• Breaking News

    Friday, May 4, 2018

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [May 03]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread [May 03]


    Daily Tech Support Thread [May 03]

    Posted: 03 May 2018 08:13 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway bought stunning 75 million Apple shares in first quarter

    Posted: 03 May 2018 08:42 PM PDT

    AirPods are TOUGH

    Posted: 03 May 2018 08:02 AM PDT

    Last July I was mowing and dropped my AirPod case outdoors and I could not find it. I live in the Midwest so we had extreme temps on both ends of the scale, snow, ice, rain... yesterday I was cutting the grass and spotted it. Not only were they undamaged, THEY STILL HAD A CHARGE! I popped them in and it was like they'd never been lost.

    submitted by /u/OPs_Moms_Fuck_Toy
    [link] [comments]

    Boycotting artists on Apple Music

    Posted: 03 May 2018 03:06 PM PDT

    I absolutely despise Chris Brown. Under no circumstance do I want to support him in any way. Occasionally on Apple radio, a song of his will play. Is there a way to black list him from my Apple Music account?

    submitted by /u/tThrowMeAway666
    [link] [comments]

    Pocket Casts Podcast App acquired by NPR, WYNC, This American Life, and other radio stations.

    Posted: 03 May 2018 10:37 AM PDT

    iOS 11.4 will introduce Siri + AirPlay commands.

    Posted: 03 May 2018 01:31 AM PDT

    New with 11.4 beta you can add the AirPlay location to your Siri command. Eg:

    • "Hey Siri, play this on the AppleTV"
    • "Hey Siri, play podcasts on the HomePod"
    • "Hey Siri, play music in the living room too"

    Video in action

    submitted by /u/jamesvdm
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X sells 16 million units in Q1 2018, making it the best selling phone for the quarter

    Posted: 04 May 2018 01:39 AM PDT

    iPad still the top selling tablet despite shrinking market

    Posted: 03 May 2018 08:51 AM PDT

    Apple TV tip: when seeing how much time is left in your video, tap the trackpad (not click), and you’ll see clock times for what time it is now and what time the video will be over.

    Posted: 03 May 2018 04:02 PM PDT

    Apple Files Patents for TrueDepth Camera Enhancements and a Touch Bar Feature for Low-Vision users

    Posted: 03 May 2018 07:38 AM PDT

    Apple's tax break yields $102 billion boon for shareholders

    Posted: 03 May 2018 10:05 AM PDT

    iPhone X optimized web browser with adress bar at the bottom?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 03:27 PM PDT

    I'm not the biggest fan of the reachability gesture on my iPhone X compared to the TouchID double-tap on my old 6S.

    As for myself the display now is too big for one handed use and reachability still doesn't "feel" right, expecially while browsing. I don't want to use the assistive touch button as a workaround.

    Are there any web browsers for iOS, preferably iPhone X optimized, with an adress bar at the bottom similar to Habit Browser or Chrome (with experimental Chrome Home settings enabled) on Android?

    The closest thing I can find is iCab Mobile. The app still has the adress bar at the top, but you can put a corresponding button in the bottom bar.

    Any suggestions or is this simply not possible on iOS due to some guidelines/restrictions?

    submitted by /u/maximum_flavor
    [link] [comments]

    TSMC Details Technology Roadmap With Multiple Offerings to Benefit Future Apple Devices

    Posted: 03 May 2018 01:45 PM PDT

    Man Credits Apple Watch For Saving His Life

    Posted: 03 May 2018 07:19 AM PDT

    Reminiscing about the Early Mac's Interface

    Posted: 03 May 2018 10:13 PM PDT

    An iPad for Canvas?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 12:05 PM PDT

    So at my school we yss Canvas to do our Homework. is an iPad good for this? would I be able to save word documents, work on them and submit them?

    submitted by /u/2drunk2cum
    [link] [comments]

    How have the beats x held up after a year

    Posted: 03 May 2018 11:34 PM PDT

    Need a new pair of wireless headphones. Debating getting the beats x but I'm worried on the durability. Any other great alternatives besides the AirPods? I previously had the Jaybird X3s, they were great headphones but sadly the battery died so I had to return them :/

    submitted by /u/Dab3st3st
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any rumors of Apple redesigning the desktop client for Apple Music / iTunes

    Posted: 03 May 2018 08:48 AM PDT

    I'm jumping over from Spotify for a couple months to see what's different and having a nice desktop client is important for me so I can listen at work.

    Currently iTunes.....kind of sucks.

    Any news of Apple potentially doing a redesign / optimization?

    submitted by /u/DankestHokie
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods tips and tricks?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 04:38 PM PDT

    I just purchased them today I previously was using wired urbeats , I was thinking the quality of the beats ear canal sound would be 10 times better than the AirPods , but WOW, I'm impressed with these AirPods , my question to you guys is there any tips and tricks to them to enhance the experience ? On my MacBook Pro I use Boom 3d and the quality is fantastic but how about tips for my iPhone plus?

    submitted by /u/nogoalov11
    [link] [comments]

    Is Back to my Mac safe?

    Posted: 04 May 2018 02:25 AM PDT

    Have there ever been any security concerns surrounding Back to my Mac?

    submitted by /u/MrOaiki
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 7 plus or iphone 8

    Posted: 04 May 2018 02:11 AM PDT

    Hello, Should I buy iPhone 7 plus or iPhone 8(without plus)? Which is worth buying?

    submitted by /u/mac50000
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Do not Disturb always enabled on my Macbook Pro when i turn it on?

    Posted: 04 May 2018 02:09 AM PDT

    I've tried to google this problem but i have not been able to fix this issue. Does anybody have any idea?

    submitted by /u/inevitableloudmouth
    [link] [comments]

    The 2017 Panic Report

    Posted: 03 May 2018 10:20 AM PDT

    The Longevity of magic 2 devices AND Magic keyboard 3 any time soon?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 02:40 PM PDT

    Debating to get a magic keyboard 2. 1) how long will these devices last with their rechargeable battery cycles? Any folks experiences would be also helpful. 2) when I felt the new MacBook Pro keyboards, i enjoyed that one a lot more. I'm wondering if anyone knows the prospect of magic keyboard 3 any time soon?

    submitted by /u/iphone8vsiphonex
    [link] [comments]

    Condensation in both camera sof iPhone X?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 07:50 PM PDT

    My phone was exposed to a bit of water earlier (I splashed some on it next to the sink), and it is also a very humid day out. But now I'm noticing that there is humidity in both cameras of my iPhone, and I'm a bit worried. I'm going to put it in rice overnight but I'm not sure what else I should do. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Knaj910
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel