• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 29, 2021

    Apple TV Is there any way to download SD videos on the TV desktop app?

    Apple TV Is there any way to download SD videos on the TV desktop app?


    Is there any way to download SD videos on the TV desktop app?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:02 AM PDT

    I've recently procured a 120 GB iPod classic (yay, nostalgia!), and want to sync my (formerly iTunes) movies to it. The classic can only handle SD videos, but they only seem to download as HD from the TV app, even after adjusting the options in Preferences.

    Is there a method to download SD videos that I'm missing, or am I SOL?

    submitted by /u/DarkWishWall
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube app takes too long to "load" the video's interface (ie: captions, channel, etc)

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    I watch a lot of videos that require captions and whenever I click a video, I used to immediately be able to swipe up and turn on captions accordingly. Now? It take up to 20 seconds for that button to even load into the screen.

    And sometimes I want to access a channel by swiping up and clicking on the channel, same thing, up to 20 seconds for those buttons to activate.

    Am I the only one?

    submitted by /u/xavier_laflamme70
    [link] [comments]

    Plex, AppleTV, and H.265 re-encodes. Advice please.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 04:17 PM PDT

    Using my HomePod only when playing music via Apple Music

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 03:17 AM PDT

    Is there a way to use my TV speakers by default, but use my HomePod for Apple Music only? I know I can go to the settings and change the audio output but I was wondering if there's a way of doing it automatically.

    submitted by /u/HenryB96
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV 4k, Netflix app on ATV doesn't offer UHD content (but Dolby Vision successfully)

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 02:42 AM PDT

    [removed]

    submitted by /u/Grand_Ad_9878
    [link] [comments]

    “Watch Now” reverts to wrong app.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 02:13 PM PDT

    I have purchased "The Office" and after I watch it from Library, occasionally it'll show up in Watch Now, but most of the time it puts me into The Office on Peacock. No matter how many times I start from Library, it always ends up back into suggesting the peacock version.

    submitted by /u/High_Octane1
    [link] [comments]

    Quiet Audio on Sonos Arc?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:55 AM PDT

    Saw a post yesterday where people were commenting that the audio is a little quieter on ATV 4k 2021 compared to webOS/ other platforms. I plan on using the new 2021 ATV4k with the Sonos Arc and LG C9.

    Can anyone with the same setup comment on if the audio is really quiet?

    TIA

    submitted by /u/hbafuzz
    [link] [comments]

    I’m considering getting an Apple TV. If I set a sleep timer on the ATV will it also turn off the TV? And can you use Siri to set a sleep timer?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 09:44 AM PDT

    New remote with power button won't turn TV on but will power it off. Has anyone had this issue? At least with the last remote when I pressed menu it would turn both on but now I have to use two remotes to turn them on.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    Is there a way to control the TV app on a Mac with your iPhone as a remote?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 09:52 PM PDT

    PSA: on LG try switch Black Level from Auto to Full if SDR/HDR is too dark.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 06:04 PM PDT

    I have Match Dynamic Range enabled, but I noticed SDR and HDR was super dark (Dolby Vision is fine), too dark than it should be.

    I discovered it was the Black Level setting on the LG G1, I had to switch it from 'Auto' to 'Full'. For some reason when on 'Auto' the TV thinks the Apple TV is outputting 'Limited' so everything looks really dark.

    Need to do this for each SDR and HDR.

    Seems a bit weird that the Apple TV / LG G1 aren't able to negotiate this properly. Maybe the TV's fault in examining the stream, or the Apple TV's fault in emitting the stream, idk.

    Hardware:

    • LG G1 with latest firmware 03.15.36
    • Apple TV 2021 version with iOS14.7

    Apply TV is connected directly to LG G1 via HDMI, then I use eARC out of TV to AVR-S750H.

    submitted by /u/34182075607
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K 2nd Gen Graphics for games

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 05:46 PM PDT

    Hello. So i have an Apple One subscription and get Apple Arcade with it. It has been pretty cool to play some games again with my kids and it turned into more of a bonding activity than I thought it would.

    I have an Apple TV 4K 1st Gen (2017). We just started playing Baldo last night. The game works and looks fine on it. I dove into the settings and saw there was a quality setting and it was set to low. I am able to set it to high but then it keeps reverting back down to low.

    So my question is does the Apple TV 4k 2nd Gen (2021) able to achieve quality high setting all the time for Baldo? Does anyone have this combo and able to check that out? I'm really just curious as we are playing more games lately and I might consider upgrading if it really is that much better. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/critic81
    [link] [comments]

    No Trailers App on ATV 4K 2nd Gen

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 06:29 AM PDT

    I bought an ATV 4K 2nd Gen as a gift to my brother in law, after a month or so I wanted him to watch a movie trailer and told him to open the trailers app. He didn't find it nor was it in the App Store!

    I have the same device version which I bought a few months back, and it does have the trailers app! I checked his device myself and there is no trace of the trailers app on the device or the App Store!!

    Am I missing something here? I searched for a similar incident but could not find a solution. Why does my in-law's device has no trailers app? We're both in the same country and region for the App Store (non-US).

    Can someone help me understand this?

    submitted by /u/KK-DXB
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix quality better native than through Apple TV.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    I discovered that Netflix shows much better quality and is much smoother on the native app on my LG tv than on Apple TV Netflix app. Why is it the case? The tv is 4k.

    submitted by /u/Wtk888
    [link] [comments]

    Hello everyone !

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    Hope all doing fine ! Have a simple question and need some advice ! I have 1 gen 4K Apple TV and I just use it to watch my purchased movies and tv shows ! Never used it for gaming or apps ! Now that Apple TV plus is on my LG tv / Xbox and ps do I really need to keep the device ? I want to give it to my mom cos she has a Philips tv and it's not smart tv so she will benefit of having Netflix HBO YouTube etc so just wanna know am I'm missing anything here ? Thnx all and have a great weekend ….

    submitted by /u/fgars2
    [link] [comments]

    Closing apps with new remote

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 10:06 AM PDT

    I love the new remote but I'm not a fan of the touch sensitivity. I know you can turn off touch but is there a way to close out apps if touch is disabled?

    submitted by /u/foxtrot_echo22
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV 4k (2021) Bluetooth Audio Lag

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 04:40 AM PDT

    I have Sony WH-H900N headphones that connect to my appletv and play audio from movies and tv shows just fine except for a slight bit of delay. When I watch for awhile, it's not terrible, but it's just perceptible enough to be annoying compared with listening on external speakers. I'm trying to figure out if this would be fixed by getting a new pair of headphones or a Bluetooth receiver with aptx LL. It would be nice to have just one piece of equipment (appletv). Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/yarm64
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel