• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 1, 2018

    Apple Help Audio stuttering on iPhone 6s when playing Music, podcasts and now calls.

    Apple Help Audio stuttering on iPhone 6s when playing Music, podcasts and now calls.


    Audio stuttering on iPhone 6s when playing Music, podcasts and now calls.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 07:47 PM PDT

    I've updated to the latest software and it won't stop. No other apps are open at the time. Are there any fixes?

    submitted by /u/Maber711
    [link] [comments]

    Apps Cannot Connect to Internet/Servers

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 10:05 PM PDT

    Hey guys, so I've bought myself a refurbished 2013 MacBook Air and it's been working fine for about a year until just recently.

    As the title states, none of my apps can connect to the Internet. I can still use Mozilla Firefox just fine so the Internet is connected and functioning. Safari, the App Store, various other apps cannot connect what so ever.

    I did a lot of digging before this and some sites said to log out of iCloud (which resulted with all of my desktop files disappearing, but that's not what this post is about right now) and log back in, but it won't connect to Apple's servers so I can't log in. Some sites said to check my firewall and that's currently off, so there's no issues there. There were suggestions with the keychains and those are all fine as well. I'm out of options and serious desperate to get this fixed. I would just buy a new computer but I'm a broke college student and this computer is keeping me employed (for now).

    Thanks for the help everyone and I'm sorry about formatting, I'm on mobile.

    submitted by /u/Mascosk
    [link] [comments]

    App store excruciatingly slow?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 09:27 PM PDT

    My App Store downloads have been extremely slow all day, to the point of not happening basically. I've tried downloading new apps, uploading existing ones... it doesnt matter, even hours later. I've already checked other devices on my WiFi network and it works fine. I've rebooted the phone, tried logging out of the App Store and back in, nothing works. This is on a 6S iOS 11.2.6 phone.

    Any advice? Anyone else encountering this?

    submitted by /u/Aladdin9
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 not charging

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 09:08 PM PDT

    My phone was charging perfectly fine earlier today, but it's not charging. It either doesn't acknowledge the charger or says it doesn't support the accessory (I've tried multiple chargers). I've checked for debris and tried resetting like 10 times. Anyone got another idea?

    submitted by /u/silentninja0614
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5c - I want to recover my photos, but the screen is dead! Third party apps didn't work

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 08:16 PM PDT

    Yesterday my iPhone became a complete brick - it doesn't seem to charge, the screen doesn't show anything, iCloud states it hasn't been turned on.

    BUT, when i connect it to my mac, the Photos App says it detects it! It doesn't load any photos though, as if it was empty. Sadly, i cannot restore them from iCloud as I ran out of space there months ago and nothing was backed up.

    It's a 5c model, and it has seen better years, but yesterday it was working just as good as always.

    I tried a number of third part apps that said that could restore the photos, only to see that "some error occurred" when they were supposedly recovering them.

    Any tip you've got can help!

    EDIT: I used Image Capture and it asks me to unlock it... but the screen isn't showing anything or responding to my fingers.

    submitted by /u/MountainZombie
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone 7 only charges when it is turned off.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 11:49 AM PDT

    IOS version: 11.4.1 Model: MN9U2LL/A

    The phone only charges when I have it turned off completely. So far it still functions normally except for the said issue. I tried cleaning the lightning port, but that didn't fix the issue. I thought that the lightning port may be damaged, but it wouldn't make sense if it works while the device is powered down. The phone also refuses to connect to my computer. It will give me an error stating " the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned" I hope this enough information to help solve the issue! Thank you for taking your time to read this!

    EDIT: I tried some of your suggestions and one actually worked, but it's kinda "weird" I live in a house with some other people and tested everyone's chargers out. The charger I currently use is an official apple one. For some reason the off brand charger my cousin uses can charge my phone while it is on. So I guess I'll just trade with him for the time being.

    submitted by /u/Yognaughts
    [link] [comments]

    Do not enter sign when restarting MacBook pro

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 03:48 PM PDT

    Just bought an used MacBook Pro(2017, space-grey, 13 inch). When I tried to download the Mac os Sierra it would not work. I turned of the computer and now i am stuck with a do not enter sign(circle with a line through).

    What can I do?

    submitted by /u/bitchimfuckingnatty
    [link] [comments]

    My IPod 6’s Sound won’t work for games

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 09:05 PM PDT

    As the title said, my IPod is for some reason not wanting to play sound when I load a game. It works on YouTube or Amazon Prime Video, but absolutely no volume at all for games. ANY help is appreciated! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Bert1252
    [link] [comments]

    In full screen, safari moves to the "click to exit fullscreen" after a short period.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 04:35 PM PDT

    Ive had no issues watching in full screen in safari before. Now when I watch in full screen, after a seemingly random short period of time, it'll automatically slide the screen over to the "click to exit fullscreen" screen. Its extremely annoying. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/smmbam711
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro fan too loud even during light gaming

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 04:04 PM PDT

    So it only happens during gaming and such but even with tasks such as Minecraft the fan will go off. I have downloaded a fan control app but I don't know what specs to set it too. What should I do? I force closed other processes and apps going on during gaming, is it safe to make the fans quieter or will it be damaging? I'm not sure what settings are good

    submitted by /u/Willy988
    [link] [comments]

    2015 Macbook Pro completely freezes, once per day, every day. Memory pressure skyrockets out of control. What can I do? (Activity monitory screenshots attached)

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 01:12 PM PDT

    • Late 2015 Macbook Pro
    • macOS High Sierra 10.13.14
    • 2.7 ghz Intel Core i5
    • 8gb DDR3 Memory

    Every single day for the past 4 months my laptop freezes up at a random point in the day.

    First my trackpad begins to slow down while moving the mouse across the screen and then soon after everything freezes completely except for music or sounds.

    Typically when this freeze occurs I have 2 options.

    1. Force restart by holding down the power button which I try not to do.

    2. Wait it out. Usually my computer is frozen for anywhere between 5-10 min (all the while music and sounds still play). I usually take this time to go get a coffee...

    I've been keeping a loose log of what applications have been open when these issues occur.

    • Chrome
    • Spotify
    • Outlook
    • Messages
    • Activity Monitor
    • and sometimes a few other programs.

    Here is what my Activity Monitor looks like immediately after my computer comes back to life.

    I'm thankful for any advice/solutions/recommendations.

    submitted by /u/rdsyes
    [link] [comments]

    Lightning to aux adapters, is there a better option than apple brand? Every time I buy one it last 2wks max until intermittently cutting. Patience be exhausted. What has worked for you?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 05:11 AM PDT

    I got locked out of my MacBook after losing the password and system recovery doesn't work

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 06:08 PM PDT

    I have a late-2008 aluminum MacBook running El Capitan. I lost access to the OS because of a password issue (basically I changed the password by "accident" and didn't had the opportunity to read much less write down the new one).

    What I'm trying to do now is to access the recovery partition, so I can use Terminal to reset the system password from there. However, I'm having a really hard time getting to accomplish that.

    First, for some reason cmd+r during startup doesn't work. At all. The Apple logo just appears as usual and then the regular boot process goes on. However, what's weird is that, as I keep the cmd+r keys pressed while the loading bar goes on, the screen starts to flash or tilt, as if the OS was trying to tell me something. What does this mean?

    Second, I tried Internet Recover, using cmd+alt+r during startup. Again, the system just boots as usual.

    Third, I connected an external drive which has two partitions, one of which is used for my Time Machine backups. Then I pressed alt during startup. To my amazement, the only thing that appears there is the main Macintosh HD partition. No recovery partition, no Time Machine backup. (I got to say that this is extremely weird, since I have no memory of deleting the recovery partition, and the external drive has been working normally in previous days.)

    Fourth, I reseted the PRAM with cmd+alt+p+r and then tried everything mentioned above again. Everything stays the same.

    At this point I'm running out of ideas and I don't know what the hell is going on, not to mention that I'm on the go, therefore I don't know anyone with a Mac so I could use a USB stick to make an Install drive.

    Perhaps there's something I could do from iCloud? Is it possible to reset my system password from there? FWIW I never confirmed the password change in iCloud (the OS would display a notification asking me to do so).

    submitted by /u/metacognitive_guy
    [link] [comments]

    Muddy Vocal Recording After Laptop Change

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 02:12 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I have recently upgraded from a 2013 MacBook Air to a 2018 Macbook Pro (touch bar). I record vocals into Garageband with a Blue Snowball USB microphone. When recorded, they sound perfectly clear on my old MBA. Then I plug into the MBP (using the USB dongle) and the vocals come out slightly distorted/muddy, with reduced clarity.

    I have both laptops available, and can run a test side by side with different results, so I believe it's not the microphone. Could it be the dongle (USB to lightning)? Or am I missing something in Garageband? I've exhausted settings and presets and even tried recording in Audacity. Same test, different results between the two laptops.

    Both computers have fully updated Garageband.

    Thanks in advance for any help!

    submitted by /u/swsmith3
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for best Monitor for MacBook Pro mid-2012

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 04:56 PM PDT

    Name of Mac: MacBook Pro mid-2012

    SPECS: (bold means upgrades from the default)

    cpu: 2.5 GHz Intel i5

    memory: *10 gb *

    hard drive: 128 gb SSD

    gpu: (integrated graphics lol)

    Intel HD Graphics 4000 (supports up to 2560 by 1600 px)

    USES:

    -gaming lol nope- maybe Minecraft at least?

    -workstation uses: Adobe suite, Microsoft office

    -intensive web browsing

    REQUIREMENTS:

    -IPS

    -24 inches

    -1080p 24 in / 1440p 27 in (I can do with either)

    -≥60 Hz refresh rate

    BUDGET:

    less than $500 but cheaper is better; I could potentially do up to ~$700 but no more than $800

    ADDITIONAL INFO:

    if there was extra technology that I didn't explicitly mention or something that would help with future proofing; that'd be awesome

    submitted by /u/simsdoren
    [link] [comments]

    2018 MBP Bluetooth Issues

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 12:36 PM PDT

    Using 2018 MBP (running 10.13.6) with Magic Keyboard and 2nd gen Magic Mouse 2 - since yesterday bluetooth keeps dropping and restoring. I have removed both from mac and re-paired, changed batteries in the keyboard - happening with random frequency. Both are less than a foot away from device. Anyone had/having similar issues?

    submitted by /u/jkatlanta
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro with Windows/MacOS/Linux - Windows Partition doesn't work anymore

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 07:19 AM PDT

    I have installed Windows and Linux along my MacOS partition. The three worked very well but after certain time the Windows partition stopped working. If you choose to boot with that, this error appears during les than a second and then it reboots.

    https://i.stack.imgur.com/SGK9d.jpg

    submitted by /u/273celsius
    [link] [comments]

    Blocking the call/text/settings/safari/so-on functions/apps on an iPad

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 12:13 PM PDT

    Hi. I want to block the call/texts/safari/ and so on apps/functions on an iPad. I want the user to be able to access certain apps using a 4g data connection. Can all this be achieved? I am uncertain of the iPad model number (but I can figure it out; if it's required). Thanks guys in advance.

    submitted by /u/sexysipsiboi
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth keyboard not pairing

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 03:11 PM PDT

    Hi there, I've already search the internet but for the love of God I can't even get remotely close to solving this problem.

    I'm trying to pair my Bluetooth apple keyboard (A1255) to my Mac Mini.

    Even when it can connect and promps a passkey it can't get to pair. I type passcode and then hit return but it says it's incorrect.

    Can someone help me?

    submitted by /u/QuantumFascist
    [link] [comments]

    "Your disk space is almost full" message every 10 minutes

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 03:10 PM PDT

    I don't have room to delete anything from my computer and I have enough space to spare, but that message pops up every 10 minutes and I can't disable it. I'd be fine if it was once a day but it keeps showing up. How do I get rid of it?

    submitted by /u/JewsicaXx
    [link] [comments]

    “Select the disk where you want to install macOS.” No disk appears.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 10:29 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro mid-202 13"

    So my MacBook has been giving me problems. It will get stuck on the load screen and then just turn off. So I've tried an SMC reset. A PRAM reset. Just turning it off then back on. None of those worked.

    So now my last effort is to reinstall macOS because I have no idea wtf to do in Disk Utility. But, the disk doesn't appear. Or it does appear once at the beginning, but after I type in "a password"(not "the" password? Strange), it disappears.

    Any help on how I could get it to reappear would be appreciated. I hope reinstalling the macOS does not delete any of my data, too.

    submitted by /u/Whatsup129389
    [link] [comments]

    2015 Macbook Pro 1/4 Screen Discoloration

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 09:58 AM PDT

    So the right-center quarter of the screen is discolored. It almost inverts colors on videos and certain temperature pictures. It's almost like theres some burn-in in the section, but the ghosting changes showing different things that were recently on the screen.

    The happened about two weeks ago and I haven't found any fixes. Any help would be great. Thanks. Pictures

    submitted by /u/hawkin712
    [link] [comments]

    iPad connects to home WiFi but iPhone doesn’t. No idea what’s going on.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 08:35 AM PDT

    So as I said, my iPad is connected just fine to my home WiFi but my phone won't connect. I wonder if it has something to do with the update: I updated my phone but not my iPad. Is there a glitch is the latest iOS?

    I tried all the usual stuff. Reset network connections, power off and on, etc. No luck. When I turn WiFi off my phone works perfectly.

    Any idea what's going on?

    submitted by /u/Anonymous_Bosch
    [link] [comments]

    Is my MBP wifi going bad?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 11:56 AM PDT

    I have a 2008 and a 2014 MBP. Both run simultaneously. The 2014 has been acting strange the last few months. It seems to have issues staying connected to my router. It will work fine for a day or three, but then it will do something weird. For a while, it seems like turning off/on the wifi would fix it, but lately that doesn't work. I'll restart the computer, etc. Eventually it will just start working again. It's not consistent.

    I often use TeamViewer to remote into the computer. Today, it was working fine, but suddenly I couldn't load any websites. My TeamView connection was still working, but the computer wouldn't load any websites on Chrome, Firefox, etc. Eventually, I closed the TeamViewer connection. When I tried to connect again, the computer is listed as ready, but it says "partner did not connect to router".

    Earlier, I was using the internet, but the computer wouldn't cast Chrome to any Chromecasts.

    A lot of similar things are happening. I have completely switched from Comcast with my own router to AT&T with their router. The issues persist.

    The 2008 MBP seems fine - it's always working when the 2014 is having issues.

    I've never had wifi go out on a computer (what would you call it, the radio?), so I don't know if that's a possibility or what.

    submitted by /u/yneos
    [link] [comments]

    Podcast Sync Problem (iTunes <-> iPhone)

    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 07:16 AM PDT

    I know podcast support on macOS/iOS is a garbage fire, but this is a new low...

    So I was taking video on my iPhone and I had to make some more space so I didn't run out while filming. I offloaded a few apps and deleted some podcasts since I keep my primary podcast library on my Mac and just use iTunes to sync the ten oldest episodes to my iPhone.

    What I didn't anticipate was the Podcasts app taking my deletion of a bunch of podcasts as an indication that I was unsubscribing from them. I go home, connect my phone to my Mac and open iTunes. Suddenly 3/4 of my podcasts disappear. No problem, I have a Time Machine backup. I restore the podcasts folder and my iTunes library, and open iTunes again. The podcasts appear for a moment, then are automatically deleted. I disconnect my phone, restore again. Same thing. I go to the Podcasts preferences on my phone and disable syncing and try again. Same result. I delete the Podcasts app from my phone completely. Same thing again.

    What do I do here? I have about a year's worth of several podcasts that I'm still in the process of listening to chronologically and I don't want to lose all that. My experience with manually adding podcast episodes to iTunes is that it just causes more trouble than it's worth.

    Before everyone starts recommending alternative podcast apps instead of an actual solution... So far I have been sticking with the Apple Podcasts app because other apps either stream episodes (waste of cellular data) or involve annoying sync processes that involve manually moving data on to the phone, so I'd rather fix this than migrate to another app entirely.

    submitted by /u/phreakymonkey
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel