• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 3, 2018

    iPhone iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone 6s?

    iPhone iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone 6s?


    iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone 6s?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 05:06 AM PDT

    I'am currently using a iPhone 6. Today, I was given the choice to either upgrade to a IPhone 6 Plus or to a IPhone 6s non-Plus. Which would be the better choice?

    submitted by /u/Elcrest_Alto
    [link] [comments]

    Question about OIS on iPhone 7.

    Posted: 03 May 2018 06:42 AM PDT

    Since I've had my iPhone 7, twice I've tried putting it on a tripod and filming a gig I was playing. Both times the footage was extremely shaky. I realized this was probably due to the optical image stabilization, and after some research I find that I'm not the only one having this problem.

    The word on the streets is that there's no built-in mechanism to turn off the OIS, but some people claim to be using a magnet to "lock the camera into place".

    I don't want to get a magnet near my phone, though. Is there maybe someone who has found a different solution to prevent shaky video?

    submitted by /u/this_guy___
    [link] [comments]

    My phone keeps freezing, could someone help?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 07:14 AM PDT

    I thought it was because of jailbreaking, but I just reset my phone completely and it's still freezing up. During the setup process, I'll tap my phone and it won't do anything. I have to turn my phone off an on, it's annoying. What do I do now?

    submitted by /u/SwipingNoSwiper
    [link] [comments]

    Apple will be shipping new power bricks and Lightning cables with USB-C to support faster charging right out of the box.

    Posted: 02 May 2018 11:45 AM PDT

    Just bought the iPhone X, no idea what I'm doing. Help?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 09:21 AM PDT

    Hey guys, Android user for like 10 years here. Picked up an iPhone X on Tuesday and gave my brother my LG V30. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing but I like it more already. The reliability of the facial recognition unlock blows my mind.

    Are there any tips or tricks I should know as far as how iPhones work, any apps that you think are really important to have, etc?

    submitted by /u/MapleSyrupJedi
    [link] [comments]

    @ and . Symbols are missing like the emoji bug - iOS 11.3

    Posted: 03 May 2018 10:01 AM PDT

    updated iPhone 8 to ios 11.3.1 last night, my phone hasn't worked since.

    Posted: 03 May 2018 09:25 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 8.

    I'm not sure I can explain this in detail, but in short, I updated to ios 11.3.1 last night. After the phone restarted and after clicking on an app the screen would go black and shut off. After restarting the phone several times, I tried restoring and updating. I kept getting messages about the phone no longer being plugged into my computer. After getting those messages a few times on two different computers (mac and windows) I finally got to the stage that allowed me to get through a restore to factory settings. I tried to restore from my last back up. After over two hours of restoration, there was a warning that my phone wasn't connected to the computer again. Now my phone has been cycling through the black screen to a white screen with the apple logo and a load bar that sometimes fills up, but sometimes cuts short(either way it happens in a second) then goes back to the black screen. Actually, while I typed this it stopped cycling and is now just black. I held the power button for 30+ seconds and nothing happened. I did the volume up, volume down and hold power forced restart, the white apple logo screen came on for like 5 seconds then went straight to black.

    These are the instructions I tried to follow to fix my phone:

    https://appletoolbox.com/2015/10/iphone-black-screen-bug-after-ios-9-update-fix/

    Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have a solution?

    submitted by /u/SaffronBelly
    [link] [comments]

    VPN on the X

    Posted: 02 May 2018 05:38 PM PDT

    Apple should really consider a system wide color for vpn connections like they do for phone calls , mic use , or car play. I hate having to swipe down to see if I disconnect which does happen often.

    submitted by /u/johnnyboi1994
    [link] [comments]

    Black spots in my iPhone camera

    Posted: 03 May 2018 06:13 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/Y6J2hcI There are black spots all in my camera. The back glass on my 7+ Camera was broken and now this is how it takes pictures. Is there anyway to fix his? Can I clean it/what should I clean it with?

    submitted by /u/jw_00
    [link] [comments]

    X vs 8+ Comparison Advice

    Posted: 03 May 2018 06:03 AM PDT

    So, I'm getting a new iphone in 3 weeks, I know a post like this is put on here daily but I'm stuck!

    I'm currently deciding between the X and the 8+, I currently have a 7 and would mainly like a larger screen which makes me lean towards the 8+, however the OLED and bezel-less display is something I love the look of. I know people say the X screen is bigger but it's only larger diagonally, and I'm talking width wise too. I'd prefer touch i.d over face i.d... I think, but I've heard face i.d does get better over time. I just think the X despite having an awesome display and a new design entirely, still may feel like the same size as my 7.

    So, on this post I'm going to go through features and see which phone comes out top from my understanding of the phones. I'd like people who are my knowledgable than me to correct my information/specs if they're wrong and offer personal opinions.

    Screen quality - iPhone X

    Screen size - iPhone 8+

    Battery - iPhone 8+ (I heard they have the same battery? but the 8+ wins?)

    Camera - Iphone X (But not a huge difference?)

    Speakers - Draw (Both phones hold the same speakers?)

    Those are the main ones for me, but would like to hear from you guys!

    Is the X, as a 'generation one iPhone', worth the extra cost for predominantly the OLED and the redesign?

    Or is the 8+ a better choice in terms of overall screen size despite the older design?

    The size is potentially something I could reconsider but I think I would notice the biggest difference If I got the 8+ in terms of my needs.

    The new iPhones in September don't form part of my decision!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MrDarjeeling
    [link] [comments]

    Video ads (commercials)

    Posted: 03 May 2018 10:09 AM PDT

    As we all know android supports split screen, iOS does not.

    The biggest appeal for this to me is its application when streaming on the phone where I'm forced to watch commercials. I accept them and am ok with the delay in program viewing to support them, but sometimes, frankly, I don't want to pay attention to them. I would much rather read an article or play a quick game. I would love to be able to pop out of the video app while the commercial runs and come back to resume programming, but unfortunately the commercials only countdown when in the app itself. This defeats the general construct of how commercials typically operate. When I'm watching on tv, I can do whatever I want simultaneously or even change the channel.

    Is there perhaps something I'm unaware of and that there is a way to block the ads or allow them to play while effectively multitasking?

    submitted by /u/ijm8710
    [link] [comments]

    Do you always buy the latest model or just settle for an older one? I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth it to save half the price of an Iphone 8 to get an Iphone 7 which will still be supported more than three years.

    Posted: 03 May 2018 10:03 AM PDT

    I just fear that updates might slow down the system over time. I had an Iphone 4 for 4 and a half years and after it was updated to iOS 7 it became garbage. How are older iPhones going?

    submitted by /u/5215632047
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone or iPad?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 10:02 AM PDT

    Hey guys, don't know if this is the right place to post, but here it goes. I bought an iPhone SE back in October and now I feel like it's too small. It's good while traveling , but when I'm at home in bed, just feels small. I don't want to use my pc anymore, because my work requires me to use one 8 hours a day, and sometimes I get home and just want to watch a video or browse Reddit. Is it better to buy the new IPad or an iPhone 7? It's 370€ vs 600€. My SE it's still super fast and I don't have any cons beside the size in some situation. I just don't know if the iPad it's worth the money or If it's just better to buy a bigger phone.

    Thanks in advance, and sorry for the messy text

    submitted by /u/StaringSnake
    [link] [comments]

    used iPhone 7 128gb or used iPhone 8 64gb?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 09:58 AM PDT

    im on iPhone 6 16gb, and besides not having enough memory im also getting frustrated on lags and less responsiveness and fast battery drains. im thinking of upgrading to used iphone 7 or 8 depending on the money i can save for it. im hoping iphone 7 128GB will be at almost same price as iphone 8 64GB. is it???

    considering i need 10/10 phone and unlocked, im willing to wait alittle bit more to save up as i buy phones to use for 2-3 yrs.

    given my circumstances what you guys would advice me? go for iphone7 128gb or iphone8 64gb?

    • things really intrigue me in iphone8 is newer model, wireless charging, faster proceessor better camera(but i dont think it would be that big of a difference in speed and camera compared to iphone7)

    • things really intrigue me in iphone 7 is cheaper, more memory for same price, jet black color, and speed and camera not that different from iphone8

    so guys please help me with this dilemma.

    submitted by /u/texh89
    [link] [comments]

    Voice Memo Help!

    Posted: 03 May 2018 09:49 AM PDT

    Is there any easy way to extract all my voice memos and either transfer them to my PC or to my new phone (Google Pixel 2)? I have 200+ song ideas I don't want to lose, and I'm really hoping there's an easier way than individually emailing them all to myself through the 'share' function. I know you can sync them to iTunes, but I've heard that can be finicky.

    submitted by /u/Mrpotatotrooper
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone remember this app?

    Posted: 02 May 2018 06:45 PM PDT

    I'm trying to find an old game I used to play. It was kind of like, risk, except minimalist. It was hex based and had colorful graphics. Randomly generated maps, anyone happen to know the name of it?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/catholicengineering
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get an iPhone X now or wait till the fall?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 09:41 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6s, just had the battery replaced. For a while before the replacement, the performance was atrocious. Now, it's performing just as it should.

    Wanting to upgrade but debating when I should.

    When I do sell my 6s (128gb, space gray, great condition) how much am I able to get for it? $400?

    submitted by /u/tommyhreddit
    [link] [comments]

    Spot of my screen on my iPhone 7 Plus is brighter than the rest

    Posted: 03 May 2018 08:43 AM PDT

    I have a spot on my screen that's brighter than the rest of my screen. It isn't terrible but very annoying. Does Apple care cover this? Would Apple replace my screen?

    submitted by /u/TheWasabiSlayer
    [link] [comments]

    Best waterproof case for iPhone X?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 08:30 AM PDT

    Family trip to Canada in a few weeks, and I wanted to grab a waterproof phone for taking pictures during the Niagra Falls tour. I've been looking at Lifeproof and Otterbox, but I'm a little leery of paying $80 for a case. Are these truly waterproof?

    Side note, why are the Lifeproof cases for the X so damn ugly?

    submitted by /u/QuantumDrej
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X doesn't ding twice when fast charging?

    Posted: 02 May 2018 08:24 PM PDT

    I bought an Anker 30W USB-PD charger and Apple USB-C to Lightning cable. I heard that the iPhone X should ding twice when fast charging but it's not. I know it's fast charging because it charges fast and heats up a lot.

    submitted by /u/Mathcmput
    [link] [comments]

    Skin + Case

    Posted: 03 May 2018 07:57 AM PDT

    I read that if you add a skin, the phone becomes too thick for the case, is that true? The skin i want to buy is from colorware and the case i'm using is from pitaka. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Hi_im_Pai
    [link] [comments]

    Switching ti iPhone for the first time. Coming from a "life-long" usage of HTC phones - is there any equivalence to HTC's Blinkfeed?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 07:25 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I just ordered a red iPhone 8 plus. I'm pretty sure I've made a good choice, but I have so many questions...

    But instead of cramming all of my questions here, I thought I'll google my way to knowledge. But there's one thing I can't really find an answwer to, and that is if there is a way of having a newsfeed homescreen. I've used HTC's Blinkfeed daily for several years, and it's one of my top favourite things with my current phone. I'd love to have something similar to it on the iPhone.

    Is this possible?

    FYI: http://www.knowyourmobile.com/htc/htc-one/19561/htc-one-what-blink-feed

    submitted by /u/DoubleYouAre
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel