• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 1, 2018

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - August 2018

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - August 2018


    The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - August 2018

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 03:01 AM PDT

    Have a question?

    Wondering what model you should go for? Ask here!

    • Do make your submission on point while adding as much detail as possible.

    • Mention your intended uses (i.e. video editing, graphic designing, photography, audio editing, gaming, casual browsing, etc).

    That's pretty much it! :)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro 13 Purple screen Help'

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 09:26 PM PDT

    Hi Guys just looking for some advice. This macbook has a purple screen i have a replacement screen but im not sure

    if this issue is likely caused by a bad graphics chip or lcd .

    Its a 2012 macbook pro 13inch with i7 2.9ghz processor.

    Let me know what you think cheers.

    Picture https://imgur.com/a/vwO0Dhf

    submitted by /u/slidog82
    [link] [comments]

    Frustrated with MacBook Keyboard!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 12:05 PM PDT

    I got a regular, Rose Gold 12" MacBook on a President's Day sale in 2017. I had previously had a MacBook Air from 2013. It was still working but due the small amount of RAM and Memory it just moved way too slow and I had to replace it. I loved that Air and it lasted longer than any other laptop I had ever had. I expected the same and better from the new MacBook. The first issue I had with the keyboard is that the left shift key got stuck. I use that key a lot (being left handed) so I had to get it fixed. I looked up on YouTube to see if I could fix the issued. No,no! They changed the way the keyboards are constructed, and you can't just replace one key...because that would be easy! So, I made an appointment at the Apple store (the closest one is 45 miles away) and took it in. One of the "genius" guys took it in the back, came back out and told me to try it. It was working, not quite as well as before, but I could use it. You have to hit it just right. The guy then sent me a video about how to basically use canned air to get stuff out from under the keys. That was at Christmas time. Now my MacBook is having more issues. Pressing the power button generally doesn't turn in on. Whether it is asleep or completely turned off, I find myself pressing multiple buttons all over the keyboard trying to get the computer to boot up. Somtimes the backlight will light up, so I know the keys are getting the signals. The best method I found was to actually disconnect the power cord and then push the power and return buttons and it will come on. But really, there is no tried and true method. I just push and plug until I get my computer on. After it is, I don't have any problems, although the lower fourth of the keyboard is starting to stick a little. Ironically, I am writing this post on an IPad and apple cover keyboard and it feels great! Can anyone recommend what I should do? I need this MacBook to last as long as possible. I know apple has come out with statements about dealing with these keyboards but I don't know if they apply to me or how to get it done. Do I need a brand new keyboard? I don't have apple care but I thought if it is their issue they will fix it for free. Sorry this is so long, but I've really got to have the computer go the distance for me and my business. Thanks for any ideas!

    submitted by /u/themoresheknows
    [link] [comments]

    Best option for repairing Macbook water damage?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 09:53 PM PDT

    So I spilled water on my Macbook Pro - took it to my school's IT department and according to them, there doesn't seem to be any damage to the logic board. However, the screen is pretty splotchy looking and the LCD panel definitely needs to be replaced. They also said that although everything looks fine atm, they can't make any guarantees that the motherboard won't just randomly stop functioning at some point.

    What is the best/most cost-effective option to get this repaired? Unfortunately I can't buy AppleCare+ for accidental damage since it's been >60 days since purchase. Should I just take it to a third party repair service or try the Genius Bar?

    submitted by /u/amberwaveSC
    [link] [comments]

    What macbook should I purchase?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 07:08 AM PDT

    I am wanting to purchase a new laptop. It will be used for app development and website design. I have not done either of these since college a few years ago, so I will be a rookie. Just something I want to start doing in my free time. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Dabbbbby22
    [link] [comments]

    [usb c to hdmi ethernet adapter] helps you connect your computer with TYPE-C port to a monitor/projector/HDTV with HDMI port to provide larger display at the high resolution for your work or movie watching.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 09:29 PM PDT

    Hello, we are amazon seller, and looking for amazon reviewers, you buy the product first, then you write the review after you get the item.You can keep the product and don't need to return to us.All of our products are amazon FBA products, if you are worried that we don't refund to you, you can return the product to amazon and get the refund. So, please don't worry about it. We will return your money to you via Paypal when 5 Star Review is completed and approved posted by Amazon. Please let me know that is ok for you.Thanks.

    submitted by /u/WLNicole
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2018 help..

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 11:29 AM PDT

    I spilled water on my MacBook and before I could wipe it off a large portion of the screen had already fogged up. Needless to say I shut it off immediately and placed it keyboard facing down so the water can evaporate, but I'm not sure if that's enough to restore the screen to its former glory. Given that nothing else other than the screen seems to be affected, should I just keep waiting (if so how long), or should I seek means of repair (how much would it typically cost)?Do any of you have similar success stories on fixing screen fog? Thanks a ton.

    submitted by /u/blurrrrpXVII
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook air battery replacement

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 08:51 AM PDT

    I'm in need of a battery replacement for my 2014 Macbook air and I cant decide if i should spent the $200 CDN and get Apple to replace it for me or do I just buy a battery off amazon and do it myself. Ive seen a lot of mixed reviews about the batteries on amazon and just want the best thing for my Mac

    submitted by /u/juwan_burgess
    [link] [comments]

    Turn off main display of macbook pro while using keyboard for external display

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 05:52 AM PDT

    Hi reddit,

    I have a macbook pro mid 2012 and I try to turn off the display completely while have access to my mac keyboard and trackpad. I have seen some command lines on Google search but those force you to hard reset the Mac if you disconnect le display.

    Do you have any idea ?

    EDIT : turning the brightness off is not what I am looking for.

    submitted by /u/cestlefeu
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro with Windows/MacOS/Linux - Windows Partition doesn't work anymore

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 07:56 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro with Windows/MacOS/Linux - Windows Partition doesn't work anymore

    I have installed Windows and Linux along my MacOS partition. The three worked very well but after certain time the Windows partition stopped working. If you choose to boot with that, this error appears during les than a second and then it reboots.

    https://i.redd.it/lha10i2fhhd11.jpg

    submitted by /u/273celsius
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel