• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 21, 2018

    macOS Is there a way to keep an application from having focus?

    macOS Is there a way to keep an application from having focus?


    Is there a way to keep an application from having focus?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 07:56 PM PST

    I like to have a VLC window in the corner of my screen playing a movie while I work.

    Sometimes I accidentally click on it, like when I forget that the media keys will already let me control playback. Then, I forget that it's focused, and when I start typing, all my keys go to VLC and often mess up the playback to where I have to restart it. This is annoying.

    Is there a way to keep it from getting focus, even when I click on it? Or is there another video playback app that will do this?

    I want it floating on top, but when I click on it, I want the active application to remain unchanged from whatever it already was.

    Thank you for reading!

    submitted by /u/qadm
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Quicktime "Actual Size"

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 12:02 AM PST

    Hey Guys, how's it going? I always watch videos on Quicktime built into MacOS, but I noticed in the Inspector on my Retina MBP, the "actual size" is only 1440x810, which isn't quite the full capabilities of the screen. Do you guys know if it downscales the video to that "actual size" or if that's just a sort of general sizing number, kind of like how they call the screen 1440x900 scaling, but it's still at retina resolutions? I tried looking into it myself by comparing videos, and it looks fine, but just wanted your guys' opinion, thanks.

    submitted by /u/jeepracer98
    [link] [comments]

    A more efficient way to uninstall programs?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 08:14 PM PST

    So I wanted to uninstall CLion from my mac yesterday. Here's how I did it:

    1. Delete CLion from applications

    2. find ~ -iname "*Clion*" in terminal

    3. go to every directory listed and manually delete the folders

    Surely there's a more efficient way? Yet I couldn't really find it online although maybe I was searching for the wrong things. I'm looking for the mac version of Window's "uninstall a program" button. Just one thing to do to wipe every trace of a program from my computer.

    submitted by /u/cscareer1
    [link] [comments]

    Must press C-s twice!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 12:37 PM PST

    Hi!

    I have a MacBook Air 2013. When I press C-s (Ctrl and s) nothing happens. I have to press it twice within a certain time for it to register. I've tested this by checking the "Keyboard viewer".

    It happens both with built in keyboard and external keyboards.

    Any ideas on what might happen here or how I can figure it out?

    (I want to use C-s as a keybinding in emacs btw)

    submitted by /u/Linupe
    [link] [comments]

    When waking up the mac, desktop shows for a second or two before login screen appears

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 08:32 AM PST

    I lock my iMac when I'm done for the day. In the morning, when I wake up the iMac, the desktop and apps/windows shows for a second or two before the login screen appears. So basically anyone who wakes up the computer can see for a second what I was doing the day before. This seems like a big security issue.

    I had this problem since El Capitan, and now running High Sierra. Late 2012 iMac.

    Anyone else notice the same issue?

    submitted by /u/gin_and_toxic
    [link] [comments]

    Suspicious app showed up in my brother's software updates. He's freaking out. Any ideas?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 03:39 PM PST

    Has anyone else used this app? I bought it and installed it, but it's sketching me out with it's lack of code signature and wanting to connect to cdn.rawgit.com

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 10:32 AM PST

    High Sierra Download Installer - only 13.9mb

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 03:04 AM PST

    Hello

    I have left my MacMini on all night to download the 5GB image for the High Sierra download from the app store, but this morning the folder is only 13.9mb

    I have read because the full download is hidden somewhere, but where?

    Please advise

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/oakdesk_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel