• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 5, 2021

    Apple Macbook Would reinstalling OS make my mid-2012 MBA run faster?

    Apple Macbook Would reinstalling OS make my mid-2012 MBA run faster?


    Would reinstalling OS make my mid-2012 MBA run faster?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 11:03 PM PDT

    First MacBook... Any suggestions?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 07:50 PM PDT

    I've always wanted to get a MacBook, but there are so many models and I honestly don't know which one to get.

    I'll be using it mostly for web browsing, Netflix, YouTube etc... Also would like to be able to use Photoshop and do some light video editing. Nothing too fancy.

    I found a MacBook air 2011 with 8gb ram and SSD on Facebook marketplace for 170£, but as I've never had one, I don't know if it's going to be decent or not. I know that those with the m1 chip are probably the best, but they cost too much for me.

    I'm on a budget, so I'm gonna have to get a used one.

    I've heard some models can be upgraded to 16gb of ram as well, not sure which ones though.

    Please... Help? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/nobitaszn
    [link] [comments]

    Where in this bag can I fit my: MacBook Air 2020 M1 charging cable and charging brick. And an usb-c to Digital av multiport adapter? (It’s mostly the adapter i don’t know where to put, be cause it’s so big, and I really don’t want to bend it and destroy it)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 09:41 AM PDT

    I need you guys to help me choose

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 09:21 PM PDT

    Should i get a used 2017 macbook pro 15inch i7 2.9ghz 16gb ram with 2tb ssd or a new macbook air m1 8gb 256 ssd. I need it for fast web browsing not really a video editor. Drop your suggestions in the comments.

    Thank you..

    submitted by /u/sahil1155
    [link] [comments]

    Guys will the macbook air 2020 give heating issues after 3-4 years as there is no fan?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 07:10 PM PDT

    I'm just wondering which should i buy, Air or pro?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/MouseyDaisey
    [link] [comments]

    Should I wait for upcoming MacBook pro ?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 08:37 PM PDT

    I wanted a MacBook for productivity, heard some rumor "new MacBook is coming" should I wait for that ?

    submitted by /u/sober_ali
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve tried updating it 3 times now and this keeps popping up. Any solutions?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 04:20 AM PDT

    Question about external Monitor (MBA 2017)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 10:13 PM PDT

    so i recently purchased a monitor

    27 inch 1440p 75Hz Monitor from dell

    https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-27-monitor-s2721ds/apd/210-axkp/monitors-monitor-accessories?ref=frommyaccount#techspecs_section

    i don't expect it to run at 75Hz (there's no difference between 60hz and 75hz anyway..)

    I have been researching about how to connect the monitor to actually get QHD output on my monitor.

    i read things like

    - HDMI capped at 1080p

    - mini displayport to display port don't work great.

    - you have to use thunderbolt 3

    What do you guys think and what should I use to get the QHD(1440p) output at 60Hz?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/For-your-eyes-only-
    [link] [comments]

    I've exhausted all other options. Had to install this terrible program on my personal M1 MBA for work before a replacement could be sent to me. Does anyone know how to get rid of menu bar icons? Command and drag doesn't work. Program is no longer installed. Thanks in advance.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 03:56 PM PDT

    Does this seem normal ? 2019 Mac Air Y Series Chip only 2 tabs open. Is it the device itself or the web ?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 09:55 AM PDT

    DNS/Certifcate Errors

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 02:34 PM PDT

    I have a 2013 Mac Book Pro and I've been fighting this SSL/DNS error for about a month. I would say I get a security error on about 40% of the sites I visit on chrome and the problem persists on safari. These are sites I know for a fact are not hacked. When I can't ignore the error I have to override via the inspect/console tab. I have no viruses, I've flushed my DNS cache, regular cache, reinstalled chrome, I bought a brand new router/modem after suspecting the temporary modem I used got hacked. The problem began before I used the temporary modem. I need this computer for work and it's essential I access my client's websites.

    submitted by /u/XXXXXXYYYXXXXXXXYYY
    [link] [comments]

    Stickies Alternatives for Mac

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    Hello, community. Does anyone know the best alternatives for Stickies Application on Mac ? If yes, please list out some in the below comment section.

    ~Thanks in Advance.

    submitted by /u/Shanku097
    [link] [comments]

    I’m thinking of purchasing a MacBook Air this week before the free AirPods deal end. Is it worth buying? I will be using it to stream Netflix, online office work etc. Or should I wait till the redesign? Do MacBooks slow down once new models come out?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 05:13 PM PDT

    Light bleed in corner of screen

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 05:08 PM PDT

    How do I get Apple to replace my keyboard??

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 06:11 AM PDT

    I have a 2019 15 inch 512gb MacBook that is currently out of warranty and it's one of the most expensive gadget I own. I bought it thinking it will last me at least 4-5 years without fail but just 2 years later it started having issues.

    The keyboard gets stuck sometimes due to it being a butterfly keyboard and it annoys me a lot. I recently bought an iPad to serve as a secondary monitor and I've sent my MacBook to be fixed under their keyboard program for the butterfly keyboard which they stated that they will replace the keyboard which equates to the whole panel.

    They got back to me saying that my keyboard passed the Diagnosis test and is not eligible for the program and charged me a diagnosis test fee (100 bucks) which I find quite ridiculous because clearly this is a common problem and just because the diagnosis says it's not there doesn't mean I don't experience it.

    Can anybody give me some advice on what to do in this situation? They said I can send it for another diagnostic test if I take it back and there's still a persisting problem but what's the point because I'll probably get the same results and will also be charged another 100 bucks for it.

    I love apple products but this is just unacceptable for such an expensive device.

    TLDR: My keyboard has problems but the diagnostic tests done by them said otherwise. They also charge me 100 bucks everytime I take it in the store. Please help.

    submitted by /u/Jakeandmorty
    [link] [comments]

    MBA M1 - I installed clean my Mac x yesterday and got surprised to see a message that I am running out of ram only watching YouTube in safari. What would be the issue? Backgrounds apps?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 03:26 PM PDT

    Buying a MacBook with US layout outside US

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 07:28 AM PDT

    I'm currently living in Italy and i want to buy a MacBook Air M1 with the US layout. Do you know if it's possible to do so? Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/-Axial
    [link] [comments]

    Old hard drive file help

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 11:21 AM PDT

    So I have a really old external hard drive that I've used to store all of my older photos & videos on, there has to be at least 10,000. The folder is 29.4 GB. At the time I was using it I had several Windows run laptops. My ultimate goal is to move all of these files to the new 4 TB external hard drive I purchased, a WD Discovery.

    I was able to successfully upload all of these photos to my MacBook Pro, however I am only able to view the files, I cannot modify them or upload them to my new external HD. I really don't want to import them all to iPhoto and have that take up more of my cloud storage or have them sitting on my desktop forever.

    Any suggestions or anyone who's been in a similar situation?

    submitted by /u/neko-420
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding Hub that support multiple displays.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 10:18 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

    I have two external displays; one that runs from DP to USB-C and the other HDMI to USB-C.

    With only 4 ports on my Macbook it's getting crowded fast; Charger (USB-C), external drive (USB-C), external drive 2 (USB 3), external keyboard (USB), mouse (USB), Printer (USB), Tablet (USB)....

    My main issue has been trying to find a "hub" that has at least 2 USB-C ports that support video output. Many I have found have 1 that will do video transfer and one that cannot. I don't need SD card slots/ethernet. I'd really like those 2 usbc ports for display, then another 1 or 2 USB-C connections.

    Closest I have found is Hyperdrive but I'm just not tech savy enough to understand if their product would support two usb c external displays. Can anyone help me out, or have any suggestions?

    NET 6-2 Hyperdrive

    Pro 8-2 Hyperdrive

    submitted by /u/badcompanyy
    [link] [comments]

    Is this good for a 2019 Mac book air?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    my macbook air won’t turn on

    Posted: 04 Oct 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    i was using my macbook on chrome when it just suddenly turned off with 53% remaining. i'm charging it at the moment but whenever i hold the power button i hear the startup chime for a second but then it's cut off by silence and doesn't turn on… does anyone have tips on what to do?

    submitted by /u/spark_k_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel