• Breaking News

    Friday, March 2, 2018

    Apple Help Apple ID has been disabled...searched it up and have done everything I've seen

    Apple Help Apple ID has been disabled...searched it up and have done everything I've seen


    Apple ID has been disabled...searched it up and have done everything I've seen

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 05:16 PM PST

    So I have two apple ids, A and B. I made A a long time ago, then made B sometime after that.

    Up until recently I was using B as my main one. I realized I still had some games on A that I wanted to play again and did not want to purchase again on B, as that would just be buying 2 copies of the game. I try to re download them using account A but it's telling me my AppleID has been disabled. I looked it up and it tells me to change me password...done. It says update your information...done. Still getting the disabled message.

    I'm not really sure what else to do and I can't find anything else online, so I was wondering if anyone else here has had this issue and if it's resolved, how'd you do it?

    submitted by /u/WillNotForgetMyUser
    [link] [comments]

    Problems transferring iCloud backup from iPhone 5s (iOS 9) to brand new iPhone SE (iOS 11.2.2) after auto-setup screen

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 07:08 PM PST

    So just got the iPhone SE deal from MetroPCS. Went home, backed up old iPhone to iCloud through wifi.

    The salesman bypassed the "Hello" whatever automatic setup screen, so I don't have the prompts to backup from iCloud like all the Apple tutorials say. Now I can't figure out how to get my full backup. I logged in with my Apple ID and connected to wifi on my new phone, but all that's sync'd are my photos and contacts.

    My old iPhone is set to include all apps and everything in the backup, but the iOS version is old as fuck so I'm wondering if that's the cause. It seems absurd that my messages couldn't transfer over though.

    Been Googling for an hour and getting nowhere. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/firelikedis
    [link] [comments]

    My iphone 8 is stuck in 'press home to update'

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 09:27 PM PST

    I tried to restore a backup from my old phone (which was an iphone 6plus on ios 11), as soon as the backup finished and the phone restarted, it got stuck on this screen ans everything ive tried so far has brought me back here. Ive tried recovery mode, using it to update and restore my phone but to no avail. Before the update was even 10 mbs done the phone restarted and got stuck again. Am i going to have to go to the apple store?

    submitted by /u/nidrogen
    [link] [comments]

    My 5s is forcing me to restore it to factory settings over and over.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 09:14 PM PST

    A couple days ago, I set my phone aside at 1%. I picked it up today and it was dead. Makes sense. I plug it in, and when it finally turns on, it comes straight to a mostly black screen prompting me to connect it to iTunes via USB to either update it or restore it to factory settings. I attempt to update it, and it doesn't work, telling me to restore it to factory settings. Okay. I'm pissed but willing. I did it, and it after supposedly restoring, it opens to the same screen again. I'm now halfway through it restoring yet again, and getting more and more annoyed. What's going on?

    submitted by /u/nicaisegany
    [link] [comments]

    Old iPad asking for recovery key

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 07:27 PM PST

    Weird question here. I have a first-gen iPad running iOS 5.1.1. Occasionally I forget my iCloud password so I have to reset it. On all my other devices this isn't an issue, it sends the normal alert and then asks me to enter the 6 digit verification code. On this iPad, however, it asks for a recovery key, which I never got. I think somehow I missed the phase when Apple was using the keys for 2FA and I jumped straight to the alerts. Anyway, on to the question.

    Since I don't have a recovery key, the last time this happened, I had to go to icloud.com, turn off 2FA, log into iPad, and then turn 2FA back on. Is there a workaround for this, or is this just a limitation of the iOS?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sooner2016
    [link] [comments]

    Clock app not working (timer specifically)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 07:19 PM PST

    On my iPhone 5s I had this problem where I would start a timer then close the app. After I opened up the app to check the amount left on the timer, it had reset. I recently upgraded to an iPhone 7 Plus expecting it to fix its self, but it did not. Also non of my alarms work, at all. I miss being able to set a timer for music to stop playing and using my phone as an alarm. Please help. I'm on 11.2.6

    submitted by /u/welliguessiusereddit
    [link] [comments]

    USB needs to be formatted

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 07:09 PM PST

    Hello everyone, so I'm in a bit of an emergency please help. I have a USB flash drive with a few of my papers on it. It was done on microsoft word on my Macbook Pro 2012 (that unibody one) and my OS is high siera. So, I reformatted the USB earlier today, because I thought it was a smart idea to take out the extra stuff. After the format was complete, I put in 2 documents and went to a place called a "print station". Unfortunately in this country, everyone uses windows so I think thats where one of the problems is. Before I reformatted the USB it never failed me at this specific printing station. However now when we plug it in it says "USB needs to be formatted ". Where I currently live, internet is scarce, so I can't gmail or google drive my papers to myself often. I need this USB, its like a lifeline for me. If this thing doesn't work, I really don't know what to do. Please, if someone can tell me what I did wrong with the reformatting and what to do with the flash drive, i'd greatly appreciate it. Please help Reddit peeps, you're my only hope. The windows commonly used here I believe is vista.

    submitted by /u/bumbumb
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 battery maximum capacity going up

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 05:54 PM PST

    Hi guys. I recently updated to iOS 11.3 beta 1 and my iPhone 7 said 84% battery capacity remaining. It slowly crept up to 85% and 86%.

    After updating my phone to beta 3, it went up to 87%. Is there something going on with my battery. I have no idea if this is a glitch or what.

    submitted by /u/Ryry77
    [link] [comments]

    Customisable fatigue tracker?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 05:36 PM PST

    I'm new to iPhones, and I'm looking for some sort of fatigue tracker, but can't find anything to suit my needs. I need one that's customisable so I can measure my maximum work hours. Our work has a convoluted system where we can work 16 hours in any 24 hour period, then need a 9 hour break before starting again, but there are also limits for 3 days (36 hours) and 7 days (84 hours), with a max of 12 days straight before needing a 30 hour reset. Sometimes these overlap and are hard to monitor, particularly when we're pushing these limits and are tired. Any suggestions? Or a way i could get one built?

    submitted by /u/mad_dog77
    [link] [comments]

    Emoji keyboard lags ever since I installed High Sierra?? (xpost OSX)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 08:34 AM PST

    Hey all,

    Not sure if anyone else does this, but I use CTRL+CMD+Space to access emojis all the time. Ever since updating, I get the lil rainbow spinny anytime I click to insert an emoji.

    Anyone know why this is happening or if there is a fix?? Appreciate any help, let me know if you need more info about my machine.

    submitted by /u/detecting_nuttiness
    [link] [comments]

    "Helper tool crashed..."

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 05:14 PM PST

    I can't really find a solution on the entire web.. So i'm trying to install high sierra via Terminal using the command line because i want to avoid formatting in apfs but i just get this:

    " By using the agreetolicense option, you are agreeing that you have run this tool with the license only option and have read and agreed to the terms. If you do not agree, press CTRL-C and cancel this process immediately. Helper tool crashed... "

    Sometimes i get to display the password request window that asks me the permission to install the helper but i stil get "helper tool crashed..." on terminal..i would really avoid to go apfs.. My machine is an iMac late 2012 Yosemite with fusion drive but "splitted". Thank u so much!

    submitted by /u/Wo_So
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Calendar App on Mac Not Syncing

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 04:52 PM PST

    Hey all, calendar (set up with icloud) on my macbook does not seem to be syncing with the rest of my icloud. I'm decently tech savvy and can't seem to figure this one out. My phone calendar is syncing with the cloud and shows updates on icloud.com and vice versa. My laptop calendar application is not and I can't quite figure out why. The event is listed on an icloud enabled calendar (as opposed to a local one). Any tips or ideas how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ds1749320
    [link] [comments]

    2011 MBP Slowness - Last Resort

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 12:10 PM PST

    After 7 years of use, it seems like my early 2011 MBP is kicking the bucket. Low priority fix since I have alternate laptops for use. Want to see if I can do anything before I salvage parts and e-waste the computer.

    Model: Early 2011 MBP 13" MC700LL/A

    Modifications: 4GB -> 8GB RAM, original HDD & superdrive replaced for SSD + drive doubler. Redid thermal paste 2 years ago.

    Relevant history: computer does not display a serial number but did upon purchase. Apple certified technicians have tried to diagnose and re-serialize the MLB to no avail. As such MRI does not work, as well as services like iMessage and FaceTime.

    Issue: I put the computer into standby mode before going to work. Upon waking up the computer, it was really slow and unresponsive, beach balls everywhere, text input lagging.

    What I've done:

    • Clean reinstalled macOS Sierra - still slow and unresponsive

    • Verified SSDs by putting them into other computers - both work fine. Windows, macOS, and third party tools detect no problems.

    • Reset NVRAM & SMC - no change

    • Installed OEM RAM from the exact same model of MBP that is working fine - no change

    What I think it is: logic board is dying

    submitted by /u/aceskywalkerEINS
    [link] [comments]

    Internal microphone won't work

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 03:48 PM PST

    I am on my iMac and whenever I try to use my internal mic on Facetime it doesnt let people hear me. I went into settings and it says the mic is selected and turned all the way up, but it wont fix it.

    submitted by /u/thisisnicolle14
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Magic Mouse 2 supposed to be like this?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 02:55 PM PST

    Even with the track speed set to "fastest" it feels rather slow, significantly slower than the touchpad on my MacBook Pro 2017. And when I go to click something specific, like if I want to close the window and the mouse needs a tiny bit of precision, the mouse just feels incredibly choppy. It feels difficult to move the Magic Mouse over something specific to click.

    I'm not sure how to express this well but hopefully somebody understands the issue.

    submitted by /u/pg_rt
    [link] [comments]

    Wiped iMac taking days to wipe.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 02:24 PM PST

    tl;dr I accidentaly clicked the wipe mac option under find my iphone and now what my mac has begun the process of wiping it is taking a LONG time. I plugged it in mid november and left it running for about 4 days and it still hadn't reached halfway through the progress bar. I don't have the install disks anymore and will be attempting to reinstall fresh using iso's this weekend but I'm at a loss as far as what I'd need to do, its been years since I've used the computer in general. 2009 Imac that was running mountain lion last i can remember. I didn't have anything important on there as I'd migrated everything important to my gaming pc but I'd like to get it up and running again. thank you for any possible help responses o/

    submitted by /u/Emerystones
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to fix an old iphone

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 10:16 AM PST

    Hey , i was trying to fix my brother's old iphone 4 because i didnt have anything better to do and i have encountered a little problem. First of all the phone is in a terrible condition but the screen still lights up and it isnt cracked , the back glass is destroyed tho its all shatered and the metal frame is bent where the power button is so you cant press it anymore , i think i can fix that just by bending it back to place but now for the problem i have. I put the charger in the phone , the battery icon appeard , with the red bars in it and everything , the charger icon doesnt appear , only if i move the charger around so it should be charging but it has been like 15 minutes of the phone being plugged it and it still its turning on , do any of you guys know how to fix it ?

    submitted by /u/Franke004
    [link] [comments]

    Warranty and Proof of Purchace

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 01:45 PM PST

    Hi Reddit! So I am in a bit of a pickle. I had bought a pair of Gold Beats Solo 3's on December 22, 2016. I am going through a warranty claim right now and they said they might want the receipt from when I had bought them. The think is I not only do not have the receipt anymore, but I do not remember where I had bought the headphones from. Is there a way to find out where I bought them to be able to get the POP by my Serial Number and the Date of Purchase? I really need a response fast as I am trying to figure out how to get it in case they ask for it. Thanks!

    P.S. Sorry for the long post

    Edit1: Just realized I had spelled Purchase wrong -_-

    submitted by /u/Jonathan_V_Demetrio
    [link] [comments]

    Issue booting to USB

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 01:21 PM PST

    Posted for advice here: https://www.reddit.com/r/bootcamp/comments/811yue/im_stuck_and_dont_know_what_to_do/

    • I have an iMac 21.5 inch mid-2011 running Sierra 10.12.6

    • At this point I have a USB with windows installed on it properly when I did it according to this site.

    • Looking at the format now for this USB it says "Universal Disk Format (UDF)", and it also says capacity is 3.32 GB with zero bytes available.

    • When I start up my computer with the usb plugged in and holding down the option key my USB doesn't show up as a bootable drive.

    • I've tried resetting PRAM, but nothing changed from there.

    This process was way harder than I thought it would be.

    submitted by /u/legalthrwy9
    [link] [comments]

    Photos App Alternative?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 01:17 PM PST

    I've been using iPhoto since it came out and I'm still using it on High Sierra(iPhoto 9), but I can see that it's starting to show its age(4K videos are not optimized, doesn't deal well with very large libraries, etc.)

    I personally hate Apple's new Photos App, I feel like it's a dumbed down version of iPhoto 9.

    The only thing I'd like from a Photo Manager are: Events organized as much like iPhoto as possible, Faces recognition, and it has to deal well with libraries that are over 200GB.

    It would be cool to have a map with the pins that show where photos were taken, but it's just an extra.

    Do you know of any apps that do this? I've been looking everywhere on Google but had no luck.

    submitted by /u/iFred97
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Drive folder empty on iPhone 7 and not loading on icloud.com

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 12:11 PM PST

    Hello everyone, on my iPhone (iOS 10.3.1) my iCloud Drive folder is empty even if there should be a couple of documents and audio file (on my MacBook folder they are there), and on icloud.com it doesn't load, how could I solve these issues? I already tried rebooting, logging out of iCloud (on both my Mac and my iPhone) etc. but nothing seems to be working.

    PS: I searched before posting this here but found nothing related.

    submitted by /u/giuppo3x
    [link] [comments]

    USB C dock/dongle with no SD card reader.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 02:25 AM PST

    Hi guys!

    I just got myself a new MacBook Pro, and I need to hook up my stuff to the computer every now and then.

    However, all of the 'attachable' docks (the ones without a cord) have an SD card slot in them. For the life of me, I can't remember the last time i slid an SD card into my computer since I'm never using a camera that isn't able to transfer directly via USB.

    I would love a dock/dongle that is attached to the two Thunderbolt 3 plugs, with some USB A (preferably 3.1), and HDMI/DP for my screen, and for the perfect fit, an ethernet port..

    I really like the design of the HyperDrive Pro, I just have no need for the SD card slots.

    Anyone seen anything around?

    submitted by /u/Fredmain
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage Contacts

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 08:18 AM PST

    Hello. I apologize if this has been asked before, but after several searches I'm not even sure of the phrasing I should use.

    Using an iPhone 7 with iOS 11.2.6.

    When I open a new text message and start typing in a contact name, (for instance, Kevin), it brings up a ton of old group messages that involved Kevin BEFORE it shows Kevin by himself. I don't mind it showing me the old groups but most of the time, I just want to message one person and I have to scroll all the way down. Is there a way to put single contacts at the top? Or not include previous group messages in the suggestions at all? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/MrNanny
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro startup Grey screen death freeze Lion 10.5.8

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 05:51 AM PST

    I installed a driver update for an Apogee Duet FireWire audio interface which requires a restart after it's done installing. I got the grey screen with the Apple logo and then it stays like that for several minutes, powers off and restarts the same cycle. Any ideas on how to fix this? I don't have the CD that comes with the computer as I bought it used in 2012. Thank you for your help.
    https://i.imgur.com/1fSN07j.jpg I took advice from the net and tried to get to fdsk but the above pic is as far as it got and froze there. No keyboard inputs register on the screen when pushed. https://i.imgur.com/3OLZNMN.jpg I ran a hardware test and the result says no problems detected. https://i.imgur.com/5woRzgm.jpg And below is the type of memory installed if this helps... https://i.imgur.com/cWP9xOM.jpg

    I very much appreciate your time and help!

    submitted by /u/neve1064
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro (mid 2012) can't connect to Wifi unless it's in the same room as the router

    Posted: 02 Mar 2018 07:31 AM PST

    My macbook pro mid-2012 specs

    For around a month now, I can't connect connect my macbook pro to the wifi unless my mac is in the same room as the router (living room). This sucks so much.

    I know that the router isn't the problem because my other devices (my iphone, bro's laptop, ipad etc) are all working perfectly fine.

    When I'm in my room, my mac cannot find any networks at all (even ones that aren't mine). Ocassionally, when it does find my network, it always fails to connect and tells me to move closer. So i have to go to the living room, where the router is located.

    Also, my mac only shows my network and no one else's (neighbors etc) which makes me believe something is wrong, because it used to show other networks before.

    Please help.

    *Also posted here and here

    submitted by /u/luodisco
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel