• Breaking News

    Monday, August 9, 2021

    Apple TV Why doesn't apple compete directly with YoutubeTV?

    Apple TV Why doesn't apple compete directly with YoutubeTV?


    Why doesn't apple compete directly with YoutubeTV?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 05:13 PM PDT

    If the Apple TV subscription included live TV and DVR features, I would ditch YouTube TV in a second.. obviously I would be willing to pay way more for Apple TV too. Why do you think they haven't tried that yet? Do you think they ever will?

    submitted by /u/ahas-dubar
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Engineers Reportedly Pessimistic About Apple's Living Room Hardware Strategy

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:58 PM PDT

    Parasite (2019)

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    So Parasite the movie on iTunes/AppleTV only says 4K, does anyone know if it's HDR/Dolby Vision or just SDR? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Kingy7777
    [link] [comments]

    should i buy apple tv (2021)

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 03:05 AM PDT

    ok so i really want to splurge on something and im considering apple tv. I currently watch mubi and youtube from my sony android tv, i also connect with lighting to usb my apple music to get lossless. So i wonder.. since my tv has the channels i want and apple tv doesnt support high res lossless on its box, why should i buy it?
    Is there with the fast processor faster and more enjoyable experience? will they support higher quality music? and/or is there better atmos and image than my smart tv? Do i need it?

    submitted by /u/cyblink
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to change the movie category for purchased movies on iTunes?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 10:55 AM PDT

    I was browsing through my iTunes movie library and I found several movies in my library that are mislabeled in (what I think is) the wrong genre category. Some examples include:

    The Exorcist is under "Thriller" while the Exorcist 3 is under "Horror."

    The Day the Earth Stood Still is under "Drama"

    Evil Dead 2 is under "Comedy." I get that it's a horror comedy, but c'mon most people would consider this horror first, then comedy.

    Psycho 2 and Psycho 3 are under "Thriller" while the original Psycho is under "Horror."

    Scream 1,2, and pt. 4 are under "Horror" but Scream pt. 3 is under "Thriller."

    There's also a ton of foreign films that should be relocated to the "Foreign" category like Das Boot, Parasite, Amelie, City of Lost Children, etc. I find this the most annoying of all since there's already a designated foreign section in my library, but so many foreign films are placed in other categories.

    Is there any way to change the category for movies I own on iTunes? Would contacting Apple about this really result in any change?

    submitted by /u/mikeyos
    [link] [comments]

    Not getting surround through optical with Apple TV 4k

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:36 PM PDT

    Just picked up the new apple TV 4K and I have an older pioneer receiver (has HDMI but not 4K) so I bypass it and connect everything to TV (sony 900f) w/ HDMI then optical to the receiver. I have gotten DD and DTS using the TVs apps as well as my blu ray player. I haven't been able to get either DD or DTS on the apple TV using a couple different apps. Any ideas?

    It has also randomly cut out for a second at a time then picture comes back then audio couple seconds later both on HBO max (suicide squad) and amazon prime (but less so). Im wondering if I need a newer better HDMI cable.

    submitted by /u/henryb22
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of switching from nvidia shield to appletv

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 11:38 AM PDT

    I own the nvidia shield because it claimed to direct play from Plex with no transcoding and honestly it has done that fine. But with a recent update it has become an ad filled mess just like the chrome cast and I'm having trouble playing back 4K content without buffer over Ethernet. How does the Apple tv compare to the shield? Is it full of ads too? If anyone uses Plex with the Apple TV do you have to transcode hevc content?

    submitted by /u/Cat5edope
    [link] [comments]

    Can 2 HomePod Mini's match a Vizio surround system (M51ax-J6)?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 08:48 PM PDT

    HomePod mini as default speakers..do you need to sync them to air play every time you switch app? Or only when you power on the Apple TV?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 09:13 AM PDT

    Fitness+ on the Apple TV App for Android TV?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:09 PM PDT

    Does the Apple TV App for Android TV Support Fitness+?

    I have an Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 and can install the Apple TV app. I'm considering the Apple One plan to get Music / Storage / News etc.

    Does the Apple TV app also give access to the workout videos included in the Fitness+ subscription?

    My TV and the Shield etc are not AirPlay 2 compatible.

    My research leads me to think not, but thought I'd ask the question.

    submitted by /u/bigjhp
    [link] [comments]

    PLEX on Apple TV - Does it show cast (Actors)?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 05:34 PM PDT

    I am currently using a Shield and I hate it. The PLEX app is buggy, and it does not show cast information

    Does the Apple TV? And does it work well in general?

    submitted by /u/VviFMCgY
    [link] [comments]

    2nd Generation Apple TV - two issues

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:34 PM PDT

    I have a 2nd Generation Apple TV that I keep for a room that I don't use very often. However, I realize I'm having a couple of issues.

    Signing in to Apple ID: I get all the way through the login procedure and then it asks for the 2-factor authentication code that appears on my phone. Unfortunately, it doesn't provide me with a place to put that code in. I've attempted to disable 2-factor on the computer but it doesn't seem to let me.

    Unable to watch Apple TV+ via Airplay: I can cast music, home videos, etc, but when I try to cast AppleTV+ content (ie, Ted Lasso), it just says "Problem Loading Content" or something similar. The content does play fine on my phone.

    I'm thinking maybe it's time for an upgrade but wanted to check with this group first.

    Jason

    submitted by /u/jjtrinva
    [link] [comments]

    Couple of questions re: Apple TV app on MacOS

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 10:32 AM PDT

    1. Is it possible to change the season order of episodes? (Eg. I bought a few seasons of Gane of Thrones but the Apple TV app on MacOS puts them in a weird order, like having all the episode 1s of each season in a row)
    2. is it possible to jump to a season? (Eg. there are 10 seasons of friends, can I jump to season 9 without scrolling through 200 episodes?)
    3. is it possible to have a season play one episode after the other? Other than having to re-click play each time?

    These questions are all regarding the MacOS Apple TV App.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ArenaAmashide
    [link] [comments]

    [Q] Software volume control on ATV4K

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:02 PM PDT

    Maybe this is a pointless question, since I should probably know the answer already. But here goes:

    Is there a way to control the audio volume on the Apple TV itself? It'll do volume control over HDMI-CEC and IR, but what I need is a "software" volume control, meaning the Apple TV would theoretically control the volume BEFORE the sound data is sent to the TV.Why do I need this? Well, my setup is as follows:

    - Apple TV 4K, connected over HDMI

    - 2017 Samsung 43" 4K smart TV, which only has optical audio out (TOSLINK).

    - Onkyo TX-DS575 amp from quite a while ago. It's on its last legs. I've got the expertise to fix it, but I don't think it's worth the component cost. This thing is connected to the optical out from the TV.

    So I've got a spare pre and power amp lying around, except that those don't have IR for remote controlled volume. I've also got a DAC to go with it, with no volume control at all. So my only options would be to control the volume on the TV itself or from the Apple TV, but the limited Samsung firmware (which had quite a few features removed with updates, thanks Samsung) won't allow me to set output volume when using the audio output.

    Leaving the Apple TV as my only hope for not having to purchase additional gear.And this time I should pay attention to the subreddit I'm posting in, haha

    submitted by /u/computer1up
    [link] [comments]

    Why Youtube and homepage/landing pages of all Apps is in Dolby Vision?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 12:50 PM PDT

    ATV Main Homepage looks so bright and I noticed every landing page of App such as prime Netflix is also in Dolby Vision. I checked my setting is set to 4k DV 50hz. And "Match content is set to ON but still I get dolby vision in all videos of youtube.

    Is there any fix?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Yog_Maya
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV + Sony Soundbar

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    Hey, I have a Sony TV + Soundbar and I never had issue with my Apple TV connected directly through the Soundbar.

    Today I am having issues with it, tried all the HDMI cables… It seems the Apple TV doesn't want to display any kind of image when connected through the Soundbar.

    I started a Spider-Man Far from home from another hdmi before swapping it for the Soundbar and it looks fine, until I quit the film and I don't have any video feeds. After returning to the film (by pressing the remote blindly) the picture is back

    Any help?

    submitted by /u/Yaldtson
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the AMAZON PRIME app on Apple TV so �� trash it’s laggy, ugly, stupid

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 12:34 PM PDT

    Question

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 12:16 PM PDT

    So I'm at a stranger's house and we are renting the house. They say they have Apple tv. And I want to watch And Then There Were None and I don't know if it's free. I clicked on free trial and now there is an e-mail arleady in the Apple ID. Does that mean if I click on submit no payement will be done?

    submitted by /u/AiluropodaMaritimus
    [link] [comments]

    Changing the audio language

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    How can I change the audio language in the Apple TV app on my iPhone? I just bought the first season of Adventure Time and I want to watch it in the original language instead of german.

    submitted by /u/AngelsHell666
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube TV Example of volume increase in commercial. This was an inserted Ad followed by another that shook the walls without any manual adjustment of volume. YouTube TV app on Apple TV

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 11:54 AM PDT

    Apple TV app on LG CX keeps crashing.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 11:10 AM PDT

    Turning the tv off and on usually fixes it for a while.

    Anyone else have this problem? Do not have this problem with any other native app (Netflix, Disney+, YouTube ect. all fine)

    submitted by /u/BigBossSnake
    [link] [comments]

    Will I get 1080p on content streaming from my Iphone Safari to my Tv using apple airplay, or is it better to use the tv’s web browser?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel