• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 21, 2017

    iPhone Dad Passed - Need Help Backing Up iPhone

    iPhone Dad Passed - Need Help Backing Up iPhone


    Dad Passed - Need Help Backing Up iPhone

    Posted: 17 Sep 2017 08:48 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    My dad passed recently. He had an iPhone SE from work which he also used for personal things to not have to carry multiple devices. I'd really appreciate some help backing up memories from the phone as we'll soon have to turn the phone in. This includes:

    • Pictures / live pictures / videos
    • Contacts
    • Voice memos
    • Anything else you guys can think of...

    He had a personal iCloud account, but I'm not sure if Apple at some point will ask us to plug in the phone to access things again. Hence, I'd prefer things backed up to Google if possible as it is will remain secure and easy for the family to access. I just want to do things in a way such that the physical device is never necessary again.

    I'm fairly technically proficient, just have no experience with iPhones and I'm afraid I'll miss something due to the way iPhones work. Can you please help point me in the right direction? I should add, I have a MacBook Pro and the phone's USB cable.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/dadpassed
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my phone horribly slow?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 07:05 PM PDT

    I have a previously jailbroken iPhone 4s that was still in IOS 7 that I factory restored and updated to the highest iOS it will update to, which is IOS 9.3.5. It has nothing at all on it, not jailbroken, and is horribly slow, even when doing any basic task, i.e., switching between apps, loading App Store. The previous, jailbroken version was much faster, so what gives? Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/LegalizeCannibalism
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s wont back up onto itunes

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 03:09 PM PDT

    Every time I try to back up my phone onto itunes, it goes about halfway on the progress bar and then gives me the error message that "iPhone back up could not be completed due to iPhone being disconnected. I've already contacted apple and we went through every solution for almost 2 hours and nothing helped. I'm wondering if anyone here can help out with a different solution. Thanks

    submitted by /u/gotagohome
    [link] [comments]

    Need help on how to remove Apple ID

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 06:24 PM PDT

    I don't know the password and can't reset the password either. I know I can reset it to factory settings but I don't want to lose everything. Any way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/mrP0P0
    [link] [comments]

    How to properly share photos with friends and family - Too many people insist on whatsapp, which downsizes images to 640x480

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 05:06 PM PDT

    Important: They all have expensive phones with 20mpixel camera's, but my parents don't understand anything about IT, so the standard for my London life and sharing pics with my family has always been Dropbox and Whatsapp.

    Dropbox isn't ideal because it seems to have conflicting interests. WhatsApp 640x480's images are loved by my family, but err. I hate my dad's relationship with electronics and it would be nice if there were an easy sharing solution for photos.

    My dad has had a WileyFox Storm, LG G5, LG G6 this year and I'm on my iPhone 7. So Android<>iOS compatibility would be great.

    I see my girlfriend once a month, she loves pictures, I guess just copy-paste the entire folder of the holiday would be best?

    submitted by /u/ujjain
    [link] [comments]

    Updated to iOS 11 on my 7+ and now I have Bluetooth problems

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 04:15 PM PDT

    This phone never really gave me problems other than the "Invalid Sim" that likes to come at the worst times, but that is fixed with a restart. Now when I play music to my Bluetooth speaker, a Sony XB30, the audio is choppy and it'll disconnect randomly. After it disconnects, it'll reconnect in about 30 seconds, but this didn't happen before the update. Do I just wait to see if it's an iOS 11 problem that gets fixed? I'd like to mention that I use Bluetooth in my car for music as well and that isn't affected.

    submitted by /u/Trevortmiller
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 won't update to ios11

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 03:01 PM PDT

    The update has downloaded but after the "Verifying Update" pop up I get a new pop up that says:

    " Unable to install update: An error occurred installing ios11"

    and the only options are "Retry" or "Remind me later". Have tried with phone fully charged, charging, and on various different wifi networks, I've got the same result every time, and I've tried roughly 15 times over the last 2 days or so. Please help!

    submitted by /u/Teaandcait
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 6s Plus not turning on

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 02:28 PM PDT

    My phone was working perfectly fine about an hour ago. I just happened to lock the phone as I received a message. I kept pressing the power button and my home button but neither brings up my screen. I'm calling it from my Galaxy 8 and I get several rings which leads me to believe my phone is still on but my iphone doesn't ring.

    Any ideas as to why this is happening?

    submitted by /u/This_Is_The_Life
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 6 Battery failing - repair or replace?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 11:53 AM PDT

    My iphone 6 battery lasts only a few hours. I've contacted Apple and they ran a remote diagnostics test that indicated it was failing and should be replaced. Is it worth it to get the battery replaced or will I have future issues and it won't last me very long?

    submitted by /u/melg5
    [link] [comments]

    Missing clear notifications button

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 11:15 AM PDT

    Hello. I got this glitch after updating to IOS11, I don't know if it's a feature or just a glitch since I've seen other people who still has it. It would be so stupid to remove the clear notifications button tbh. If it's a glitch then give me some solutions and hopefully someone else with the same bug will find this post useful. Here's exactly what's happening to me.

    https://youtu.be/DMDVch_Hiog

    Using an iPhone 6s, I'm also trying to post this on other subreddits to get some help Thanks.

    submitted by /u/memeturtle-
    [link] [comments]

    Weird Screen Issue

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 10:59 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm curious if anyone here has experienced something similar to this. Recently, my iPhone 6 has had some odd things happen with its screen. I've been having lines of distortion with light and color appear down the screen, which doesn't surprise me, as my phone has had its fair share of drops (plus some water damage) and I've found plenty of examples of similar issues. I have, however, had some more peculiar issues along with this. While parts of the screen were messed up with lines, other parts became a light grey color that was full of little sparkly dots. This looked kind of like outer space with light grey instead of black, like concrete with sparkly dots in it, and like static. This issue resolved itself (even though my screen continues to get lines of distortion), but I'm curious if anyone can tell me anything about this happening.

    submitted by /u/PremierPotentate
    [link] [comments]

    What will happen when I merge my iPhone and iPad safari data using iCloud?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 10:51 AM PDT

    I've never used iCloud before. If I sync up my safari data between my iPad and iPhone, when my iPad and iPhone have different bookmarks and favorites, what will happen? Will the two be merged together? I'm most curious about the favorites section that appears when I open a new tab.

    submitted by /u/Longent
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please recommend a LEGITIMATE, trusted piece of software for extracting data from an iPhone?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 10:16 AM PDT

    I feel lost here - whenever I try and research the best tools for extracting data from an iPhone, I'm met by websites that are obvious advertising cesspools and homepages for free products that just look... shady. I want something that's been reviewed by credible review sites and hasn't simply paid their way to the top, that's personally vouched for by the people of this sub and absolutely spotless when it comes to anything remotely questionable. The thought of giving some third party software access to my entire phone obviously freaks me out, and I want to do this right. I already bought a tool (iExplorer) for extracting the data from an iTunes backup before, but I ran into a technical problem and couldn't get a hold of the support team after trying multiple times for over a month, so I've decided to move on.

    submitted by /u/retgame
    [link] [comments]

    Restore Large Backup to Smaller iPhone (128 gb 7 to 64 gb 8))

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 09:53 AM PDT

    My 128 gb iPhone 7 bit the dust yesterday, refusing to go beyond the white startup screen with the black Apple logo. I was able to get it on once, just enough to delete some pics and make the backup smaller, and back up to both iTunes on my Windows laptop and iCloud.

    The 7 so far today refuses to go beyond the white startup screen. I am concerned when I get my 8 tomorrow or next week, the backup will be too big. I was using approx. 55.10 gb storage on the 128 gb 7.

    Will I be able to restore that backup to the new 64gb 8? My concern is that I didn't delete from the recently deleted pictures folder my deleted pics, and I should have, as I deleted about 1,500 photos.

    I don't mind if when restoring my backup, it makes me delete more pics (I still have about 22 gb photos), so long as I can pick the photos to be deleted. I have most pictures backed up to my hard drive, so if I have to delete another thousand or so pics I can do that without really losing them.

    So tl;dr: Will I be able to use this backup on my new smaller iPhone 8, and if it's too big will it at least give me the option of what I don't want to restore (ie, apps or specific pics or video)?

    Thank you for your assistance.

    submitted by /u/SpinsterTerritory
    [link] [comments]

    Wake up alarm stopped sounding until I updated my iOS

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 08:48 AM PDT

    I was wondering if anyone else has encountered a problem I've had with my phone the last 2 iOS updates. I have an iPhone SE, and it's about 18 months old.

    I've been putting off updating iOS 11 because I don't really care about that sort of thing much, but I finally did it this morning because my alarm (I use the bedtime alarm) stopped sounding. The alarm went still "went off", but it didn't make any noise (which I know because I happened to be awake and looking at my phone when it went off this morning.) This is also not the first time I've encountered this. It happened to me when I put off the last update as well, except that time, it never actually woke me and I overslept for work. These two instances are the only times that anything like this has ever happened. I've never had any issue with the alarm otherwise, and both times updating fixed the problem.

    Has anyone else encountered this issue, or had any other app on your phone stop working until you updated? I'm trying to figure out if this is just an issue with my phone, or if this is something that Apple does to get you to update.

    TL;DR: My wake up alarm stopped sounding (but still "went off") after putting off an iOS update. Updating fixed the problem. Has anyone else encountered this?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Quick_like_a_Bunny
    [link] [comments]

    Will my iphone 6s case fit an iphone 8?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 07:26 AM PDT

    Will my iphone 6s case fit an iphone 8?

    submitted by /u/MindExplosions
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s burning sensation

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 06:30 AM PDT

    Hi. This is a serious post, it's not a troll. I carry my iPhone in my front left pocket and more and more I am getting a burning sensation on my skin directly beneath it. When I get that feeling I take it out of my pocket and I can confirm that it's temperature isn't even warm. Yes it does warm up when I am using GPS and charging it but of course it is not in my pocket at that time. Also' I am careful to quit my GPS app when I'm done with it as I notice those apps are particularly hard on the battery. The phone typically has Bluetooth and Wifi working.

    I'm not an anti-tech or anti-vaccer or anything like that, I particularly like technology and gadgets and have a fair understanding of technology and science. That said, I am really puzzled here.

    Really, thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/AkMoDo
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 wi-fi connection constantly dropping after updating to iOS 11

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 01:57 AM PDT

    Posted this earlier in /r/iPhone, was unaware of this subreddit at the time so I'm trying here as well. So far I've had one comment on that thread, and it's from someone who's experiencing the same issue.

    I've never had this issue until I updated a few hours ago (iPhone 6). Connection to my home router is dropping for seemingly no reason. When I go to wi-fi settings I can see my home network in the list with full signal just like always, and from there I can manually reconnect (or just switch the CC toggle off/on), but it will eventually just drop again leaving me with just 4G. All other devices on my network are working fine.

    Massively annoying, especially as I'm currently trying to redownload everything thanks to iTunes no longer being a part of installing apps. I really wish the app downloads wouldn't start from the beginning every time the wi-fi fails.

    I have set it up as a new phone, not from a backup. Have tried hard resetting, forgetting/rejoining network, renewing lease, resetting network settings, resetting the router...

    Anyone else having this problem/know of any fixes?

    submitted by /u/KojakMoment
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any free keyloggers I can download on my iphone 6?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 05:41 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel