• Breaking News

    Friday, August 3, 2018

    iPhone New App Discovery Thread for August 03, 2018

    iPhone New App Discovery Thread for August 03, 2018


    New App Discovery Thread for August 03, 2018

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:35 AM PDT

    Welcome to our weekly stickied App thread! This is a new idea so please feel free to offer your feedback about this thread or the subreddit in general in the comments. As usual if you have a serious issue with the subreddit please contact the moderators directly.

    This thread is intended to help members of the /r/iphone community get informed about new apps that are out there. App developers may also use this thread to make users aware that their new app exists.

    Please sort comments by 'new' to find questions/information that would otherwise be buried.

    In this thread you can ask any iOS app related question that you may have. Anyone may offer advice on any issue.

    Two examples of potential questions could be; "How do I learn to code an app?", or "How is app pricing determined?"

    Developers, please include as much information about your app as possible, including size, price, release info, and anything else people request.

    Finally, please stick to reddiquette and keep your comments on topic and substantive. Thanks for participating.

    Ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Hope this one lasts as long

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 05:18 AM PDT

    In response to a previous post, my mom also decided to finally upgrade phones. She went from a Samsung Something to an iPhone 8. Her first smartphone and she can’t put it down.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 10:45 PM PDT

    First trillion dollar company

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 10:31 AM PDT

    New iPhone X Plus leaks confirms support of all landscape features of Plus versions

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:44 AM PDT

    Those of you with 256 GB, what are you using all that storage on?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 12:15 AM PDT

    I'm planning to upgrade when the new iPhones come out and I'm trying to decide on if I should get the 64 GB or 256 GB (assuming those are the storage options).

    submitted by /u/runQuick
    [link] [comments]

    I think this could be my favorite case I have ever had on an iPhone

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 07:03 AM PDT

    Tell me your hidden gem iPhone Apps!!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 04:12 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    Tell me what paid/free iPhone apps you have that are hidden gems!!

    submitted by /u/ImNotFromThisPlanet
    [link] [comments]

    any idea on how to reduce the size of the other category on my wife's iPhone

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 04:31 AM PDT

    iPhones look so sexy without cases but it’s risky

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 10:03 AM PDT

    Will the iPhone 8 be the last model with TouchiD?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 08:16 AM PDT

    If yes, I'll eventually be upgrading to an 8.

    submitted by /u/JaxTellerr
    [link] [comments]

    Wrongly accused of stealing iPhone

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 12:28 AM PDT

    Long story short the GPS tracker on the lost iPhone brought someone to my house saying the last location recorded was here. Nobody in my family has seen or found a phone. He keeps insisting I have it. The police are involved and are not believing our side. We don't want to be charged with a crime we did not commit. This whole thing is just silly. It's a phone. What could have caused the location to pinpoint our house if we never had it? What should I do?

    submitted by /u/bryanthelionx
    [link] [comments]

    On the road to 2 Trillion: Apple’s 2018 iPhones are rumored to not include headphone dongle in the box

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 09:27 AM PDT

    Apple would possibly get an extra $9 from many customers if that's the case:

    https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/8/3/17647840/apple-2018-iphones-headphone-dongle-in-box-rumor-barclays-research

    Thought? Is this a step forward or a step backwards towards inconvenience?

    submitted by /u/BeLikeLeBron
    [link] [comments]

    Apple is worth more than Turkey, The Netherlands, and Saudi Arabia's GDP

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 03:20 PM PDT

    iPhone 8 image quality has been awful. Possible iOS 12 side effect?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 07:17 AM PDT

    I've noticed that my pictures have just not been looking good, smudgy, dim and just awful. I've got iOS 12 beta 5, could that be my problem?

    submitted by /u/_reykjavik
    [link] [comments]

    Getting an iPhone Next Month, Got Questions About Moving From Android to iOS

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 09:28 AM PDT

    Hey all. So I found out that I'm going to be eligible for an upgrade in mid September just after the release of the new 2018 iPhones. I've pretty much been on Android ever since I started using smartphones, but ironically, I've always used a Mac based computer outside of the one I use for work now. I'm interested in jumping ship to iOS because of the integration aspects of OSX and iOS.

    I'm sure there will be a learning curve going from one OS for 5+ years to another, so there were a few things I was curious to know to make the potential switch a bit easier:

    -How well do voice commands work on the iPhone as far as Siri goes? In Georgia, we now have a hands-free driving law so I basically "OK Google" non-stop on my S9+ to play songs, navigate places, call/text, etc. Good thing is that it works even when the phone is locked which is really beneficial. I've heard that Siri wasn't that great at one point, but I'm hoping it can handle these basic things cause it's pretty much a necessity now.

    -Does the YouTube app in iOS do small screen or PIP? In Android, the video you're watching continues to play in a smaller condensed form if you press the home button or open other apps. Not something I NEED, but was just curious if it was there.

    -How is the file system in iOS? Like is it easy to upload a file, say a PDF, from cloud storage to an email to send as an attachment? I've heard people say the iOS file system is tricky in comparison to Android. I from time to time upload documents from my Dropbox to email to folks after hours when needed.

    -Is there a voice command on the camera? I don't mean telling Siri to take a picture. I mean within the camera app having a phrase you can say that starts the timer. My girlfriend is able to say "Smile" on her S8 and it starts a 3 second timer then takes the pic. I wanted to see if this was available cause she's interested in getting an iphone too and would love to keep using that feature.

    -Just a random question, but how well have you all with the X adjusted to not having the home button? It seems this will be the norm moving forward. Has it been easy to learn how to close apps, switch apps, go home, etc.?

    TL;DR : switching from Android to iOS and curious about what's different and what's similar. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/mikelowry7
    [link] [comments]

    Apple officially becomes the first US based trillion dollar company

    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 10:49 AM PDT

    New iPhone 6 Weirdness

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 10:33 AM PDT

    My phone has been acting extra strange for the last couple months, not sure why, any tips??

    (Weird= laggy, mistypes/misclicks, weaker network connection than before, randomly getting texts that were apparently sent to me weeks before, notification flag errors)

    submitted by /u/coop8m6
    [link] [comments]

    What are some features on a iPhone X that are useful but not commonly known?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 10:30 AM PDT

    I have owned a iPhone X since it came out. Love the functionality and ease of use. However, I feel like there is much more I can get out of this phone. What are some little known functions or features that you use that other people should know about?

    submitted by /u/jamjim_
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi not working when SIM card is in iPhone?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 10:22 AM PDT

    So out of nowhere this issue started to come up a couple of days ago. The wifi on my iPhone 6 stopped working properly. I am able to join my wifi network at home, though most of the time it would give me an error message (i.e. incorrect password and unable to join network), I tested this with my other devices and they work perfectly fine. Even if I successfully connect to the network, the signal is extremely weak and it always drops (automatically goes to 4G), nothing seems to load when connected to wifi.

    I tried taking out the SIM card and for some reason the wifi starts working normally again, so I think it has something to do with the SIM card? I am currently using a prepaid card. Has anyone experienced something like this before? Do you know any possible solutions to this without having to order a new prepaid card?

    submitted by /u/SkepticalBeing
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Maps, Siri, and Guidance Voice

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 09:18 AM PDT

    Is there a way to ask Siri to turn the guidance voice on or off while driving with Apple Maps? Sometimes I get to a point where I know where I'm going and want to turn the voice off, but I don't want to touch the iPhone while driving.

    submitted by /u/Oakwine
    [link] [comments]

    To the people who don't have beats or airpods, what headphones are you using with your iphone?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 09:09 AM PDT

    I have a pair of airpods but am looking for a more sound-focused pair of headphones; The W1 chip's spoiled me but I can't bring myself to spend $200 on beats, so what's the next best thing?

    submitted by /u/XFluffyDragonX
    [link] [comments]

    Must have apps for heavy social media use?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 08:59 AM PDT

    I use social media a lot and the default apps are quite simple / stale, what are some suggestions ?

    submitted by /u/Ninjastranger
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t 3D Touch on my iPhone 7

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 08:42 AM PDT

    I have iOS 12.3 Public Beta on my iPhone 7 but I can't use 3D Touch in the control panel. What am I supposed to do? I set the sensitivity to Light but no use... plz help me.

    submitted by /u/Ultrawog
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel