• Breaking News

    Monday, August 9, 2021

    Apple Help Stop providing news stories that all require subscriptions!! What the hell!

    Apple Help Stop providing news stories that all require subscriptions!! What the hell!


    Stop providing news stories that all require subscriptions!! What the hell!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 04:21 PM PDT

    In the news tab it will show the "top stories" every time when you actually click them to read it's news websites like the Washington post which only let you read a paragraph and require a subscription. Why put these stories up? Why not only put stories you can actually read without paying? Geez. Super annoying.

    Otherwise just take the darn top news area away.

    submitted by /u/Streetvan1980
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X, this is happening on loop. Have tried holding power button and lower volume button together to try force restart but doesn’t work.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 02:06 AM PDT

    Is it worth it to upgrade phone from 11 pro max to 12 pro max?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 09:34 PM PDT

    I'm planning to do an upgrade from 11 pro max since I have 2 other apple smart phones that I don't use anymore. Unfortunately, I could only trade 1 phone. I decided why not upgrade from 11 pro max (I'm currently using along with 2 other phones) to 12 pro max. But I have to pay $600+ after tax for getting the 12 pro max.

    I really want to get rid of my other 2 phones but I'm hesitating if it's worth it.

    submitted by /u/monarch-6ix
    [link] [comments]

    Question about charging the Magsafe Battery Pack

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 08:34 PM PDT

    Was thinking of buying Apple's new Magsafe Battery pack. Watched a review saying that you have to charge it with the 20w adapter.

    Thing is, I have both an 18w (came with my ipad Pro 2018 version) and a 20w adapter (bought separetely). One for work and one for home. But they both look exactly the same and I can't tell which is is, is there any way to find out? By some text on the adapters itself or something ?

    submitted by /u/Ryus3i
    [link] [comments]

    Question about IPhone

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 07:55 PM PDT

    So I'm planning on upgrading my 6s this week to a SE, but was wondering if people knew if I got it through Apple, how I can keep my number and account at AT&T.

    submitted by /u/lizzyeb97
    [link] [comments]

    Switch off startup chime?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 07:52 PM PDT

    Simple question for you, apologies if it's been covered to death previously. I promise I searched.

    Is it possible to switch off the startup chime? Or change the volume? I've tried this text in terminal:

    sudo nvram StartupMute=%01

    But it didn't work. Chime will not go away.

    Any suggestions?

    Am on macOS Catalina 10.15.7

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/coloquialkween
    [link] [comments]

    I just bought a MacBook Pro and the LCD screen is broken?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 07:38 PM PDT

    I have a 2020 MacBook Pro 13 inch, does anyone know how much it'll cost to get the LCD screen replaced?

    submitted by /u/helpmepls1120
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t open iPhone photos on Windows

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 11:21 PM PDT

    So, it was working like up two weeks ago, something has changed. When I plug in my iPhone X to my windows pc (tried on 2 computers, not working) by original iPhone cable and I try to browse photos (in windows explorer) they seem not to load properly. Sometimes they don't open (try few times and it magically work), sometimes they freeze and are displayed in a very low quality. It's just very annoying :< Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this?

    submitted by /u/Lucjusz
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro 2012 screen shaky, tried new lcd and replace the flexible stuff but still not resolved. Any idea why this is happening?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 11:19 PM PDT

    Is this even possible…

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 11:14 PM PDT

    I found a text on my husband's watch that did not show on his phone. There were a few text exchanges and then a picture of himself was sent to this person. On his phone there were directions to questionable locations in his maps app. When confronted, he said that someone else must have access to his phone (remotely) and they sent these texts…upon checking the account (which is phone is set up through work) an unrecognized number was linked to the account. However, I just don't see how someone could 1)send a text from his number and that be the only one that shows 2) send a picture of his face that was actually a picture of us but I was cropped out 3) also have their google maps somehow linked to where JUST those address appeared in his maps. Am I being naive here in trusting that he really didn't send it or is this an actual possible scenario that somehow this person had access to his iCloud acct and could use his pictures in a text thread posing as him coming from his number but that be the only text thread of the sort that show?

    submitted by /u/ImNotSoSure2008
    [link] [comments]

    Daisy chain Mac Pro question?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 07:07 PM PDT

    Hey everyone I have a 2019 Mac book pro 13" wondering if it's possible to daisy chain? One monitor has USB C so I have that directly connected to my Mac. And was trying to add the other one which doesn't have a USB c port rather a DP IN. I tried to wire the DP OUT to the second monitors DP IN but it didn't work. Can someone tell me if this should work or am I doing something wrong?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/WeaknessGlass
    [link] [comments]

    Suspicious Chinese Login

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 07:05 PM PDT

    Today while in work I got a 2 step authentication notification asking if I'd allow a log in from Jinan, Shandong, China. Of course I denied it because mainly, I live in Ireland and have never been to China.

    Just about 20-30 minutes ago my phone notified me that my AppleID had been locked due to security reasons. I had to reset my password for the second time today.

    Is there anything I can do to fix this long term? Why and how is this happening even?

    submitted by /u/flickidawrist
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my iPhone 11 overheating and battery draining quickly, all while charging slowly?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 06:53 PM PDT

    Seriously, this has been a problem for well over a month now. I've tried looking online for answers and I've gotten nothing. The only thing I see is along the lines of "Yeah, this is an iOS problem, update to the iOS 15 beta and that'll fix it." Well, I did exactly that, and here I am a month later with nothing fixed. I'm on the current beta update right now and if anything it's only gotten worse. I've tried everything you could imagine. I've turned off background app refreshing, I've deleted apps and photos to clear memory (which I wasn't even low on to begin with), I've tried keeping my phone in low battery mode, and so much more. Nothing. I get nothing. My phone used to be able to last me all day, now it dies by the afternoon. Plus, it overheats so much that I have to put it down (seriously, I'm scared it's going to blow up and kill me or something). I'm sure it goes without saying that I'm pretty pissed. To add on to it, my phone is lagging a lot more lately and disconnects from my wifi randomly at some points in the day. I've made sure it doesn't have any viruses, so I'm completely lost on what the issue is. Hell, while I type this my screen is dimmed all the way automatically because of how hot my phone is, and I have it plugged into my charger where I've been stuck at 78% for three hours. What the hell is this? And how do I fix this? It's gotten so bad that, no exaggeration, my phone is becoming completely unusable. Hell, my battery's maximum capacity dropped from 80% to 77% in a week while I've had this iPhone for a year. Someone please help, cause I'm ready to chuck this thing out my window.

    submitted by /u/ShadowSolidus01
    [link] [comments]

    Is my iPad battery swollen? Need assistance /:

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 10:22 PM PDT

    I have iPad Air 2 that my friend gave me. Now the situation is that the frame seems to me a little bend. The screen on right side kinda popped out from the metal frame. Seems like the adhesive just went bad. Some people said it might be swollen battery. I'm trying to smell the iPad or the inside and I don't really smell something burnt. I took picture of the iPad also screenshots from the software iMazing which can tell the battery health and some information about it. I'm not expert so what y'all think? Btw screen is not cracked . And seems to work ok.

    The link will have all photos..

    https://imgur.com/a/zgRYDEh

    submitted by /u/Sharrps
    [link] [comments]

    All of my tabs in safari show black screens. How do I fix it?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 06:28 PM PDT

    When I load safari, all of my tabs are black and don't show the page. I'm not sure why this is happening, but I want to know how to fix it.

    submitted by /u/Atlas-spooner
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch Charging Issue

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 06:21 PM PDT

    When I put my watch on the charger (the one that came with the watch), it shows that it is charging but the whole time it's on there the battery charge is actually steadily going down. The watch also gets really hot on there. This just started yesterday and I didn't change anything. I charged it using a friend's charger and it was perfectly normal. Do I just need a new charger? It's weird because the watch shows the green lightening bolt and says it is charging when the battery is being drained faster than it does when i'm actually wearing it.

    My watch is only two months old and has no other issues. It is the SE.

    submitted by /u/allisuun
    [link] [comments]

    How to create a new Apple ID without losing all my photos and contacts?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 09:55 PM PDT

    My current phone is connected to a single Apple ID account with all of my family's devices. It gets annoying whenever we add a new device because it becomes a mess to sort out messages going to different devices. I want to create an entirely new Apple ID for my phone, but I do not want to lose any of my contacts and preferably photos either. My family has very limited iCloud storage so none of us upload backups(currently 3.8/5GB used up in iCloud storage). Could someone walk through the process of doing this? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/silverarrow5
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook Pro won’t turn on after overheating while asleep

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 06:08 PM PDT

    So to add the full story, I was on a zoom meeting two days back, then my video hanged and my laptop reset. I decided to leave it off for 12 hrs before I turned it back on to work again.

    I began noticing weird things like it'd say 0% after I'd just charge it. Then when I'd plug the charger in, it would say 80% charging (or something).

    Last night I put it to sleep. I closed it and passed out. But I woke up in 4am and heard my macbook's fan working excessively. I opened my MacBook but no screen showed. It was just black. The keyboard was hot, so I held the power button until it shut down and the fan stopped; minutes after, it cooled down then I went back to sleep. I woke back up and tried to turn it on for work, but it wouldn't. Does anybody know what's wrong with it?

    submitted by /u/Francis-ace
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pencil not working

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 05:23 PM PDT

    I just got an iPad 8 and a first generation Apple Pencil. It only works half the time. It's fully charged and it's connected properly. I googled the issue and it said that it could be because the app I'm using doesn't support the pencil, but that doesn't make sense. It doesn't work on the Home Screen for the most part. I don't know what to do

    submitted by /u/Outside-Reindeer607
    [link] [comments]

    Should I use Shared Albums or Personal Albums?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 05:21 PM PDT

    I am someone who has used the regular "Photos" app on the iPhone / Macbook since I had my first iPhone over 5 years ago. When I create an album a specific vacation or person, I would typically create a "New Album" and add photos from my photo library. I recently noticed a few downsides with this.

    1) You can't have someone collaborate an add photos to the same album

    2) The photos I would add to an album still show up in my "Recents" so there isn't a convenient way to see if you've added a photo to an album or not. This is because if you delete a photo from your library, it is also deleted from your album.

    3) Album organization is messy because once you've had your account for 5+ or 10+ years, its tough to remember if an album is a personal album or a shared album.

    My thought is, are there any downsides to create "Shared Albums" instead of personal albums even if I'm the only contributor to the album?

    Benefits would include:

    - Album organization (All albums would be a shared album)

    - Easier to collaborate with other people on specific albums

    - Once I add a photo to a shared album, I could delete it from my library to theoretically save on storage space (looking for clarification if this is true or not?)

    I saw a note that said "The size of the shared photo or video is usually smaller, optimized for sharing.' Is there a way to turn this off? I'm worried about losing out on photo quality and I don't want that to happen.

    Thank you in advance for any help. Happy to clarify any questions.

    submitted by /u/josdew99
    [link] [comments]

    i bought my macbook two days ago, it has these sort of marks. should i be worried? or what should i do?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 08:58 PM PDT

    Bootlooping Recovery Mode iPhone 5s

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 08:49 PM PDT

    Hi all. I recently discovered my old 5s from years ago in a box and powered it on for the fun of it. To my dismay, it started boot looping with a red screen showing after the Apple logo. I tried restoring it with Finder, thinking I could just restore an iCloud backup after setup. Finder ("iTunes") recognized it in recovery mode and successfully started the process, but hung at "Preparing iPhone for Restore". I stopped the process and started it again. This time, I left it running. Once it finished, it said that Finder couldn't restore it due to an "unknown error". I unplugged the phone and tried a hard reboot. Now it's started boot looping into Recovery. It'll show the normal Apple logo and boot sequence but then go straight to Recovery. After 15 minutes, instead of exiting Recovery, it just shows the Apple boot logo and goes back into Recovery. I tried holding down Power till the phone turns off and then turning it back on again in an attempt to exit Recovery mode to no avail. I can't enter DFU mode, either - it seems to have two modes; Off and On in Recovery. Hard resetting does nothing either. After Googling my "symptoms", multiple sources said to open the phone and disconnect the front camera/sensor/speaker module. That didn't fix it as well. Please help!! If it assists any, it's a 16 GB iPhone 5s on 12.4.7.

    submitted by /u/joanna_henderson_907
    [link] [comments]

    Random unknown emergency contact in iphone

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Hi!

    I checked my emergency contacts, and there was an unsaved number listed as my 'sister' in my emergency contacts. Does anyone know how this may have occurred? Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/thorify
    [link] [comments]

    Today I replaced the hinges on the display. When I finished and turned my Macbook back on, the screen looked like this. I use a MacBook Pro (15 inches, mid 2012).

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 04:56 PM PDT

    What does file vault do if my drive defaults to encrypted

    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 08:39 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I was reading that the M1 Mac default to encrypting the hard drive. However, there is a setting to encrypt the drive via file vault. What are the differences between file vault on vs file vault off. Keep in mind that I am speaking just in terms of encrypting the internal SSD and not about the external hard drives.

    submitted by /u/paulsiu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel