• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 29, 2021

    macOS 10 Months Later and Big Sur is STILL laggy when using Intel Graphics... is Apple not planning on fixing this issue?

    macOS 10 Months Later and Big Sur is STILL laggy when using Intel Graphics... is Apple not planning on fixing this issue?


    10 Months Later and Big Sur is STILL laggy when using Intel Graphics... is Apple not planning on fixing this issue?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 09:57 PM PDT

    I have a 2019 16" macbook pro, with an 8-core Intel CPU, 32GB of RAM, 1 TB SSD, and AMD Graphics. Ever since Big Sur (and possibly Catalina? not sure) there has been some general system lagginess, specifically when typing. I discovered recently that this is happening to a lot of people with similar systems running Big Sur, but it only occurs when Intel Graphics are used. The workaround is to disable automatic graphics switching - which works, woo! except it kills battery life since you're always using your dedicated graphics card, so this is a horrible long-term solution.

    I just updated to the most recent version of Big Sur today, hoping that maybe, just maybe Apple has finally fixed this. But nope, it still runs like crap when you use Intel integrated graphics.

    Does anyone have any intel (heh) on if/when apple will address this issue? Is it fixed in the Monterey beta?

    submitted by /u/Fiveby21
    [link] [comments]

    Mac os 9 with classilla

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 06:22 AM PDT

    Updated to 11.4 on M1 Mini and all system preferences are gone! Wut???!!!

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 08:46 AM PDT

    What’s your torrenting setup?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:40 AM PDT

    • Whats your preferred client?
    • Do you use a VPN? If so which one?
    • Do you use any security software (eg. for viruses, malware, firewall, etc)
    • Conversion tools? (subler, handbrake, etc)
    • How do you share media around your home?
    • Any other cool tools in your setup?

    I dip in and out of torrenting so it'd be cool to hear what other people are doing.

    submitted by /u/sukisogreat
    [link] [comments]

    Mac mini M1 mouse hovering animations are not working

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 01:37 PM PDT

    Saving working image before reboot?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 12:34 AM PDT

    Can I save an image of the current desktop, so when I reboot I can restore the exact working image, i.e. all apps and details (firefox and all open tabs...etc)

    Any ideas are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/JackKellyAnderson
    [link] [comments]

    Can previously sideloaded apps work on M1 mac after update?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 08:48 PM PDT

    I am on Big sur 11.2.3, using some sideloaded apps via iMazing all iPhone app store apps linked to my apple ID. I tried updating to 11.5.2 but previously sideloaded apps did not open and threw an error regarding some permission issue. Does anyone else experienced the same or know a way to block it? If not which version is supports opening previously sideloaded apps, not looking to install anything new just need some smart home apps to work.

    submitted by /u/infinitiumvortex
    [link] [comments]

    How to pin the picture in picture video onto the current workspace?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 07:29 PM PDT

    so that when i swipe left or right to another workspace, it stays on that same part of the screen? It was possible on linux since you can right click it and set it to always on workspace.

    submitted by /u/MahdeenSky
    [link] [comments]

    Preference pane URL for new password pane in Monterey?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:26 AM PDT

    Does anyone know whether the new Passwords preference pane in Monterey has a URL I can use to open it dynamically?

    I'd like to set up a shortcut which quickly opens the pane so I can grab a password in places that the apple password popup doesn't work.

    submitted by /u/Temporary_Lab5179
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 15 inch 2019. 11.5.2. Not showing updates in App Store. More in comments

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 08:10 AM PDT

    How to disable gatekeeper on m1 air?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    Anyone having issues with tfswitch switch on Mac?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 07:05 PM PDT

    Have a few Terraform repos I'm working with and I usually use arch or suse, but I just bought a macbook and tfswitch is failing to switch Terraform versions. No errors thrown, nothing in the repo issues. Just checking if anyone else has this issue.

    submitted by /u/laujac
    [link] [comments]

    I wish Apple would add full iCloud backup functionality to the Mac

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 03:05 AM PDT

    Currently, you can backup and restore your entire iOS device from iCloud. On macOS the only thing that can do this is Time Machine, which is local only and doesn't quite work on newer Macs and macOS versions (something with new security stuff, you have to use migration assistant).

    I wish Apple would give Time Machine a much needed upgrade and add functionality for full device backups/restored on iCloud.

    In the meantime, what are some good alternatives to Time Machine for full Mac backups & restoring?

    submitted by /u/foxtrot5
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth in MacOS

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    I have a MBP M1 and me and my wife both use it with different accounts. The problem i have is that when i'm listening to content on my iPhone 12 with Airpods Pro while working outside and i come closer to the house my earphones automatically connect to the MBP. Even though my wife is connected to her account and is watching Youtube i.e. This is very annoying, because after this i need to go out of range and repair my Airpods with my phone.

    However i still like when the Airpods switch to the content on my account automatically and i don't have to click additional buttons to make them connect. Long story short the questions is: Can I make my Airpods connect automatically only on my account and not my wifes account?

    submitted by /u/DurianActual
    [link] [comments]

    How to remove information field in Finder that covers over the icons in folders?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 04:08 AM PDT

    MBA M1 MacOS 11.5.2 apps don´t get the power they need (more info in the comments)

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 04:23 PM PDT

    I played Descenders on my mac like a month ago then I opened it again with the version 11.5.2 than it started not getting the performance it needs it runs on 17-30 fps but I remember it running on much higher and much stabler fps counts and as It seems this is because of the fact that 70% of the CPU resources were idle and only 10% was given to Descenders which can´ t run good on this resources.

    How can I fix this Issue it happens on other games too. I guess it is about the power management system of MacOS 11.5.2 but how can I fix it?

    submitted by /u/Thenejo34
    [link] [comments]

    Problem running a patch in terminal

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 02:22 PM PDT

    I am trying to patch one of my apps and when I try to run the patch in terminal I get this message:

    "The file "Patch.command" could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges."

    It tells me to go to "get info" to change the permissions, but when I go into the settings I already have permissions on read&write, so not sure why I can't run it.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/vibesandhorizons
    [link] [comments]

    "The file “Patch.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges."

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 02:20 PM PDT

    I am trying to patch one of my apps and when I try to run the patch in terminal I get this message:

    "The file "Patch.command" could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges."

    It tells me to go to "get info" to change the permissions, but when I go into the settings I already have permissions on read&write, so not sure why I can't run it.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/vibesandhorizons
    [link] [comments]

    How to stop annoying keychain prompts?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 01:00 PM PDT

    Is there anyway to record your voice while recording the screen audio?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    Im trying to make a video presentation/explanation of a project, but my project includes sound too. Is there any way to work this out? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/BothAdhesiveness6833
    [link] [comments]

    Have to keep entering Mail password because VPN is not connected?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    This is stupid. I work a hospital so of course we use a VPN to connect to the hospital servers. Mac OS is connected to the work Outlook server. VPN is required to connect to the outlook server.

    SO when the VPN is not connect Mail cannot access the mail server so Mac OS assumes the password is wrong makes me reenter it. Even if I reconnect, it still forces the password.

    There's some sort of logical error in this software where a rejected connection automatically means the password is wrong instead of just maybe failed connection. Could it be server side? Any ideas on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/moration
    [link] [comments]

    Visio alternative for Mac

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    Hi All,

    As the title suggests I'm looking for an alternative to Microsoft Visio for Mac.

    I do a lot of drawings and diagrams (architecture / flowchart/ Swimlane etc etc) and would like to know if there are some viable professional software for MAC OS?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Silentsteel
    [link] [comments]

    Can i reset my MacBook without upgrading to the latest macOS?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 09:41 AM PDT

    I have MacBook Air 2017 running on Catalina. I wanna reset it before I give it to my dad. How to do that? And Is there anyway to avoid upgrading to Bigsur?

    submitted by /u/Osas1995
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel