• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 11, 2021

    Apple Help 2020 M1 Macbook Pro Resolution

    Apple Help 2020 M1 Macbook Pro Resolution


    2020 M1 Macbook Pro Resolution

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 06:43 PM PST

    Hey, I bought ultrawide 34 inch monitor, but it doesn't work well with my 2020 M1 Macbook Pro. The screen is stretched. Does anyone know how to turn on resolution for 21:9 monitors (2560x1080 or 3440x1440) on 2020 M1 Macbook? I bought application named SwitchResX but unfortunately it didn't work for me. :\

    submitted by /u/miesiu
    [link] [comments]

    I sold my MacBook, and I’m wondering if my buyer could get my personal information through the serial number

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 12:53 PM PST

    I sold it several days ago. I'm very cautious with my privacy. Before selling it, I erased all my files and logged out all of my account. Is there still a way to get any of my personal info through the serial number, imei number or anything else? Or could I say that once I sold it, it no longer had any relationship with me? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Ordenhide_Chumushida
    [link] [comments]

    Power Adapter: Asia to Canada

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 10:11 PM PST

    If I purchase a M1 Macbook Air in Malaysia and come to Canada with it, is there any difference whatsoever with the laptop from Malaysia compared to the same model purchased in Canada? If the only difference with it is the power adapter, can I purchase a Canadian power adapter and use that to power the laptop? Or should I be concerned about anything else?
    Thank you

    submitted by /u/avidrunner84
    [link] [comments]

    Middle of iPad not registering touch, didn’t drop it or have it in contact with water

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 10:08 PM PST

    I can't type properly, (especially "t", i have to type click the edges of the key), and i can't play games properly either. When i turn it off and on quickly it works better for a short while idk why, and sometimes its fine sometimes its not?? idk what's going on

    submitted by /u/ashtxh
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 shutting off at night

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 09:49 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I have an iPhone 12, iOS 15.0.2 and I've been finding that sometimes when I check my phone in the middle in the night (keep in mind that it is plugged in to charge overnight) that it has turned off. At first I thought it was maybe due to my charging brick as it wasn't an apple one, but I recently switched back to using an apple brick and cable and it is still occasionally shutting off. I only started to think this was odd after this morning, when my phone alarm was going off, but when I went to hush it, I noticed that the phone was powered down. I had to hold down the sleep button for the phone to power on to then turn off the alarm. I also noticed that the phone said the battery was at 100%. I am not sure if this is maybe a hardware related issue, but wondering if anyone might know where to go from here.

    submitted by /u/fluffy__chinchilla
    [link] [comments]

    Voice memo time stamp

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 09:39 PM PST

    Does anyone know how to figure out what exact time you started a voice memo? After the days over all it tells you is the day you recorded a memo but doesn't tell you the time stamp

    submitted by /u/IntrovertedAlien3
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Photos and storage

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 05:49 PM PST

    We're having a ton of trouble with Photos lately, and my wife is at her wits end (which puts me well past that by proxy).

    Her total library size is about 500GB. On her MBA with a 240GB drive, we keep running into "not enough storage" warnings, despite doing the separate APFS volume with Optimize storage checked.

    What are we doing wrong here? How are you guys managing your 500G/1TB photo libraries?

    submitted by /u/Reddfish
    [link] [comments]

    Hide My Email is not forwarding any emails.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 10:06 AM PST

    Hi! I registered to a lot of websites using my Apple ID and I selected the option of Hide My Email.

    Yesterday, I had trouble with a website and they sent me emails to verify my identity. They tried sending me a couple of emails and I didn't receive any of them. They don't seem to be forwarded to the forwarding address I set up with HME. I tried changing the forwarding address but it doesn't work. I also tried to send emails myself to the email generated by HME and nothing. I tried sending messages to 5 or 6 other emails generated by HME (other websites I registered with Apple ID) and none of them forwarded the email.

    Is anyone having the same problem? Is there a solution?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/normadcigario
    [link] [comments]

    Track Changes "disabled" in Pages?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 05:00 PM PST

    I'm working on a document for a client, and I can no longer turn on Track Changes. The little slider button in the upper right corner won't stay on. It just slides back to "Paused." If I want to "Turn Off Track Changes" then I need to reject or accept all the changes, and I don't want to do that. Track Changes worked in this document last week.

    Something similar happened to me in a different document, but instead of not being able to turn on Track Changes, I couldn't turn it off. It was stuck in the On position.

    The slider won't stay \"On\"

    • 2015 13" MacBook Pro
    • MacOS Big Sur 11.4
    • Pages 11.2

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Crispy_Fish_Fingers
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV failure?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 08:42 PM PST

    Ok, this might seem quite silly since I seem to be overlooking something very obvious, but I've just bought apple tv so I could stream a certain film. But the cast icon doesn't show whatever I do.. I've unplugged my Modem and checked my internet connection, I also tried casting with Netflix, Prime, NPO, Videoland and everything works. So I thought ok, I'll purchase the movie instead (we're desperate by now) but the cast item STILL doesn't show??? I really don't get what I am doing wrong, since I now purchased the movie separately on top of paying for the subscription. How I am I suppose to watch it apart from my phone/laptop???

    I downloaded Chrome and went to the Apple-tv website, but I can't find the search bar nor a button to go to my profile to see what I (just) purchased. I am sorry if this is a silly question, I feel like the answer should be right in front of me, but I really can't find it??? Please help!

    EDIT: I'm on a MacBook Air (2020) and iPhone 11.

    submitted by /u/Glitter_Prins
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to remove the time from Apple Watch apps?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 08:36 PM PST

    Disk0 OSX Base System error

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 02:36 PM PST

    I tried installing an old os, that appeared to be to old for the SSD I am using. It now only starts to a prohibit symbol. When I try to fix the problem I can not see my disk in the disk utility. I only have disk0 and OS X basesystem. please help me out, this is driving me crazy… thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/K0ning
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know why one of my episodes won't display as watched?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 08:28 PM PST

    I have a season pass to Supergirl season 6 and one of the episodes which is weirdly listed as episode "200" won't be listed as watched even though I watched through it twice now. It's kind of annoying. Anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/superpowers335
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Mail rules are duplicated

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 03:33 PM PST

    I tried to create a rule in my iCloud email but I saw that I had 500 rules already created. I reviewed the rules and noticed that my rules are being duplicated sometimes a rule is showing up 3 times. Has anyone else had this issue? Ive tried going one by one and deleting them but that's getting tedious.

    Pictures attached.

    https://preview.redd.it/lfij7wjwu1z71.png?width=984&format=png&auto=webp&s=6c6ea29768f894807eab94e5b4832e7004a6f23c

    https://preview.redd.it/bmxn9nevu1z71.png?width=970&format=png&auto=webp&s=15cb2bfc2b1a9f9df2a74d70ce7efa2d5e171623

    submitted by /u/navislut
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know a fix for this?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 07:09 PM PST

    Old iPad 4 with old Apple ID

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 07:04 PM PST

    So my mom has this iPad 4 from 2012 (she found it in a couple boxes around 2 weeks ago) this iPad has her old Apple ID and password, she doesn't remember her password and the Apple ID doesn't seem to exist in the Apple system, I thought that maybe doing a factory reset using 3utools would let me fix this but now it's stuck on the activation menu asking for the Apple ID and password. I've tried jailbreaking it so that I can bypass that, but iPad 4 isn't supported. Is there anything I can do?

    submitted by /u/Epicdm37
    [link] [comments]

    Contacts Sync to a different phone with a different apple ID

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 06:47 PM PST

    Please help! So my phone was a hand-me-down from someone else, but I logged out of their apple ID account and it is now registered as mine.

    But all of the contacts I add/delete on my phone are connected to the old apple ID that was once on my phone before I logged out of that

    How do i stop this?

    submitted by /u/Cv1ml
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone stuck in recovery mode

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 06:22 PM PST

    Yesterday i decided to try to update my iphone 6s plus to ios 15.1, but when I tried on the phone it said unable to download update. After that i hooked it up to my windows computer and I tried to update it, once again, it said unable to update, then it told me i would have to factory reset my phone. I tried to do that too but it also told me it was unable to do so. So I cant reset it or update it, its just stuck on support.apple/phone/restore .

    submitted by /u/monotonorobo
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 7 wont turn on, its been 2 months - what can i do?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 06:17 PM PST

    My friend's iphone 7 all of sudden wont turn on. She's tried the options on the web but it still hasnt resolved it. We thought it may be the charger but she changed chargers and it still wont turn on.

    Anyone from Apple that can help? She's a college student in the middle of nowhere so she can't go to the apple store.

    submitted by /u/cheeseluver95
    [link] [comments]

    I dropped weigth on my Iphone and now some features dont work

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 06:00 PM PST

    So basically while working out I dropped a 25lb weight on my phone, there is a little green pixel on the right, the tactile top part doesnt work anymore and I cant use my data and other fonctions. Is there any way to fix it ?

    submitted by /u/momoniketamaman
    [link] [comments]

    Finder shows External Drive Beach Ball keeps files from showing

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 05:36 PM PST

    I have a Seagate Drive; and I've always been able to plug in to the MBP, and the drive name pops up in Finder, and I see the contents, and I can drag them off onto desktop. I can't put anything ON it due to formatting; but Finder always showed it, and I could drag them off.

    I've tried a few times now, and saw them once, but couldn't access due to Beach Ball.

    Any idea why? Maybe due to a new hard drive and Monterey?

    submitted by /u/brinkeguthrie
    [link] [comments]

    Print queue doesn't clear an item once finished.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 05:35 PM PST

    So I just got a Brother QL1110NWB thermal label printer. So i printed a 4x6 shipping label and it printed successfully wirelessly, but once it finished the item stayed in the queue saying waiting for job to finish. thus it never ends up printing the next labels until i go in and clear them as they complete manually.

    submitted by /u/OsmiumOG
    [link] [comments]

    Pages issues - it's not working like iBooks Author

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 05:20 PM PST

    I've been using the app iBooks Author for years. I adore it. I've probably got nearly 100,000 words written on it. I don't have pages on my MacBook Air and I'm so glad because I've come across a very annoying issue.

    On iBooks I can click the plus and add a chapter to my document, then everything I write is in that one section and any text automatically goes to the next page. It makes it very easy to scroll though and find things. I can't find a document on Pages with this option. I use Classic on iBooks. I can't use Pages unless it works like that or every single thing I write is going to need its own document and that's just not going to work.

    (Basically I make a chapter. All text in the chapter don't show up in the left sidebar. You scroll right to read what you've written)

    Please help. My Google fu is failing me. Also, why the hell can't Pages open my iBook Author files? Freaking sucks. It's going to take me a long time to transfer everything over if my MBA dies.

    submitted by /u/Zanki
    [link] [comments]

    iOS keeps prompting to update contact

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 05:20 PM PST

    I'm new to iOS. I have a contact who i talk to on slack imessage etc. But at least every day or every two days when they message me on slack I get this prompt. I click update contact and it keeps coming back day after day.

    Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

    https://preview.redd.it/t3f3nx7hg2z71.jpg?width=1242&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8052cef34ba8bce1c72f694ad278261a62a2feeb

    submitted by /u/ttsoldier
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel