• Breaking News

    Monday, October 4, 2021

    iPhone iOS15 finally lets you report App Store scams

    iPhone iOS15 finally lets you report App Store scams


    iOS15 finally lets you report App Store scams

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 05:33 AM PDT

    iPhone 13 deliveries delayed by COVID outbreaks in Vietnam: report

    Posted: 03 Oct 2021 04:40 PM PDT

    Filmic Pro adds ProRes Video capture to iPhone 13 pro and pro max

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 08:33 AM PDT

    iPhone 13 PM Leather Case

    Posted: 03 Oct 2021 05:12 PM PDT

    Anyone else think the durability of this year's case is a little… trashy? I'm already on my second case and it already peeled and has indents. I baby the hell out of my phone, I don't drop it at all, I put it down gently every time (and on its face) and I keep it separate in it's own pocket from everything else.

    submitted by /u/LongLiveTurtles
    [link] [comments]

    Android Guys Experience/Review of Moving to iPhone 13 Pro/iOS

    Posted: 03 Oct 2021 01:24 PM PDT

    Setting the Scene (Optional Read):
    To preface, I at one point used to be an iPhone user starting and ending with the iPhone 4S back in 2012. The industrial design and quality of it was of course legendary but the phone did show its age VERY quickly in the 2 years I owned it. Updating iOS was a big mistake as each update kept slowing down the phone considerably and most tasks were impossible to do after each one. On top of the very crappy battery life (even after a battery replacement) and small screen, I decided to move to Android, which then began my 6 year long journey of just owning Android devices. Only until this year when Apple announced the 13 lineup did I decide that it was time to move back.

    The Review of My Experience:
    I got my iPhone 13 Pro a week ago and after a week of using it for that amount of time, there are a few things that irk me about iPhone & iOS that make me miss Android but they pale in comparison to all the things that iPhone & iOS get right that make me dislike Android.

    - Design Language:
    One reason I finally moved back to iPhone is because of the current design. The squared look (similar to the 4S/5 and the current iPads) is my favourite design language of any smartphone. The previous models that had the rounded edges didn't appeal to me at all. In that regard, no Android phone in my opinion even comes close to such a design.

    On top of the design, the material choice is just on par (for me at least) to being superlative. The continuous stainless steel band around the phone (aside from the plastic bits for antenna bands) with two sandwiched glass panels on either side with the back having this very pleasant feeling matte texture (that I like to just run my fingers on every now and then) is just amazing. When I opened the box and held it in my hand I literally said out loud "HOLY SHIT!" from the premium feeling of the phone. I'm not at all used to this feeling with Android phones. Even the great weight contributes to the premium feeling. I can see why some don't like the heaviness but for me it's the greatest feeling ever.

    - Operating System:
    Moving from Android to iOS is definitely a great departure and requires a learning curve but as I once have used iOS before in the past, and with a good chunk of the navigation unchanged, it felt like moving back to a familar place that you once were but left long ago to pursue other endeavours. Another contributor to me moving to Android was that there were many issues and downfalls that iOS had that Android didn't seem to have; making it all more enticing to move over to Android.

    Though, iOS has greatly improved in the 6 Operating System generations I've missed; it fixed vast majority of the issues and downfalls I had once had. The OS is SMOOTH. It is REALLY smooth. So smooth that it feels weird. I'm more used to Androids inconsistency and intermittent lag spikes. The notification center has greatly improved since I last used it. It's somewhat on par with Androids, though with some differences. I've gotten used to it already and it serves its purpose; delivering my notifications.

    - 120Hz:
    It goes without saying that one of the few features missing from iPhone that were keeping fellow Andriod users such as myself from moving to iPhone was that GLORIOUS 120Hz display. It's like a fucking drug. Once you try it out, you'll always be coming back for more of it and you won't want to go to anything else.

    FINALLY Apple has listened and added a 120Hz display to their pro phones. From my week of experience with it. The ramp up and down of the 10Hz to 120Hz is very seemless. Unlike on the Android side where most phones with 120Hz, you could only choose between keeping it on or leaving it on 60Hz with no dynamic change done (though some models do have that now but it's janky/laggy). Apple's implementation of it is very smooth and polished as I would expect.

    - App Exclusivity, Performance & Design Continuity:
    I appreciate that there is limited selection in the App Store which is weird to say I realize (ofc some will view it differently). In my own personal belief, giving the customer too much choice is never a good thing as they will always feel like they could've chosen something better. In the case of the App Store, it seems that Apple vetts their apps slightly better than Google does (I say slightly as there are some apps here and there that cause trouble on the app store). With more vetted apps, that means better quality control. Better quality control means less troublesome apps. Of course this does not mean they don't still exist on the app store, but I appreciate their somewhat one leg up on the Play Store in that regard.

    The disparity in performance of iOS apps compared to their Android counterparts should be illegal. For the 6 years I've been on Android, I've never been happy about the performance of apps. Whether a fact or just some level of justification, it looks like iOS apps are much more catered towards than Android ones. For example, the iOS Spotify app is leagues better than the one on Android in performance and certain UI design choices. And I notice that this goes for a good number of apps I've download in the past few days. I appreciate it as I'm now part of the iOS team but do wish that my fellow Android compatriots would get similar treatment. Oh well such is life; one end is surely to get the short end of the stick.

    This kind of goes back to my Design Language but Apple's continuity of design amongst all their apps is just an amazing sight. My gripe with Android apps is that they all look different from each other. There is no continuity in design with Android or at the very least very far and few in between. I love that I go from one app to another on iOS and the look of one app pretty much looks very similar to another one with minor changes here there, but with overall design pretty much the same as the last. You can argue that this stiffles good design innovation but I will argue back that it should be like that.

    - Battery Life:
    Ooh boy, this is a big one. The battery life on my iPhone is just GOOD. It's so good that I'm just amazed. A good representation of how good it is is that I left my phone not charging when sleeping. I woke up the next morning expecting at least 10-20% of my battery gone for being idle all night due to my experience with Android phones. BUT to my surprise, the battery level only dropped 3% through the whole night. That is just incredible. On top of the fact that I can get 6-8 hours of screen on time from just on charge with like 10-12 hours of idle time is just WOW. With an Android phone, I'd be charging it at 2 times a week, and that was with a 4000-5000 mAh battery. Jesus christ.

    submitted by /u/SurealGod
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 13pro VS 11pro camera comparison for photo geeks

    Posted: 03 Oct 2021 10:18 PM PDT

    Apple to disable auto iPhone 13 Pro macro mode after ‘jitter’ complaint

    Posted: 03 Oct 2021 01:21 PM PDT

    Can someone tell me why I’m seeing a blank option for airdrop?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2021 08:35 PM PDT

    How long have u had ur current iphone and what is ur current battery health?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2021 04:19 PM PDT

    Iphone 12 pro, 6 months, 96 % health

    submitted by /u/skylerdick090200
    [link] [comments]

    [Vote] What's the most revolutionary technology introduced by iPhone?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    Thoughts on using non-MagSafe compatible cases?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2021 09:12 PM PDT

    I'll be upgrading from the iPhone 6 to the 13 pro this week (I'm very very excited), and am torn between two main cases:

    The incipio Optum case which has the main selling points of: 16ft drop protection, cooling vents and graphene interior, antimicrobial, and recycled. You can magsafe charge with the case, but I don't believe there are magnets built in, so don't think you can use it on a car mount or anything.

    Then there's the Nomad Modern Leather case I'm considering, which has 6 ft of drop protection, no cooling vents or graphene, but has magnets built in (and looks really nice, being leather).

    I will likely be using my phone for a fair bit of gaming and video recording/editing, so the cooling features are interesting! On the contrary, I don't plan on using MagSafe to charge my phone, but was wondering what your thoughts are on other MagSafe accessories, and if I'd miss having that compatibility.

    TL:DR, which MagSafe functionality/accessories do you use most, what're your thoughts on 'cooling' cases, and if you have any general case recommendations for the 13 pro, let me know!

    submitted by /u/WellCookedBeefcake
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel