• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 4, 2018

    Apple Macbook Software developers: Which do you use and why? 13" or 15"

    Apple Macbook Software developers: Which do you use and why? 13" or 15"


    Software developers: Which do you use and why? 13" or 15"

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 05:34 PM PDT

    Genuinely interested in opinions and personal and/or professional reasons for your choice. I have waited years for a quad core 13" and now that it's here, the hex core w/ 32gb RAM options in the 15" make me think it's worth jumping up to that. I am primarily developing for Android, iOS and Windows/Mac x-platform C++ applications, and while I really prefer the 13" form I can live with the larger laptop even if when I am constantly travelling with it.

    edit: If you could also tell me in your professional opinion whether you think the bump from 4 to 6 cores and 16gb DDR3 to 32gb DDR RAM will actually benefit me with my intended use? I will go with the top spec on either model with a 2TB SSD. Thanks

    submitted by /u/flipsenator
    [link] [comments]

    2018 mbp wTB Base

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 04:30 PM PDT

    Will this get me by for 4k video while on vacation? I have an iMac quad core i7 32gb ram for regular use that will pick up the heavy duties. Thinking of replacing my late 15 retina macbook that would bogdown in iMovie. Now that the 13 may be powerful enough to do actual work while on the go. So the question is will it work at the base specs or do I need to upgrade to the i7 and 16gb?

    submitted by /u/1fapadaythrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    How do I disable iCloud Drive for desktop without losing all the files that are on the desktop?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 02:11 PM PDT

    If I disable desktop in iCloud Drive settings all my files disappear. What do I do to disable this feature and keep everything that's on there?

    submitted by /u/yallamc
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know what the hell is going on here?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 07:16 AM PDT

    Anyone know what the hell is going on here? Watch the linked vids below. When I blow hard towards the bottom of the screen/ventilation area the screen starts to jitter. I can only get this to happen when I'm using the Aerial screensaver, which uses the Apple TV screensavers on a Mac. It doesn't happen when I'm playing back video from any other type of video player or when video is not being played back. It also doesn't happen when any other screensaver is on. It's easily reproducible when the Aerial screensaver is on though. It's absolutely bizarre.

    For reference this is a 2017 15" MacBook Pro.

    https://streamable.com/vphgt

    https://streamable.com/ct6rz

    submitted by /u/payeco
    [link] [comments]

    How do I unlock my Mac’s boot volume?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 12:43 AM PDT

    Hey all, was trying to restore my Mac to factory settings to give to my sister. I tried changing the Admin account and it got switched to a standard account instead of Admin account. Tried to reset the Admin account and did the Ctrl+R at restart. Didn't work, so I did the Ctrl+S at restart, entered some reboot code and now, when I get to the last window, it says "enter the password used to unlock your Mac's boot volume," but not sure where to find? Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/lovettjustin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel