• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 7, 2018

    Apple Help MacBook Pro saving .js, html and other files.

    Apple Help MacBook Pro saving .js, html and other files.


    MacBook Pro saving .js, html and other files.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 07:18 PM PST

    My wife's 2011 MacBook Pro has been running slow. It has had Lion 10.7 on it but I updated it to Sierra 10.12.6 today to see if that would fix how slow it has been running.

    The memory is showing 370.31 GB available out of 498.88 GB. I first want to preface this that we know basically nothing about computers other than browsing the internet.

    I noticed her computer is saving random pictures and files from the internet in .jpg, .js, .png, .svg, .gif, html. These are all showing up in her "All My Files" finder window. The files in the formats range from random pics of strangers, scripts and files labeled as ads.

    She only uses her MacBook Pro to do online school work so nothing too fancy. Just to scroll down a website can take a few seconds. My computer is the same model and nowhere near as slow as hers.

    How can I stop these from automatically being saved to her computer?

    Could this be what's slowing her computer down?

    Thank you for any help!

    submitted by /u/napoleonpp
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 13" 2015 - came back to life for 1 day after spilling water on it 1 year ago.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 05:03 PM PST

    My MacBook Pro 13" 2015 died from a very minor water spill less than one year after purchasing it and it would not power on. The repair cost was as much as a new MacBook so I skipped it. Since then, I have attempted to plug it in a boot up several times. Yesterday, one year after, I decided to plug it in and it booted up! Everything was working perfectly - Geekbench score was good, volume, mic, LED keyboard, as if nothing had happened. I did a complete shutdown and reboot 1 time with success and put it to sleep with the display up several times without issue.

    However, today I closed the lid and it would not wake up after. Now it will not boot up. I reset SMC, I unplugged the battery and plugged in the AC adapter, I shorted the power pads to try to boot it up. Nothing is working now and I would greatly appreciate some suggestions.

    submitted by /u/kiesuM
    [link] [comments]

    IT LIVES!!!

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 05:03 PM PST

    Not a request for help or advice.

    I've made multiple posts over the last few months about my water damaged MacBook and a faulty logic board. After 8 months, I finally got another replacement logic board and it's working again!

    To anyone who gave me advice, thank you so much! It was a rough road, but it's finally done.

    Now to replace the long home Link cable in my old iPhone 6.

    submitted by /u/alx924
    [link] [comments]

    Fell down while skating with macbook in backpack

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 08:31 PM PST

    I just took a fall while skating and my laptop was in my backpack. It was in a padded case and was in the laptop pocket flat on my back, I also had a water bottle on the side I fell on so I'm pretty sure it never made contact with the ground. My question is what are the chances i damaged my laptop, I don't see any visible external damage and it seems to work fine but it was on when I fell, can it be damaged just from getting shook in my backpack? I just got the HDD replaced not too long ago, I'd hate for anything to happen to my laptop.

    submitted by /u/Ricelyfe
    [link] [comments]

    I can see "Place subject within stage light" all the damn time. My iPhone 8 sucks or I don't know how to use it

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 10:26 PM PST

    I'm trying to get Portrait photo of some objects but all I see is message "Place subject within stage light". Circle is white and not yellow, so my photos don't have filter applied. Does this feature works only on humans or what? I was able get yellow circle only once while shooting around like crazy (took photo of my backpack on the ground lol). I have no idea how to take Portrait pictures with Stage Light. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/doles
    [link] [comments]

    System is taking 98 GB of storage! Help!

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 10:19 PM PST

    I have been having many problems with my early 2016 MacBook Pro 13'' for quite sometime. For a while I have had the pesky "Disk Space full" or "You are running low on storage" notifications. I have been ignoring them and have just been using my laptop for purely online activity. I got fed up and want to be able to have storage again and I realized that 98 of my 121GB of storage is being used by "System". If anyone knows how to solve this please let me know, all advice is welcomed. I'm currently running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and have 365MB of 121GB of storage left.

    submitted by /u/jyboca
    [link] [comments]

    Hopefully simple(ish) iTunes question...

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 04:03 PM PST

    iTunes version 12.7.0.166 on Windows10

    Awhile back I had a hard drive failure and had to reinstall my iTunes and re-import my library, but I lost all of my playlists. I have 2 different iPods that I use regularly, and I've already exported each one as a playlist, and re-imported them into my new library playlists. Okay, so far so good....

    My issue is that I "lost" some playlist songs between the export and import because apparently those songs weren't actually re-imported into iTunes after the HD failure. In one case, the iPod itself has 8031 songs, but the new playlist only shows 7882.

    It's way too many songs to look at one by one. Is there an easy (easier?) way to compare the "playlist" to the iPod that it came from so that I can find which songs are missing and need to be re-imported?

    I hope I was able to make this understandable, but please let me know if I need to clarify anything.

    Thanks for any help!!

    submitted by /u/klocke520
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 backup not working

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 09:50 PM PST

    Hey guys. So I upgraded my phone from a 6 to a 7 and backed it up on my laptop and on cloud. My new phone says everything was restored correctly. However while setting it up (signing into my iTunes and choosing my home button setting) when I click next it crashes and goes back to the "Hello" home screen. I've redone the back up, restarted the phone, updated iTunes, and it does it every time I try. Please help :(

    submitted by /u/thebelgianwaffle01
    [link] [comments]

    Change all desktop wallpapers to the one I'm on.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 09:19 PM PST

    I have managed to find something cool that lets me change my wallpaper to the time of day. But the thing is, because the script that changes it runs on Geektool. It only works on the one I am currently on and because I want my computer not to overheat from rapidly updating it. I have a delay for 500 seconds.

    So, I want to see if there is a way, an app maybe that changes ALL of the wallpapers on my other desktops when the one I am on is changed.

    Any help will be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/B055_Chicken
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Sierra vpn logs

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 09:05 PM PST

    Does anyone know where ipsec vpn logs go in Sierra/High Sierra? Ive seen some documentation to enable verbose logging from apple but that only applies to L2TP over IPSec and not Cisco IPsec or IKEv2 connections which im looking for. Ive enabled debugging in racoon.conf and think ive found some logs in the console app that pipes to the Mac Analytics Data report. I was hoping for more verbosity though. Looks like they get dumped in some .asl files that im unable to manipulate.

    submitted by /u/hao_n
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro mid 2012 strange hard drive problem

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 02:58 PM PST

    Background: I have a 13" Macbook Pro Mid 2012. I replaced the original HDD with a Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD about 6 months ago. I am running Mac OS X Sierra. A few weeks ago I upgraded the RAM to a single 8GB stick in the top RAM slot because my computer was freezing which seemed to be caused by a problem with the bottom RAM slot.

    Current problem: Yesterday my computer would not boot. It got stuck at the gray Apple screen with the progress bar loaded about halfway. I booted into recovery mode and tried to repair my SSD with Disk Utility but it did not work. I then took out my SSD and put in my original HDD, which booted up and worked normally. Then I booted up my SSD externally through a USB to SATA adapter, which worked and everything functioned properly. I put the SSD back inside the computer. This time it booted but was not usable. It was extremely slow and I could not open any applications or programs like Google Chrome or Notes. At this point I can boot my SSD externally and everything works fine. If I boot my SSD internally, it will boot but nothing works and I can't do anything on it. If I boot my old HDD internally, it boots and everything works fine.

    I appreciate any advice or help with getting my SSD working internally.

    submitted by /u/limegreen_
    [link] [comments]

    How to transition library and "system" from Google Play Music to Apple Music

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 08:52 PM PST

    As of right now, my music system consists of the following:

    • Dropbox folder for storing and syncing MP3s (yes, I prefer tangible files)
    • Google Play Music Manager for automatically adding new MP3s to GPM library
    • GPM for streaming said MP3 files on iPhone

    I would like to transition to Apple Music to take advantage of handsfree Siri commands in my car (something GPM doesn't support). However, I'm having a hard time understanding the features and interplay between Apple Music, iCloud Music Library, etc. and, long story short: I would like to know if it's possible to keep my existing music library in Dropbox/iTunes, but stream it from my iPhone via the Apple Music app in the same way that I currently use GPM.

    To clarify: I don't want to stream from a Spotify-esque library of music belonging to Apple Music. I want to stream my own files, but have them be stored in the cloud. GPM lets me upload 50,000 songs for free for exactly that use case, and it works perfectly (just without the Siri integration).

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/scottg96
    [link] [comments]

    Multi-Output with Several Bluetooth Speakers

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 02:30 PM PST

    Hi I'm trying to use the various bluetooth speakers around the house as a multi room speaker system (a poor man's Sonos) all of which are different brands and ages. Using my MacBook as a source. After I connect more than two speakers they stutter and music cuts in and out. Is there anything I can do or should I just save up for a better quality system?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/headsplinter
    [link] [comments]

    Help needed with syncing iPad safari tabs to iPhone

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 08:22 PM PST

    I have an iPad Air 2 and and iPhone 5. I am trying to iCloud sync the tabs that I have on my iPad to my iPhone. I am able to do it from my iPhone to my iPad but not the other way around. I can't do it from my iPad to my iPhone which is what I am trying to do. I don't recall how I synced from my iPhone to iPad since it was a while ago. In my iPhone and iPad iclouds tabs in the settings app I have Safari and iCloud Drive toggled on for both devices. Does anyone know what else I can do to sync my iPad tabs to my iphone?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Abomb11yo
    [link] [comments]

    Cost for installing SSD in MBP: $215 too much?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 10:18 AM PST

    Hi, I had a business recover the data from my MBP (2013/14) because the hard drive was failing - I dropped it on the floor. They transferred the data to a portable drive for me. Paid them for that already. Decided to buy an SSD and have them install it. They are quoting $215 for the installation. They said they will also install sierra for me because high sierra is buggy right now, so they might be including the OS installation in that quote. Regardless, is $215 too high for the labor? I provided them with the SSD. Any other thoughts are encouraged. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Hexoplanet
    [link] [comments]

    Does a FileVault encryption / decryption wear on the Mac?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 04:15 PM PST

    I encrypted my iMac earlier and am now decrypting it because of an error. I am gonna do a fresh install and encrypt from the beginning (before loading files). Is it bad to do this procedure constantly? Otherwise it might be best to hold off...

    submitted by /u/zoobyshoe
    [link] [comments]

    Reverting to previous OS

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 07:16 PM PST

    I would like to revert my 2011 MBP to Mavericks. I upgraded to Sierra about 1 year ago. I've seen some different techniques online, how to do it. (I have a time machine backup from before the switch to Sierra) is there a way to change the OS to Mavericks but not lose my iTunes/photos library as they are today. Thank you

    submitted by /u/emohaber
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 6 wont turn off after going completely dead

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 07:09 PM PST

    My iphone died about 2 hours ago and i started charging it but i wont turn back on.... I can see the symbol that says it sees the charger but it wont get any further than that? Anyone know a fix? So far I have tried hard resting it (sleep + home button) but still no fix

    submitted by /u/Dawning2025
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro prevents other computers from joining WIFI after connected

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 08:00 AM PST

    At our office we are experiencing a pretty odd issue with a specific Macbook Pro, which is an early 2017 Macbook Pro. I've never experienced an issue like this before, so I would appreciate any direction.

    When the mac connects the the network, it prevents any other computer from joining the network. The mac can access the internet fine, and any computer that joined the network prior to the problem computer can access the network fine even when it is connected. But any computer/phone/device that tries to connect AFTER the problem computer does, cannot connect.

    If the problem computer switches its WIFI off, other computers can then connect and use then network fine, but once it switches the WIFI back on, it keeps new devices from connecting. The macbook has been factory reset, but the problem still happens.

    submitted by /u/kyle787
    [link] [comments]

    Can't delete DAEMON Tools application.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 06:31 PM PST

    I get the "some of the extensions are still in use" message. I went to activity monitor and clicked force quit on the only Daemon tools application running (DAEMONTools agent), but it won't quit.

    submitted by /u/legalthrwy9
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring files to an NTFS formatted external hdd without changing timestamps

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 06:27 PM PST

    I have a mid 2010 iMac running El Capitan. I need to transfer a bunch of files from it to an external hdd (which is formatted to NTFS) without changing the files' timestamps. Is it possible? And if so, how?

    submitted by /u/BrightTomorrow
    [link] [comments]

    Epub Meta Data

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 02:19 PM PST

    Itunes sorts books using 'Sort Name' meta data. How can I edit this in 12.7?

    As historically, I could right click and do it through the 'get info' which is no longer the case with this most recent update 12.7x

    Using Windows 10 and DRM free epubs.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/JSP101
    [link] [comments]

    Yellow tinted line appeared on left side of MBP 2016 15" screen, cost to repair?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 02:01 PM PST

    Recently a half inch wide vertical strip has appeared on the left side of my screen, barely noticeable at the top but more prominent at the bottom. I can live with it for now since it is very transparent.

    What would be the costs of a repair/screen replacement?

    submitted by /u/PastNegotiation
    [link] [comments]

    key fell off

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 05:26 PM PST

    hello

    the plastic thing fell off the keyboard (the black and white) and i lost it. Can apple replace it? The rubber thing is still on the keyboard. this happened before and they had to replace the whole topcase - but this time i still have the rubber

    thank u

    submitted by /u/KittyCollector
    [link] [comments]

    Beats Headphones not Working Properly

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 04:42 PM PST

    For reason my headphones haven't been working properly. When I am watching a YouTube and rewind by 10 seconds, the sound stops for a few seconds before starting back up again. Also whenever I look at my device when connecting to my mac, the name is blank instead of "<Name>'s beats headphones. Any idea what's happening here and how to fix it? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Ace1047
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel