• Breaking News

    Friday, August 3, 2018

    Apple iOS Can’t set alarm at noon for today? What am I missing here.

    Apple iOS Can’t set alarm at noon for today? What am I missing here.


    Can’t set alarm at noon for today? What am I missing here.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:56 AM PDT

    iOS 12 Beta 4 AppStore updates are extremely slow.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 08:59 PM PDT

    As the title says. App updates are taking forever. I've tried over 2 WiFi networks, 4g, 3g and no matter the network. It's taking hours to update apps. Normally I can update 10-15 apps in a few minutes. But since beta 4 it's crazy slow. But only with the App Store. Rest of the phone and data are flying. Web pages and all other apps load fast like normal.

    Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing this. To give you an idea. I started 4 app updates at 5pm, it's almost 9pm and none of the apps are finished installing. Just one is 1/4 of the way downloaded. Apps I'm updating:

    Google photos, Mint, Facebook, YouTube

    Even new downloads take forever. I can search the App Store just fine though. I tried updated 13 apps after the beta 4 update, and after 12 hours only 11 had updated.

    submitted by /u/Drivenapollo
    [link] [comments]

    I have an old (1st gen) iPad mini

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:19 AM PDT

    It's running iOS 9.3.5 i decided to use this as my ebook reader since my kindle stopped working but i can't install the kindle application because it says it needs iOS 10 and above. Is there something i can do?

    submitted by /u/aaronryder773
    [link] [comments]

    Music quality on ios

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 05:13 AM PDT

    I just upgraded to 11.4.1 and i noticed music quality slightly better than 11.4. Not sure it just a placebo things. But i just wondering is that music quality actually change when we upgrading ios or compare to old ios? Thanks

    Im using IP6, Apple Music, Earpod

    submitted by /u/bad_killjoy
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to disable “Website Want To Use Your Location” pop up in Safari?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 06:33 PM PDT

    Seriously, every god damn time I open a webpage it pops up!!! I swear I want to throw my phone at the wall whenever it happens...

    submitted by /u/bryanedwards441
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the default Notes app iOS11.3.1

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 09:04 AM PDT

    I want to start using the default Notes app as my regular notes app, but I have some question regarding syncing.

    Is it possible to sync tables, sketches, etc to gmail or outlook? From what I can see now, it doesnt seem possible.

    Since I want to sync to my existing non-apple accounts, would it make sense to try syncing to outlook using the icloud plugin for outlook?

    submitted by /u/Scruffyy90
    [link] [comments]

    Where do new apps go?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 08:36 AM PDT

    I have an open spot on my front page of my phone. And some on my second. But apps seem to go to my third page. Why?

    submitted by /u/akatsukix
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 12 Beta Battery Drain

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 08:13 AM PDT

    Good morning Reddit,

    I have noticed that my battery life since using the beta for iOS 12 has been absolutely horrible. I had my battery changed by Apple 5 months ago on my 6s but now my phone can't even last the morning.

    I am at 18% sending this and I can basically watch my battery % count down every time I look at it.

    Is anyone else having this issue on the public beta??

    submitted by /u/Alex13x
    [link] [comments]

    How do I COMPLETELY mute my iPhone, no vibration?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 05:41 PM PDT

    I keep getting woken up by people who call me because I leave my iPhone on during the night with the vibration. I've always wondered how to completely mute it. Can you guys please tell me how to do it? lol thanks

    submitted by /u/reginof99
    [link] [comments]

    Can't activate iMessage on new international sim card

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:34 AM PDT

    So my phone was fully unlocked by AT&T. I am currently in Ukraine. I recently switched my sim card to vodafone, added a balance to the sms to activate imessage. Facetime was able to activate, but imessage only activated my phone number (and it wouldnt work either). I disabled imessage and tried reactivating it, but it keep s saying "waiting for activation". Vodafone tells me that I did receive the sms to activate imessage, but clearly I still cant use it. Any help?

    submitted by /u/Rezyle
    [link] [comments]

    Font dimension iOS 11

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:13 AM PDT

    What is the default font dimension in settings in is 11 in iPhone X?

    submitted by /u/Dafth
    [link] [comments]

    10 years of the App Store: The design evolution of the earliest apps

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 10:34 AM PDT

    Speed up iPhone - No Jailbreak

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 04:56 AM PDT

    You can speed up the iPhone experience by completely disabling some animations due to a bug. It is easy to trigger and has no adverse impact on anything else. The result only lasts until your phone goes standby. Here is what to do:

    1. Get the "power off your phone" slider on the screen (by long pressing the power button or through the settings>general screen buttom)

    2. Slide the slider about half way and while holding your finger there (do not let it go) short press the phone's power button.

    3. This will trigger the bug so your phone will look like it restarted the screen session: screen goes black for a moment and comes back.

    4. You are NOT done yet, as your touchscreen will not work if you leave it like this ( do not worry, you can get it working again by either the next step or by simply standby your phone as that will get rid of the effects of the bug)

    5. Enable the touch screen by getting the "power off your phone" slider on the screen again by long pressing the phone's power button

    6. Without touching the slider long press the home button until the screen goes black for a moment. For some the lock screen comes back without the screen going blank and you need to use the passcode (thanks Allavas for the report).

    7. You are done. Check out how much faster your phone feels.

    8. Remember that the effects of the bug only lasts until your phone goes standby.

    I am using IOS11.4.1 on iPhone SE (thnx AWF_Noone).

    It will be nice if Apple gives us a choice/setting to speed up or completely disable the app startup/task manager animations.

    submitted by /u/fuge007
    [link] [comments]

    Shouldn’t frequent locations work in low power mode?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 04:03 AM PDT

    Can't figure out whether it's low power mode stoping frequent locations recording or there is some bug in my phone... Somehow it recorded a few arrivals at my home but since yesterday there is nothing.

    submitted by /u/Inikel
    [link] [comments]

    How The iPhone Has Changed In 10 Years

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 11:09 AM PDT

    Change of country of App Store: purchased apps?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 11:55 PM PDT

    Hi. Is there a way to see what apps I may lose if I switch from US to NL store? I have a lot of purchased apps and want to check first. I may also lose iTunes Match it seems like... Thanks

    submitted by /u/Antanisblinda
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] How do I go about get music and other files off my old iPod? The screen is broken but works with iTunes. It’s running 5.1.1

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 03:33 PM PDT

    Does anyone else find it quicker typing 'slash' rather than clicking the symbol button and selecting '/'?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 09:08 PM PDT

    Just a little UX quirk i spotted today. What would be useful is if 'slash' would auto-correct to '/'. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/JorSum
    [link] [comments]

    What is the easiest way to transfer 4k/ 60fps videos from my iphone X to my early 2013 MBP?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 12:13 PM PDT

    [Gmail on iOS] What does this symbol mean?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 12:58 PM PDT

    Is the stock Mail app on iOS (using Gmail) this bad... or am I missing something?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 06:45 PM PDT

    So... I have a g suite email account that I'm trying to set up.

    If I set it up as a "google" or "other (IMAP)" email account, then everything is perfect, except I can only sync a measly 7 days of emails... with no option to sync more days.

    If I set it up as an exchange account... I can sync an unlimited number of emails (and obviously have push... but I don't care that much about that). Everything else is atrocious. It completely messes up google labels... it adds mailboxes that aren't even on my google account (Starred, specifically), it doesn't register the drafts folder, and it puts the parent folders in the wrong order. Worse, I can't archive unless I change my google sync settings to archive, and then I can't delete emails.

    Am I just missing something, am I asking too much here, or is there really no way to have:

    1. *All* of my emails synced.

    2. Mailboxes registered correctly

    3. The option to archive *or* delete an email.

    Thanks for any replies!

    submitted by /u/ivegotnothingwitty
    [link] [comments]

    Clear data greyed out safari

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 04:49 PM PDT

    I am iOS 12 public beta 4, disabled iCloud syncing of safari and restrictions and parental control are turned off. Anyone else have the same issue? https://i.imgur.com/mApUgoK.jpg

    submitted by /u/piravinthbask22
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel