• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 4, 2018

    Apple Help So I am reinstalling macOS Sierra on my MacBook air 2011 I think and it has been stalled at "about 6 minutes remaining" for over an hour

    Apple Help So I am reinstalling macOS Sierra on my MacBook air 2011 I think and it has been stalled at "about 6 minutes remaining" for over an hour


    So I am reinstalling macOS Sierra on my MacBook air 2011 I think and it has been stalled at "about 6 minutes remaining" for over an hour

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 07:55 PM PST

    I have been trying to reinstall macOS Sierra for 3 days now and everything I install it, it just says about 6 minutes remaining for hours on end and I have no idea what to do any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/michaelsiegl7
    [link] [comments]

    I cracked my IPhone X :(

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:53 PM PST

    A few months back I purchased an iPhone X with Apple care applied to it from a local selling app. I am unclear on how I should go about this. Do I just walk in? Will I get a one time free replacement as I've read from articles online?

    submitted by /u/starwarsdinosaurs
    [link] [comments]

    I’m at a loss...

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 09:44 PM PST

    I'll try to make this as concise as possible. I had an iPhone 6. Upgraded to an iPhone 8. I ran out of room in the iCloud so I called apple to see what could be done. He helped me set up a back up on iTunes instead of using the cloud. I had to upgrade my Mac's iOS so we disconnected the call so I could do so. When it finished I plugged the 8 in to my Mac and it said it couldn't back up to my iPhone. I restarted my Mac and now it keeps popping up with a message that says "macOS could not be installed on your computer. The path/System/installation/packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again." That's the only option I'm given and every time I restart it I get the same message. Meanwhile my 8 is stuck on the "connect to iTunes" screen. What, if any options do I have to fix this?

    submitted by /u/YosefTheBarbarian
    [link] [comments]

    When do photos on my iPhone upload to my photo library? It doesn't seem consistent.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 08:58 PM PST

    I thought my phone had to be plugged in and connected to wi-fi, but photos I took since plugging my phone in haven't uploaded yet. Does it just take time?

    submitted by /u/Tuckered__Out
    [link] [comments]

    2009 Mac Pro Tower - Won't power on. LED turns on for 3 seconds and then shuts off.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 04:47 PM PST

    My 2009 Mac Pro Tower has been inconsistently powering on for the last few months. It'll power on for about 3 seconds and then shut off. If you try this 100 times or so, you might get lucky and the machine will boot. It's been getting worse in recently and now has stopped working altogether. Even after around 500 attempts, nothing. I've tried ordering a replacement power supply off of ebay and installed it but the same issue persisted (might have been a bad replacement power supply)?

    Every once in a while the fans will spin up real loud when attempting to power up and the LED will remain on but the machine never boots.

    Curious where I should go from here.

    submitted by /u/ringmann
    [link] [comments]

    Highlighter in Preview.app – Change keyboard shortcut?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 08:17 PM PST

    Is it possible to change the keyboard shortcut for highlighting in Preview? The default is awkward.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/iSunMonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Text Message Forwarding - Switching Between iMessage and SMS

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 07:47 PM PST

    just turned on text message forwarding between my 2015 mbp and iphone x on 11.2.6 and when texting from the mac in a group chat of 1 iphone user and 1 android user, the texts switched from regular sms text messages to imessage briefly and then back to regular sms text. what happened and how do i prevent this in the future?

    submitted by /u/AndreasRex
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally cracked my trackpad. Where should I get a replacement? Should I buy OEM? More info in comments.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 04:00 PM PST

    More info: Early 2013 15" Macbook Pro. https://i.redd.it/zou7qrwd3uj01.jpg

    I'm wondering how risky it is to buy non-OEM parts and where to find a reliable seller.

    submitted by /u/eott42
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods mic quality bad on Mac while mic is active

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 01:44 PM PST

    Hi! I've noticed that on my Mac, my AirPods switch from ACC encoding to SCO encoding when the mic is active. It makes the audio quality terrible. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

    P.S. I still want to use my mic from my AirPods, so switching the input device won't work for me.

    submitted by /u/Steven_the_barbarian
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with iPad

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 07:40 PM PST

    Hi. So yesterday my iPad decided to go into a damn coma when I was not using it.

    I pressed the power button and nothing happened, so I then pressed BOTH home button and power button in a attempt to restart it ( I did this before and it worked ), and still nothing happend... So I decided to look up other ways to turn it on.

    One way was to press the home button down for awhile, I did that and it STILL didn't work.

    I then saw that if you "burped" your iPad by putting it on its face and lightly tapping its back it may cause it to work again ( video example ) so I did this and it still doesn't work.

    If you have any idea what is wrong please tell me

    If it helps it was at 40% charge when it went into a coma and it's screen was also recently replaced.

    submitted by /u/Timmytriangles
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud and Apple ID Problems

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 07:06 PM PST

    I changed my iCloud password this morning and noticed that when I go to my iCloud preferences, it shows an old email that I used to use for my Apple ID instead of my new one. I can't seem to find a way to update it without logging out and losing a ton of stuff on my laptop, and now my iCloud isn't synced because it wants me to login to an account that doesn't exist anymore. How do I change it to the correct Apple ID without losing things stored on my Mac? I run on OS X El Capitan.

    submitted by /u/adamjocon
    [link] [comments]

    Spotify music randomly pauses for no reason (iPhone 8)

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 12:40 PM PST

    Why does this keep happening? I'll be listening on my headphones and it just stops and I have to unpause it every so often. This sometimes happens right when I get a snapchat notification. I've also noticed that this happens with YouTube videos randomly pausing as well

    submitted by /u/KingJodeg
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone no longer preserving state when swapping between open apps?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 04:55 PM PST

    I purchased an iPhone X back in December and have been very happy with it so far. However, sometime over the past couple of weeks many apps on my iPhone seem to always need to "reload" when switching between apps. I was used to this on my old iPhone 6, but had not experienced it all on my X until recently. For example, switching between Reddit and Twitter used to remember where I was in each of those apps, but now I am greeted with the Reddit alien or the Twitter bird "clean app reload" treatment when swapping between applications. In some cases it is just inconvenient, other times it's a jarring experience.

    Was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing or if it's just me. I've restored from a backup and it still happens.

    submitted by /u/coinblock
    [link] [comments]

    2016 MacBook Pro Liquid Keyboard damage

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 04:25 PM PST

    I've just made a horrible mistake and spilt my Starbucks drink on my 2016 15" MacBook Pro. Did everything one is supposed to. The computer and component seem to be working great but the keyboard is quite messed up. I'm going to take it into the Apple Store tomorrow but I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea as to if the keyboard itself could be replaced, at what cost, and if Apple will even want touch it given it is liquid damage. Completely kicking myself right now. Any advice/information would be appreciated to help me clear my mind... thanks!

    submitted by /u/yyc777
    [link] [comments]

    Slideshow on 2 monitors (Landscape + Portrait)

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 10:26 AM PST

    Looking for some suggestions, short of making 2 video files and simply playing them on each screen.

    I would like to set up a Mac Mini at craft/trade shows to display my photography and video work. I'd like to use 2 monitors, one in landscape and one portrait orientation and play a slideshow on each. Because I will need to update the image files constantly, I'd prefer not to have to re-render a video file each time. I'd like to just set up 2 separate files with both the orientations segregated from each other, and force playback on the individual screens. Randomization is optional.

    All I am doing right now is throwing all the images in a folder and using a screensaver preset to play the files on a single screen.

    Mac Mini (2012) running OS X 10.9

    submitted by /u/monkeysthrowingfeces
    [link] [comments]

    How does file transfer work on iOS?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:38 AM PST

    Hi, i'm looking into the ipad pro as an illustration & general media device. My last Apple device was an iPhone 3, so i'm not really familiar with how anything on here works now, especially with the lack of an open file system like on android/windows.

    There are a few files types that I'll need moved over somehow(through ext HDD/USB to ipad). I know where to find the convertors, but not really sure on the software side. (I've worked with a Macbook before and had no problems with these)

    The file formats are: jpg/png (pictures), mkv/mp4 (videos), mp4a/mp3/flac/aiff (audio), html/txt/pdf/pptx/docx (text-based media),and zips(not that important).

    Which formats won't be readable on iOS? Also, how will I be able to view these files when plugged in with an external device, in a complete directory somewhere or only on individual apps? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/zanhonh
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Photo Library not working

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 11:21 AM PST

    I own a 13 inch MacBook Pro retina (2013). I have 50gb of photos and a very reliable WiFi connection. A few years ago I turn on iCloud Photo Library and my photos uploaded and everything went ok. After months of using it I turned it off.

    A few weeks ago I decided to try again but photos aren't uploading. I checked activity monitor and there's no data related to Photos being uploaded. I have plenty of iCloud storage (200gb). I tried multiple times with the same results.

    Since I was getting a little frustrated (apple just works my ass). I called support but nothing they told me worked. After that, photos started processing my library and days after every photo was marked as "not uploaded".

    I don't want to call again because I told them that there's no uploading activity but they just said to wait till my library was processed (which I knew wasn't working). Is worth mentioning that this happens on my iPhone 7 Plus too. I have no idea what's going on, between iOS 11 bugs and this I'm getting very frustrated at apple.

    There's anything I can do? Has someone dealt with something similar and fixed it? If you need more info please let me know, I really want to use this feature.

    submitted by /u/drinksoma
    [link] [comments]

    Uploading GoPro videos to iPhone to iCloud

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 01:42 PM PST

    The short question is, should I upload videos from my Photos directly into a folder in my iCloud Drive, and then delete them from my phone to save space, or should I just trust that enabling iCloud Photo Library with Optimize iPhone Storage will do the same thing automatically?

    Here's the context:

    In three days I'm going on a trip to Japan. For that trip I bought my first GoPro that takes video with some pretty hefty file sizes. It has a 128GB micro SD card but I'm expecting to fill it up at some point. So I got an SD card to lighting cable adapter, and the plan is to transfer videos onto my iPhone X each night and upload them to iCloud, then delete them from the sd card and maybe my phone (since I have about 200GB of storage free). I have the 2TB iCloud plan and I'll have a pocket WiFi in Japan with unlimited data.

    So I've been testing this out, manually uploading the videos I take to iCloud (it takes a while). But the question is, are my efforts being duplicated by the iCloud Photo Library feature? Especially if I enable Optimize iPhone Storage, is there any need for me to manually save the videos and delete them from my phone?

    At the end of the day I'll be downloading them back down to my MacBook for editing. I won't be taking it with me though.

    submitted by /u/TheStoffer
    [link] [comments]

    How do I type in the password of another apple account to have access to the songs I purchases there using my iphone?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 01:36 PM PST

    I just bought a new phone because my previous one was stolen. I restored my new phone with a backup from my previous phone but not everything could copy onto my new phone. This is because I purchased a handful of songs on my brother's itunes once and my phone asks for the password to that account in order for them to be downloaded. I didn't know my brother's password so I just kept clicking close on the messages that popped up my phone asking for the password. Now I know the password, but I don't know where to go to enter the password for that apple ID because I'm not getting the random popups anymore.

    submitted by /u/BrockJensen
    [link] [comments]

    Question about MacBook Air batteries

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 09:13 AM PST

    Hey, I have a MacBook Air 2017 with approximately 50 charge cycles. I like to play certain games on my MacBook like Old School RuneScape which isn't a very power consuming game. I heard that leaving your MacBook plugged in while using it doesn't use your internal battery whatsoever so I was wondering if it is safe to leave it plugged in while I game and even if it is better to do so. I would like to be able to keep this laptop for the next few years at the least.

    submitted by /u/codyw15
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to transfer an app from my iPad 2 (9.3.5) to my iPhone 6s plus (11.2.6) via Macbook. The app is Marvel vs. Capcom 2

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 12:50 PM PST

    The App Store no longer has this app, is there a way to extract it from my iPad 2 to the Mac and then the iPhone? I tried iMazing but it doesn't seem to work. I'm not even sure if this app is compatible but I thought it's worth a try.

    submitted by /u/tr3ebag
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] Apps won't open ... they keep bouncing in the dock before going non-responsive

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 12:32 PM PST

    Dear people of /r/applehelp, I'm coming to you as a last resort. I've been an MacOSX User for over 13 years and would consider myself to be a very advanced user ... but I can't figure this one out:

    My mothers MacbookPro 15" (mid2010) is experiencing problems, where it doesn't open certain apps (most notably Skype, Photos and iMovie). The app icon keeps bouncing in the dock, no window opens and after a while the app shows up as "Not responding" and I have to force-quit them. However, other applications such as Safari for instance open just fine.

    Of course, I've tried the classic turning-it-off-and-on-again routine without success. Funnily enough, however, SOMETIMES this works. The apps launch just as they're meant to. But once I reboot, they'Re getting stuck again. I booted into SAFE MODE and there Skype and Photos launch just fine (iMovie isn't supported in SAFE MODE). I ended up updating from Mavericks to Sierra ... but this didn't solve the issue. All of the apps in question are up to date and the StartupItems folder is empty (this has been suggested as a cause in serveral forums).

    I hope someone here can help me.

    submitted by /u/Gavin_152
    [link] [comments]

    High Sierra killed my Mac's Hard Drive?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 11:53 AM PST

    My Mac (Late 2013 Model, 1TB) was running on regular Sierra beforehand, it started freezing every minute or so, I thought best to upgrade. I didn't backup due to my negligence. So no backups to work with.

     

    The installation failed, the text read exactly as followed,

     

    macOS could not be installed on your computer

    The operation couldn't be completed. Undefined error: 0

    Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

     

    Try again I did, however it repeatedly returned to that message.

    I booted to Recovery Mode, and opened Disk Utility and ran First Aid.

     

    First Aid Process has failed.

    The volume Macintosh HD could not be verified completely.

    File system check exit code is 8.

    Operation failed...

     

    Great. Alright, time to go to Single-User mode and run /sbin/fsck -fy

     

    The volume Macintosh HD appears to be OK.

     

    ???

     

    I then try to restore the data onto an external hard drive, same size, but I get error 256.

     

    I am at my wit's end. All I wanted to do was upgrade, but instead I'm suffering. I don't want to format my hard drive, there are so many important things, family photos, playlist of over 2000+ songs, and important notes!! I need help!

    submitted by /u/AllaprimaDelights
    [link] [comments]

    Sierra Disk Utility cannot erase FireWire Target iBook HDD

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 11:37 AM PST

    So I started my old iBook in Target Mode via FireWire cable which is plugged into my Sierra IMac. I can see both the parent and child drives under External drives in Disk Utility but I cannot seem to erase either. My intention is to perform a secure erase of my iBook hard drive to get rid of it.

    The error window says: "Erase process has failed. Click Done to Continue"

    When I click the Show Details button, it reads as follows: "Unmounting Disk Erasing Couldn't open device Operation failed"

    I rebooted my iBook in safe mode and repaired/verified HDD permissions, etc, but I still get the same message when back in Target mode.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Transposer
    [link] [comments]

    Pictures moved from "Photos" to a folder now have mixed up file names...

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 11:28 AM PST

    Here is this issue in a nutshell...I have used photos fro everything for a few years. When I started using it, I took all the pictures I had in folders, even funny pictures and wallpapers and stuff I'd saved from the internet, and dumped them all in there.

    Recently, I decided I wanted to use photos ONLY for photos. Not for pictures and memes and stuff I'd saved online. I took all my "internet pictures" and dragged them from photos into a folder I made on my hard drive.

    I didn't notice this until yesterday when I wanted to find a wallpaper I'd saved and searched spotlight for "wallpaper," but it seems that the file names I'd given some of these pictures are now mismatched. For example, there is a funny picture of a cat with the file name "Breaking Bad" wallpaper (that's just an example I made up).

    Anyway, what the hell happened. Now I'm paranoid I'm missing pictures, and there are so many that I'll never know.

    submitted by /u/lionsagechisel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel