• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 8, 2018

    iPhone iPhone X Plus said to be iPhone 8 Plus size, iOS 12 to bring horizontal Face ID support, more

    iPhone iPhone X Plus said to be iPhone 8 Plus size, iOS 12 to bring horizontal Face ID support, more


    iPhone X Plus said to be iPhone 8 Plus size, iOS 12 to bring horizontal Face ID support, more

    Posted: 07 May 2018 05:22 PM PDT

    [DEV] The last thing the world needs is another platform to help you connect online, so we’ve spent the last 4 years creating one that helps you connect in the real world. This is UBMe!

    Posted: 07 May 2018 01:34 PM PDT

    Hello Reddit, my name is Val Arzunian, and I'm the founder of UBMe. We're a team of 5 millennials on a mission to make this happen. It's always exciting making a post (this is my third time) as I've gotten great feedback and criticism from the community in the past! We've made some big changes since our release, so PLEASE help us with some feedback if you could!!

    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ubme/id1200370709?mt=8

    Why we're doing this: About 4 years ago I started realizing how much happens locally that people aren't aware about. With advances in technology and the rise of social networks, we have access to far more information than we did 10 years ago, but our access to local information has yet to catch up with the trend. More and more is happening locally, yet gradually we're becoming less and less in touch with our surroundings. This hurts local businesses and the local economy, and leaves us feeling more isolated as a society. Nowadays it's hard to strike up a conversation with a stranger, or find a reason to step away from a screen and leave your home. Without a source of local information, we lose our connection to the here and now, and we become weaker as a society. So 4 years ago, I set upon a mission to get this connection back.

    What we're doing: UBMe is the pulse to your local community that makes everything around you come to life. The main feature, which has been live since last year, allows users to check-in to any location and start a live group chat. For example, students can use UBMe to check-in to whichever building they are at on campus and communicate with others in a live group chat. Once you leave the building, you are checked-out.

    Two more features we just added are the heat map and the city-wide chat. The heat map allows users to see where people are checked-in and chatting nearby, and also ask the people who are checked-in there a question about what's happening there. We also introduced a live group chat that is accessible by every user within the radius of the city, so that everyone in town can communicate at once.

    Our problem: All of these features (as far as we know) have never been done before, and are entirely new to the world. That being said, we don't have any examples to follow, we don't know what works and what doesn't. So we decided to turn to the smartest community we know ;) . Please feel free to hit us with any criticism, feedback, help with beta testing, whatever! We're really excited about our mission and what this could potentially do for local communities and society as the app takes off. If you need anything from me, let me know!

    submitted by /u/UBMeWorld
    [link] [comments]

    Came back to the dark side

    Posted: 08 May 2018 05:51 AM PDT

    Literally. Switched back from 2+ years with a gold Samsung Galaxy Edge 6+ to a black iPhone X yesterday. The Samsung fingerprint sensor was always a little crappy but the FaceID is game changing. My last iPhone was a 5S so I was worried how I would like the phone without a home button. Turns out I don't really miss it. Very happy user!

    submitted by /u/ioncloud9
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on getting the iPhone X now?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 04:30 AM PDT

    So I'm using a iPhone 5s right now and really want to upgrade but unsure if I should buy the one available now or wait for the reveal in June to compare the 2 then decide, what are your thoughts? Do I go out and get one now or to wait?

    Edit: My bad I thought the iPhone will showcase during WWDC because I'm waiting to look at the new MBP 15. sorry :/

    submitted by /u/Officialdenys
    [link] [comments]

    First iPhone!

    Posted: 08 May 2018 05:20 AM PDT

    I just got an iPhone 7 after years of small-brand android devices. I love it! IOS is amazing!

    submitted by /u/Rediverse
    [link] [comments]

    Connect to Strongest Wifi

    Posted: 08 May 2018 08:11 AM PDT

    I just recently set up various repeaters throughout the house, but they seem to be pointless if I am constantly having to manually connect to the strongest. Any way to get the iPhone to do this on its own?

    submitted by /u/mrmeplease
    [link] [comments]

    Verizon buy one get one

    Posted: 08 May 2018 06:25 AM PDT

    I have the galaxy s8 and hate it. I see the VZW has the buy one get one for the 8. Is I worth getting an iPhone 8+ or X, and an 8? I need to upgrade a line anyway so would take the 8+ or X.

    submitted by /u/tjcbsn
    [link] [comments]

    UK - iPhone Upgrade Programme or iPhone Payments

    Posted: 08 May 2018 05:48 AM PDT

    I've been having NDEs with my over 4 year old iPhone 6! So it's time to upgrade to iPhone 8 Plus - now there are two options in UK, iPhone Upgrade Programme and* iPhone Payment*s. Not sure which one is better, considering I've already got a 3rd party Mobile Phone Insurance (£100 excess if stolen or lost, £50 for damage or break downs).

    I don't upgrade phones too often but I've considering the resale value of iPhones, I might be tempted.

    submitted by /u/whoru07
    [link] [comments]

    Small scars/scratches on stainless steel iPhone X

    Posted: 08 May 2018 05:38 AM PDT

    Title says it all but is there a way to get rid of them? I barely even drop my phone at all but when I took out the case today I found so many scars that I'm not using it anymore. Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Sirenfal_
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X: Battery usage time same as stand-by time?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 01:20 AM PDT

    I have had this problem since a month and it's coming back each day now. I can fix it for a short time by doing a hard reset. However, half a day later it's back again... I already logged out from iCloud to see if it works. Does anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/TNTomato
    [link] [comments]

    We found an iPhone, need help translating notification

    Posted: 08 May 2018 02:24 AM PDT

    Surround Sound through Lightning Port?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 05:17 AM PDT

    So, let me just start by telling what I am trying to achieve.

    I want to play some 5.1 music to my home theatre system using an iPhone 6S. It is connected to the home theatre using a Lightning to 30 pin connector and then to the dock.

    The music is to be played using the default Music app.

    So? Will I need another app or can the default app handle 5.1? And.. will the 30 pin connector support 5.1 music?

    Thanks in advance! :)

    submitted by /u/Linkin_AJ
    [link] [comments]

    So my 8+ screen has split by my ear piece all the way down the phone for seemingly no reason.

    Posted: 08 May 2018 06:20 AM PDT

    Hey guys, somehow underneath a tempered glass protector and going from my pocket to my desk the screen has shattered. How likely is it that this is a manufacturing defect? The screen looks like it broke at the left side of the to speaker and spreads to all the way to the edges of the screen, Also how much will a replacement be with T-mobile's jump plus Apple Care?

    https://imgur.com/a/bRwf0KA

    submitted by /u/skibbz
    [link] [comments]

    Desperately needing a call recording app

    Posted: 08 May 2018 05:16 AM PDT

    Hey! I am looking for an iPhone app that records phone calls.

    *Must haves: Doesn't play a record tone or anything else that would tip off the other party that they are being recorded.

    No time limits on recording or playback.

    *Preferred but not necessary: Records calls automatically.

    Doesn't require manually dialing into a third party

    I know such a thing exists for Android but I can't seem to find one for iPhone.

    Also, the state that I live in is a single party consent to record state so the other party does not need to be aware that they are being recorded.

    And no, this isn't for some sketchy business, I am the receiving party to some very volatile/abusive phone conversations and have been legally advised to record these calls.

    I have tried Tape a Call and paid for premium and consistently have issues with it crashing and/or not completing calls.

    Edit to add that I do not have a second phone I can record on or any other apple device.

    submitted by /u/grasshopper3988
    [link] [comments]

    Really wanted to love the iPhone X life proof fré.

    Posted: 08 May 2018 07:20 AM PDT

    I've never had this issue with any other life proof. The screen protector on it is so damn grainy and looks "oily" almost that it's not even usable. I really wanted to be ok with it. I'll be returning it. Does anyone have any good recommendations of reliable waterproof cases? Was excited because i found it for $60 new but I guess that's why.

    submitted by /u/TongueBandit69
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5S- Keep on 8.3 or update to latest iOS?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 10:14 PM PDT

    I have an old iPhone 5S that I have as a second phone, mostly to put other SIM cards in. Now, I was wondering if I should keep it on the current software or update it to the latest. Anyone experienced this and wants to warn me/encourage me?

    submitted by /u/windspeed21
    [link] [comments]

    Lightning to Headphone + Charging Adaptors?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 09:53 AM PDT

    Does anyone have any suggestions on lighting adapators that convert to lighting+headphone jack?

    I've had problems in the past where they stop working after minimal use, get the "accessory not supported" error message, or have a lot of static noise while listening to music. I feel like I can't trust amazon reviews for these adaptors, so want some real recommendations from people. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hakuna_maatta
    [link] [comments]

    Ever since going to 11.3.1 calendar usage is at 35-40% battery usage

    Posted: 08 May 2018 03:29 AM PDT

    So on my wife's iPhone 8 Plus and mine once we went to 11.3.1 battery is horrible. The phone will drop from 80% to 20 or so in a matter of an hour just sitting there. I've already wiped the phone and reset it. What I'm seeing is

    Calendar usage is at 35% and says low signal under it. Any idea why calendar is using 35% and showing low signal under it?

    And messages is at 19% 31 minutes on screen 4.1 hours background.

    Our phones now won't last more than 2 maybe 3 hours on standby if we just leave them be.

    submitted by /u/samrozzi
    [link] [comments]

    "Calls on Other Devices" roaming costs

    Posted: 08 May 2018 05:40 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    Random question but I prefer making sure.

    Assuming I bring 2 iPhones on a trip, with the "Calls on Other Devices" enables (for instance to use a car's bluetooth system that's connected to the better phone of the two).

    It automatically goes through the original phone's plan and there won't be any bad surprises right?

    It's really a fascinating option that I've never really had a chance to use, im just a bit worried about added costs.

    In other words, got a "worse" iphone with a local sim, and a better phone with my original roaming sim (not for use, just in case). If i get calls on the local sim but pick them up through the better phone with the roaming sim, i should still be good paying as if i were using the local sim right?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Shakshuka
    [link] [comments]

    How do I complete disable voicemail

    Posted: 08 May 2018 09:16 AM PDT

    I don't want voicemails. I don't want visual voicemail.

    I want a message that says text or email me and then hangs up. How do I do this? Verizon told me it is in Apples court.

    submitted by /u/akatsukix
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Making iPod only App work on a non-Jailbroken iPhone

    Posted: 08 May 2018 05:29 AM PDT

    https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/patient-controller-eu/id973338477?mt=8

    The App works only on an iPod Touch. You can install it on an iPhone, but i will show the error you even can see on the iTunes Page.

    Any ideas? It would be a huge help for me having only 1 Device on me.

    submitted by /u/pmmeyouradress
    [link] [comments]

    Linking SharePoint to default Calendar app

    Posted: 08 May 2018 08:50 AM PDT

    Title says it all but has anyone had success with this and/or know how to do it?

    submitted by /u/SpideyRules9974
    [link] [comments]

    GP 4G LTE

    Posted: 08 May 2018 08:36 AM PDT

    So I live in Bangladesh and I recently got a 4g SIM from Grameenphone for my Iphone 8 and well the network comes and shows up as '4G' whereas I thought it should come up as 'LTE' as per most of the iPhone screenshots I see. And also I thought LTE is a type of 4g and wasn't really sure if its actually the same thing. Anyone shed some light on this? TYI

    submitted by /u/slntwhspr08
    [link] [comments]

    Cleaning out speakers on iPhone?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 02:59 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone X and I was wondering if anyone ran into issues with lint in the speakers, and if there was a safe way to remove it. I don't really want to stick a toothpick to scoop it out, if possible.

    submitted by /u/M0rpheusRoad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel