• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 26, 2017

    Apple Help Right side of my earpods wont work!

    Apple Help Right side of my earpods wont work!


    Right side of my earpods wont work!

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 09:24 PM PDT

    So yeah the right side does work, but only the sound of bass or whatever it is of the music but whenever i try to push the center button in the remote of it the sound comes back to normal... i tried opening it but i dont know how to fix it or i i might just get it worse... so anyone wanna help me here? thanks

    submitted by /u/daryl2000
    [link] [comments]

    I boot up my mac in target disk mode and it get stuck in firmware password forever. Can you help me?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 07:38 PM PDT

    I boot up my mac in target disk mode and it get stuck in firmware password forever. Can you help me? I'm not trying to bypass it, I just need to disable target disk boot over and over again.

    https://imgur.com/a/YnWov

    MacBook Pro 13 (Retina) Late 2012 macOS Sierra

    submitted by /u/efgm1024
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 home button problems

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 07:29 PM PDT

    Just this weekend, my home button shit the bed. On Saturday and Sunday, touch ID was very shoddy and eventually stopped working on Sunday, with the message "touch id cannot be enabled on this phone" when i restart the phone, and when trying to set up touch ID it would say setup failed and to try again.

    Monday was a whole other shit show. The home button itself started not working half the time and at this point doesn't work at all.

    My question is, is there a way to fix this, or do i have to go on an expedition to the Apple store?

    It is a regular 6, not s or plus

    submitted by /u/scumsuckinglandlord
    [link] [comments]

    Safari glitching on animations?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 07:14 PM PDT

    For lack of better description. See attached screen recording-

    https://imgur.com/TlTvzks

    Safari does this weird 'glitching' on animated content. But only sometimes. I noticed it earlier on Gfycat, and now on Apple's iPhone X website.

    Here's another example from /r/GifRecipes -- both inline animations are Gfycat images; one works, the other glitches? https://imgur.com/a/PKevL

    Any idea on the cause and/or solution?

    submitted by /u/caphis
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro problem with Bluetooth Pairing of Beats Solo 3 Wireless.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 10:35 PM PDT

    Hi /r/Applehelp, I recently had started having trouble with my MacBook Pro (2017 15" TB 2.9 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM, 512 SSD, Radeon 560 GPU running macOS Sierra 10.12.6) pairing properly with my Beats Solo 3 Wireless. For some reason, it shows up in the Bluetooth menu, but it does so with no name. Sound and everything works, but just yesterday it had it "Name's Beats Solo 3" and now it won't show up, and there's a blank space where the name should be. For whatever reason the name shows up just fine on my iPhone when pairing, so what's the deal? Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/mini-actualsize
    [link] [comments]

    Lost phone

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 09:45 PM PDT

    Is there anyway to find my Phone if I didn't have the "find my iPhone" app enabled?

    submitted by /u/Red_leaf96
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5S won't backup on iTunes or iCloud

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 08:53 PM PDT

    All I want to do is install the new iOS. I downloaded it to my computer, plugged in my phone, and it gave me the error I'd see every time I tried something new to fix it:

    iTunes could not back up the iPhone "Fireborn364's iPhone" because an error occurred while reading from or writing to the iPhone.

    I've tried everything I could reasonably do: I reinstalled iTunes, attempted to restore previous backups, deleted previous backups, tried iCloud and my computer for the backup, restarted both my phone and my computer multiple times, updated every app on my phone, and nothing has come of it. Right now my phone is running iOS 10.3.3, with plenty of space for the update (2.43 GB) so I'm really stumped here. Any help is immensely appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Fireborn364
    [link] [comments]

    How do I clean install w/o internet?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 08:44 PM PDT

    I just got a MacBook Pro 13" 2014 from my uncle, and it still has all my cousin's stuff on it. I went into the recovery to try and reinstalling Yosemite, but I have very slow internet here and the time estimate says 17hrs. And some areas still say 'Cousin's' MacBook Pro(he used it for a couple days apparently).

    Is there any way to just get the laptop to go to how it was, i.e. a simple factory reset? Or something similar? Any suggestions are welcome.

    submitted by /u/TheFattie
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] Accessing Old iPhone

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 08:25 PM PDT

    A while ago i broke my iPhone 5S screen terribly. all thats left of the screen is a jumble of pixels and lines. i want to get all the pictures and videos off of it but i need to allow my computer access to the iPhone but i cant see the screen to click Trust. is there anyway i can bypass this and get the pictures off of the phone? Last iOS version i remember being on it is iOS 10

    submitted by /u/gagerill9
    [link] [comments]

    Mystery substance around Macbook charging port

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 11:40 AM PDT

    Hey everyone! I have a bit of a mystery (I think).

    This is a new-ish Macbook Air 13, just purchased in June of this year. Meticulously cared for, no spills, no drops, it's on a desk 90% of the time. And I'll reiterate again - I do not believe that this was a spill or other contamination, despite what it looks like.

    There seems to be a brown, sticky substance on the charging plug and inside the charging port as well. See pics. I did some searching and found that others have had similar issues:

    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/rust-corrosion-around-charger-port.1931289/

    https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/120094/what-is-this-brown-sticky-residue-in-my-macbook-pro-charge-port

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5626660?tstart=0

    but I haven't seen any causes or definitive solutions.

    I'm taking it to the Genius Bar, but wondering if anyone else has ever seen this?

    Pics: https://i.imgur.com/qZdq0ve.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/X2rVNgb.jpg

    submitted by /u/Jeffbx
    [link] [comments]

    Hello white question mark folder!

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 08:22 PM PDT

    I have the flashing question mark folder on my mid 2007 iMac. I have tried every trouble shooting found on Google and even called apple support. (No help) I can access disk utility from the installation disk. it doesn't recognize the hard drive so I could not reinstall OS. I managed to get things working for a short while by reformatting an external hard drive and installing leopard then snow leopard and finally el captain. Things workdd for a bit but the folder with the question mark is back. If I turn the computer off, unplug the external hard drive, plug it back in and turn it back on it will start up but just freeze and won't work. If I restart or turn off then back on the folder is back. Can anyone help? I am willing to open it up and replace parts of someone can tell me what's wrong.

    submitted by /u/nicolempower28
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air will not recognise projector when connected

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 08:03 PM PDT

    Hey all, I went into class today with my MacBook all ready to go but it wouldn't recognise the projector it's plugged into. This has now happened in 3 different classrooms with 3 different projectors. It has been 100% fine for the past 4 weeks with the exact same projectors but for some reason it doesn't work all of a sudden. I have tried restarting, resetting PRAM and using a different lightning - VGA adaptor but still no luck. Anyone able to help me out?

    MacBook Air, 13 inch early 2015 OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6 Using a lightning to VGA adaptor to connect to projector.

    Another issue is it's a British laptop and I'm in China, no idea if an Apple Store would be able to help me (if I could even find one).

    submitted by /u/roaccutane
    [link] [comments]

    [Urgent] Critical error after high Sierra update

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 07:37 PM PDT

    I have no idea what is going on. I clicked the document of the finder:/Users/seomyunggong/Desktop/스크린샷 2017-09-27 오전 10.24.28.png

    submitted by /u/FlemingGuy
    [link] [comments]

    A relatively simple task for FCPX that I want to get done in Automator....but is it impossible due to the nature of the task?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 07:37 PM PDT

    Hi there. I'm using the latest FCPX version on my Mac laptop.

    What I want to do is.....okay, so what I do is I take a video file and separate it into short chunks of speech a few seconds in length.

    I want to take all of those clips, and make them play four times instead of one.

    And it just moves on toward the next clip, playing four times, and that's it.

    The purpose of this involves transcribing what I hear with less long-term mental strain, and less backpedaling, since I can only type at about a quarter of the speed of human speech even.

    And no, reducing the speed to 25% just makes it unintelligble and isn't actually easier.

    I tried experimenting with Automator and it didn't work out. I tried reducing things to a simple keyboard strain, (copy, down, paste paste paste, select next clip), but Automator seems to always want to involve the mouse for some reason, making things pretty wacky. Not to mention "select clip"'s button is extremely unreliable, since apparently if the mouse, playhead, or "phantom playhead" thing is in a certain spot, the "next clip" will either be selected or the one the spot where the play button was last pushed. I can't seem to get a "keyboard only solution" even if the Automator claims to allow just that. Erasing all inputs in the Record outside of the line that says "press these buttons" doesn't help, especially since it doesn't even admit to the down key having been pressed? Typical asinine Apple stuff....

    So basically, I want to make a video where the clips in the timeline are split like ABCDE, and I want the video to show AAAABBBBCCCCDDDDEEEE.

    Is there a FCPX trick I can do to mass-copy the split pieces in the timeline, but sequentially?

    It really sucks, because it's completely obvious what I'm trying to do here, but it may be that there is indeed no way to program this without some uber hacking stuff.

    Thank you for your help out there.

    submitted by /u/MBTHVSK
    [link] [comments]

    Spinning Data icon all the time...

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 07:22 PM PDT

    iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11.0.1. Sometimes the data transmission icon on the top left just keeps spinning. Noticed this on 11 too. Tried network settings reset. Tried airplane mode toggle. Tried WiFi and data off. Only thing that works is power down then back on. Everything is closed out and nothing should be using any data. I'm fairly convinced it's just stuck for some reason. Maybe a bug? Anyone else experiencing this? Did not happen on my 6S Plus with iOS 11. Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/mrcoffee1985
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 11 changed the functionality of my Bluetooth keyboard. Is there a fix or workaround?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 08:46 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    iPad Pro 9.7 with a Logitech K380 Bluetooth keyboard. Before the iOS 11 update, the quote/double-quote key on my keyboard sent a quote or double-quote character, as one would expect. Since the update, it now sends a Unicode U+2019 instead of a single quote and a Unicode U+201C instead of a double-quote. This is making it infuriating to SSH in to Linux boxes for work with Termius and use things like GNU screen, because they're all expecting ASCII quote/double-quote characters, not Unicode characters. I have to alternate between the physical keyboard and Termius' on-screen keyboard shortcuts every time I need to type one of these characters, which is quite often.

    Does anyone know how I can fix or workaround this issue? I tried setting shortcuts in Settings->General->Keyboards->Text Replacement, but it didn't work; if I type one of the characters in question, iOS does not suggest the completion I set up.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mdm_
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s was updated to iOS 11 and WiFi turns on by itself?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 07:05 PM PDT

    Anyone know if this is a common issue? Any thoughts on how to resolve it? Turning it off and on can't be it...

    submitted by /u/SN00P1
    [link] [comments]

    Login screen shows old wallpaper, how do I get rid of it?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 06:57 PM PDT

    I bought a MacBook Air in 2015 and am currently running Sierra. I set a wallpaper when I first bought it. Now, I have changed my wallpaper many times but it still shows the old wallpaper on a login screen sometimes.

    For example, if I turn off my laptop and turn it back on.

    • The first screen is black with apple logo and progress bar
    • The second screen is login with my first wallpaper (from when I bought it)
    • The third screen is login with my current wallpaper
    • The fourth screen is the desktop with my current wallpaper.

    My question is, how do I make it stop showing my original/first wallpaper on that first login screen? I really don't want to see the image of my original wallpaper. Please help!

    submitted by /u/Molayooooo
    [link] [comments]

    How do I stash large files on iCloud without having them sync back onto all my devices-- in effect defeating my purpose for iCloud?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 06:54 PM PDT

    Hello r/Applehelp,

    To shed a little more light on my problem, I like iCloud syncing things like documents and photos between my devices, but I have some giant files, such as backups from other computers, that I would like to just stash in the cloud, without them being on any of my physical drives.

    If I'm on my MacBook for instance, and I'm dragging one of these giant files into the iCloud folder, how do I make it distinguish between something that should be synced and something that should simply be stashed, and removed completely from all physical drives? I know the answer to this must be simple but it's somehow eluding me.

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Ken_Pen
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t updated to High Sierra “recovery servers could not be contacted”

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 06:54 PM PDT

    Trying to update my Late 2013 MBP (2.8ghz i7) to High Sierra but I'm getting this error message from the MacOS installer, any help?

    Error message: https://i.imgur.com/qlnVlEQ.png

    My computer specs: https://i.imgur.com/mOPGl4L.png

    submitted by /u/LastThief
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone not connecting to wifi. Details below!

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 06:43 PM PDT

    First time poster, and posting on behalf of a friend. Her iPhone 6 is not connecting to wifi, at all. The option to connect is not even an option. She is unable to select a network, and she has tried to whole "reset via resetting the network settings" and that has gotten her nowhere. She is running 10.3.3. I figured since I have gotten help for other things on Reddit, this would be a great place! If anyone needs more information just let me know and I will try my best to get it!

    submitted by /u/King_Crapper55
    [link] [comments]

    High Sierra removed 2560X1080 resolution from the display settings, my ultra wide is not working as it should now. Please help.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 06:40 PM PDT

    macOS High Sierra -- Siri's voice did NOT upgrade

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 11:04 AM PDT

    I updated without issue to macOS High Sierra. However, Siri's voice is still the old mechanical voice from Sierra.

    I realize that the new voice is actually not included with High Sierra, but rather is updated in the background. I've left my MacBook Pro powered on, plugged in and connected to WiFi for hours... but still no voice upgrade.

    I've switched to various other voices (American Male, etc.) and back to American Female and still no voice upgrade.

    Anyone else experiencing this?

    UPDATE: I did a full High Sierra reinstall and it STILL doesn't work.

    Failed attempts:

    • Disable Siri, reboot, enable Siri

    • Switch voices to and from American Female

    • Test with an alternate user account (Guest)

    • SMC reset

    • Leave the MacBook plugged in and powered on and wait for the update

    • Ask Siri questions, wait, ask again, wait, ask again...

    ... nothing triggers the voice update.

    This is a Late 2016 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, 256 GB, 8 GB RAM.

    submitted by /u/vestpocket
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 stuck on "Verifying Update" when trying to do a software update to iOS 11

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 05:58 PM PDT

    I have tried turning the screen on and off, powering off the phone, and resetting the phone by holding both major buttons down.

    I do not intend on plugging my phone into the computer.

    Help

    submitted by /u/MGSCG
    [link] [comments]

    How does the iPhone 8 Plus fit in jean pockets?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 05:45 PM PDT

    I like to skateboard and I'm worried if the phone will be too big and be annoying in pockets.

    submitted by /u/zaale
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel