• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 4, 2018

    Apple Help Volume is too loud on iPod Nano 7th generation

    Apple Help Volume is too loud on iPod Nano 7th generation


    Volume is too loud on iPod Nano 7th generation

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 09:16 PM PDT

    I have some wired headphones and am using Apple AirPods, both have recently started sounding much louder than normal. With the wired headphones, i can still hear music when the volume is as at 0. With the AirPods, one level up from silence is about what used to be half volume. I haven't changed any settings and have no idea what may have caused this. Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/HikariSecuris
    [link] [comments]

    Can't recover iTunes music.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 05:25 PM PDT

    I recently lost all of my iTunes music. (I downgraded my iTunes shortly). Now that I am using the current version of iTunes again I still can not get my music back. I've followed a tutorial very closely with no results. Here is all of the stuff I know, I don't know what is useful:

    -I am using iTunes version 12.8.0.150 on mac 10.10.5

    -I still have several "Previous iTunes Libraries" but they are all .itl

    -All of my music is still in: /Users/[user]/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music

    -When I create a new .xml and import it via import playlist it doesn't do anything

    I hope that is enough information. Thanks for any help.

    Edit: I can actually listen to some of my lost music on the Spotify player that I downloaded. But only some of it, also I can't sync it to my phone.

    submitted by /u/VeggieBoy24
    [link] [comments]

    Virus detected in new tab?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 02:42 PM PDT

    Every few minutes, as I use my new MacBook Pro, a new random tab will open telling me I have 3 new virus'. The new tab looks like a bootleg apple support page telling me to download some Mac cleaner. I looked this up earlier with people either saying to download a certain malware remover or to not download anything because "malware removers are never needed on a Mac" or something. Has anyone had to deal with this and knows of a way to fix it? It's really annoying.

    submitted by /u/goddammitboomhauer
    [link] [comments]

    Glitching when screen wakes up

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 08:27 PM PDT

    Lately, my macbook's startup time has doubled and it glitches when it wakes up from sleep. It is no longer smooth when waking up from sleep, since there is no fade animation into the lock screen when it wakes up. The screen just flashes into the login screen and sometimes flashes black for a split second.Occasionally, when waking up from sleep, the entire screen will flash white for 0.5 seconds before going to the regular lock screen. Any thoughts?

    I have already reset the SMC, PRAM, and have reinstalled the entire OS.

    submitted by /u/yineng_ho
    [link] [comments]

    Teraterm alternative for Mac with Baud rate setting.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 06:57 PM PDT

    Hello, I recently purchased a Mac and I am looking for the Mac equivalent to Teraterm. I use it to push files to industrial equipment and it would be great if I could use my new MacBook Air to do it. I need the program to have a baud rate setting for 115200. Are there any options?

    submitted by /u/machelpacicount221
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone Exchange

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 04:32 PM PDT

    Can I still return my iphone if it has a screen protector on it ? It hasn't been 14 days yet since I bought it

    submitted by /u/gxthshawty
    [link] [comments]

    Will deleting .DS_Store on Google Drive affect my files, if I decide to download them onto my computer?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 01:23 PM PDT

    hello, all!

    decided to transfer a few files from my MacBook onto my Google Drive, and noticed a .DS_Store is present in some of my folders.

    not that it's a bother; but if I decide, one day, to delete the .DS_Stores on Google Drive, then download my stored files onto my MacBook - would anything negative ensue to the files, if I try to access them on my MacBook?

    any input is appreciated! :)

    submitted by /u/thatanonymouskid
    [link] [comments]

    Mid 2012 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 02:32 PM PDT

    Don't know if it my computer or YouTube but sometimes when watching videos the video goes green for a couple seconds. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/tarr54
    [link] [comments]

    How to enable ICloud photos again before my photos delete?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 08:21 PM PDT

    I disabled ICloud photos. But then changed my mind. I enabled it again. However my IPhone 7 still says it will delete in the time left it has before deletion. It says all I have to do is turn on iCloud photos again. I did so but the message won't go away. Should I ignore it?

    submitted by /u/Boo_Dough
    [link] [comments]

    I'm having trouble logging into iMessage and facetime on my macbook pro. Anytime I try to sign in with my apple id it says there's an error. How do I fix this?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 11:26 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro 2015 13 inch screen is really white and flickers

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 01:53 PM PDT

    Here's what it looks like at full brightness with the flickering https://imgur.com/a/ip6T5gX. The flickers freeze everything for a second until it flickers again. It works fine when I connect it to a monitor with the lid shut. I've tried resetting the nvram, and reinstalling the OS. When I run the diagnostics test, the screen turns off after the fans started running so I can't see the error. The screen turns off also when I run it in safe mode. But will connect to a monitor. Do you guys think it's a screen issue? Or maybe something wrong with the logic board?

    submitted by /u/gda19
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Pro Tower A1289 Boots to the Apple Loading screen then turns off

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 01:19 PM PDT

    Mac Pro Tower A1289

    It boots to the Apple Loading screen then turns off

    Sometimes it goes a tiny bit, sometimes half way, but always turns off.

    When I remove the hard drive bay, it boots to the question mark and doesn't turn off.

    Booted hard drive externally and it booted once but never again.

    Reset PRam, NVRam, and SMC

    Removed all Ram sticks and tried different ones to see if that was the issue. Same issue.

    Can boot into Single Sign On mode and did repair the disk once.

    Can boot into the disk selection mode but still turns off when I choose the main drive or the recovery partition.

    Tried a SSD and a regular HDD.

    Will not go to hardware test connected to ether or not with option d or just d

    Pics of lights included. Lights that light up on the backplane logic board are PSU PWR ON, 5V Standby, Sys PG, EFI Done, and GPU ok.

    Can't decide if it's corrupt OS (No recovery or install disk to try to reinstall OS), GPU, PSU, or Backplane logicboard.

    Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!

    https://imgur.com/a/2Z6RFmM

    submitted by /u/ClanStrachan
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook wakes up from sleep shortly after closing the lid :/ I need help.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 12:51 PM PDT

    [Macbook Pro Retina late 2013 running Sierra 10.12.6]

    I've had this problem for a while.

    When I close the lid, my Macbook goes to sleep for about 3 seconds and then wakes up again, while lid being still closed (easy to monitor by playing an MP3 or a video). The time it takes to wake up again can vary, it's rarer but I had the Macbook waking up from sleep after a few minutes minutes, although 99% of the time it wakes up straight after closing the lid.

    It's intermittent, sometimes it stays asleep and sometimes it doesn't.
    Macbook seems to stay asleep if I don't close the lead fully!

    I never know when Macbook is properly asleep so I usually play an MP3 or a YouTube video just to be sure it's properly asleep before carrying it in a backpack or to make sure it doesn't over heat when closed.

    Things I've tried:

    • Checked energy settings.
    • Tried closing the lid with wifi disabled.
    • Quit Dropbox.
    • Quit Little Snitch.
    • Ran First Aid.
    • Tried logging from a guest user account, same.
    • Unchecked Remote Management.
    • Unchecked "Wake for Wi-Fi network access"
    • Unchecked "Allow Bluethooth devices to wake this computer"
    • I reset SMC.
    • I reset PRAM.

    None of that worked :/

    I'm a little helpless. Is there anything else I can try?

    Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/thepinkpill
    [link] [comments]

    I think something is stuck inside my USB port on my macbook pro as my USBs can get inside. But when i poke aroud with a SIM card needle nothing comes out.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 12:41 PM PDT

    I think something is stuck inside my USB port on my macbook pro as my USBs ca't get inside firmly. But when i poke aroud with a SIM card needle nothing comes out. Not sure what to do. It's so annoying my USB's cannot get completely inside. Data devices are slower too.

    submitted by /u/ivan_x3000
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes 12.8.0.150 skipping mp3's.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 10:36 AM PDT

    iTunes has always been faithful towards me through the years but the past month my mp3's are cutting off at the end. I've googled and it looks this is a common problem with iTunes.

    I'll import the same files in VLC and VOX and they play without a problem.

    Any work around here? Would love to continue using iTunes but if I don't figure this annoying problem out, jeez, I may have to use another media player.

    Oh and these same files play fine on my iPhone.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/theeterenalreturn
    [link] [comments]

    Water on macbook pro

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 02:19 PM PDT

    Macbook pro (2014?) will not power on. Noticed my bag was wet, so I removed the bottom cover. Only two areas had a small amount of visible water, which I have dabbed off with q tips. See image of circled parts where I could see water: http://imgur.com/a/8Y5SGK9

    Any advice to follow before trying to power on again??

    submitted by /u/mcringleberry87
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do with a 2009 MacBook? Want portability of laptop but comfort desktop (large monitor, etc).

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 05:33 PM PDT

    I have a MacBook 13-inch, 2009, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, 250 GB Solid State SATA Drive. It's been a tank, and while internet-slow it does everything I need it to, except… monitor is so small!

    I really only use Word, Excel and simple internet browsing. I write romance novels, and while I like the mobility of a laptop, when at home it's less comfortable (small screen, track pad instead of mouse, immobile keyboard) than a desktop.

    So how to I get a little mobility (I write sometimes outside my office, but mostly at the same desk), but otherwise desktop comfort? It seems options are (i) keep the old gal and buy a monitor, keyboard and mouse and see how many years I can get out of the MacBook, (ii) get a new laptop with separate monitor, keyboard and mouse, or (iii) simply get a desktop? And which ones???

    I'm comfortable with new or reconditioned and hope to spend $500-750. Is this doable? Am I insane? Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/Wishin_N_Workin
    [link] [comments]

    [IPhone 6+] Help! Given Refurbished Phone instead of New Phone from Apple Store

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 05:16 PM PDT

    Hi Reddit,

    Hope you're all doing well. Long time lurker here and thank you in advance for all your help.

    I have a question that I don't know how to remedy and was wondering if anyone on here might have similar experiences and point me where to go directionally.

    Sitatuion: My mom's IPhone 6+ was malfunctioning and the touchscreen will only work periodically.

    We went to our appointment at Apple Bar to see if we can get it fixed. The Apple Cx representative said it wasn't fixable and offered to sell us a new replace IPhone 6+ for 200 CAD (we're from Canada). We said okay and he gave us the phone. When we got it, we asked him twice to confirm that it was indeed a new phone and not refurbished. He confirmed it was a complete new phone. Now he only gave us the phone and not the box+ accessories (which should have triggered alarms).

    When we got home tonight, my sister said we should check whether it was refurbished or not. I believe she entered the product id and found out that it was refurbished. We're planning on going back tomorrow to the Apple store to get a refund, but the receipt said no return. What should we do??

    TLDR: Apple Cx misled us saying replacement phone is new, but it was really refurbished. What should I do (receipt said no refund).

    submitted by /u/AskReddit4Help123
    [link] [comments]

    After attempting to upgrade to HS on my 2011 MBP, the HDD isn't mounting.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 09:07 AM PDT

    Yesterday I tried to upgrade my late 2011 MBP to HS. The installation failed, and I can't seem to revert to Sierra.

    Here's whats been happening:

    When I just let it boot normally, it the installer gives the error "The installer resources could not be found." Checking the installer log doesn't seem to say anything about the install, just the loading of the UI to tell me it's failed.

    Disk utility, when running first aid, was at first throwing error code 8 from both recovery, internet recovery, and by plugging it into an external drive. Now it seems to exit cleanly.

    Attempting to mount the drive from another machine or disk utility gives the filevault prompt, but after inputting my password, it does nothing. Clicking mount again just flashes the filevault prompt briefly

    Doesn't show up in internet recovery, or if it does, the same thing happens with the Filevault prompt.

    When running fsck_hfs -frd from recovery, it returns error 6, fsmodified=0

    Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm kind of at a loss.

    submitted by /u/creative_reddit_user
    [link] [comments]

    Bizarre issues with video/audio playback in all browsers (10.13.6, brand new MacBook Pro)

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 04:18 PM PDT

    So I just bought a new MacBook Pro because my old one (from 2011) is old. I spend a large portion of time on my laptop watching YouTube videos (who doesn't) and Twitch streams, and have been doing so with my new one.

    Here's my problem: Playback is fine at first, but occasionally the audio will go silent, the loading indicator will come up and cover the video, but the video will actually continue playing in the background silently. If I try to click on another video or refresh the page the video will only play without audio. The only way for me to get audio back is to completely quit and relaunch the browser. Upon relaunching the browser though, if I try to go back to the same video it will break at the exact same time stamp *every single time.* If I skip to just past the time stamp it will play normally for a bit but most of the time only lasts for 2 or 3 minutes before it gets stuck again. If I relaunch and skip to the timestamp of the second freeze the issue will persist as well.

    This happens in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on this machine but *doesn't* happen on the Windows 10 virtual machine that I run in Parallels, or any of the 3 other computers I tested (my old Mac and 2 Windows computers).

    I'm super confused and haven't been able to find any traces of someone having similar issues. I don't want to go to the Apple store because it's a 2 hour drive and I'm afraid they'll just tell me "YouTube isn't our problem". Anyone have any ideas on what could be happening?

    submitted by /u/partheseas
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 duplicating videos

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 12:25 PM PDT

    iOS 11.4.1 - A screen recording has been duplicating itself 20-50 times a day for 10 days or so. Is there any solution to this?

    submitted by /u/AvGeek201
    [link] [comments]

    How do I know I'm watching HDR on iPad Pro?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 03:45 PM PDT

    My iPad Pro 10.5" supports HDR, so I thought I'd test it out by watching an HDR compatible film on iTunes.

    There's nothing on screen that indicates the HDR mode has turned on. The brightness remains unchanged, colours look average... Nothing looks at all different, there's not even a little dialogue that tells you if HDR is on.

    Another test I did was to open multitasking view while the HDR video was playing. The screen didn't change and every app in the view appeared as normal.

    Am I doing anything wrong?

    submitted by /u/ShadowAsh99
    [link] [comments]

    Reset Security Questions

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 03:31 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I created an Apple account ages ago and didn't even remember it existed, only recently became aware.

    I have access to the e-mail and know the password, but I've completely forgotten all the security question answers.

    I have read a number of posts and the recommendation is to call Apple or use the online reset tool.

    The reset tool declines noting that there isn't enough information to reset and I spoke to Apple about a week ago and was told on the phone nothing can be done to reset because they need an additional piece of information which isn't present on my account (the operator mentioned a credit card as being one option).

    I have just realised that I can infact login to this Apple ID on my device, setup iCloud, use the App Store, add a credit card and possibly make purchases without security questions.

    Basically my question is, if I add a credit card to my account and then call them up, can this now be used as that additional source of information that is used to identify me and reset the questions? If so, is there a delay before it comes up on their system or should I try right away?

    Also, I have read a number of other supposed solutions like setting up 2FA, nothing works for me, I'm always prompted with those questions.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Polpol100
    [link] [comments]

    Malware/virus scanners like bitdefender allow on demand full system scans. Are there any other free on-demand malware scanners?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 08:39 AM PDT

    For macbook. Tho if you know iphone suggestions, i'll hear them too!

    Additional questions:

    1. I heard years ago that macs generally don't need a realtime malware scanning software. Is that still true?

    2. Bitdefender virus scanner doesn't say malware scanner - that means it only scans for viruses right?

    submitted by /u/Zealousideal_Jicama
    [link] [comments]

    Installing MacOSX to SSD currently installed in windows 10 Machine?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 08:23 AM PDT

    So my macbook pro (early 2011 model) is broken and the harddrive is screwed. I have an SSD that only hold some files on my windows machine that I've now moved and reformatted.

    Is it possible to install a Mac Operating System from my windows machine onto the SSD and then unplug it and then plug it into the Macbook Pro and be good?

    That seems like the easiest option for me at the moment or else I will have to make a bootable flash drive (which I dont wan't to do)

    Edit: Or can I install Linux on the SSD using the same method and still unplug it from the windows machine and straight into the Mac to boot

    submitted by /u/YakIsSnak
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel