• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 1, 2018

    Apple Help MBP not showing login screen after closing the lid, and opening it again after moment. Desktop is displayed however I cannot interact with anything.

    Apple Help MBP not showing login screen after closing the lid, and opening it again after moment. Desktop is displayed however I cannot interact with anything.


    MBP not showing login screen after closing the lid, and opening it again after moment. Desktop is displayed however I cannot interact with anything.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 06:11 PM PST

    I have to close the lid, wait 5-10 seconds, open it again... then I am prompted to enter my password, after which, everything is working normally.

    It's not extremely short times that I close the lid an reopen, to an unresponsive desktop, though I haven't timed it.

    Edit:

    So, I can click around within Chrome (the app I had last opened), however I cannot minimize the app (its in full screen), nor can I use the finger swipes to move to other apps, or see all my desktops.

    It's like the OS has locked me out, however I can still interact with Chrome a bit (switching tabs).

    Seems to be triggered after, ~1-2 minutes of lid being closed.... This happens quite a bit at school.

    I'll keep screwing around with it... see what I can figure out.

    submitted by /u/nightauthor
    [link] [comments]

    "Setting Up Your Mac" appears on every restart

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 07:00 PM PST

    Hi all, recently whenever I reboot my '14 MBP running macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102), after I log in the "Setting Up Your Mac..." screen appears every single time. It'd take a sec to disappear and load the desktop. Other than this everything is working fine. I can't figure out why this is happening, and I haven't made any software/hardware changes, other than the routine macOS updates.

    Any advice/help appreciated. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/reigningyu
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone 8, can't hear phone calls in the car anymore

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 05:07 PM PST

    Hi guys, so I finally bit the bullet and upgraded from my trusty and unfortunately near death 6s to a new 8. All of my settings were transferred over, so I should have no problems adapting to the new phone, at least in theory.

    I love the new phone (lack of headphone jack aside, and that can be easily remedied via a charger/aux splitter), but tonight I noticed a really annoying new problem that I didn't have before: With my 6s, I was able to hear calls over my car speakers (non-Bluetooth) whenever I had the phone plugged in to the auxiliary wire. It allowed for hands free calling with minimal problems.

    Now, with the new phone, all of my calls are automatically routed into the phone's earpiece and/or speaker, completely ignoring the fact that the car speakers ("headphones") are connected via the aforementioned splitter (which routes all other sound from the phone into the car speakers no problem).

    I've tried messing with the Accessibility settings, and have had no luck. Now I'm turning to you guys, because I have no clue on what to do now to fix it (beyond buying a Bluetooth system for my fairly old car, which isn't an option at present due to my no money).

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/chrisdurand
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to upgrade my Macbook Airs (early 2015) storage on the cheap, but can't decide between the different SD Card options (Speed Class, UHS Speed Class and Video Speed Class symbols).

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 02:05 PM PST

    As the title states, I am looking to upgrade the storage in my Macbook Air by using a SD/Micro SD card. I have already looked into the other option of replacing the internal hardrive but it seems too expensive for me at this time.

    Basically what I am struggling with when choosing the best SD/Micro SD Card options are:

    1. I for sure am going to go with a UHS Class Speed U3.
    2. Will I notice a difference if I get a Speed Class C10, from what i've read, this is mainly useful for camcorders, video recorders and other devices with video recording capabilities (I can't seem to find any microsd cards with the C10 mark, also some cards don't have it at all).
    3. Will getting a card with a Video Speed Class (V symbol) help with performance on a mac or is it just used for high res recording/cameras. I was able to find some decent priced V30 models.
    4. Brand recommendations? I have been looking at Samsung or SanDisk Models. I obviously want to get the best performance (closest to SSD) as I can get without spending so much.

    Thanks for the help guys!

    submitted by /u/peepii
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any Windows 10 features that don't work with Boot camp?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 04:16 PM PST

    I've been using Macbook Pro's for several years, and now I have to switch to PC for gaming reasons. However, the screen quality is #1 priority for me, and I have yet to find a PC that can get close Macbook Pro in that regard.

    So maybe I should just buy a Macbook Pro and run Boot Camp (and always just boot Windows 10)? Would that make any sense? And the biggest question: Will Windows 10 run EXACTLY like it would on a PC, or are there any risk of stuff not working? Drivers, applications, longer response times, etc etc.

    I understand that it might affect battery life, that's no issue for me though.

    submitted by /u/danielwerner86
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 flashlight won't stay on

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 07:39 PM PST

    The flashlight on my iPhone 6 turns itself off after a few seconds, but the flashlight icon is still highlighted as if it's activated. It does this at any brightness setting. The camera flash isn't working right either. It's running iOS 11.2.6 currently but it started with the previous version. I updated it to see if that would fix the issue but no such luck.

    submitted by /u/tjmakesthings
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Messages on High Sierra (10.13.3) running out of control - Memory over 50 GB

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 01:37 PM PST

    Upgraded to 10.13.3. Last night I left my mid 2014 rMBP on all night - found messages went out of control and had pushed the paging file for over 50GB.

    16 GB Ram on the system, 1 TB SSD.

    Messages today (while on skype) did it again. Currently, the WindowServer process is over 78 GB.

    Any idea of steps to take? Rebooting now, Activity monitor open all the time.

    submitted by /u/greenysmac
    [link] [comments]

    I'm transferring from Garageband to Logic. Some of my GB projects open in Logic, and some don't — and I can't figure out why. Help!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 05:27 PM PST

    I'm in the middle of recording my band's album. I recorded all the tracks in garageband and did some editing before realizing the limitations of the program (no crossfading between edits, no buss, no phase-flipping tracks, etc).

    I was told that my GB projects would just open right up in Logic, and so far, only one of them has, but I have 13 songs to work on! I'm new to audio engineering in general, so setbacks like this suck. Google doesn't seem to be much help — but maybe I'm not googling the right things. All it says is, "This operation could not be completed" and "there is no more information."

    Logic 10.3.0 — Garageband 10.2.0 — 2012 Mac Mini running OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

    submitted by /u/the_joy_of_VI
    [link] [comments]

    Can I recycle my iPad instore if I am locked out of my Apple ID?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 05:20 PM PST

    Hello!

    I have spent hours searching online for answers to this but I haven't found anything. I hope someone here can help!

    I have an iPad mini that works perfectly except for the huge issue that is - I have been locked out of my Apple account for close to 2 years. I have no access to the recovery email nor do I remember my security answers. That means no updates and I cannot download any new apps. Will I be able to recycle this in-store? My worry is that they will think it is stolen. If I were to show photo ID that matches my account name etc would this be sufficient? It seems such a waste to just have it lay dormant considering that it is great condition aside from this one major issue.

    Tl;Dr long-term locked out of my Apple ID, can I still recycle my iPad in store? Works fine aside from not being able to update/access the apple store.

    submitted by /u/ghoulfriend246
    [link] [comments]

    Can the iPhone SE handle 2.1 amp charge?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 05:16 PM PST

    Someone gave me a Xiaomi powerbank. However the output charge is at 2.1 amp and AFAIK, iPhones have only up to 1 amp charging current. Can someone clarify if the iPhone could handle more than 1 amp charge?

    submitted by /u/BathalangEmre
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck white pixel that moves around the screen and appears in screenshots

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 05:07 PM PST

    This is a really weird issue that I can't find an answer to.

    There's a white pixel on my screen. At first I thought it was a stuck pixel and I was disappointed, but I'd live with it. But today I noticed that it moves around with the screen. It even appears on screenshots.

    This is a video I took of it: https://streamable.com/gt6yy It appears right above the "Incognito" logo, then it moves as I shift the page. It doesn't only happen on Chrome, though.

    What could this be and how could I fix it?

    submitted by /u/InMyBrokenChair
    [link] [comments]

    Delete iPhone photos in bulk?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 04:46 PM PST

    Hi, I'm trying to find a way to delete my iPhone photos in bulk, but not delete them off iCloud. Are there any apps that will delete them fast, and if so, are my iPhone photos linked to iCloud? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Jahanerooni
    [link] [comments]

    I can't boot from new hard drive when it's installed in my Macbook Pro.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 04:05 PM PST

    I used Carbon Copy Cloner to make a copy of a drive on it's way out. I can boot from and use the new drive normally when it's connected externally, but when it's installed in my Macbook, it refuses to find it and shows the blinking folder with question mark on startup. Also I can't open Disk Utility or any of the key command boot modes when it's internally installed. When I ran the drive through Disk Utility while it was externally mounted, it said the partition was fine but when I tried to diagnose the actual drive it said "Alert: Unrecognized file system." Any help would be appreciated!

    MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

    submitted by /u/furbyguy
    [link] [comments]

    Optimized storage on the Mac? (iTunes / Apple Music question)

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 07:18 AM PST

    Is there a way to have iTunes manage / optimize the storage it uses for media / music the way Music.app does on iOS devices? I'd love to specify a size (say, 25 gigs) that it could take up and have it automatically download and delete local copies of music as necessary.

    If iTunes doesn't support this natively (and I haven't seen that it does), does anyone think that putting my media folder in iCloud Drive, and using the optimize storage function (which I already do) would accomplish this? Or am I likely to just see the size of my iCloud Drive balloon without any automatic deletion ...

    FWIW, the machine I'm thinking of is a 2017 MBP on 10.13.3 with iTunes 12.7.3 (both pretty much up to date software).

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/snark_nerd
    [link] [comments]

    Cmd key in Chrome Remote Desktop (from Windows)

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 03:21 PM PST

    I use my Windows PC at work to log into my iMac in Chrome Remote Desktop. I used to use the Windows key for the Command key. Since we upgraded to Windows 10, I no longer have a Cmd key. I have Control, Fn, Windows, and Alt on my Windows keyboard. Anyone else experience this? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/LeonettaP
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone not getting group texts

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 07:33 AM PST

    I've had this problem for awhile and decided to post here since I've seemed to try everything on the internet. My iPhone doesn't seem to be getting group texts nor am I able to send group texts (if I try to send one I get a red exclamation with a send failed error) I recently realized this is still happening as I got an Apple Watch 3 the other day and I'm getting group texts on that but not my iPhone.

    Things I've tried- 1. Turn off and on MMS/group setting 2. Reset network settings to factory 3. Turn off and on iMessage 4. I've had an iPhone 7+, iPhone X and now use an iPhone 8 (it's happened on all phones) 5. I've recently switched to Verizon from Sprint and ported my number, it's happened with both Sprint and Verizon so I'm assuming it's not a carrier/software issue.

    I've noticed this problem with group texts that involved only iPhone users or both iPhone and android numbers.

    Any help would be appreciated

    Edit: I did not switch phone companies due to this issue. Verizon has better coverage in my area :)

    submitted by /u/kyrola
    [link] [comments]

    What do I need to repair my Apple Watch?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 02:37 PM PST

    The screen shattered on my Apple Watch Sport 42mm. I'd like to avoid paying Apple $200 for a repair/replacement if possible, and finding a third-party business that repairs them locally is proving difficult. Is it realistic for a layman (like me) to repair it myself, and if so, what kits what I need? Or do I just need to bite the bullet and pay up with Apple?

    Photos: https://imgur.com/a/9rekd

    For reference, everything seems to display on the screen, even under the big cracks. The touchscreen functionality, however, seems to be struggling big time. Some things will work if I press them but it takes a lot of work.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Goldblum4ever69
    [link] [comments]

    Photos Library file smaller that total photo size

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 02:34 PM PST

    So the file called "Photos Library" is a lot smaller than the total size of my photos (10Gb as opposed to 40Gb); when I back it up on ICloud, it's 40Gb as well. Why is the "Photos Library" file so much smaller, is it missing something?

    submitted by /u/jec52
    [link] [comments]

    Will music saved on an external hard drive copy over to my iTunes if I do a factory reset?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 10:28 AM PST

    I've had pretty significant issues with my MacBook for the last year or so (mid 2012 version), for at least a year now I have not been able to restart it which means I have been unable to do any updates. It's gotten so bad now that I can't even get my App store to work. I have an external hard drive that I am working on moving all of my important documents to (not terribly many, pictures, some files, etc.). One of my main concerns is my iTunes library, majority of my music has been downloaded online (not bought from iTunes), I have all of those individual files that I can transfer to my external hard drive but I'm wondering if I will have issues transferring them back over once I do a factory reset. Has anyone encountered this?

    submitted by /u/Buttertits13
    [link] [comments]

    My Iphone X's screen won't respond

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 09:42 AM PST

    I've never had any problems with it so far, but this morning my Iphone X stopped responding to my touch. I've force restarted it many times, but nothing is working. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/dylantial
    [link] [comments]

    Can i use iMessage on the iPhone 6 without a SIM card?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 01:12 PM PST

    just have it use my email instead? like on the macbook. I'm asking because I'm stuck on "waiting for activation" for a while now and I have reset network settings, restarted the phone, but nothing seems to work.

    submitted by /u/mojo_jo_jo
    [link] [comments]

    imessage disappears

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 01:08 PM PST

    I had a message typed up and all of the sudden there was a glitch and my screen went black. When I tried opening up my phone again the typed up imessage was gone. Did it send?

    There also was an instance today where I had a message typed up and then a phone call came through and the message disappeared. Did it send or did I just lose the message?

    submitted by /u/riverphoenix23
    [link] [comments]

    Running 4k monitor on High Sierra. Is there anyway to make the fonts larger system wide?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 08:41 AM PST

    Company got my a great new 4k monitor. Love the extra space, but it's incredibly difficult to read any text. On my PC, I can set the fonts to all be 200%, keeping the 4k space, but making the text larger, but I can't find anything like that on Mac.

    Anything I do find online says to lower the screen resolution, which defeats the purpose of a 4k monitor.

    So, is there anyway? How are others using 4k monitors?

    submitted by /u/HoldEmToTheirWord
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 5s help!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 12:21 PM PST

    Having problems with my iPhone 5s. I am having a problem where I am not receiving any texts or iMessages. It is also running at an incredibly low speed and apps are constantly crashing. What can I do to possibly fix my phone? I swear every time my contract is about to end my phone mysteriously stops working...

    submitted by /u/Agent_Love
    [link] [comments]

    How to not let Apple Care go to waste?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2018 11:52 AM PST

    I have a MBP that I want to sell so I can get the newer version. However I realized I still have Apple Care on this MBP, and paid almost $400 for it.

    Any way I can not have this Apple Care go to waste? My MBP has been kind of slow recently and freezing and I tried to get the Apple Store to replace it, but they just kept suggesting software things like updating the OS, or factory resets that didn't work. Don't even really know why I bought Apple Care lol. Is there any way I can transfer Apple Care to the purchase of my new laptop or something similar to that?

    submitted by /u/ayeandone
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel