• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 3, 2021

    macOS Is there not an equivalent to this on MacOS?

    macOS Is there not an equivalent to this on MacOS?


    Is there not an equivalent to this on MacOS?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 04:11 PM PDT

    What's the best way to separate Work/Life with macOS?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 09:28 AM PDT

    I have a 13" MacBook Pro that I use for both my personal life and my work life. I use two separate Apple ID's and two separate accounts on the Mac to manage this. It works well for separating my life, but I've run into a number of small issues that have me in search of a better idea.

    Because I use two different Apple ID's (and thus, two different iPhones) I have to constantly switch between accounts to utilize iMessage, look for files that are saved to the other account, and it's a bit annoying at times having two different sets of System Preferences.

    Pro's:

    1. I can use my work account to share my screen in company meetings without fear of a personal iMessage or notification popping up.
    2. I can kinda keep my files organized (is there an easier way to have a "shared" folder or desktop for each account that's accessible from the opposite account? e.g While using "Work", I'd like to save a file to my "Personal" desktop or vice versa

    Con's:

    1. I'm constantly switching between accounts to find files, iMessages, etc.
    2. I have to manage two different Apple Music and Apple Podcast libraries and it's annoying having to migrate content or placemarkers between accounts time and time again.
    3. I use some "specialized" programs like Adobe Lightroom that is much easier to have organized efficiently when using one account rather than two.

    I'm running the macOS Monterey beta and I'm wondering if the new Focus Mode (or another existing solution) can allow me to seperate my work/personal life on my MacBook in an easier manner.

    P.S I'm willing to turn off iMessage forwarding to my Mac and just use my iPhones directly for iMessage if that allows for a simpler solution.

    How do you seperate your lives with macOS?

    submitted by /u/ihasRyzen
    [link] [comments]

    How to manage Safari tabs in iOS 15 - Learnallfix

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 02:18 AM PDT

    Different formats for different partiton

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 02:09 AM PDT

    If I have an external multi-partioned disk, formatted in macos journaled, is it possible to make one of its partitions apfs while maintaining the others macos journaled? i.e. can different partitions, differently formatted, live on the same physical disk?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Bagongo
    [link] [comments]

    Made the “free” ISP McAfee Mistake

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:50 PM PDT

    After being double billed twice in a year by CenturyLink… I terminated all service on the same day including a landline that always got knocked offline every time a tech touched the service box for new connections.

    The rep I spoke with was a complete jerk, so my next call was cancellation. That was easy.

    Next up was the garbage security software touted as a thing to install. I poked around on how to uninstall via a quick search and found nothing sufficient.

    /user/local/McAfee actually has an uninstall script that works while logged in as root.

    It took seconds to remove that crap.

    Never again. Nope. PLEASE don't make my same mistake. My MacBook Pro ran like a dog. Now it's fine.

    submitted by /u/AhavaKhatool
    [link] [comments]

    Are they ever going to fix the SMB problems?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 01:43 AM PDT

    I have an intel iMac and most recently an m1 iMac, every time I mount a SMB share using the finder I and the Mac goes to sleep there is a problem. The intel Mac loses the connection and will ask me to "unmount or ignore" when it wakes up from sleep. The m1 just crashes every time, making it very annoying, basically I can't let any unsaved program running when it goes to sleep because it will crash making me loose everything.

    I do a lot of work on my NAS and this is very frustrating.

    Is there a workaround for this or I just at the mercy of Apple engineers to fix the SMB implementation in future releases?

    submitted by /u/AlienPearl
    [link] [comments]

    I wiped out Macintosh HD and Macintosh - Data using disk utility. I was on Catalina and now my laptop won’t turn on and has the flashing question mark folder. Can someone pls help?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 01:23 AM PDT

    Touchbar is lagging

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 09:37 PM PDT

    My TouchBar setting is on Expended Control Strip, ever since version 11.5 the touch bar has been extremely laggy i.e it takes about a 1.5 sec delay when I press volume up and down. Resetting the SMC fixes the issue temporarily but the lag comes back over time. It didn't do this before the update and the touch bar has little to no latency when I press the buttons.

    Macbook specs:
    MBP 16 inch 2019

    2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

    64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

    Any help is much appericated

    submitted by /u/williamszr98
    [link] [comments]

    How do you manage windows on multiple monitors with just the keyboard?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 01:14 AM PDT

    As the question suggests -

    I want to be able to do very very very basic things which any standard OS should be able to do -

    1. Easily switch between different windows of an app
    2. Keep my existing windows on the screen if the window I want to switch to is on a different monitor

    The use case is very simple - I am computer programmer and I often have 5-10 code editor windows open and 2-3 chrome windows open, spread over both of my monitors. I often have the use case of either looking at two editor windows at the same time or an editor and chrome window at the same time. However, whenever I cmd+tab onto a window then the other windows also get put on the fore-front. What could be ANY use of this behaviour, I really don't understand. Unfortunately my organisation forces me to use MacOS so I have no option but to use it. I have developed some wrist problems because of which even touching the trackpad/mouse is painful so I want to be able to depend purely on the keyboard.

    Are there any 3rd party apps which will solve this issue for me? Any help would be highly appreciated. I googled quite a bit but there were mixed reviews for everything. Maybe there is some inbuilt setting I can use?

    submitted by /u/hydrokush
    [link] [comments]

    Firefox: Change keybind for page down on YouTube

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 12:30 AM PDT

    I think on any other browser you can use ⌥ + DOWN ARROW to page down. In Firefox I have to use FN + DOWN ARROW, which I can't press with one hand. Is there a way to change this?

    submitted by /u/Aging_Orange
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t install Catalina onto my MacBook Pro. When I click on install it does nothing. Can someone pls help?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 11:11 PM PDT

    External 4K 60Hz Monitor Suddenly Can't Output 4K 60Hz on MBP 2018

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:21 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I have a MBP 2018 on Big Sur 11.5.1, about 6 months ago I bought the HP s270n EliteDisplay as an external monitor for it. Due to an insane deal on Amazon I got it for just under $300. I use one USB-C cable for power delivery and video. It worked great for months, until about a few days ago I noticed everything looking choppy on my screen and I thought my Mac was running slow and needed a restart. Turns out that the display was actually running at 30Hz. Strangely enough, the 4K 60Hz mode is totally gone on macOS. Best I can do is 2K 60Hz or 4K 30Hz. Does anyone have a fix for this? I don't remember this breaking just after an update or anything like that and didn't change my setup, just seems to have happened completely at random. The monitor in its internal menu still lists 4K 60Hz as the optimal mode.

    I am certain it is the Mac because when I use it with my work MBP it works fine in 4K 60Hz.

    Things I have tried:

    - Forcing settings with cscanner Terminal app

    - Rebooting Mac

    - Using Display Preferences

    - Unplugging display

    - EasyRes (4k 60Hz setting does not appear)

    Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/manydecisions
    [link] [comments]

    How do I increase recording quality?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 10:56 PM PDT

    Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 04:16 PM PDT

    Hello.

    Can macOSes (Big Sur v11.5.1) & Mojave v10.14.6) Photo Booth app export other video formats beside old QuickTime MOV? An over 2 minutes selfie talking video is over 115 MB! Compressing into a zip file didn't do much too. :( Does macOS even come with a free video converter anywhere or does one have to get a third party? This is for Mac users who don't know tech stuff. :/

    Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

    submitted by /u/antdude
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Big Sur bug or Twitter for Mac bug? Any Possible Solutions?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 10:04 PM PDT

    Was able to make Widgets stay open in Big Sur using AppleScript and sleepwatcher! (See Comment)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 09:24 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro NTFS for Mac apps no longer mounting ntfs drives

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 12:29 PM PDT

    I'm, a video editor and have always used the Paragon software to mount
    ntfs formatted drives. Now, all of a sudden, all the same ntfs drives I
    worked with earlier this year on the same macbook pro are not only
    mounting as read only and i'm unable to access any files. I just tried
    installing tuxera for mac and I'm still only mounting in read-only? What
    the heck is going on? Please help.

    submitted by /u/AJ_King8778
    [link] [comments]

    whats a good app for splicing videos?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:45 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a video editing app that will be good for simply compiling videos together. I have final cut pro, and imovie of course. the problem with FinalCutX is that it makes huge video files that are massive files. Is there a good video "editing" software that can just allow me to take videos I have and splice them together and export a video that isn't MASSIVE in size?

    submitted by /u/BlackStarCorona
    [link] [comments]

    No macOS 11.5.1 system update for me

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 06:10 PM PDT

    Even though I have been on macOS 11.5 for a while, final version, turns out I didn't get 11.5.1. I wonder if Apple still offers the .pkg files for download?

    submitted by /u/theteleyator
    [link] [comments]

    Help - Macbook pro A1278

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 05:44 PM PDT

    Hello, i have a mac and want to reset its password but i dont know how.original owner does not know it. when i click on "recovery password with icloud" it does not respond, recovery mode does not work either

    submitted by /u/tom00s11
    [link] [comments]

    Error Transferring Late 2012 Mac mini Data to a Samsung EVO 870, What Should I Do?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 05:26 PM PDT

    MBP Mid-2015 on Big Sur from Catalina?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 05:13 PM PDT

    Sorry if this has been posted a lot.

    Was wondering if Big Sur is worth updating to from Catalina w/ the MacBook Pro Mid-2015

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/nomi_S
    [link] [comments]

    What's the little window down there when doing App Expose? It seems like my old safari window that I closed a couple of days ago

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Resize windows beyond their minimum size restrictions

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 10:42 AM PDT

    Does anyone know if there's a way to resize apps' windows to a smaller size than what it let me do so? For example, I'm trying to fit Slack and Teams in the same screen (iPad in SideCar mode) and they simply can't fit side by side because both windows' minimum size is bigger than just 50% of the screen. Is there a way to bypass or "force" window sizing according to my needs on MacOS?

    Thanks!

    Edit: minor grammar fixes.

    submitted by /u/kaleodalcin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel