• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 3, 2021

    Apple Hands-on: You can now run Windows 365 on iPad, and Microsoft even has an app for it

    Apple Hands-on: You can now run Windows 365 on iPad, and Microsoft even has an app for it


    Hands-on: You can now run Windows 365 on iPad, and Microsoft even has an app for it

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    Twitter for iOS officially gains support for Sign in with Apple

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 10:05 AM PDT

    New Macs spotted in Eurasian regulatory filings, likely the redesigned M1X MacBook Pros

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 09:18 AM PDT

    Apple Watch Series 7 appears in Eurasian regulatory filings ahead of expected September release

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 09:13 AM PDT

    Wi-Fi 6E Explained: What It Could Mean for iPhone 13 and Beyond

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 10:35 AM PDT

    Ever tried leaving iOS/Apple EcoSystem?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    I'll start this by clarifying that I am absolutely and Apple Fan, through and through. I have had some experience with Android, I used to sell phone and have used various models of the Sony Xperia, Samsung Galaxies and HTC's. However, I have been an avid iPhone user for years. I have been fully immersed in the ecosystem with Apple TV's, iPad, MacBook, Apple Watch & even Apple Car Play.

    The middle of 2020, I started to explore YouTube and found various videos on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. I haven't used a Note since the Galaxy Note 4 but I found myself wanting to see more.

    I woke up the next day and found myself purchasing a Note 10+. I used it for the whole day and was really impressed. It's modern look, sleek design and amazing screen had me in. But I was missing something, I was being drawn back to iPhone. I felt almost lost without iMessage. 95% of my close relationships own and use and iPhone/iMessage. I also was worried about FaceTime, although I don't use it very often, having it there in these Pandemic times, it feels like it's a must.

    By the 2nd day, I was back to my iPhone 11 Pro Max and selling the Note 10+. I just couldn't escape the feeling of my Apple products.

    A few months later, I sold my Apple Watch as I work in an industry that is out in the field and found myself constantly concerned about damaging my Apple Watch. I ended up selling this and purchased a Garmin Fenix 6x Sapphire (which seems to be as bullet proof as a G-Shock). I actually don't miss my Apple Watch much at all, the biggest thing I miss is being able to reply to messages from the watch and I really would like to try the new feature of being able to unlock my iPhone with the watch when wearing a face mask, but otherwise, I love my Garmin. The battery and build quality still amazes me.

    12 months later, pretty much the same thing happened. I thought I would be fine this time as I no longer had my Apple Watch. I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra but found myself back onto my iPhone 12 Pro Max within 24 hours.

    Has anyone else had an attempt of trying to escape the Apple ecosystem, or more to the point, do you think it's even worth trying to leave?

    submitted by /u/boourns___
    [link] [comments]

    Apple stops signing iOS 14.7, blocking downgrades from iOS 14.7.1

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 12:49 AM PDT

    Apple Dadeland in Miami, Florida will soon reopen in a sunny new street-facing space at Dadeland Mall, Apple announced today.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 12:23 AM PDT

    Apple Leaps Up Fortune Global 500 Rankings

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    Why are Mac’s kind of cheap now?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    I have been doing creative work digitally since 2016. This includes all sort of stuff like digital art, graphic design, photo editing and video editing. I always preferred macOS for this sort of work but it always made very little sense for me to get a Mac because they had a bad rep for having a very steep price for the performance they offered. So I always ended up with windows PC's, this made even more sense considering I was into gaming as well.

    This year I started looking for a new laptop because I am going to college for graphic design this fall. I had no plans of getting a MacBook initially but seeing how much better they have gotten and how competitive their pricing was I was a bit surprised. Not only the MacBooks but even the Mac mini which I thought was dead in the ground is now an amazing machine for around $700.

    Even more mind blowing was the fact that when I went to my closest retailer I found that the slower intel based MacBook Pro's was much more expensive and I was just left there scratching my head as to why Apple isn't charging more for these new M1 Mac's.

    I am of course not saying that I wish these computers was more expensive or that their price isn't fair but it really feels weird that Apple of all companies drops a new generation laptop that you could argue is revolutionary and blows their old computers away and it is cheaper than their older computers. After all, this is the same company that charges $200 for an extra 8gb of ram.

    I've seen some people say that Apple can afford to make them cheaper because they are making their own chips but I don't believe this to be the case because they make their own chips on their iPhones and those have a very premium price compared to other phones.

    I would like to know your thoughts on why you guys think Apple are pricing their new computers so well compared to previous models, is it because they can afford to, or is it because they are catering to a different demographic. Or do you disagree all together and feel that the new Mac's are still too expensive?

    submitted by /u/mrlosvegalos
    [link] [comments]

    New AirPods with updated design slated for fall launch

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel