• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 26, 2017

    iPhone Rich DeMuro on Facebook: In 10 years of covering iPhone launches, I've never seen anything like this. 3 hours before the launch of iPhone 8 in Los Angeles and not a single person in line.

    iPhone Rich DeMuro on Facebook: In 10 years of covering iPhone launches, I've never seen anything like this. 3 hours before the launch of iPhone 8 in Los Angeles and not a single person in line.


    Rich DeMuro on Facebook: In 10 years of covering iPhone launches, I've never seen anything like this. 3 hours before the launch of iPhone 8 in Los Angeles and not a single person in line.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 05:17 AM PDT

    iPhone X Comes With 2,716mAh Battery and 3GB of RAM

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 03:00 AM PDT

    “if you haven’t opened the app in awhile” - well, here’s a feature I will probably never see.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 05:38 AM PDT

    Thanks to iOS 11 I get messages in the past

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 08:43 PM PDT

    Unpopular Opinion: I would actually prefer FaceID over TouchID if it works as advertised.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 03:57 AM PDT

    This is mostly because of my reliance on hands free use of Siri while near the phone. When driving or doing something that involves the use of my hands, it is distracting or annoying when some commands require the phone to be unlocked. For example, unlocking the door or using Find My Friends. Glancing at my phone (e.g. on my car phone mount) without having to take my hands off whatever I'm doing would prove far more useful than using my thumbprint.

    Granted that I do have my Apple Watch to overcome some of these secured requests but I'll still have to raise my hand away from the wheel and hope the screen wakes. And even then, it doesn't work for Find My Friends (2nd Gen Watch).

    FaceID isn't for everyone, but it is (hopefully) for me.

    EDIT: Seems everyone is focused on the "why are you using the phone while driving". To clarify, I rely on handsfree Siri and audio responses most of the time. But I have a holder position midway between my rear view mirror and the road in front of me, mostly closer to the rear view mirror so it doesn't block my vision to my left. I do glance at it occasionally especially when I have to check my rear view mirror since that's safe driving practice to be aware of your surroundings. If FaceID works as advertised, and on the rare few occasions Siri requires unlocking, it should be fine.

    But everyone forgets the at-home use case as well. Sometimes someone is at the door and I may be busy with something like washing the dishes. Unlocking my door requires my phone to be unlocked (because you know, security), and TouchID can be very particular about how dry your finger is. So that is another use case that would be really convenient for me.

    submitted by /u/chongkwongsheng
    [link] [comments]

    My Best Pick of Wireless Charging Pads For the new iPhone help me to choose one !

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 06:59 AM PDT

    I'm planning to purchase the new iPhone X before that I googled for the best wireless charging pads now so I can prepare for the new iPhone.. and also guys please help me to choose one from the list.

    Here is the original article that I found on Google For the wireless charging pads for iPhone

    My picks

    Belkin QI Wireless Anker Wireless charger Choetech Wireless pad Turbot Wireless charging pads Mophie Wireless charging pad

    Which one is better?

    submitted by /u/ijithinkumar
    [link] [comments]

    Apple ditches Bing for Google search results in Siri and Spotlight

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 10:06 AM PDT

    Projected size of next year's "iPhone X2+" compared to iPhone X and iPhone 8+ based on Apple's leaked OLED purchase order

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 03:47 PM PDT

    Since updating to iOS 11, starting a new iMessage conversation doesn’t register names or numbers that are in my contacts, unless there is a current thread with them. When typing to add a contact, only an email address or nothing at all will appear. Is there a setting that changed or became unsynced?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 06:53 AM PDT

    Wanted to see how my 7 was doing on iOS 11

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 04:55 AM PDT

    Lightning port splitter

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 07:52 AM PDT

    I just upgraded from an iPhone 6 to an 8 plus. I drive an '08 Honda Civic that has an aux port but doesn't have a USB port so the lack of a headphone jack on the 8 plus makes it impossible for me to charge my phone and listen to music at the same while in the car. I've seen lightning port splitters on Amazon but a lot of the reviews said they simply do not work. Can anyone point me to a splitter that they have gotten that works reliably?

    submitted by /u/ct_9
    [link] [comments]

    The Upgrade: 4S to 8+

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 09:08 AM PDT

    6s+ to a 8+

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 07:33 PM PDT

    I was going to wait on the iPhone X. Decided the hassle isn't going to be worth it. And the screen size has me concerned. So I pulled the trigger today

    My MAIN likes::

    Camera- holy crap is this an upgrade. It's legit

    Speaker- damn! This thing finally can be heard!! I love the speaker.

    Zippiness- phone just flies. Seems to have dodged the crappy iOS 11 bugs (knock on wood)

    Glass back- seems to have quite a bit more grip with the glass. I kept a leather case on my 6s+. I'll probably get another leather case for work, and keep it naked at home.

    Dislikes:

    Nothing really stands out yet. I was looking forward to the smaller form factor of the X, but it being a skinnier screen and that infamous notch, I decided to go with the 8. And I love the fingerprint home button as well. Seems to be a great upgrade for me. The 8 is getting a lot of hate, but I think it's a great phone.

    submitted by /u/Paythapiper
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6S Red & Black iOS 10.2

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 02:20 PM PDT

    Does anyone else feel like music doesn't actually shuffle?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 09:16 AM PDT

    Whenever I listen to music on my iPhone (I probably have about 1500 songs) I feel like I keep hearing the same songs over and over. I don't notice until I get on my laptop & play some music on shuffle that I'm hearing songs I haven't heard in months. Anybody else notice something similar?

    submitted by /u/baker2795
    [link] [comments]

    went from 32 gb 6s to 64 gb 8. (my opinion).

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 09:07 AM PDT

    pretty much like everyone else on this sub, i read alot of posts and opinions on going from one iPhone to another. well i finally pulled the trigger and upgraded from the 6s to the 8. (skipped the 7). i'm also a big jailbreaker, been jailbreaking my phones for years, so leaving my 10.2 jb wasn't the easiest thing in the world to do. long story short, i love the new iPhone and iOS 11. it's alot snappier and just a refresh of everything else in general. apple has came a long way w/iOS customizations. plus i really wanted the new watchOS 4. jailbreaking is slowly becoming obsolete in my opinion; or maybe i'm just slowly but surely growing out of it. would i like a jb? hell yea; but it's not something i NEED anymore nowadays .i've read a shit ton of posts mentioning bugs in iOS 11, but i honestly haven't came across any that directly impact the normal things i do on my phone (even though i know they're there). as far as the iPhone X goes, i'm not in a rush to pay $1K for a 1st gen product. i'm very happy w/still having the fingerprint scanner. plus the 8 has pretty much the same specs as the 10 minus the "updated camera" and the OLED display. the true tone addition does make a positive difference though coming from an iPhone that didn't have it. along w/facial recognition, the oled screen can wait too. another thing, w/the MAJOR shortages that's about to occur, i don't have the patience to be waiting. in my opinion, if you want someone spending $1K on a phone you damn sure better have plenty of them on the release date. waiting months for a phone i already think is overpriced is out of the question. anyway, that's enough typing. good luck w/whatever phone you choose. also, remember people, i love Apple and iPhones as much as the next person, BUT THEY'RE JUST PHONES lol.

    submitted by /u/kinggkeon
    [link] [comments]

    Did Apple say they were going to remove the Faces folder?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 06:46 AM PDT

    Can anybody please tell me if Apple said they would give an option where we could disable Faces folder from Photos App?

    I vaguely remember during iOS 11 presentation at WWDC that I read something along those lines and got happy because I dislike the Faces function very much and choose to hide all faces it detects.

    submitted by /u/AncestralSpirit
    [link] [comments]

    Stop comparing iPhone 8 launch lines to previous launch lines.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 06:37 AM PDT

    Internet these days is filled with posts regarding how demand for iPhone 8 is (seemingly) much lower than for previous models. Less queue lines, less stocks in shops etc. What needs to be understood is that this is a wrong comparison. In 2017 iPhone 8/8+ is not the main model like 6/7/5 was previously. This year Apple is releasing a third device that trumps two others. Crazy first week demand and three day long lines are reserved for Apple's top products, and iPhone X is that, whereas 8 isn't.

    Apple have ordered a huge amount of components for the X and there are reports now that predict 50+ million preorders alone for the X. That's where the crazy lines will be.

    This year the X is not an additional iPhone. The 8 is the additional iPhone.

    And the 8 will possibly (actually probably) sell better overall throughout the year since it's more affordable, but the crazy lines are for true fans and those are waiting for the top model. And there are many of them.

    submitted by /u/az9393
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a 7/8 battery case that supports both lightning accessories (headphones) and has Qi?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 08:49 AM PDT

    Gmail app notification badges take ages to go away since update to iOS 11

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 06:20 AM PDT

    I'm one of those people that has 0 notification badges at all times. Sometimes to a fault. Since updating to iOS 11 the gmail app's badges take hours to clear once an email is read. It's driving me INSANE. There are a number of reasons I use it over Mail, anyone know a fix that doesn't involve waiting for an app update as they just posted an update and it didn't fix it. I've tried everything but straight up uninstalling the app

    submitted by /u/TekAzurik
    [link] [comments]

    Dead 32bit app alternatives

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 06:17 AM PDT

    The only thing stopping me from upgrading my 5S to iOS 11 is the missing 64bit support for two of my most used apps.

    1. Converter Touch I use this one the most. It is a intuitive converter app for almost everything. Volume, currency, speed, weight you name it. Still works flawlessly on iOS 10.

    2. What the Font As a design student I use this one also quite often. It recognises the name of a font based on a photo - very helpful!

    Do you know any good alternatives or even newer releases from the developers I dont know about? I havent found any good alternatives to these two. I can live without the rest of my legacy apps but no alternative for these two means no upgrade. :(

    submitted by /u/ThirtyPins
    [link] [comments]

    Any iPhone SE users go up to the 8 plus? Is there anything you miss?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 09:47 PM PDT

    SE user here, had my phone for about a year after having a 5 for 4 years and I'm thinking about making the jump to the 8+. I'd like a bigger screen and the 8+ is supposed to have roughly the same if not better battery life than the SE (according to specs). For the people that made the jump, what do you like most about the upgrade? What do you like the least?

    submitted by /u/chicity_kid
    [link] [comments]

    I love the quick, very short summary of every app or game in the new AppStore, it’s good when you want to know what’s the new app about so you don’t have to open each one in the “new” section

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 02:11 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel