• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 24, 2017

    iPad Best iPad for screen quality?

    iPad Best iPad for screen quality?


    Best iPad for screen quality?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 05:43 AM PDT

    Out of the loop, having my iPad Air for so long. I remember hearing the screens changed and the newer ones were considered not so good, is that still the case? what's the opinion on the best screen version for iPad? Is it the Air 2? Is there a new iPad due this year?

    submitted by /u/humdrumer
    [link] [comments]

    Question for students using Goodnotes

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 11:20 AM PDT

    Hi, I start my university course tomorrow and plan on using Goodnotes 4 in my lectures. I'm just wondering; is it better (in your opinion) to have an entire module in one notebook with lots of bookmarks separating lectures? Or do you prefer having one notebook for each week?

    submitted by /u/f1rmino
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Chip Geekbench Comparison

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 09:59 AM PDT

    Device information Apple Chip GeekBench Just wanted to show the relative power difference between the iPad's. Also not seen, GPU metal scores IPad Air (A7) is around 550 iPad Air 2 (A8X) is around 7600 iPad (2017) (A9) is around 9900 iPad Pro 9.7" (A9x) is around 15000 iPad Pro 10.5" (A10X) is around 28000

    As you can see, the A10X found in the latest iPad Pros are significantly faster than the A9 and previous chipsets. That metal graphics score jump between the A7 and the A10X :O

    Is it worth the extra money?

    submitted by /u/dkimmortal
    [link] [comments]

    Files app not showing “On my iPad” (same on my iPhone)

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 05:14 AM PDT

    Can't seem to find any reference to this online, but the files app on my 10.5 pro and iPhone 7 is not showing any local storage at all.

    Anyone else had this issue?

    I was hopeful for a way to manually back up save games to google drive for example, but it seems that won't be possible...

    submitted by /u/Stev_Eric
    [link] [comments]

    Substitute for fully functional photoshop?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 08:08 AM PDT

    I recently picked up an iPad Pro 10.5 inch and have been scouring the App Store for something that would be along the lines of Photoshop but have come up with nil so far. Does anyone have suggestions for an app or am I just out of luck?

    submitted by /u/wcurl8
    [link] [comments]

    iPad mini 2 battery percentage doesn't increase when charging

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 07:17 AM PDT

    My ex-SO bought me an iPad mini a few months ago (meaning I don't have access to the warranties, or contact with the seller), but after a couple of weeks of use it doesn't charge properly anymore. It will charge and operate completely normally for a couple of weeks, and then on a seemingly random charge cycle, it shows the charging battery icon when plugged in but the percentage doesn't increase, even if i leave it charging overnight.

    I have tried a number of hard resets and complete restorations. I have also tried different charging cables and adaptors, as well as different wall sockets. Previously, it goes back to normal after a few days/a week of no use, but this time it hasn't done so.

    What are my options? I don't mind spending a bit of money on a new battery for example, if that would solve the issue. Many thanks!

    submitted by /u/frostbitevenom
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 11 on iPar Air Wi-Fi, should I get it or not?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 02:40 AM PDT

    I've always updated my iPad to the newest iOSes as soon as they were released so far. My concern is that there are so many negative reviews on iPad Air with iOS 11. Could anyone with an iPad Air with iOS 11 installed list the advantages and downsides of upgrading my iPad Air?

    submitted by /u/mbyun95
    [link] [comments]

    Best Recipe / Cooking Apps

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 03:16 AM PDT

    Hi folks - finally part of the iPad family. Using a 10.5 256GB model as a laptop replacement and loving it so far. Not loving how buggy the Reddit app is... this is my third time writing this post as it keeps on crashing.

    Anyway - I had a look through old posts for recommendations around this category, but wanted to see if there were any newer updates. What recipe storage / cooking apps do you use and why?

    I'm looking for a clean way to store recipes I've found online so they are all in one place. I saw Paprika mentioned a few times but the App Store reviews aren't great and it hasn't been updated in 10 months. If I'm paying £5 for an app then I want the developers to be working on it still!

    Bonus points for an app that allows you to have metric / UK-type measurements.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/bunfoo11
    [link] [comments]

    I tried iOS 11 on my iPad Mini 2 and didn't like it

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 05:25 AM PDT

    I'm using the GM since it was released for developers... My iPad Mini Battery was drained pretty quickly and it felt much much slower (at least 30% slower longer load times and overall very laggy).

    I thought it would be the GM and that I didn't reset the device. So after the final release of iOS 11 I did a full reset and had no improvement. So maybe my mini 2 is just to old. I think with 11.2 or something like that it will be much more useable.

    As iOS 11 brings not so many new features to the mini2 I stay at 10.3.3, because I need my ipad for university stuff and browsing the web on the couch. So I prefer long battery life and a more snappy experience over some new features. But I will really miss the dock, as it is a nice addition.

    submitted by /u/xanatori
    [link] [comments]

    Bug or intentional “Feature” of iOS 11 on first gen ipp12.9?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 05:00 AM PDT

    When opening the Today screen with my various widgets like news, Evernote, weather etc. when I try to scroll through the widgets to get to another one what ever widget I touch to scroll will open the full app as soon as I let go. For instance if I want to get to a widget near the bottom, I'll scroll on the news widget and as soon as I let go, the news app opens or if I scroll on Evernote's, Evernote's will open and I never get to the widgets near the bottom.

    submitted by /u/ItsDarts
    [link] [comments]

    Found an iPad Mini in the street. Screen is terribly cracked and the top part is a bit broken in but surprisingly it still turns on and charges. What are my options?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 03:04 PM PDT

    Deleting Episodes - Videos App U.K.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 05:50 AM PDT

    I've purchased season 10 of doctor Who from iTunes Store but after every episode there's like a doctor who extra video. Is there any way to delete these individual episode?

    Also bonus question! I purchased Game of Thrones S1-6 on sale before S7 and they appear nicely under one folder. If I buy S7 down the line will it appear as a separate tile or add itself underneath my S1-6 box set.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/batman23578
    [link] [comments]

    any disadvantages in buying a 2 year old Ipad Pro over a current one?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 12:19 AM PDT

    a local shop here has a refurb ipad pro (12 inch) for about 600 usd, but it's from 2 years ago (and missing a box and cables)

    they also have a refurb ipad pro (9.7?) for about 500 and it is from last year

    any significant differences in the screen or apple pencil input?

    I mostly intend to use it as a pdf annotator.

    or should I just spend a bit more and get a new one?

    submitted by /u/LeBronBryantJames
    [link] [comments]

    Do I really need a 10.5 pro?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 06:51 AM PDT

    So I simply can't decide between the 10.5 pro or the discontinued 9.7 pro. I'm not really looking to do many pro tasks. My priorities are Video/Movies Reading comics, books Gaming

    I would go with the cheaper 2017 iPad but the gap in the screen bothers me. The 9.7 has less ram than the 10.5 which bothers me in some strange unconscious way. I'm also a little concerned about how future proof the 9.7 pro is since its already technically obsolete. I plan on using the tablet for long term. I don't plan on buying any accessories besides maybe a case. I'd appreciate any advice. thank you!

    submitted by /u/wakiyaku11
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro 10.5 non apple case

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 05:31 PM PDT

    For those that don't use the apple case on your iPad, which case do you use? Let's see them!

    submitted by /u/longtalltechsan
    [link] [comments]

    iPad pro 10.5 inch version with bad quality control

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 08:09 PM PDT

    I upgraded my 2017 iPad to an iPad pro 10.5 inch version last night. When I got home and set it up, I found a dead pixel. This morning, I went back to a local Apple store to exchange it. However they exchanged one after another, 4 iPad pro in total, for me to finally get a good one. Basically I opened three new iPad pro with dead pixels in a row. I did not expect it. The quality control is bad. It felt really really bad.

    submitted by /u/wallace_cheng
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth Stylus for 2017 iPad

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 09:07 PM PDT

    I am looking for a stylus for the 9.7 2017 iPad. Before you post the "get the iPad Pro and Apple pencil!" comments- hear me out. I am a college student. I just needed a basic iPad to do basic work on. I am not an artist or any designer shit. I have no use for the Pro. I just want a stylus that can take decent written notes.

    submitted by /u/madeyefire
    [link] [comments]

    What do you folks use for writing/editing mark down files that sit on iCloud Drive?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 03:44 PM PDT

    So I primarily use Bear on my mac for writing day to day notes at work. Occasionally Notes itself for little checklists and such that I want to be able to read on my phone as well. Though I write things like game design docs, and larger project notes on my mac or my windows PC. I put these in iCloud drive so i can access them on any platform.

    Apps like Editorial and IAWriter can access stuff on iCloud in its own folder, but i cant seem to simply browse icloud drive and edit with them. Tried 1Writer which lists exporting/importing from icloud drive, but i couldnt find where in the app it has that.

    submitted by /u/agmcleod
    [link] [comments]

    Battery life with 12.9 iPad Pro

    Posted: 23 Sep 2017 05:24 PM PDT

    How is your battery life since using iOS 11?

    I'm getting roughly 8 hours of use on a full working day.

    submitted by /u/ExoticSword
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel