• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 27, 2021

    Apple Macbook Please share your experience

    Apple Macbook Please share your experience


    Please share your experience

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 11:00 PM PDT

    Any one having experience of keyboards which keyboard should i choose mechanichal or apple magic keyboard for typing which is more erogonomic for more typing ?

    Is there any difference between apple keyboard and apple laptop keyboard (scissors switch)?

    submitted by /u/Alexcrusso
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2017 flashing gray folder with question mark

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 11:30 PM PDT

    So this morning I woke up to my Mac flashing a horrific flashing grey folder with a question mark, which has never happened before. It was working perfectly fine yesterday and has not suffered from any physical traumas. I haven't had any issues with my hard drive recently, so I can't really think of a possible explanation for this issue. The only thing I downloaded last night was a productivity extension for Safari to block websites.

    I tried everything on Google, YouTube, and the Apple website but nothing is working. I brought my Mac to the genius bar and they said there's no way for them to recover the files on my Mac but I can try at an unofficial computer repair store.

    I am absolutely devastated right now since I'm a student and made the stupid mistake of not backing up my drive. I just want to know if there's any hope in bringing it to a repair shop to try and recover my drive or is my drive done for. Has anyone experienced something similar? Any help/advice is appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/Flaming_HotCheeto
    [link] [comments]

    Weird letters in Chrome and Firefox

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 10:31 PM PDT

    I have an M1 Air and a few days ago, on some websites, the letters have changed.

    See screenshot below:

    https://imgur.com/a/AECxAkH

    S became T etc., meaning that even if I write S, a T is displayed instead. If I write Google in the Google search box, it displays "hpphmf". If I actually search, I get results for "Google".

    I assume its an OS issue as it has messed up specific pages on both Firefox and Chrome.

    I have not made any keyboard/input/language changes.

    Anyone know the source of this issue?

    submitted by /u/themasterofbation
    [link] [comments]

    A solution for this?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 08:59 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I have a question.

    I have Apple MacBook Air 13,3" 128GB (2019) since beginning of 2020, because at the time I had no idea M1 was coming, and I desperately need a laptop for school work, because my small and shitty laptop provide as a gift for a phone Tarif fell apart.

    And the MacBook is great and all, but I have one crucial concern with it, after the year with it, and that is the heat. The heat is huge, I have been using it for YouTube video watching for around an hour and the heat it releases is crazy, it is all very hot on the outside (the body and keyboard too) and I am kinda scrappy that it will boil itself soon, how do I prevent this?

    Should I buy one of these MacBook stands which have space for the heat to get away or a cooling pad for MacBook? How do you solve it? Thanks for any possible answer.

    submitted by /u/DanielHorcic
    [link] [comments]

    Really dissappointed by lack of sidelaoding on M1

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 04:23 PM PDT

    Just got a macbook M1 and its great, other than discovering that sideloading is no longer supported since 11.3 of ios apps. I really just want to use the iOS streaming apps such as Spotify and Netflix, anyone have any method of doing this still? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Argran
    [link] [comments]

    What's wrong with my display? Anyone know what to do?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    Can someone please tell me how to stop my W key from lagging like this?? it's really annoying me and preventing me from playing 99% of my games.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 04:47 PM PDT

    I9 vs M1

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 02:55 PM PDT

    Which is better choice for a mobile development (Android-iOS)? And mention your reasoning below if you have any. Thank you

    MacBook pro (2020) 13", M1, 16gb ram MacBook pro (2019) 16", intel i9, 16gb ram

    submitted by /u/7okathehuman
    [link] [comments]

    Does the M1 MBA works well with illustrator?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 10:33 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of buying the m1 MacBook air but I'm a little concern about the compatibility. I use illustrator every day so I need to know it's going to work well on roseta

    submitted by /u/alice_in_boredland
    [link] [comments]

    How do i get rid of this dent?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 09:46 AM PDT

    Got motherboard replaced. Now battery issues?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 01:14 PM PDT

    My macbook pro 13 inch 2018 w/ touchbar had died suddenly about a week ago. I took it to a service centre and they said the logic board needs replacement because of overheating (I'm a heavy user).

    Less than a week since I get my logic board replaced, my battery now refuses to charge. I've checked my charger and outlet (not sure about the wattage, my charger is 2 years old too). No idea what's wrong with the battery. Tried an SMC reset to no avail, now my macbook won't turn on due to the low battery. Does the battery have issues now?

    submitted by /u/Dismal-Audience-2151
    [link] [comments]

    Best MacBook for music production? Please help

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 12:08 PM PDT

    I'm a total newbie, never owned a laptop and don't know anything about them either. I want use the laptop to just mess about, maybe play sims but mainly to produce songs with my guitar. I'm also on a budget. Was thinking of getting the MacBook M1 Air 13", what are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/spacefrogmogg
    [link] [comments]

    M1 air hinge all the sudden tight

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 11:42 AM PDT

    So I've owned the m1 mba for a little over 2 weeks, and I've noticed that all of the sudden the hinge became pretty tight. I used to be able to open the device with one hand, but if I try that now the lid will pop up, then the whole laptop will go up with my finger lol, so two hands is necessary

    not the end of the world, but it's an annoying issue, just adjusting the screen means the laptop will slide around when on a smooth surface. Anyone else have a similar issue?

    submitted by /u/Cheese4life__
    [link] [comments]

    Switching to MAC

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    Hi! It's my first time buying a MacBook, I've been using Windows my whole life and I'm not really used to how it works.

    I was using the office pack for my college projects before (microsoft word), and I'd need something similar to write my thesis. Can I download microsoft word on my MacBook? If not, what similar alternative would be out there?

    submitted by /u/Severe-Enthusiasm-67
    [link] [comments]

    help

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 02:31 PM PDT

    how long does a macbook last ?

    submitted by /u/newton6921
    [link] [comments]

    How durable would you say the Macbook Air M1 is in real life usage?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    I try to take great care of my laptops, but I like to be prepared for the worst so I had a few questions: How durable is the macbook air? Would it survive a 4 foot drop off a desk? If someone accidentally sat on it would it bend or break? If some water fell on the keyboard, would it still be usable? How long would you say it could last if no accidents were to happen to it?

    submitted by /u/sparsh26
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2015 in 2021?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 02:11 AM PDT

    Hello, I just find on the internet MBP 2015 for 360€. It has i7 2,2Ghz and 16gb of ram. is it worth it for that price? I just want to watching videos on that and some programming for heavy task I already have desktop PC. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ToMiiq_
    [link] [comments]

    HELP MEE!!

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 05:46 PM PDT

    HEY everyone , one of you can pass me a gta 3dmg , because i try and i can´t , i saw videos in youtube and anyting help me.

    Thank you so much

    submitted by /u/Alejo123Lin
    [link] [comments]

    m1 bugs

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:40 AM PDT

    My m1 air has been crashing every week now. it goes into a purple pinkish screen and then it restarts and give me a message that a kernel panic has occurred and also my cursor is always laggy/ glitchy even when I'm using just the trackpad. Are these issues normal?

    submitted by /u/Wonderful-Chard2220
    [link] [comments]

    Desktop vanished

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 05:38 AM PDT

    Hi, hoping someone can help? I'm new to the MacBook world. Had it all set up with applications dragged on to my Home Screen and had it set up with clean up so it had the two folders (recent and previous I believe they where called) and I was able to drag pictures of the web straight on to my Home Screen. But now both those folders have vanished, I can't drag any applications onto the Home Screen now drag any pictures from the web to the Home Screen. I'm sure this has been an issue before so any help would be appreciated or a link with info would be great too. I have literally spent the last two hours googling and every result is not even close to my issue.

    submitted by /u/blakeylake
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 2017

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 04:27 AM PDT

    Buying a used 2017 Macbook Air... Will it be worth it??? Main use would be Full HD video editing. . . . Share your opinions

    submitted by /u/Affectionate_Post_22
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 13" 2017 running worse after screen replacement.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 03:14 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro 13" 2017 running worse after screen replacement.

    Hey guys.

    Back in February, someone threw an object in class and it hit my computer screen, completely destroying the display and making the screen unusable.

    Aftermath

    My dad and I went to a local repair shop and managed to get the screen replaced for somewhere between $400-$500 bucks, can't recall the exact price.

    But now I'm starting to think that I would've been better off spending a few hundred extra dollars on a new laptop, whether it be the same model or a newer model.

    Immediately after getting the laptop back, I noticed that the battery life is so much worse than it was before. It can still charge up quick like it used to, but the battery just drains like hell and severely limits my ability to work on it. I went from going days without having to charge it to now having to charge it every hour or two I use it.

    On top of that, the screen is a lot dimmer. Even when I turn the screen up to max brightness, it still doesn't get bright. Lastly, I feel like the laptop heats up a lot more often than before.

    Does anyone know why my Macbook is performing worse after the screen replacement? Could it be a bad screen? Could my Macbook have been wired incorrectly during the repair? Or both?

    I'm really at a loss on how to fix this performance drop, and whether I should deal with it or buy a new laptop. I am about to enroll in college as a freshman too so it's not like I have unlimited money. Maybe I'll spend another year with this laptop before getting a new one.

    Perhaps my situation can be fixed? Has anyone else gone through a similar situation?

    For reference, I bought this laptop in 2018 and it was working very well for 3 years before the incident that broke my display. So I know that if I do end up buying a new Macbook, it won't be a bad choice, because they have almost always worked reliably for me.

    submitted by /u/Snarkal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel