• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 27, 2021

    Apple Help I bought a new iPhone 12 today and it has this black semi-circle on the top-right corner of the screen. Is this fixable or should i return it

    Apple Help I bought a new iPhone 12 today and it has this black semi-circle on the top-right corner of the screen. Is this fixable or should i return it


    I bought a new iPhone 12 today and it has this black semi-circle on the top-right corner of the screen. Is this fixable or should i return it

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    My iMac randomly started having problems

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 10:23 PM PDT

    Hi guys! I have a 2018 iMac that I use regularly but yesterday I started having problems. After turning it on it would ask for my password and after entering my password it would just load for a long time, turn into a black screen, and then ask for my password again.

    I launched into safe mode and disabled all programs on startup and managed to get in but now it's just really, really slow. Nothing loads at all. I could try to open a browser or even click the apple symbol and it'd be stuck on the rainbow wheel that would then turn into a blue wheel, and then the screen would turn black.

    I've checked my storage and I still have a lot of space left. I also tried using first aid on the drive and it still isn't working.

    I haven't tried factory resetting it yet since I want to keep all my data. If anyone knows a fix please let me know.

    submitted by /u/chonkybagel
    [link] [comments]

    .exe Problems with Windows arm64 on Parallels

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 10:16 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I Finally joined the m1 club! After installing the latest windows Arm version via Parallels I tried installing Siemens NX. I Launched the it via the launcher file „Launch.exe" and an error appeared telling me that „vcruntime140.dll" was missing, so I went ahead and installed the C++ redistributable x64 libraries.

    I tried launching the exe again, and the error disappeared. But I got some other weird bug now: the .exe doesn't (properly) open. When running normally it asks me to select a program to open with and proceeds to open it in Notepad. When I run it as administrator nothing happens at all.

    Did anyone Else experience this or knows how to fix it? The registry entries are fine, i checked them. And it should be working since I know of people who managed to get NX running on this ARM build.

    submitted by /u/RoryWoodsilroy
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been getting these group texts almost every single time and blocking the user doesn’t do anything at all.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 04:54 PM PDT

    got this message, my dad lost his iPhone. Should I click on it or is it a scam

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 06:36 AM PDT

    iphone stuck on low batt screen

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    nearly 18 hours ago, i came home after my phone has been dead for the past hour or a two (i have an iphone 7) and it's been charging for around 6 hours until i tried to do some methods such as pressing certain buttons to do this and that - which eventually resulted to the phone flashing the gray background you see during the low batt screen. i looked up for some ways to get rid of it and ultimately failed, so i ended up just not plugging it for around 8 hours. now, it's plugged in for like a few minutes and i'm waiting for it to open / work. help???

    submitted by /u/ardeallydead
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do with a locked iCloud Account?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 09:11 PM PDT

    Okay so when I was around 11-12 I got an iPod touch and had an icloud email. I used it to make accounts on different websites and apps. The next year I got a phone and for whatever reason I was logged out of my icloud account. The I cloud account had two factor authentication and is locking me out now, 4 years later. I need to log in so I can log into the other websites. When I try logging in it is making me put in a number that I don't have access too anymore. I tried calling apple support and they weren't able to help me. Has anyone fixed this in any way?

    submitted by /u/DriftIsOnReddit
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud making me change passwords but won't actually let me change it

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 08:34 PM PDT

    I tried to log on icloud drive on my PC web browser which i've done in the past with no issue. All of a sudden tonight it's making me reset my password but no matter what new pw i choose or how much I follow the requirements it states, it just won't let me (button to "Change" is greyed out).

    I'm still logged in my phone without any issues but Im concerned so I tried to reset it in settings, but even then it says "Your password cannot include your name, phone number or part of your email address."

    Pls help!

    submitted by /u/mongolmark23
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot boot with multiple HDD Connected

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    Long story short.

    I now boot from an external SSD after a failed internal. All good.

    I had to set a firmware password in startup utility to get this to work.

    Now. With all my various external HDDs connected, startup will not work. It shows a folder with ? mark.

    If I disconnect all the HDDs and ONLY have the external SSD, it will startup fine.

    So why won't it startup with my other drives connected?

    submitted by /u/xmacv
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Apple Pay isn’t working, the screen just stays the same - no accepted or declined message from the reader OR the phone.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 10:59 PM PDT

    Hi All, I recently got an iPhone 11 from a used (refurbished) phone store, but my Apple Pay hasn't been working at all. I am able to add/take away cards, and my card has been verified, but when I hold my phone to the reader, nothing happens, the screen stays the same. I have contacted my bank and there is no issue on their side, but they said that the transaction is being approved, but it's like the merchant is requesting no funds? I have tried to trouble shoot by doing these steps: - Updating to latest software (iOS 14.7.1) - Adding and removing my card, as well as signing in and out of different Apple IDs - Factory resetting my phone

    I called apple, but they just told me to update to the latest software and gave me a case number, but when I called back, they just hung up on me. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and feel free to ask for any more info. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/ImportantStar3841
    [link] [comments]

    What is wrong with my MacBook Pro screen? Could humidity have caused this? (currently in Costa Rica with no AC).

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    Re-enable Character Accent Menu on OS X El Capitan?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 06:46 PM PDT

    Quick Info:

    Platform: Mac

    Model: MacBook Pro 15-inch (Late-2008)

    System Version: OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

    TL;DR: No Character Accent Menu, even though it was enabled in the recent past.

    Hello!

    Just wanted to ask about a very strange thing that seems to have happened to my computer out of nowhere.

    So, given that English is not my main language, I tend to use the Character Accent Menu a whole lot. It gives me the convenience of not having to change keyboard layouts whenever I want to type special accented characters. It's the menu brought up by holding down a key like "A" and either clicking or pressing the number equivalent to a special character like "á", for instance.

    However, seemingly out of nowhere, this function is not working anymore. Holding down a key only makes it so it starts repeating itself after a while. I tried logging in and out, rebooting and shutting off to no effect.

    Just in case it bears mentioning the physical keyboard on the laptop is a QWERTY United States English one and so is the digital layout, no new layouts were added.

    Any way to bring it back? Thanks for the help in advance!

    Have a nice one!

    submitted by /u/some_looser
    [link] [comments]

    My iCloud drive is eating up my iPhone storage, but when I go to Files --> iCloud drive, nothing is there (IOS 10)

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 10:23 PM PDT

    Basically title, iCloud is taking up 1GB of storage but Files doesn't show any files. What can I do to delete it?

    submitted by /u/SUNSETGAMING2k18
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook Pro 2018 fell off my piano and subsequently the side of the bottom casing between the screws popped out.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 04:20 PM PDT

    I was easily able to pop it back in and now it seems completely fine. So my question is does this cause any damage to the hardware, or does this mean my battery is damaged?

    submitted by /u/Knuffiboy
    [link] [comments]

    iphone replacement battery (philippines)

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    i'm currently thinking that my iphone's battery is broken or needs to be changed. are there any ways to purchase an iphone battery that's authentic? how do i know that it's authentic and not fake?

    submitted by /u/ardeallydead
    [link] [comments]

    itunes issues detecting iphone - now says iphone has been detected but could not be identified properly

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 08:14 PM PDT

    Hi,

    After literally years of having little to no connection issues with my iphone(s) to itunes, I just recently have been unable to have my iphone detected in itunes.

    I'm running Win10, and ios 14.5.1 though this issue happens on my ipad as well. As previously mentioned this has never been the case and I blame one of the bigger Windows updates recently.

    I initially could only get my iphone recognized by the PC, and could browse the internal storage but not view or copy any pictures.

    After many many many uninstalls and reinstalls(from itunes website .exe and Microsoft store itunes app) I finally thought I had figured it out by using the "Apple Mobile Device Driver" vs "Apple....USB Composite Device Ver 486 or 423".

    However, after all of that, I still am unable to have my iphone show up in itunes other than getting a message saying my iphone has been detected but could not be identified properly. After this message it now wants me to restore my iphone since it can't read it.

    I am out of ideas at this point. I've tried everything I could think of and or find online.

    Oh I also reset my location/privacy settings on the phone too with no success.

    Any ideas or help is much appreciated. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

    submitted by /u/Bear16
    [link] [comments]

    New Cellular Apple Watch - link to which iPhone

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 08:03 PM PDT

    Just bought a new Cellular Apple Watch SE for my Mom. She has no iPhone, but lives with my Dad who has an iPhone. I can link it to either my iPhone, or my Dad's iPhone. We live in different parts of the country. My Dad is not very technical, and we have different cellular providers. My Dad and I both have our own Apple Watches already linked to our own iPhones.

    Is there a clear winner for which iPhone to link this watch to? My Dad has Snorizon, and I have T-Snobile. I bought the watch with T-Snobile. My Mom has started suffering from dementia. So, this is to hopefully help us track her down if she wanders off, which has happened multiple times.

    submitted by /u/GroggyWalrus
    [link] [comments]

    How to get the full 15W charging speed out of the MagSafe Charger in my car?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:53 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I bought a MagSafe Charger to use to charge my iPhone 12 Pro while in my car, using a Spigen vent mount and an older 18W power delivery USB-C car charger—which is having connection issues and something I want to replace.

    I remembered seeing Apple recommended their higher 20W wall charger for the MagSafe Charger and checked their support docs that says:

    Compatible power adapters for up to 15W faster wireless charging

    Higher wattage adapters at or above 9V/2.56A will also deliver a maximum of up to 15W peak power to iPhone 12

    If I understand that correctly, to be able to charge my iPhone at the maximum 15W possible, I would need a 9V * 2.56A = 23.04W charger? That means I need to find a car charger that outputs ≥23.04W on the USB-C port?

    Thank you for any help!

    submitted by /u/randybruder
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV HD Wifi Issues

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:43 PM PDT

    I have have recently come across a reset Apple TV HD but the WIFI does not work. When I try and setup through iPhone it lets me get the verification code but then it stops at "Your Apple TV couldn't be set up" "Please check your network connection and try again" When I click ok from there it takes me to the internet setup where it only shows ethernet. (Even when a cable isn't plugged in) and because of this I cannot setup the WIFI. Has anyone experienced this before?

    submitted by /u/MeepMeepMarp
    [link] [comments]

    Really need to add my wife's iPhone to my AirTags

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:36 PM PDT

    I bought several AirTags to put on our dogs' collars, because one of them is an adventurer and my worst nightmare is that they'd get lost.

    Brilliant... until I went out of town for a couple days. Then the AirTags' anti-stalking feature started them beeping.

    1) Is there any way for my wife's iPhone to be added to the FindMy setup for these AirTags?

    2) What to do in a couple months when the two of us leave town for a week's holiday? Surely the beeping will drive our house-sitter crazy...

    I didn't think this through...

    submitted by /u/scjcs
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new MacBook Air M1 2020 - battery DOA?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 03:50 PM PDT

    Unwrapped my brand new M1 MacBook air today. Weird thing was after unwrapping it, the device didn't power on. No worries, I thought, I'll just plug it in and let it charge while I set it up. It all boots fine until when I finally get into the OS and want to check my battery, I am met by the dreaded "Service Recommended - Battery Not Charging." There is no charge and the mac will only run off the charger.

    Out of the box, so the battery has a status of one cycle and around 60 days old.

    Running the diagnostics I get a "PPP007" issue which indicates a power supply issue, however I have received the same issue on multiple USB-C power supplies, and main OS indicates a battery issue, but given the miscommunication it is either that or a board issue.

    ```

    ed@eds-macbook-air ~ % pmset -g batt

    Now drawing from 'AC Power'

    -InternalBattery-0 (id=1XXXXXXX) 1%; AC attached; not charging

    Detailed failures: "Cell Imbalance" present: true ```

    I have booked with the Genius Bar but I would like to see if I can resolve this issue potentially though software given the motherboard isn't damaged (remembering that the M1 does not have an SMC reset mechanism like Intel Macs)

    submitted by /u/KiddieSpread
    [link] [comments]

    My AirPods disconecting randomly

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    So my AirPods randomly diconnecting from my phone for no reason and after 10-20 seconds they connecting again. What should i do?

    submitted by /u/Lasse_gdwhl
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a real Apple email address? I’ve been getting HomePod ads from them.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:22 PM PDT

    iPad Air 2 constantly sleeping randomly

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 07:11 PM PDT

    My iPad Air 2 (14.7.1) will turn on and off sporadically (as if the lock button was being clicked repeatedly); when I click the home button while this occurs, the iPad will take a screenshot. I have tried restarting and updating to the newest iOS version, but none of these seem to permanently solve the problem. I am not sure if this is relevant, but my lock button has been jammed since a year ago. Any help identifying the issue would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/EndangeredGoose
    [link] [comments]

    Is the long-distance tracking of the airtag delayed?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 03:16 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm currently tracking a parcel which I equipped with an airtag. Everything seems to work fine but I find it strange that the information I get seems to be constantly delayed. I.e. I'm looking at the Where Is? app every 10 minutes. Nevertheless it took until 11:45 pm for me to see the position which the app tells me is the last seen position of 10:28 pm.

    I noticed this behavior multiple times. Does anyone know if the positions are delayed (probably for privacy reasons)?

    submitted by /u/joshi0816
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel