• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 4, 2021

    Apple Help Does warranty apply to this?

    Apple Help Does warranty apply to this?


    Does warranty apply to this?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 04:21 AM PDT

    Is there a way to disable particular emojis from showing up when you type a word?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 07:44 PM PDT

    I don't know why but the cockroach emoji really freaks my out, it's just an extreme disgust and I hate it so much that I have to close my eyes and guess the next letter when I type the word so that I don't see it pop up on the text suggestions.

    Is there a way I can disable this emoji from popping up? Any help would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/Throwaway-2320302
    [link] [comments]

    Significant battery drain on 12 Pro Max paired with Watch SE

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 10:24 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I've got an iPhone 12 Pro Max and an Apple Watch SE and I'm experiencing major battery drain on my iPhone since I got the watch a week ago.

    The watch itself has good battery life but my iPhone has taken a major hit. I used to get a full 24 hours easily and now I'm struggling to get through a work day.

    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Chander-17
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Artwork Wrong

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 09:59 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm trying to upload my music from my laptop to my phone (I make my own music, btw, not a pirate). I download it as an audio file, adjust the file info in iTunes (including adding artwork of my own), and then add it to my device (which is plugged into my laptop). This process has been going well, but since I upgraded my iPhone, every time I add a song, it uploads to my iPhone with the artwork of another song (even though on my laptop the artwork is correct). I've already restarted both devices and I've made sure that iTunes and iOS are all up to date. Any fixes? Thanks so much.

    submitted by /u/Apprehensive_Box2542
    [link] [comments]

    Airpods not able to connect when switching devices

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 09:56 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    So i go between my macbook and iphone quite a bit during the day, and everytime I do I have an issue re-connecting my airpod (pros). Bluetooth saves the device, but just cliking connect causes it to just hover and tell me to 'check if in range'. I have to remove it, and re-connect the whole device using the charger. Am I stupid? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/enterguild
    [link] [comments]

    Why are my photos like this? The red middle part is dark blue in real life, why is it appearing red?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 05:19 PM PDT

    Apple TV remote won’t control the audio (but everything else works), instead connects to my RGB LEDs for some reason

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    Can't update macOS because it keeps disconnecting from the internet

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 08:34 PM PDT

    I'm trying to update my Macbook Pro Early 2015 model running on 11.4 Big Sur. However, when I try to update for some reason it disconnects from the wifi by itself even if it's right next to our router. It tends to disconnect by itself too just by having Photoshop on, playing a Youtube video or being on a Discord call. Same thing happens to my bluetooth headphones. Is there something I could do to fix this?

    submitted by /u/vanilluxite
    [link] [comments]

    Deleted app appears again after 1 month

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 11:30 AM PDT

    Last month, I downloaded a game from App Store and then deleted it after a day. I'm pretty sure that I deleted the app, not the kind of removed from home screen or offload unused apps (actually I don't even activate offload unused apps). Yesterday I downloaded Netflix on my phone and I used the app quite lot. I think I didn't saw that game besides Netflix for the several hours after installation and it was all normal till I saw that game which should not appear on my home screen, right next to Netflix. I don't share my icloud with anyone else and also use two-factor authentication and received no email from Apple. It's the first time I have this trouble and I deleted the game again.

    I don't understand what has happened. Have you guys ever seen this before? What should I do? I would really appreciate your answer. Thanks

    submitted by /u/apizzadodo6
    [link] [comments]

    should i upgrade my iPhone X from iOS 14.3 to iOS 14.7.1 ??

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 07:05 PM PDT

    so a few months ago , my uncle bought iPhone 12 Pro Max so he gave me his old iPhone X. My biggest mistake was upgrade from iOS 11 to iOS 14.3 . On-Screen Time is trash , performance is like 2/3 of its orginal state , and the phone is always hot like a furnace idk why . So should i upgrade from 14.3 to 14.7.1 ? Any major changes in battery performance / overall performance ?

    submitted by /u/Rich-Bodybuilder-949
    [link] [comments]

    How much does it cost to repair the screen of iPhone XR??

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 06:19 PM PDT

    When I press and hold my lock screen on this love photo it turns black then when I let go it goes back. Why is this?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 10:24 AM PDT

    Desktop files are gone after restarting Macbook Pro

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 05:31 PM PDT

    Yesterday I needed to restart my mac since it was bugging out and when I turned it back on, all my desktop files were gone. Today I tried opening an application on my doc and it wouldn't open so I think its stuff was gone too. I'm so confused as to why this has happened. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/yunsanio
    [link] [comments]

    Can't make bootable MacOS Big Sur USB

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 05:26 PM PDT

    When I use the Big Sur tool in the app store to install the update I get this error "In order to continue installing, you need to be an owner." How do I fix this? Also I'm on MacOS Montery Beta

    https://preview.redd.it/v96t3iqioff71.png?width=512&format=png&auto=webp&s=fbb4c12cf3011dd75a48e539babb23b0594283a9

    submitted by /u/Zealous007
    [link] [comments]

    This bar that says I can access Instagram from another person’s iPhone shows up on my phone. I fear that they can access my account too, how do I disable this? Thanks!!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 05:08 PM PDT

    Would a iPad battery voltage of 2.73 mean the battery is bad?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Hey, I bought a broken ipad ( a1673 iPad Pro 9.7 256gb) off a neighbor for $40 as a project and had a question. The problem with the ipad is that it wont boot. When you plug it in to charge, the apple logo comes on for a few seconds, then goes away, and comes back on after a few seconds and keeps repeating. If I unplug the cable while the apple screen is on, it turns off. If I plug into the computer, no recognition from the computer, and no life on ipad. I was able to put the ipad into restore mode and it asked me to hook into computer, but the moment I unplugged from the wall to plug into the computer, it turned off so I'm thinking its a bad battery?

    I opened it up and the battery has two cells and when I connect a multimeter to the cell leads both read a voltage of 2.73v. I know thats below the healthy Lithium limit but not terribly so. Before I shell out money to order a new battery, I was wondering if a voltage of 2.7 is bad enough for the ipad to not recognize it?

    Any other suggestions? I realize the BMS could be bad too, or many other problems but I'm new to fixing ipads but I'm handy with electronics.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/sulfate4
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Photo’s not saving all pictures

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 04:38 PM PDT

    Anyone else notice on latest iOS when you take a picture whether on wifi or cellular that it isn't actually backing up and saving the pictures to iCloud? Like when I'm on Mac Photos it's missing half of the pictures on my iPhone that I took. Why isn't it backing ALL of them up? It just picks and chooses random ones with no rhyme or reason.

    submitted by /u/EnnWhyy
    [link] [comments]

    I will give gold to whoever can figure out how to delete some books.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 04:32 PM PDT

    This is driving me crazy. All I want to do is permanently delete certain books in the Books app. Not hide, not remove from downloads, not remove from reading now, etc.

    I have spent the last half hour trying to figure out how to do what should've been a fairly straightforward and easy process.

    I tried things in the iPad, iPhone app and the Mac app. Sometimes I can actually delete or remove a book, but at other times, those options aren't even in the menu. remove/delete aren't even options. I think the most frustrating part is that it seems so damn inconsistent and unintuitive. afaik I have followed all the steps that I've seen by Apple and in google search. Nothing works like it says it should.

    So I guess I can't just delete certain books? Like, they will literally always be in my library forever? Didn't iTunes do this same kind of bullshit with music in your library?

    Oh well, I'll just go back to using my Kindle since their developers are actually competent and not the architects of some convoluted and inconsistent library management software.

    It's all these free "Classics" books that won't fuck off.

    Screenshots:

    https://imgur.com/VED4qgk

    https://imgur.com/2hwjdPC

    https://imgur.com/cm9FB3M

    https://imgur.com/hRdYp1p

    https://imgur.com/x172S3p

    The last book shows Delete, which is what I see with most books. It's just those goddamn classic that won't go away.

    submitted by /u/fatpat
    [link] [comments]

    Apple pencil 2nd Generation

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    Can I still use the apple pencil with bluetooth turned off? I read a few articles online suggesting that the pencil can still be used as a simple non bluetooth capacitative stylus. I tried turning off bluetooth in my settings but then my pencil immediately stops working. Is this intended or is something wrong?

    submitted by /u/lianopperman48
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to open iTunes after replacing a symbolic link between one external hdd to new external drive

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 04:19 PM PDT

    MacBookAir

    El Capitan 10.11.6

    I had previously used the instructions in the article Back Up Your iPhone to an External Hard Drive with a Terminal Command to create a link to a WD MyPassport drive.

    I just replaced that drive with WD_BLACK. I copied everything to this new drive. Before I made the new link, the "Backup" folder in ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/ had the arrow on it to show that it's a shorcut and it was linked to MyPassport.

    Today I tried to create a new link using the same instructions from the article. I didn't get it right the first time so I made multiple attempts which I will list below but let me just cut to the point where I got the new link completed.

    Right now, when I try to open iTunes I get the following error:

    The folder containing "iTunes Library" cannot be found, and is required. Please choose or create a new iTunes library.

    Then after choosing the correct folder, I get this error:

    An iTunes library file could not be found in the folder "Backup". Please choose a different folder.

    But with MyPassport drive connected, iTunes opens. And weirdly enough, when I go to Preferences > Devices and select "Show in Finder", the correct folder from WD_BLACK opens! So strange.

    I wanted to try backing up my phone but I didn't want MyPassport to interfere so I tried ejecting MyPassport but it said that it was being used by iTunes. I just physically disconnected the drive from the laptop. iTunes remained open and I attempted a backup. It didn't work:

    The iTunes Library cannot be saved. The required disk cannot be found.

    I tried syncing and got this error:

    The iPhone could not be synced because the sync session failed to start

    I'm stuck here right now. I don't know how to fix this.


    For the full picture, below are all the steps I took to get the new link created:

    ONE.

    The location of the copied "Backup" folder in MyPassport was in /iPhoneBackup/ but for WD_BLACK (partition called MacBackups) I changed it to /iPhoneBackup/backups_iPhone/. This was the only change I made.

    ln -s /Volumes/MacBackups/iPhoneBackup/backups_iPhone/Backup/ ~/Library/Application\ Support/MobileSync ln: /Users/someone/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup: File exists 

    TWO.

    I deleted the old "Backup" link from /MobileSync/

    NOTE: Yesterday, in the MobileSync folder, the "Backup" link icon looked like a Folder but today, before doing anything (as far as I can remember), the link icon was a white file icon. I don't know how it changed or if it even matters.

    Then in a new Terminal window I entered the command and a folder shortcut titled "Backup" popped up in MobileSync. Next, I tried to open iTunes but I got the same error. Choosing the folder didn't work.

    THREE.

    I deleted the newly created "Backup" folder link from MobileSync. I went to Trash and recovered the shortcut that I deleted in attempt TWO. The name now said "Backup copy".

    I put the command in to a new Terminal window and nothing new came up. It just went to the next line.

    A shortcut folder "Backup" popped up in MobileSync

    I again wasn't able to open iTunes.

    FOUR.

    I renamed the shortcut "Backup copy" to "Backup_oldfromMyPassport"

    Deleted the "Backup" link again.

    I put the command in to a new Terminal. New "Backup" link got created.

    This is where I am now.

    submitted by /u/silencioyou
    [link] [comments]

    Auto time locked. (Probably screen time) how do I unlock?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    Transferring files from old MacBook while dealing with kernel panic and where to buy new one?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 04:01 PM PDT

    Yesterday I made a post on here about my 2017 12" MacBook with constant kernel panic - took it to the Apple Store and discovered it's got faulty RAM.

    I'd rather just buy a new laptop than pay the $500 repair and have decided on the new MacBook Air. I never backed up my hard drive and will need to transfer everything over while dealing with my old laptop restarting because of the kernel panic.

    Factoring the constant/random kernel panic restarts, will I be be able Time Machine/Migration Assistant or should I stick to just transferring over small batches of files onto an external drive manually? If possible, I'd like to use Migration Assistant since that's seems to be the easiest option. Also, I've got thousands of tabs up on separate browsers - would I be able to transfer those over using TM/MA? I would assume there's no keeping them just by transferring over files manually.

    As for purchasing the new MacBook Air, I'm interested in getting the model with the 2TB SSD which from what I can tell is only sold from Apple's website (not in stores), B&H and Adorama. Does anyone know of any other authorized resellers that carry this model? Unfortunately Google's shopping results weren't any help here. Amazon, Best Buy and Costco's websites aren't showing it at all.

    submitted by /u/AtmaWeapon
    [link] [comments]

    Access Books Library

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 03:58 PM PDT

    All my books are purchased outside of Apple but I can't seem to find where Apple has those books stored on the Mac anymore. I'm just trying to find a way to back up my book library.

    submitted by /u/charlieseas
    [link] [comments]

    I have problems with my IPAd that's is locked

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 03:52 PM PDT

    Hi everyone

    I got this ipad mini from a friend of mine, but he doesn't remembers the icloud account to wich it's connected. Since he used "find my iphone" with the Ipad and he then restarted it, I can't use it untill the old icloud account autorisés it. Does anyone know how I can avoid this activation lock, please? Thank you all for the help!

    submitted by /u/Vonkhay
    [link] [comments]

    Don't own an Apple TV but Phone gave me a notification from Apple Keyboard ‘Choose a password to autofill’.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    So I've got no Apple TV, not on my wifi either. I got this notification which was this: 'Press to choose a saved password to share to a nearby Apple TV'.

    I tapped on it and it just said 'loading' and then nothing came up.

    Has someone in my area managed to get one of my passwords? I didn't tap anything further (as there was nothing to tap).

    This is the notification

    https://imgur.com/9eepH0g

    submitted by /u/throwaway_willQuail
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel