• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 3, 2021

    Apple Macbook Got my first MacBook for school as I’ll be freshmen in college. seeing a lot people say IPad is very beneficial for college got me thinking whether I made the wrong decision buying this instead of the IPad Pro. I’ll be majoring in business. What’s your take on this? Is iPad or MacBook better? Help🙏🏽

    Apple Macbook Got my first MacBook for school as I’ll be freshmen in college. seeing a lot people say IPad is very beneficial for college got me thinking whether I made the wrong decision buying this instead of the IPad Pro. I’ll be majoring in business. What’s your take on this? Is iPad or MacBook better? Help����


    Got my first MacBook for school as I’ll be freshmen in college. seeing a lot people say IPad is very beneficial for college got me thinking whether I made the wrong decision buying this instead of the IPad Pro. I’ll be majoring in business. What’s your take on this? Is iPad or MacBook better? Help����

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 11:12 PM PDT

    Apple plans to fit bigger batteries in Macbooks

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 12:08 PM PDT

    Eurasian regulatory documents show that M1X MacBook Pro is preparing to launch

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 11:04 PM PDT

    Deal of the day at Best Buy ($999)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:24 AM PDT

    Leaving plugged in to reduce cycle count or using on battery to reduce battery wear

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 03:51 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I have recently bought a macbook pro m1 and I am currently on 19th battery cycle. I have heard that batteries will stay in good health when not being charged to more than 80-90percent because they dont have to maintain high voltage. But I have also heard that leaving it plugged in most of the time will reduce cycle count. I currently use my macbook mostly on battery and letting it charge when I am on 30-40 percent. Which of the latter is more important to preserve battery? Should I leave my macbook plugged in most of the time or should I use it on battery on 20-80percent charge?

    submitted by /u/hungry_ape
    [link] [comments]

    Apple will make room for larger batteries in iPhones, iPads and MacBooks by adopting thinner chips

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 02:58 AM PDT

    Macbook air m1 heating in long term?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 11:06 PM PDT

    Hi I was thinking of getting a macbook for school purposes. I settled for the macbook air m1 and had ordered it too but due to some issue had to return it and now I am considering of getting the macbook pro since it has active cooling. I just had a thought that the macbook air m1 will start throttling after an year or two since yhe thermal paste might wear off and on the other hand the macbook pro's fan could compensate. I don't really edit videos..just light coding and some picture editing..and ofcourse online lectures and notes taking. I wish to hold the laptop for about 3-4 years and then will trade it in. Should I go for the pro instead of air because the "no fan" in macbook air concerns me. Thanks Edit: I don't really know of this is a valid question but any assistance would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/I_am-A-Silly-Rat
    [link] [comments]

    Can I buy a new macbook and downgrade to Catalina?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 02:10 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Basically title.

    I am working for a new company, and some of their software is unstable on Big Sur so I need to run Catalina. I also have budget to get a new MBP, so I was hoping that something like this might be an option. I would want the Intel chip.

    Does anyone know if it's feasible? What functionality would I lose?

    submitted by /u/seedobeggars
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020), want to pair with 2 monitors using 1 cable

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 09:56 PM PDT

    I bought a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) and want to pair a dell u2417h monitor as well as an older monitor with just 1 cable.

    I have a Dell Docking Station – USB 3.0 (D3100) that works with a older windows laptop (will power both monitor as well as external keyboard) with just the 1 plug but upon plugging the plug into my macbook it will not power up both monitors.

    Am I doing something wrong and have to tamper with settings or is the mac just not compatible with this dell charger?

    submitted by /u/phamtime
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about MacOS Big Sur

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    So I'm still running MacOS Mojave because somehow I had no idea MacOS Big Sur was a thing.

    I've been thinking of updating but I have some questions to ask in advance, specifically about saving data.

    I have iCloud but from what I've heard, this will not guarantee a preservation of data when one upgrades to MacOS Big Sur and a lot of data may be erased.

    Also, I have a question concerning Google Earth? If I somehow manage to extract my info from Google Earth, will it correctly display on an updated version of GE? I have some surprisingly complex projects I was working on with Google Earth and I want to ensure that they don't get corrupted or damaged when I upgrade.

    submitted by /u/seaboigium
    [link] [comments]

    The progress bar gets stuck at 100% when trying to update to Big Sur

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:36 PM PDT

    I have a 2015 MacBook Air on OS X Yosemite and the Big Sur installer from the AppStore works until it gets to the end and then nothing happens. Is there any way to complete the install?

    submitted by /u/Kcap04
    [link] [comments]

    So I choose to get my MBP 2012s battery replaced at a Computer Repair shop, despite looking into recent models…Was it worth it?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    Guy charged 95 ($103 after taxes), he saw the specs and said whoever owned It previously (I got it off the original owner on Craigslist for like $400) had it upgraded from a 4GB Ram to a 8GB and 500GB storage to 750GB SATA, he recommended a SSD install for like $195 is it worth getting that after the battery install?

    Because honestly the Macbook runs pretty good, its just the faulty battery that makes me not bother to use it…And I mainly use it for Photoshop and nothing more, I know that 8GB of RAM is good enough for Adobe Suites vs if the Laptop was standard issue with 4GB RAM.

    And I also decided to invest in this due to the MBP 2012 still being held to a high standard…Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/vrokenhearted
    [link] [comments]

    Scenekit..thing..makes my MacBook lag..

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 06:57 PM PDT

    Okay, I already hate Apple products but seeing as my college issued these to us students and it's the only laptop I've got right now. Aside from my gaming pc. I take the MacBook to work and wherever else I go.. my parent's house. etc. I'm also still getting to know the damn thing. I haven't used an Apple product since high school.

    I can't be the only one who suffers from that "SceneKitQLThumbnailExtension" causing overheating and high CPU usage. It overheats already from using Substance Painter, Photoshop, and Autodesk Maya.. What do I do? How do I delete it or remedy this issue? I'm tired of having to go into the Activity Monitor and force close it down. Also what starts it up? I hope some of you have an answer to give. 😅

    submitted by /u/Clariza-
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Cycle Count increasing while connecting to a USB-C external display with its power adapter connected on it.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 05:05 PM PDT

    Last week, my battery cycle count is 8, and never charged my MBA M1 but connect an external display with USB-C input. As I connect it, MACOS battery icon state it is connected to a power adapter but the battery is not charging. I ignored this message since I assume it does not impact my battery health. This week, when I really start to charge my MBA M1 with the original power adapter, the battery cycle count is 11. Do you believe that the power adapter of my external battery is causing this? Even MBA states battery is not charging? Will this impact the health of the battery?

    submitted by /u/pog4g
    [link] [comments]

    Constant kernel panic has made my 2017 12" MacBook unusable

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 04:06 PM PDT

    For the last couple years I've been experiencing kernel panic on and off, it's now happening so frequently I'm close to not being able to use my laptop at all. I did reach out to Apple support about a year ago, after doing some basic troubleshooting they recommended doing a system restore. I tried to do the option that allows you to keep your files (not the full one that erases everything) and it ran into some error and wasn't able to complete the process.

    During the winter the problem mostly went away and recently came back with a vengeance. I thought it may be related to the CPU overheating but the problem still occurs even when I have a fan blowing at full force directly at it. My OS and all apps are up to date. Malwarebytes scan says no malware. It will happen at any time, including when the laptop is restarting from another kernel panic. Turning off wifi, Bluetooth and all apps does not make a difference.

    Etrecheck scan can be found here:

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253013731

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/AtmaWeapon
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro M1 chip 8gb or 16 RAM? Apple M1 chip

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 03:04 PM PDT

    I'm an engineer currently not a student but might use this laptop for my masters in the next year or so, would the 8GB RAM with the M1 chip suffice?

    submitted by /u/sammarg123
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air m1 doesn't find an external display

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 07:18 AM PDT

    Hello guys,

    I just got my MacBook Air M1 delivered to me and I wanted to use Lg 27UK850-w as my main display while the MacBook would just lie on the desk. I wanted to connect it via USB-C cable, but MacBook doesn't see it as a display. When I connect the cable it just starts charging my MacBook. Does anyone have an idea what to do? I'd be really greatful.

    Cheers!

    EDIT Turned out I wasn't using USB-c/thunderbolt cable, once i used the proper one, everything worked out just fine :)

    submitted by /u/redditoverlord69
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro NTFS for Mac apps no longer mounting ntfs drives

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 12:26 PM PDT

    I'm, a video editor and have always used the Paragon software to mount ntfs formatted drives. Now, all of a sudden, all the same ntfs drives I worked with earlier this year on the same macbook pro are not only mounting as read only and i'm unable to access any files. I just tried installing tuxera for mac and I'm still only mounting in read-only? What the heck is going on? Please help.

    macbook pro 2019 16 inch

    Tuxera and Paragon NTFS apps no longer mounting in read/write. MacOS is up to date Big Sur

    submitted by /u/AJ_King8778
    [link] [comments]

    New MacBook launches in September 2021?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 11:51 AM PDT

    I am looking to buy my first MacBook. Haven't yet decided whether Air or Pro. (Have used only iphone and ipad till now).

    Would be using it to create iOS apps and Blender.

    Money as such isn't a constraint.

    Should I wait till September in case Apple is releasing M1 for 16' or something else too?

    submitted by /u/roadstercraft
    [link] [comments]

    Is this battery capacity loss typical for only eight months? M1 Macbook purchased January 2021.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    Cannot find 'Show Desktop' Command on Karabiner for Mac.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 09:34 AM PDT

    I am currently using the program Karabiner to customise my mac's keyboard shortcuts.

    I would like to switch my F4 key from 'Show Spotlight' to 'Show Desktop' (same function as spreading three fingers and thumb on the trackpad).

    I cannot find the command within the program however for 'show desktop'. Anyone know how I could do this?

    submitted by /u/brokenswordperson
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook M1 Air or Pro?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    Is the free keyboard repair still valid for MacBook 12" Early 2016? (UK)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    I'm in the UK and looking a buying a used MacBook 12", however I want to make sure if the keyboard fails, I can still get a repair. Looking at the Apple website, it lists a bunch of models that are eligible for free out of warranty repairs: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

    The part that confuses me is right at the bottom it says:

    The program covers eligible MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit.

    Given this, doesn't that exclude quite a few models from the list i.e. all of the 2015 and 2016 models? I'm not sure why they are on the list if that's the case, or if I'm reading it wrong and they are still covered?

    submitted by /u/addsimpson
    [link] [comments]

    Multi-adapter Recos

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 08:57 AM PDT

    Hello! I am planning to buy a multi-adapter so I could use my hard drive, flash drive, and memory card (from my camera). Would you guys recommend buying the Apple Multi-adapter (either VGA or HDMI) or are there other good and trustworthy brands? I read that there are multi-adapters that can actually damage your MB. I would appreciate it if you have suggestions! ❤️

    submitted by /u/annagianelliv
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel