• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 28, 2017

    iPhone TrueTone just doing its thing

    iPhone TrueTone just doing its thing


    TrueTone just doing its thing

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 06:29 AM PDT

    FCC asks Apple to activate the iPhone’s hidden FM radio to aid public safety

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 09:10 AM PDT

    When you update your phone, Spotlight reindexes all your content. Hence, then battery and frame drop issues. Expected to last for at least 2 or 3 days.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 03:49 AM PDT

    Why is this not known enough? I always find it annoying whenever I read battery life issue posts and they're only using the new update for at least a day. I only really complain about battery life issues after a week or two of using the new update and my battery life still sucks.

    I've been with the GM since it launched and it had awful battery life even after a week (the week of the public release). I suddenly got better battery life 3 days before the release of 11.0.1. Before, I only get 4 hours of usage and then suddenly I got 9 hours with the same normal use. Maybe it took longer to reindex? I don't know.

    NOTE: I am in no way excusing the updates being buggy and problematic IN THE LONG TERM. What I'm trying to convey is to let your phone adapt to the update for a little while before giving a verdict of how problematic it is for you.

    As I said, I complained about my issues after a week of installing the GM (I complained to lots of posts on here about my battery life) but then suddenly got good battery life back despite my issues. THIS IS AN ISOLATED EXPERIENCE. I'm not speaking for everyone because every device reacts to an update differently.

    submitted by /u/eydendib
    [link] [comments]

    Emojis falling out of Notification Bubbles.. lol

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 12:26 AM PDT

    (X-post from r/apple) A handy way to set custom ringtones directly on your iOS device without using a computer or iTunes

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 06:09 AM PDT

    I just found this out today, and I apologise if it's already common knowledge.

    Its possible to use Documents or any file manager app plus GarageBand to set custom ring and text tones directly on your iOS device.

    First: Download your desired sound (mine was Diane's "Serial" ringtone from Bojack Horseman)

    Second: Open the GarageBand app, create a new track (I chose voice recorder as the tool), then press the button on the top left with the many rectangles on it to take you to the screen where you can manage and mix different audio tracks.

    Now you can import your own custom "loop" by pressing the loop button near the right top corner and selecting "Audio Files", then choosing to "import from iCloud Drive" will open the files interface where you can choose your audio file.

    Once it is imported and is visible in the tracks screen, leave the editor and return to the main menu where you can select your different projects.

    Press select on the top right, tap the project with your ringtone inside, and open the share menu. here you'll see the "export as ringtone" option. Tap on that and afterwards you'll find your tone in the sounds menu in settings.

    If you need any clarifications fee free to let me know.

    submitted by /u/thesomedude777
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone feel like this is an extremely inefficient use of space in iOS 11, especially since the whole screen is available?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 08:58 PM PDT

    No reason 4k 24fps shouldnt be on the iphone 7. :

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 02:49 AM PDT

    Went from the 5c to the 8 Plus :))))

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 04:08 PM PDT

    iPhone X supply crunch mean you may wait till February to get one

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 08:56 AM PDT

    Switched back to an iPhone after a long hiatus

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 08:23 AM PDT

    Anyone have this wallpaper for 7+ please?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 08:41 PM PDT

    iPhone X really need the reachability function

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 02:06 PM PDT

    Apple Faces Renewed Pressure to Enable FM Radio Chip in iPhones Amid Strong Hurricane Season

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 08:07 AM PDT

    Upgraded from the 6S Plus to the 8 Plus, and I’m ridiculously impressed with the battery life.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 08:18 AM PDT

    My 6S Plus from the beginning needed to be charged every night. I'd have a bit leftover the next day if I didn't heavily use it, but not enough to get me through an entire extra day. I upgraded to the 8 Plus, and right now I'm sitting at 7.5 hours of usage with 28 hours of standby, and still have 41% charge. I can't ever remember having a smartphone that didn't need to be faithfully charged every night, so while this wasn't a "huge" upgrade, I'm still super happy with my purchase and really impressed! Just thought I'd share.

    submitted by /u/jsxca
    [link] [comments]

    [TIL]: Tell Siri to turn off your Wi-Fi. That way, Wi-Fi will be disconnected completely, unlike when you turn it off from the control centre.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 02:33 AM PDT

    iPhone 6+ very slow on ios 11 =(

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 12:52 AM PDT

    so it happened once again, even decent phones are no longer viable under the latest os.

    submitted by /u/er1end
    [link] [comments]

    Pre-Order on the iPhone X

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 09:54 AM PDT

    How quick/ blood bath the iPhone X would be on selling out on October 27th and Nov 3rd? Is anyone going to stay up late in the evening on pre-order day? Like horses out the gate to get it.

    submitted by /u/Flylatino24
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 11 "Do Not Disturb While Driving" more hazardous than safe

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 07:33 PM PDT

    So I configured the feature to not receive notifications while driving. Cool. Apple always the leading edge.

    I was using Waze today and all of a sudden the screen goes black and I see a notification "You won't receive notifications while driving"... a notification in itself! That was the first problem defeating the purpose of not receiving notifications while driving, right? Now the funny thing is, the options to remove the message are "I'm not driving" or "Cancel". No OK or Accept? What does Cancel mean? Cancel the "do not disturb while driving" or cancel the notification? Anyways, hitting cancel does nothing. It brings the notification again.

    Another option I discovered while driving, trying to check the road with one eye and go back to the map, was swipe left. That brings "clear" or "view". Both of them do nothing and bring the notification again! Now I'm about to hit a Mustang at 111 mph and I try the Home button, right? Well, it brings a black screen with a gigantic car icon, like "dude, you're driving!" Oh, thank you, I didn't notice. At this point I go back to the notification and I hit "I'M NOT DRIVING".

    Everything goes back to normal with a few exceptions: because I said I'm not driving, I get tons of new notifications while I already missed seven exits and yes, a truck loaded with bananas falls on top of me.

    submitted by /u/redgoldfilm
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 Plus (A11 Bionic, NVMe) vs. Galaxy Note 8 (Snapdragon 835, UFS 2.1) - PhoneBuff Style Speed Test

    Posted: 27 Sep 2017 06:07 PM PDT

    Confused about the new series 3 Apple Watch

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 08:21 AM PDT

    So, from what I gather, all of the non cellular watches only have composite backs and not ceramic? This seems disappointing as I feel like I'm being crippled for not needing a product that connects to my carrier, especially when Verizon changes the same line access fee as my damn phone, 20 dollars.

    Am I just kind of screwed? Lol

    submitted by /u/PleaseGoOutside
    [link] [comments]

    Smoking iphone while charging in a car problem

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 10:30 AM PDT

    There was getting smoke out of my gf her iphone after charging for like half an hour in a 12V charging dock. She noticed it after se smelt something burning in her car. How could this have happened?

    submitted by /u/Marcogr
    [link] [comments]

    I keep getting this when I try to update my phone. I've tried almost every solution to fix it and nothing has worked. I can't update through iTunes on the computer either due to me not owning a computer. What should I do?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 01:04 AM PDT

    FCC Urges Apple to Protect Safety of Americans by Activating FM Radio Chip in iPhones

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 09:59 AM PDT

    The iPhone X home bar just appeared on my 6S Plus.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2017 09:43 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel