• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 31, 2021

    macOS 11.5.1 is out. Didn't we just get 11.5 the other day?

    macOS 11.5.1 is out. Didn't we just get 11.5 the other day?


    11.5.1 is out. Didn't we just get 11.5 the other day?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:23 PM PDT

    Safari performance problem confirmed.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 08:47 PM PDT

    Can you still side load iOS apps for M1 macs?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:27 PM PDT

    Shouldn't System Preferences (aka Settings) in both iOS and macOS be called the same way? At the moment it's confusing to launch it via Spotlight as firstly you need to think about what to type on each machine – "Settings" or maybe "System preferences".

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 07:55 AM PDT

    Light / Dark Mode Auto not working on the latest BigSur 11.5.1

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 01:58 AM PDT

    Light / Dark Mode Auto not working on the latest BigSur 11.5.1

    Any of you experienced this bug? It just won't work when you set it to auto in System Preferences. It just stays on Light no matter how the time of the day is. It's funny Apple don't acknowledge this and fix it in the update. I waited since previous updates and nothing mentioned about this in the update change logs. Or if you guys have a solution or quick fix, please help. Thanks in advance.

    https://preview.redd.it/t69mi0qxiie71.png?width=908&format=png&auto=webp&s=2faa74ace80028b9ad293749fa4ee1cb16dbe442

    submitted by /u/mortymin-n
    [link] [comments]

    Can I Test my Macbook Lid Sensors?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 12:01 AM PDT

    I believe the sensors on my MacBook are broken because it will randomly turn on and drain the battery when closed

    Is there a test I can do at home through software or physical testing to determine for sure that this is the issue?

    Are there any easy at home fixes I can try or would I need to take it in for overnight repairs?
    Is there any way to tell my laptop to stay asleep until I prompt it in order to save battery?

    submitted by /u/PsychedelicEmporium
    [link] [comments]

    Locked Screen

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:52 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I got the new iMac, and when I lock the screen it immediately, right off the bat goes black, is there a way to prevent the screen to go to sleep and keep the screen lock, I hope I made myself clear.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/edg5
    [link] [comments]

    KEYBOARD

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:39 PM PDT

    Suggest me a budjet keyboard mouse under 5k for mac os

    submitted by /u/Alternative_Dark_174
    [link] [comments]

    Change default finder search

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 05:51 PM PDT

    I would love to change the default finder search similar to what is described here.

    Instead of

    "Kind is Any" I wold prefer something like , "Name contains"

    I can't believe this isn't possible.

    I tried editing the file listed in the article, but macOS Big Sur seems to lock it down even sudo doesn't work.

    submitted by /u/michaelbierman
    [link] [comments]

    how to turn off 'Update Available' notification

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:36 PM PDT

    how to turn off 'Update Available' notification

    https://preview.redd.it/fitej5418he71.png?width=2096&format=png&auto=webp&s=8cb6c630f4d08356dd90aca484d5c39399d6ba00

    Hello I need help on turning off the notification.

    I checked off everything through software update advanced tab, but this update notification still appears from time to time, almost every night i think.

    Any other ways to disable this notification?

    Thank you for the reply in advance

    submitted by /u/zevolp
    [link] [comments]

    Mac OS with Touch Bar settings in an MacBook Air, why?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:04 PM PDT

    I have a M1 MBA, and in my settings, I have several Touch Bar options. Is this normal? Because I obviously do not have a Touch Bar in my Mac

    submitted by /u/Ps_86
    [link] [comments]

    How to open .pkg file without admin password

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:30 PM PDT

    I was wondering if I can open a .pkg file (Java) without the admin password... Is it possible? If so, thx.

    submitted by /u/Batterydude6000
    [link] [comments]

    Is this some kinda bug? Items are clickable and actionable in mission control view. Is this normal, never experienced it till today

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 05:40 PM PDT

    Odd interaction between MBP and specific network - looking for suggestions and recommendations

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 08:32 PM PDT

    I have a 2019 16" MBP running Big Sur 11.5 that is exhibiting an odd behavior that I cannot figure out but I'm hopeful that the community might have some ideas as to cause and cure.

    Forgive me the long background:

    For most of the last year, I've been using this laptop in a pretty stable configuration: top closed, hooked to an external monitor and keyboard as well as a USB hub and an external device called a Stream Deck. My connectivity comes from an ethernet connection via the USB hub that is connected to a router that is in turn connected to a fiber optic modem. It's a very nice pipe that consistently delivered approximately 1 Gigabit speed. This network is called FemtoNet.

    I have a second network in the house provided by Comcast that is called NanoNet. This network is accessed by multiple devices via wifi.

    About a month ago, the person who helps me with IT issues installed a new, faster router, a Netgear Nighthawk AX11000 on FemtoNet. This was not a difficult procedure and I'm confident it was done perfectly. The new router worked flawlessly with the setup above for three weeks and continues to work well with the other devices on the network via wifi and wired connections. I've also tested the ethernet connection at my desk with another MBP and it works very well. I've rebooted the laptop, the modem and the router several times in the course of trying to diagnose the issue and have spoken to the fiber optic provider who has analyzed the connection from their side and does not see any issues.

    About a week ago, I noticed the following symptoms:

    - High CPU utilization even when there were very few apps running

    - High heat throughout the laptop

    - Slow system response

    - Poor to non-existent internet connectivity

    Thinking that the device was overheating, I installed a cooling pad under the MBP which has substantially lowered the temperature within the laptop by 20-25 degrees depending on the sensor. This seems to have improved the performance of the system - fewer incidents of CPU scramming and few incidents of slow system response (but it has not entirely eliminated those symptoms)- but has not addressed the network connectivity issues.

    Focusing specifically on connectivity: I note the following symptoms:

    My email client (Airmail) does not connect to the fiber optic network (FemtoNet) whether via ethernet or wifi. It connects fine to the cable network (NanoNet) via wifi.

    My browser (Chrome) responds very slowly when connected to FemtoNet - the icon on the tab circles counterclockwise - and sometimes times out, but sometimes it eventually does connect and when it does, the page requested loads very fast. Again, this behavior happens whether using an ethernet connection or wifi.

    Speedtest does not work when on FemtoNet; it does not find either the provider or a nearby server. Speedtest does work when connected to NanoNet via wifi and the results are generally consistent with what I expect from that connection.

    I have tried forgetting the network and then reconnecting with it without success. I upgraded to 11.5 from 11.4 several days ago and this did not change any of the symptoms.

    I've Googled looking for similar conditions without finding anything that's relevant. I am very modestly proficient at poking under the hood (i.e. I can follow directions well) so I would be grateful to any thoughts, suggestions, etc. that might help me figure this one out.

    Thank you in advance for your assistance.

    submitted by /u/jaagroup
    [link] [comments]

    I doubt anyone knows but I’m trying to get iMessage beta to run on my MacBook4,1 lion, I’ve set the time back but I can’t sign into iCloud but I have managed to sign in through setting. Any ideas?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 07:51 PM PDT

    Should I upgrade to Big Sur from High Sierra on my Macbook Air 2017

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:11 PM PDT

    I'm currently running on High Sierra. Wouldn't it cause a significant change in speed and power given that I usually work with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator? Also, would it be better to do a clean install or not?

    Here are my specs if that helps:

    • Macbook Air 2017
    • 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5 with 121 GB Storage
    • 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    • Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
    submitted by /u/niloisburning
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to play HEVC MP4 on Big Surr?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    Hi,

    are H.265 supported on macOS Big Surr? Apple say that it is supported[1] but I'm unable to play those files on my up2date iMac 2020.

    I ripped a DVD using HEVC MP4 and can't play it in QuickTime. It errors that the file format is unsupported. Using VLC everything works fine and the codec looks like what I did expect `MPEG-H Part 2/HEVC (H.265) (hev1)`.

    To be sure that my ripping is not doing weird stuff I downloaded a test file from here [2] but those files I also can't open and now I'm confused. Do I miss something?

    Cheers
    crane

    [1] https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/quicktime-player/qtp20e395859/mac
    [2] https://test-videos.co.uk/bigbuckbunny/mp4-h265

    EDIT:
    I found the solution... My tool (VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper) is saving the file using `hev1` for metadata. But that is not supported by Apple. It needs to be `hvc1`. If you stumble into this problem use this command to fix it on the fly: `ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -vcodec copy -acodec copy -tag:v hvc1 output.mp4`

    And now I am going to open a feature request at VideoSolo.

    submitted by /u/crane__
    [link] [comments]

    Is there something I should worry about when running windows on macbook?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 06:58 PM PDT

    I am always a windows user, and I am considering buying a macbook as my next laptop. There are a lot of softwares that cannot run on macOS, so If I get a MBP , I will definitely install windows on it.
    I wonder
    "Will running Windows on MBP limit the performance ? Will there be some softwares I still can't run ?"

    I am not a big fan of macOS . The reason why I want to choose macbook is because I cannot find ANY other laptop with such great battery life, build quality, display, performance, light weight, speakers, lifespan... If there is a better choice, please let me know.

    submitted by /u/o0dorgon0o
    [link] [comments]

    Discord Screenshare Audio not working on MacOS 12.0 Monterey Beta

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:00 PM PDT

    In MacOS Big Sur 11.4, Screenshare in discord would work fine and it would record screen audio too. But since i switched to MacOS Monterey Beta, the screenshare no longer captures application audio.

    I also have Discord screenshare audio extension installed.

    https://imgur.com/a/LfDZ2F3

    submitted by /u/gradientsavage
    [link] [comments]

    Twitter opening multiple media windows

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I just got my first Mac (Air M1) and I'm in love with it. But everytime I'm using twitter (app) and I click to view media (mostly pictures, some small videos) the app opens a new screen only with the media. It's super easy to just go back to the app without closing it, so I just end up with 30 media windows and I have to close them one by one. Does anyone knows if there's a configuration to open media inside the app? Or some way to close multiple media windows at once?

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/ichsapphire
    [link] [comments]

    Any reason why the menu bar changes colors?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:31 AM PDT

    Help with multiple copies of git

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    In the terminal I typed

    git --version 

    to see if I was on the latest version and it came back with 2.15.0. I tried

    brew upgrade git 

    but it wasn't found. So I used

    brew install git 

    the latest. The version is still showing 2.15.0

    I used find . -iname "git" to see how many there were and it found the following (and more)

    ./usr/bin/git ./usr/local/bin/git ./usr/local/opt/git ./usr/local/Cellar/git 

    How do I clean up my system to only have one copy that is running the latest version?

    submitted by /u/RcNorth
    [link] [comments]

    SideCar w/ iPad Pro constantly disconnecting

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    I am using SideCar with an iPad Pro (12.9" 3rd gen) on a MacBook Air M1 (BigSur 11.4) over both Wifi and USB C. After a fresh restart of the MacBook it works fine. However, after some time (a couple sleep / wake up cycles) it gets to a point where it will continually disconnect after about 30 seconds to a minute into starting SideCar. If I restart the MacBook Air it will work fine again until after a few more sleep / wake up cycles and it begins to continually disconnect again.

    Has anyone seen this issue? Any ideas on how to resolve?

    submitted by /u/TheRealMrJimBusiness
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel