• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 29, 2021

    Apple Macbook Loving my all white skin on my new MacBook

    Apple Macbook Loving my all white skin on my new MacBook


    Loving my all white skin on my new MacBook

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 06:19 PM PDT

    Just bought my very first macbook! so excited to get it, do you guys have any tips for example how to take care of it? or any apps?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 08:47 AM PDT

    Sell me on dongles

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 06:55 PM PDT

    I've been using mac since... 2008 or so (back when they were all named after cats), and just got a new work laptop shipped to me, which is a post-2016 macbook pro. I love the OS and swear by it. It's the most stable UNIX distro available. It runs smooth, I never have to spend hours researching audio drivers, and I still have all the power of GNU/Linux applications.

    However, every iteration of macbook has made me hate their physical products more and more. I have boxes full of old proprietary connectors that now no longer connect to anything, because they changed to a different proprietary connector.

    This new macbook has four ports. Every port is the same port, a thunderbolt 3. I have firewire cables, thunderbolt 2 cables, the old non-mini displayport cables... essentially everything I have (keyboard, mouse, external webcams, microphones, flash drives, backup drives) run on standard USB.

    I have nothing I can plug into this new macbook. I'm going to have to buy a lot of dongles.

    So... what are my best options for dongles/adaptors/hubs/docks so I can connect accessories or monitors (all USB or HDMI) to this $1500 laptop? I'd like at least 2 HDMI ports and a bunch of USB ports.

    (Obviously an Amazon search turns up a thousand results. I was just wondering which ones people here have actually used and find to work well.)

    submitted by /u/e_ikx
    [link] [comments]

    Before I return my Macbook Pro 13in someone tell me a second monitor they’ve used with it

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 08:55 PM PDT

    Anker Omnia Mix as charger?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 11:47 PM PDT

    2021 MBA M1 brand new or used 2019 MBA (both base models)..what's going to be bang for buck? Or much practical?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 11:20 PM PDT

    What will be more bang for buck? A 2019 MBA base model here in our country used is about $300 less than the newest model. Let's say that I just aim to use the MBA for about 3-4 years. I'm only a casual user, heavy on productivity work, media consumption, and browsing. I don't intend to use it for now for any media creation or editing. I might try to learn some light photo/video editing or coding but that's about it.

    Need your thoughts and opinions.

    submitted by /u/pizzainmyskull
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air M1 Speaker Volume Incredibly Low

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 11:17 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Just got a new MacBook Air M1 and after a few days I realized that the speaker volume is super low. I have to listen to anything at basically max volume for it to be audible.

    Is this a common issue, and if so, are there any fixes?

    I'm thinking of returning it at this point because my iPhone speakers seem to be louder.

    submitted by /u/holygr4il
    [link] [comments]

    Air vs Pro?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 05:14 PM PDT

    I currently have a MBPro 2017. The screen cracked and I got an external monitor and used it that way (replacement screen was like $800). Now it won't even boot. I use my laptop a lot (retired tech teacher and amateur genealogist). I'm gonna buy a new one this week. There is no way I can wait until Nov for a new model. I use it a lot for online research. I also use Family Tree Maker for Mac, and use Affinity Photo to restore and enhance photos. Most of my files are stored on either Dropbox or icloud. I game once in awhile. I also watch a lot of videos, and will be starting several online genealogy courses this year.

    My question. Air or Pro? I definitely would go for an M1 laptop. I'd bump up storage to 512. I'd go for the 13" since I have a 15" external monitor if I need a bigger screen size. I use it all day, so thinking I probably should go for Pro b/c of the fan. Would love to hear others' opinions.

    TIA

    submitted by /u/philateech
    [link] [comments]

    Lmk what you would do

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 11:01 PM PDT

    Today I ordered my very first macbook (m1 mbp 16gig) and also you could say I hardly used laptops over the period of time.So I'm hoping people here recommends me the apps, external devices/protectors and cleaning methods they choose for their macbooks that could benefit me in future.

    submitted by /u/Tricky_Ad865
    [link] [comments]

    New to MacBooks- about to purchase two for kids and need advice

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 04:59 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I have a 9th grader and a senior in HS. For the 9th grader I know I'm going to get the Air with 8GB ram and 256 memory, but what about my senior? Would like it to last through college— would you recommend MacBook Pro with smaller memory/storage, or Air with higher memory/storage. Will be for schoolwork, movies, and she does some gaming (lives Red dead redemption lol). Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

    submitted by /u/sprit_06
    [link] [comments]

    0%

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 10:18 PM PDT

    Someone please answer quick

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 09:55 PM PDT

    So I recently got a MacBook Air m1 8ggb and 256ssd. And I wanted to game so I downloaded parallel and got windows but I'm scared it gonna fry or break my MacBook or ruin the battery. Is it safe? Is it gonna cause any harm. Pls answer

    submitted by /u/Accomplished_Media51
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air M1 base or 16GB?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    Hey guys. So I'm gonna be a student soon and I was wondering if I should buy the MB air base model or the 16GB model. The budget is kinda tight, as you would imagine with a student. I'm trying to make this laptop last a long time and was wondering if the base model is sufficient enough. I would mostly be using this for word processing, software required for university and to watch videos and netflix and stuff, maybe some light gaming from time to time.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/SeparateInternal4
    [link] [comments]

    Mbp 2014 trackpad making weird click/rattle sound?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 01:00 PM PDT

    2009 Macbook Pro 5,5 SSD upgrade - can't boot from external USB nor internal SATA

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 10:28 AM PDT

    Dug out my old mid-2009 Macbook Pro (5,5) for my daughter to use. Upgraded the RAM from 2GB to 8GB (huge improvement!), and am now attempting to upgrade the HD to SSD. I had a spare BNIB Samsung EVO 850 Pro 512GB, so I erased and formatted the drive followed by using Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the drive. All seems well, until I restart the machine, press option, and the USB/SATA-connected SSD is not displayed as a boot option. Tried removing the old spinning drive, and placing the SSD in the machine itself, connected to the SATA, and I get the folder with the question mark.

    I USB/SATA connected the SSD to my 2011 Macbook Pro, and it turned up as a bootable drive, so the drive must be formatted correctly.

    I went back to the 2009 Macbook (with its original spinning drive back in place), and tried resetting PROM and NVRAM, but still didn't work.

    I'm confused. I read the EVO is backwards compatible to be able to use with the older SATA II on my 2009 Macbook.

    Of course, no one else seems to be having this issue. Pls halp.

    submitted by /u/monsieuRawr
    [link] [comments]

    Random restarting

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 11:16 AM PDT

    Hi! I recently got my MacBook Pro 2020 in June, but this past month I've encountered 2 instances where my Mac randomly restarted. What could be the problem? Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/firethunderbird96
    [link] [comments]

    Is base model MacBook Air worth it for $700?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 02:57 PM PDT

    I was offered one for $700, like new, and I'm wondering if it was worth it.

    I think that I will need the 16gb version in the future, but If I were to get this one and sell it later on for the 14 inch would it be worth it?

    edit: it is m1 base model

    submitted by /u/Boston_Abel
    [link] [comments]

    How is my files from my Windows PC showing up on my MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 02:33 PM PDT

    Hi! I recently bought a 2009 MacBook Pro and I love it, but I was quite alarmed and intrigued to see that files off my dad's (house) PC were appearing in my spotlight search. I know their his as their pdfs of past papers for the classes he teaches. It's extremely cool, but I want to know what's doing it and can I connect it to my PC (which is hooked to the WiFi using a WiFi dongle)?

    submitted by /u/Quacksuss
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 01:42 PM PDT

    Can someone make a Apple ID with el capitán soi can use the MacBook I bought it won't let me install without a Apple ID linked to El Capitan someone help

    submitted by /u/origimon
    [link] [comments]

    Can't find Masters folder in Macbook

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 01:41 PM PDT

    When I open my Photo Booth app, all photos and videos are still there at the bottom. I can still export it so it's not a big deal since I will still have copies. However, I know that all original files are placed in the Masters folder but when I right-click on the Photo Booth and Photo Library icons and Show Packaged Content, I can't find the original Masters folder. I'm not sure if I deleted it but it's not there.

    My questions:

    1. Can I retrieve it? I empty my Trash so it's not there.
    2. Can I recreate it? Is this recommended?
    3. If the Masters folder is gone, does that mean I can no longer retrieve the original files of my photos and videos?
    4. What does it mean when Masters folder is gone?
    5. Do I need it?
    6. If I have not exported any of the photos and videos from the actual Photo Booth app, does that mean there are no other files for those photos and videos on my MacBook?
    submitted by /u/onasunnysnow
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air M1 after

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 01:30 PM PDT

    Hi guys!

    I had a Screen Crash problem on my MacBook Air m1. The motherboard and Touch ID was replaced(of course it was done under warranty in original service). Fortunately I don't have this problem anymore :D BUT when I close my MacBooks lid, it won't turn off(the screen is still turned on). Is it a problem with a setting in macOS Big Sur or should I ask for a replacement MacBook or have it repaired again?

    submitted by /u/axelfeltasleep
    [link] [comments]

    In a pinch. Need something that can run cinema 4D for school.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    I have a 2009 13in MacBook that can't run anything higher than High Sierra. I need something that can run Mojave to run this program. What's my cheapest/best route to resolve my problem?

    submitted by /u/LandOrSun
    [link] [comments]

    can I damage my speakers playing at full volume?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 12:46 PM PDT

    I like to listen to a lot of music and when friends are over I sometimes will play it from my laptop and turn the volume all the way up. I don't hear any distortion but I also just bought this laptop a few days ago and have heard people busting phone speakers after playing music at full volume. Can this happen to my M1 Macbook Air? might be a dumb question but idk and don't wanna be sorry one day lol.

    submitted by /u/babazz99
    [link] [comments]

    My First Macbook.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 08:54 AM PDT

    Hi All, I got my first macbook after around an year's savings. To be honest. I'm scared to even hold it my hands. It's MBA M1 base model. I'm completely new to MacOs. Coming to my question to you all.. is Rossetta Bad? I mean I saw YouTube guys saying apps running on Rossetta 2 cause huge swap usage. I'm worried about this..

    submitted by /u/Lazy-Caregiver-5565
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel