• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 4, 2018

    iPhone TIL that you can 3D Touch a folder to get a shortcut to an app with a notification

    iPhone TIL that you can 3D Touch a folder to get a shortcut to an app with a notification


    TIL that you can 3D Touch a folder to get a shortcut to an app with a notification

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 08:55 AM PST

    Something very pleasing about keeping apple product boxes

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 10:43 PM PST

    TIL you can even use 3D Touch shortcuts in spotlight search. Neat!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:15 AM PST

    Weblock for iOS is up for grabs absolutely free for a limited time ($1.99 regular price).

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 09:24 AM PST

    I would kill for an iPhone X with iPhone 4 style sides and chamfers

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 01:14 AM PST

    I never owned one, but I still think the iPhone 4/4s/5/5s design is still about the slickest phone Apple has ever made. I would love to see that design transfered over to a larger, iPhone X style phone. I love my X right now but those rounded edges are just so dang slippery, even in a case.

    submitted by /u/LandonVanBus
    [link] [comments]

    I'm doing a slight redesign of iOS and posting my process as I go on Twitter!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 08:52 AM PST

    The Taptic Engine is so underrated.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 09:32 AM PST

    Personally one of my most favorite things on my iPhone 7. When it's done right, it's extremely satisfying (for example, the fireworks on iMessage.)

    submitted by /u/Remic75
    [link] [comments]

    Scrolling down in cellular settings reduces the fluidity of the screen from 60 FPS to 10 FPS. And it’s very noticeable. This bug has been around since 11.2 . Just me or do you guys have it too?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 07:13 PM PST

    Anyway to save data from a disabled iphone?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 09:10 AM PST

    I have been locked out of my iphone, I have not backed up anything on icloud. Is there any possible way I can get my data back? It seems unfair that it wont give me the option, since I know the correct password and I have touch ID enabled.

    submitted by /u/thosca
    [link] [comments]

    Text box in group chat disappeared

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 08:26 AM PST

    For about a week the text box in my group chat will disappear randomly. I can reply on my MacBook though. Only way to get the text box back is to remove myself from the group chat on my Mac then being added back in by someone in the chat. I'll be able to text the group for about a hour but then the text box disappears again. Anyone have a solution?

    submitted by /u/Celticfan93
    [link] [comments]

    Green lines and multiples die pixels iPhone X

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 08:23 AM PST

    Please help, I woke up this morning and when looking at the phone I had several green horizontal lines, a few hours went by and the problem got much worse, more than 20 green lines on the top of the screen and in the left corner several thicker black lines, too a corner started with a stain and every time that the stain passes is darker, the phone has no punches or marks, what do I do? Warranty? Today in the morning it was barely noticeable, every time I look at it it is worse

    Minutes later https://ibb.co/hioQtS

    Hours later https://ibb.co/fXTdf7

    UPDATE https://ibb.co/b6BLtS

    UPDATE 2 https://ibb.co/jpDxQ7

    UPDATE 3 Now the blue is becoming all black 😥

    😭

    submitted by /u/potencia2001
    [link] [comments]

    Some help for a former Android user

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 01:50 AM PST

    Hi,

    I've recently switched to an iPhone but I'm having some problems with a few behaviours that are different to what I'm used to with Android.

    My main annoyance is YouTube links not opening in the YouTube app. The reason I want to do this is I'll often want to cast the video to the TV (via Chromecast). Is there a way to make all YouTube links open in the YouTube app?

    My second problem is that the keyboard keeps changing and I'm not sure what triggers it. I prefer Gboard but it keeps switching back to the stock iOS keyboard. Is there a way to keep Gboard?

    Finally, this is not something I think can be resolved but I've come across some weird UI glitches in certain apps. For example, in the Twitter app the UI element at the top often appear overlapped in the top left corner on the screen. I've noticed this in a few apps. I've also had more app crashes than I was used to with Android. Is this normal for iOS11 and is Apple working on making iOS in general less glitchy?

    I'd also like to say that overall my iPhone experience has been positive and thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/lfcrd
    [link] [comments]

    How can I find out which carrier an iPhone is locked to?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 08:04 AM PST

    Already tried iphoneimei.info (paid service and got no reply, going to open a dispute on PayPal) and already tried Apple support through chat. They said they can only see that it is indeed lock, but not the carrier. Anyone else knows a reliable website? Don't mind spending a couple of bucks. Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/RomanceAndCigarettes
    [link] [comments]

    iphone x: A few questions

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 05:15 AM PST

    I have a old iphone 5s and I finally think it's time for an upgrade. I've got 3 questions about the iphone x.

    1. What's the battery life like?

    2. Does the notch on the top of the screen get in the way when watching videos?

    3. Since I'm buying it unlocked and using the same cell servace can I take out the sim card that's in my 5s and put it in the x?

    submitted by /u/bfrager1278
    [link] [comments]

    Apple music playlist reordering problem.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 07:26 AM PST

    Im have this problem in apple music playlists. It seems i cant reorder the songs in the playlist.

    Everytime I click done after reordering the songs it reverts back (not saving the new order i made).

    Is this a bug or am i just doing something wrong.

    I have iphone 5s with iOS 11.2.6.

    submitted by /u/Relaxati0n
    [link] [comments]

    Will I be able to setup my new iPhone at 5th avenue store?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 09:37 AM PST

    Hey guys, I will buy an Iphone X during my trip to new york, the staff will help me setup and start use my new phone? I will carry with me my Portugal sim card!

    submitted by /u/JCastro96
    [link] [comments]

    Do I get the iPhone SE now?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 09:33 AM PST

    Im using a redmi note 3, it's pretty good and snappy but the hardware sometimes malfunctions and I'm using helper apps to make do with everyday tasks. I've been using android since the beginning so a change would be good to. Also, I have a low budget that fits the iPhone SE and I like the small form factor. Do I get this or do you guys have other suggestions?

    submitted by /u/nadsaeae
    [link] [comments]

    Can I make a moving wallpaper?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 09:32 AM PST

    I saw this post in r/woahdude and thought it would make an epic wallpaper, but I wasn't sure if I could create a moving wallpaper.

    submitted by /u/npd3888
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE “searching” “no service”

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 09:16 AM PST

    Last night I was panting just dance with my iPhone as a controller. Then I noticed it said no service , I turned it off for the whole night to see if it would change but it just says "searching" now . I looked up what I could do to fix the issue and it told me to take out the SIM card then insert it again. I did that but it hasn't changed anything. I've also turned it off and rebooted it . What else can I do ?

    submitted by /u/sweetchocoflann
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for opinions

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 02:49 AM PST

    I'm currently using an iPhone 6 but I'm looking to upgrade. What would be the most logical upgrade? I can get 2% off the price and £300 off of that on top.

    Those of you with iPhone X are there any real benefits the iPhone X has over the 8+ other than a slightly larger screen and Face ID?

    I'm very tempted currently by the 8+ but I'm not sure a) what I'd be gaining by going 8+ rather than 8, and b) what I'd be losing by going 8+ rather than X

    submitted by /u/walrus04
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a bad idea to wireless charge your phone over night?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:22 AM PST

    How important will band 71 be and how long will the 8+ remain fast and stable?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 08:20 AM PST

    Many people say IOS 11 is a mess, but it's my first iPhone so I don't notice any of the issues. I have zero complaints to be honest. I owned 6 Android phones last year, so it feels great to have my 8+. I also got an X for my wife, since the 8+ was too big and the 8 has too small of a screen.

    I was hoping to get 2-3 years from both phones on T-Mobile, but I'm wondering how important band 71 and 4x4 mimo will be, and how well 3gb of ram will run the phone in a year or 2. Older iPhones like the 6 got by on 1gb of ram because the technology like AR and face Id didn't exist yet. I feel like Apple should have added 4gb to at least the X, as well as an extra 500mah to the battery. I guess we will see.

    submitted by /u/tonybarnaby
    [link] [comments]

    What's the average lifespan of iPhones?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 12:00 AM PST

    Especially iPhones 6 and above? I read a report saying it's 4 years! I gave my mum 5s. And she returned it to me after I gave her 6s plus. Everything is still working except the battery max capacity is at 70%.

    submitted by /u/Quistis_Trepe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel