• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 21, 2018

    Apple Job ads suggest Spotify about to take on Apple’s HomePod with its own speaker

    Apple Job ads suggest Spotify about to take on Apple’s HomePod with its own speaker


    Job ads suggest Spotify about to take on Apple’s HomePod with its own speaker

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 05:44 AM PST

    Apple named the most innovative company in the world thanks to AirPods, AR and iPhone X

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 09:07 AM PST

    Apple has removed AirPlay 2 from the latest betas of iOS 11.3 and tvOS 11.3

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 12:10 PM PST

    I’m finally using Live Pictures correctly and loving it!

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 07:54 PM PST

    I never got the point of Live Pics until recently. I always took one and it always ends up with the the camera just being pointed away from the subject at the end. There was no whimsy or artistry to it...just a rapid blur. But now I've realized that you need to hold your position a second after the shutter clicks and I've been able to capture some pretty cool things like rides at Disneyland, crowd movement at a golf tournament, and the kids being kids. Loop and bounce are pretty cool.

    Is there any way I can post them online to share?

    submitted by /u/ShiroHachiRoku
    [link] [comments]

    Update to the coating of my Space Grey iPhone X peeling

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 01:33 PM PST

    I made this post last week where the coating near the volume buttons was peeling:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/7xgs1w/coating_coming_off_space_grey_iphone_x/?st=JDW5H0BF&sh=89931abb

    I took it to the Apple Store yesterday and since the rest of the device had no damage at all, they considered it a defect and replaced it with a brand new device.

    It was my first time going to an Apple Store, and I was amazed at the service. The whole appointment only took 20 minutes. The staff were friendly and helped out, the Genius was very nice, and even replaced my cheap screen protector with a Belkin anti-glare one. It was a great first experience.

    submitted by /u/DragonKnight196
    [link] [comments]

    Apple in Talks to Buy Cobalt Directly From Miners

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 11:21 PM PST

    TIL you can hold the reader mode button in iOS Safari to set a website to automatically open in reader mode when available

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 09:32 AM PST

    I knew you can hold the tab button for quick options to open new tabs but I never thought to hold the other buttons and see what they do!

    submitted by /u/droppingbasses
    [link] [comments]

    Apple releases iOS 11.3 beta 3 for iPhone and iPad

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 10:03 AM PST

    Some Apps Worth Buying

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 12:40 PM PST

    Sorry for the huge post, here we go:

    There are a number of apps that I find worth purchasing, regardless of whether the payment is upfront or subscription based. The biggest criteria for me is multi-platform support (iPhone, iPad, & Mac), a native app (vs electron WHICH I LOATH), whether or not the app takes advantage of the best features of iOS (i.e. drag & drop, side-by-side on iPad, etc...), and finally whether the app employs the iOS 11 design scheme, which I really like (but is a purely aesthetic and therefore subjective criterion).

    Here's my list:

    Upfront Purchases:

    • Things 3: Best To-Do, feels native on iOS/macOS and is full-featured but simple to use (polar opposite of something like omnifocus)

    • Pocket Casts: I almost feel guilty admitting this but I like it over Overcast purely for it's appearance, otherwise I'd go with Overcast hands-down, you can't go wrong with either

    • CARROT Weather: This app is hilarious and visually pleasing, combines great design with a high degree of utility regardless of device

    • Crypto Pro: If you're a crypto guy (which I pretend to be, but have no idea what I'm doing), this app is great for following various currencies and your own portfolio

    • Fantastical: A must have productivity app, functions much like Calendar.app but much better, the app is visually nice and uses space in a far better manner

    • Deliveries: Amazing app for tracking packages from various sources, the app is well designed and is ideal for more privacy-minded individuals, as the user must input tracking numbers for the app to do its magic (some may see this as a negative but it's in fact why I use it)

    • Apollo: I know it's a free app, but it is so worth paying a small amount to support the developer, who made an outstanding app, I did not use Reddit until Apollo was released, and look at what I'm doing right now!

    Subscriptions:

    • Ulysses: It is one of the few third-party apps that feels more native on Apple's ecosystem than Apple's own apps do, it makes writing fun and much more hassle-free, the sync is phenomenal too

    • Overcast: I know, I use pocket casts but I switch between them routinely and I love Marco Arment (and all of the ATP guys), it's a tiny amount of money but nonetheless a small way to support him

    • Day One: Amazing journaling app, uses great sync, and allows for easy posting/viewing of relevant content, I didn't journal at all until I downloaded this app

    Are there any other apps you guys think are worth a shot?

    submitted by /u/marioalfredoperez
    [link] [comments]

    Jony Ive videos about aluminum, stainless steel, and gold from 2015

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 03:12 PM PST

    Sketchy Rumor: iPhone SE 2 Will Debut at WWDC With Classic Design But Larger 4.2-Inch Display

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 09:31 AM PST

    Anybody else find Copied sync to be extremely unreliable between the Mac and iPhone?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 10:05 PM PST

    Copied is a great app despite this problem, but I just can't get it to sync right. I've got sync activated in the app on both devices, notifications activated for the app on both devices, iCloud Disk activated on both devices. As far as I can see, I have followed the direction in the sync section of the FAQ. It syncs between the iPhone and iPad some of the time. But I don't know if it has ever synced between the Mac and iPhone.

    Anybody else encountered this problem? Found a solution?

    submitted by /u/TommyAdagio
    [link] [comments]

    My friend has an iPhone and is being stalked. He doesn't even know what a VPN is, but his phone says VPN at the top right.

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 04:23 PM PST

    I am a computer guy. I'm drunk, but you can talk in technical terms. I'm just trying to figure out how his phone can be on a VPN when he has no fucking clue what a VPN is. He has sent me screenshots of his phone being in other places than he is. Sorry for the drunken rambling.

    https://imgur.com/a/6c88H

    He's in St. Louis. Not in Georgia..

    EDIT: Yo, I'm sorry for not responding to everyone. I do want all of you to know that I read every one of your reponses and took them all into consideration. He still hasn't sent me a screenshot of all his apps, and I haven't gotten my hands on the phone to do an actual hard reset. But thank you for all of your responses, I really do appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/P2000Camaro
    [link] [comments]

    Airplay enabled Receiver?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 04:57 PM PST

    I know everyone is big on Homepods right now, but does anyone know of a good receiver that supports AirPlay? Obviously among other inputs as well.

    I would just hook an Airport Express up to it, and I might do if I must, but It would be nicer to just have the damn thing integrated.

    submitted by /u/blue-pilgrim
    [link] [comments]

    Apple takes market share from Samsung in Korean company’s home market

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 07:39 AM PST

    Considering the 2017 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 06:22 PM PST

    So currently I am a sophomore in college and I have a decent job with good pay that has allowed me to begin securing funds for a new laptop. I am currently using a Lenovo idea pad with a broken back cover, a missing shift key, and with two arrow keys that don't work. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were about the new MacBook or even if I should consider it. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/WeTechThose14
    [link] [comments]

    Apple releases macOS 10.13.4 beta 3 for developers

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 10:04 AM PST

    Alto’s Odyssey is now available!

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 02:49 AM PST

    Any printer that works on a Mac should work on iOS

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 02:41 AM PST

    Even though iOS and Mac OS are different in terms on UI, they share many fundamental technologies. So if a printer driver can be installed on a Mac it should be able to be adapted easily for iOS.

    I just find it irritating that AirPrint is not on all printers and the apps some printer companies use to push prints to printers damn irritating to use.

    submitted by /u/Twrd4321
    [link] [comments]

    name of song in this apple commercial

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 09:18 PM PST

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=951rcihTnTw

    Cannot find the name to this song and it is driving me nuts, hellllp

    submitted by /u/jkdjkdjkd
    [link] [comments]

    tvOS 11.3 beta finally supports frame rate matching on AppleTV 4 and 4k

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 02:01 PM PST

    As of this morning the tvOS beta 11.3 supports dynamic frame rate matching on the older AppleTV 4, similar to how the AppleTV 4K got this feature with tvOS 11.2.

    I just tested it with 1080p24z content and it worked perfectly, automatically going back and forth between 1080p24 and 1080p60.

    Release Notes https://9to5mac.com/2018/02/20/tvos-11-3-beta-3/

    submitted by /u/how_do_i_land
    [link] [comments]

    What are some MacOS tools or shortcuts that you couldn't live without?

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 01:13 PM PST

    Just curious, I'm sure there are some I don't know about.

    For me it's exposé and ⌘+Shift+4 to screenshot a snippet. I have to launch a program or crop a screenshot on a PC.

    submitted by /u/tenaciousdeev
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone considered doing the unthinkable and dying/painting the white HomePod?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 01:45 AM PST

    I don't know why, but I really, really want to dye it a different colour, make it look like a Barber's pole? Make it bright red? It would be stupid, but I wanna do it, has anyone else considered doing it? Am I really, really stupid?

    submitted by /u/SarsaparillaCorona
    [link] [comments]

    Apple needs to tighten app permissions on iOS (e.g. Camera access permission)

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 06:08 AM PST

    Remember when Apple introduced a feature that prevented any app from locating users in the background by letting users choose between "Always", "While Using" and "Never"? Apple needs a similar feature for access to photos. I should be able to force apps to either only be able to read photos, add new photos or both.

    There should also be an option for camera access where every time an app needs access to the camera, it needs to ask as opposed to having only one prompt that authorise the app forever. Same thing for the microphone.

    What if for example Facebook takes pictures of me while I am scrolling the news feed? I would never know.

    submitted by /u/DeanLubaki
    [link] [comments]

    Nuance Discontinues Swype Keyboard for iOS and Android

    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 05:07 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel