• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 31, 2021

    Apple TV HEVC Dual-layer Dolby Vision (Profile 7)

    Apple TV HEVC Dual-layer Dolby Vision (Profile 7)


    HEVC Dual-layer Dolby Vision (Profile 7)

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:03 PM PDT

    I currently own an ATV4K. Installed, I have Plex (free app without subscription) and Infuse (free app with paid yearly subscription).

    I use Infuse to playback 4K HDR / Dolby Atmos / DTS:X content, because it's a lot smoother and easier to use than Plex imo, but my TV (Sony X90H) supports Dolby Vision - and I'd like to start taking advantage of that.

    I know that Infuse supports single-layer profile 5 Dolby Vision in mp4 containers (AppleTV+, Disney+ web rips), but I've never been able to play HEVC Dolby Vision on the ATV4K / Infuse.

    Apparently, dual-layer profile 7 HEVC Dolby Vision playback is only possible on the 2019 NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro - using Plex.

    So, my question becomes; what are the pros and cons of Plex vs. Infuse - and should I purchase the 2019 NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro in order to playback dual-layer profile 7 Dolby Vision HEVC files? Or - is there another way possible with my current setup?

    submitted by /u/australiughhh
    [link] [comments]

    Ted Lasso (Apple Original Series)- A Heartwarming Sitcom

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 06:45 AM PDT

    Why is there no HomeKit app for AppleTV

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 03:17 AM PDT

    All the apps available on AppleTV are "meh" and Apple's own app is MIA. What gives?

    Edit: I'm in idiot

    submitted by /u/BuddahsThumb
    [link] [comments]

    Library Not Showing Up

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 08:11 PM PDT

    Anyone else purchased library or recent purchases not showing up? I've signed out and back in on both my iPhone and MacBook and for some reason all my movies and shows seem to have completely disappeared. Seeing that it's affecting both of my devices I assume it's an issue on Apple's end and not mine but I'm really not sure.

    submitted by /u/PunkOrLust88
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone getting HDR with Amazon Prime Video ?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:29 PM PDT

    I sign up for Amazon Prime Video and want to watch Grand tour. The titles is indicated with HDR. Apple TV won't play in HDR. It works with build in app on my TV but not with Apple TV 4K 2021. I tried with TvOS 15 and 14.7.

    submitted by /u/hendo999
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having problems with HBO Max showing a black screen on some films?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    Hello, I am having a problem with the HBO Max app on my Apple TV. When I go to watch certain movies (for instance the new Space Jam and Zack Snyder's Justice League), there a black screen with only audio. There is a pop-up that says my TV isn't HDCP compliant, when in fact I know it is. I have a fairly new TV (~ 3 years old), and it is HDCP compliant. I have the newest Apple TV 2021 and I have a HDMI 2.1 cable, both bought directly from Apple. I followed the guide on the HBO Max website to fix the issue, but it didn't work. HBO Max is the only app that gives me this problem. Netflix, Peacock, and other apps work fine and don't give me this issue. When I owned a Fire TV, I was able to play HBO Max movies just fine. Am I doing something wrong, or is this an issue with other people too?

    Thank you.

    Update: I think I found out what is causing it. If I switch my TV from HDR to SDR, it fixes the problem. I do want my content to play in HDR, however, so this just creates another problem for me. If anyone has any answers on how to fix this, please let me know.

    submitted by /u/Initial-Buy-1766
    [link] [comments]

    Remote app

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    Hello! My friend recently added the new 4K to his wifi. He had three other Apple TVs and used the app remote on all three. He cannot get his 4K to work with the remote app; his wife's phone functions with the 4K perfectly. Any advice on what he can try to correct this would be greatly appreciated!!!!

    submitted by /u/CarswithElectric
    [link] [comments]

    The Things That Make You Cry - Ted Lasso Dog Speech

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:09 AM PDT

    Parental Controls

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    Can anybody explain how granular parental controls can be?

    On my Roku, they're basically worthless as my kid can just choose a profile that isn't a kid's profile and watch whatever he wants. No way to protect or control any of it.

    submitted by /u/deepthaw
    [link] [comments]

    Lossless audio menu is missing

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 04:28 AM PDT

    Hi there, why I can not see the audio quality choice in the apps/music menu? I have the 4K edition with the beta OS 15.

    Edit: I have the HD version, so no lossless capabilities.

    submitted by /u/aliasgs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel