• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 1, 2018

    Apple TV Live TV Guide

    Apple TV Live TV Guide


    Live TV Guide

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 11:48 AM PST

    With a majority of the individual channel apps including a live feed (after authentication), I wonder if Apple will roll out support for some sort of consolidated "guide" to show what's currently airing in each.

    I, personally, haven't used a traditional guide to watch tv in a while but I could certainly see the benefit and appeal of something like this versus having to open each individual app. If Apple were to do this, it would be a natural fit with the TV App, thus making it the true hub it should've been all along; featuring and linking to live feeds and on demand content.

    EDIT: for reference, Amazon recently announced that they'll bring a guide to the Fire TV platform, granted it's only for HBO, Showtime, Starz and Cinemax.

    submitted by /u/08830
    [link] [comments]

    Is the DirecttvNow Apple TV deal available at an ATT store?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 02:33 AM PST

    Do they have Apple TV stock on hand?

    submitted by /u/woodyww
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV ‘s randomly turning on

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 05:40 AM PST

    I have 2 Apple TV's and lately I have been getting home from work and the TV will have turned itself on. Is anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/opiatesmile
    [link] [comments]

    Are we provided with a tracking number for the Apple TV for the DirectTv Now deal?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 10:00 AM PST

    Apple TV/LG TV issue

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 02:06 PM PST

    Hopefully someone can help me out with this issue. I have 2 Apple TVs. One is 2nd or 3rd gen. One is 4th gen. I had the older one plugged into our living room LG tv. Turned it on the other day and got a random static screen over top of the home screen. I could see the icons flicker through the static. Thought my HDMI cable was done for so I switched it out, but the problem persisted. I tried using different HDMI ports on the TV, same thing. If I restart the Apple TV the Apple logo shows up perfectly fine. The home screen loads and is covered in static. Thought it was the Apple TV so I got the new one and plugged it in, same problem! So now I'm thinking it's the tv, nope. Wii and blu Ray player work just fine plugged into the same HDMI ports with the same HDMI cords. Plugged both Apple TVs into the bedroom tv and they work just fine. Has anyone else had an issue similar to this?? I am at my wits end trying to figure out what's wrong.

    submitted by /u/adbravenclaw
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else have some chop issues when streaming from iMac but none when streaming from iPhone?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 08:52 PM PST

    It's subtle but noticeable: when I stream sports from my phone (iPhone 8) to my Apple TV, it is absolutely perfect. However, when I stream from my brand new iMac 27", it's choppy.

    Both are on the same network, same bandwidth, both streaming from the exact same source (usually an NBA stream), the iMac is not running any other programs other than Chrome/Safari (video source)...

    I've even reduced the display properties when mirrored to 720p when using the iMac. The television is a brand new LG OLED 65".

    Any other ideas?

    submitted by /u/perimaric
    [link] [comments]

    Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid 4K?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 11:49 AM PST

    Hi,

    Run into this one on ATV, it's from 1969, and they write it's 4K 🤔😜

    Is there somebody that can explain how this works (4K)? I see more older movies (like Apollo 13) that are now in 4K, very curious where they get it from.

    The preview seems nothing even close to 4K.

    submitted by /u/hartvile
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV reset?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 11:30 AM PST

    So odd story...

    I noticed one day that the remote app in iOS control center one day just stopped working for me. It just kept saying "make sure your device and Apple TV are connected to the same Wifi connection" but they were in fact connected to the same WiFi.

    I decided to factory reset my iOS devices thinking it was my phone/iPad. I thought this because at the same time, my iCloud notes weren't syncing up with my Mac and iCloud website.

    After resetting, my notes now sync but the remote apps and control center remote have the issue "must be connected to the same WiFi."

    After some tinkering around, I noticed the name of my Apple TV changed from xxxx's Apple TV to just plain Apple TV.

    Did something happen here? Is this why my remote app won't work anymore?

    All the apps and services I've installed on the Apple TV still work but the name is reset? Has anyone else experienced this?

    OS: 11.3

    submitted by /u/nintenden64
    [link] [comments]

    Blades of Chaos ?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 07:41 AM PST

    How come yesterday I downloaded this game, by simply asking Siri to "Show new games", and it was there, looks promising Mortal Combat with mythology type, but today that game is nowhere to be found on TV AppStore, regular AppStore, or the whole internet!

    What's going on with this?

    blades of chaos?

    Ps. It's not the one connected to God of War franchise.

    submitted by /u/babaroga73
    [link] [comments]

    Screen going black when watching Netflix

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 09:19 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I have an Apple TV 4K and last night while watching Netflix it started flickering black periodically. I would force close the app and reopen and start the episode and it would play fine. Once the next episode started it would proceed to start the going black again. My Apple TV is connected through my Sony Str-dh770. I don't have the 4K feature on for Netflix as of now so it was just standard hd.

    I tried other apps and it didn't happen with directvnow or paramount network or amazon prime. Any thoughts on what it could be?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/babybau
    [link] [comments]

    App Keyboard Capability

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 06:04 AM PST

    I just switched from a roku Ultra and I'm really enjoying the Apple 4K, however there is one thing I miss: the roku app keyboard. The app gave you the option to switch to a keyboard on your phone while using it as a remote and I was wondering if Apple had something similar (I can't find one).

    Also I felt the roku search function was great and could locate content across all apps, does Siri do this as well.

    Overall very satisfied with the switch!

    submitted by /u/Currentpenguin
    [link] [comments]

    App to watch xxx on apple tv?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 10:43 AM PST

    Do you know any app for apple tv that allows watching xxx?

    submitted by /u/n33wB
    [link] [comments]

    Free AppleTV 4K when you sign up for Directv NOW streaming service and prepay 3 months (min $105) US only

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 08:50 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel