• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 1, 2018

    Apple Macbook MacBook Backlight Issues

    Apple Macbook MacBook Backlight Issues


    MacBook Backlight Issues

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 08:31 PM PDT

    Hey everybody,

    I've been having an issue with my MacBook (MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)) for a while. The screen was flickering on and off but I could still see the screen if I shined a flashlight on the screen or through the Apple logo on the back. I figured since it was still flickering on and off that the display/backlight wasn't shot completely, so I took it to the Apple store and they diagnosed it as the entire display being the issue and quoted $475 for the repair. I didn't necessarily have that money to put out at the time so I just took it back home and let it sit. I had a friend look at it and say that it was probably the backlight bulb as I thought but that the issue could only be fixed through 'micro soldering' which was something I'd never heard of and apparently is a very delicate job. I still had an old PC that I could use and put the MacBook to the back of my mind. Almost a month later, after letting it collect dust I decided to pick it up from my friend's house and plug it in, and the display seems to have fixed its problem. I'm not sure if letting it die and start back up had something to do with it but I know simply restarting it did not work originally as I had tried that several times. I'm interested to hear what you all think and if the issue really could be resolved after letting it die and recharge. I'm pretty uncultured with computers so I have no idea if it actually makes a difference or not. Thank you in advance.

    TL;DR
    My MacBook's display was flickering on and off. I could still see the screen if I shined a light on it, so it wasn't a display issue. After letting the laptop collect dust for a month and die, I finally charged it back up and the problem seems to have fixed itself.

    submitted by /u/kinghomo
    [link] [comments]

    Office set up: MacBook Pro + monitors vs. iMac + MacBook

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 08:17 PM PDT

    I'm trying to decide on the best way to set up my office. I do computationally intensive bioinformatics and work with large images/datasets, so prefer to have a machine that can handle doing some of the workload locally. On the flip side, I travel frequently, so I need to have a laptop that I can take on the road with me to make/run PowerPoints, work process, email, and do some analyses (although generally I should be able to remote into clusters for intensive tasks).

    Does anyone have a similar demand and recommend a set up? I'm stuck between getting a MacBook Pro that can plug into a station and be the work horse, while being portable or getting an iMac to stay in the office and getting one of the new MacBook airs (assuming they come) or a MacBook 13 inch for the road. I'm a little worried that the MacBook Pro I'd need is a 15 inch, which lacks portability of a MacBook Pro 13 or MacBook Air.

    Thanks for any advice!

    submitted by /u/whiteyzacks
    [link] [comments]

    app that makes it possible to download while Mac lid is closed?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 05:15 PM PDT

    is it possible

    submitted by /u/Aytexn
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how I can transfer my old photos and iMovie library from my old Mac to my new one?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 08:24 PM PDT

    I just want to transfer my photos and iMovie library from my old Mac. That's all. But the methods that apple have recommended me are that I use migration assistant. But what ends up happening is that I have to also transfer my old User account from my old Mac in order to transfer those libraries I want. Can anyone help me with this?

    submitted by /u/rambo8699
    [link] [comments]

    The state of Space Grey 3 Years later

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 05:38 AM PDT

    This is an question for owners of space grey MB/MBP since at least 2/3 years.

    Do you see any signs of wear ? Scratches after few years of use ? Do you regret buying your MBP in this color thanks.

    As for me I don't own one yet. I thought I was settled for the silver. But now I can't decide which one to get. By the way the silver MBP is very rare on YouTube. It's seems to be a less popular choice.

    submitted by /u/Douceureux
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook 12 inch 2017 owners out there..

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 02:16 PM PDT

    As I am crazy about the gold color and no other macbooks offer this, I am left with the Macbook 12 inch with 16gig of ram and my question is, which processor should I actually go for between M3, i5 and i7?

    My work includes running android emulators such as Bluestacks and Nox.

    My concern also lies with heat and battery longetivity.
    Will M3 suffice for a lagfree android emulator experience? Perhaps i5 is the sweet spot? And the i7.. My fear is the heat and low usage time before it needs to be charged.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Leeroll003
    [link] [comments]

    The MacBook Air 2017 model? Is it still worth it?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 10:02 AM PDT

    What cases will fit a 2010 MacBook?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 12:17 PM PDT

    I ordered a new 2010 MacBook (not pro) for school and I want to get a case. Possibly from amazon but they all keep saying air or pro and I'm not sure what will fit

    submitted by /u/Thanos2458
    [link] [comments]

    Black scratches any idea how to remove them?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 01:54 AM PDT

    MAC address changing on new 2018 MBP broken

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 11:30 AM PDT

    Hey guys,Anyone here with one of the new 2018 MBPs able to chime in?

    I am able to change (until next restart) my MAC address using the below commands in terminal with wifi disconnected on my 2012 13" MBP. Unfortunately, using the same commands in terminal on my new 2018 13" MBP does nothing to change my MAC address.

    Checking 'ifconfig en0 | grep ether' shows that the MAC address has not changed.

    How can I spoof my MAC address on my new laptop?Terminal commands used:

    ifconfig en0 | grep ether

    openssl rand -hex 6 | sed 's/\(..\)/\1:/g; s/.$//'

    sudo ifconfig en0 ether f8:1e:df:d8:9d:8a

    submitted by /u/raveroli
    [link] [comments]

    Was this a good deal? I’m excited but my classic buyers remorse anxiety is setting in.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 09:21 AM PDT

    I bought a 13" 2017 MBP touchbar model with 256GB SSD and 8GB of RAM, in excellent condition and AppleCare til 2020, on eBay for $1320.

    It's definitely cheaper than the Apple refurbs would have been, but i guess I'm just a little irrationally anxious worrying about whether I'll actually need the 3.1GhZ and the 256 SSD when I could've had a non TB 128 SSD from Apple for $1,099

    submitted by /u/elscorcho91
    [link] [comments]

    App for toggling TrueTone on MacBook Pro on and off?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 08:55 AM PDT

    I seem to remember seeing an app that allowed you to switch TrueTone on and off very easily, but have completely forgotten the name.

    I think it had an Owl icon, and it sat in the menu bar at the top of the screen so that you didn't have to keep going into system preferences to access TrueTone manually - does anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/schoenborges_II
    [link] [comments]

    Check out these new wallpapers from the newest macOS Mojave beta update!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 08:41 AM PDT

    13 in macbook pro 2018 unboxing!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2018 09:21 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel