• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 23, 2021

    macOS Anybody know how Screen Time is calculated in Big Sur? Because I definitely didn't leave my MacBook's screen turned 'On' the entire week :)

    macOS Anybody know how Screen Time is calculated in Big Sur? Because I definitely didn't leave my MacBook's screen turned 'On' the entire week :)


    Anybody know how Screen Time is calculated in Big Sur? Because I definitely didn't leave my MacBook's screen turned 'On' the entire week :)

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 10:26 PM PDT

    Free - and - Open Source Apps for MacOS

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 04:49 AM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    I don't know, if you like or hate Appstore, here's is a link to Github repository with links to the coolest open-source apps for Mac. Check them out. These are so good, you'd absolutely love 'em.

    open-source-mac-os-apps

    To install, go to the links, go to Releases tab, and just download and install the packages of zips.

    submitted by /u/chintankarki
    [link] [comments]

    Can I remove the external SD shortcut from desktop?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 03:16 PM PDT

    I have been a Mac user for more than 2 years and I accidentally typed CMD + shift + R today while reading an article on safari and boom! It's just awkward how long has it been here and I discovered it just today! ����

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    Is there any way to see which app is stopping Safari extensions being turned on?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 11:15 AM PDT

    Any App to suspend certain apps during sleep ?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:41 PM PDT

    Hi, I am facing heavy battery drain due to certain apps and due to these, my mac battery drains completely overnight without a charger. Is there an app which suspends/disables certain apps(BTT,Brave) when the system goes to sleep ?

    Ideally this should happen automatically i think, and had never faced this issue before.

    submitted by /u/siddharthal
    [link] [comments]

    2018 MacBook Pro 13" persistent "Global Reset" error on boot-up in MacOS 10.4 (Big Sur)

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 12:16 AM PDT

    2018 MacBook Pro 13" persistent "Global Reset" error on boot-up in MacOS 10.4 (Big Sur)

    Every time I restart my 2018 MacBook Pro with current MacOS 10.4 I get the message that my computer restarted because of a problem. But there is no evidence of there being a problem, and the machine hasn't crashed. It just happens on reboot.

    This problem started some time after installing Big Sur, but I don't think it was caused by it.

    I have done some searching on this, and don't find anything. This error persists across reinstalls of MacOS. I will eventually do a wipe/format/reinstall but would prefer not to have to take that step.

    Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this?

    https://preview.redd.it/m55c8lmluy671.png?width=1328&format=png&auto=webp&s=778094981574281502a5070fd92199f21957de66

    submitted by /u/BILESTOAD
    [link] [comments]

    Safari 15 on Big Sur

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 07:11 PM PDT

    The new safari is available for download in the apple developer page but its only for macOS 12, is it posible to edit the package and install it anyways ?

    submitted by /u/JoinMeInHeaven
    [link] [comments]

    Screencapture does not work.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 02:36 AM PDT

    Hello there. I'm trying to take a screenshot of my main screen, but

    screencapture -x -Jwindow 1.png 

    does not include windows, so a screenshot contains only my wallpaper. Basically, I want screencapture to work the same way as command + shift + 3 does.

    OS: Big Sur v11.4

    Edit: I'm writing a program and screencapture command will execute in the background, so I don't want to allow users to select windows manually using -W flag.

    submitted by /u/spaghettiBoyyy
    [link] [comments]

    Script to open terminal with a command

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Hey fellows,

    how can I add a script to open a terminal on mac with a specific command?

    e.g open /Applications/....

    submitted by /u/discorogo
    [link] [comments]

    How to Spatialize Stereo?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 01:35 AM PDT

    How to Spatialize Stereo on macOS Monterey?

    submitted by /u/0x77dev
    [link] [comments]

    Downgrading to Mojave

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 01:11 AM PDT

    Hey all, first post on here. Just wondering if anyone could give me some tips before downgrading my OS (notifying me of any potential mishaps, making sure documents are compatible, that sort of thing). Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/manicbro
    [link] [comments]

    Designer imagines video for original Macintosh

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:35 AM PDT

    Is it safe for apps to use 100% CPU on occasion?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:16 PM PDT

    I have several apps that decide to eat all of my CPU. I have a quad core, 3.6ghz iMac with a decent Radeon graphics card. Its only a year or so old.

    Whenever I open Adobe Premiere or run something intensive like ffnpeg on the command line, all of my CPU gets eaten and my fans go crazy. Sometimes the machine stutters in the sense that it's becomes usable for a period of time. Not completely unusable, but it feels so slow it might as well be.

    I was wondering if this is healthy for my iMac and if there are apps out there to limit the amount of CPU usage a single app can make at any given time?

    I came across an app called App Tamer which claims to do something like this, but its super old and I can't find an equivalent app that's newer.

    Nor do I even know if it is necessary.

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/sugarwave32
    [link] [comments]

    OS recommendation for 2012 MBP 13”

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 06:27 PM PDT

    I'm a dumb dumb and upgraded my 2012 MBP to each new OS as they came out… and turned it into a fancy paperweight.

    So I just put a 1TB SSD in it and 16gb RAM is on the way. The factory restore was Mountain Lion, and I just finished upgrading to Sierra. I think High Sierra is a better choice, but I think Mojave or Catalina might be pushing it.

    Thoughts from those smarter than myself?

    submitted by /u/Caffeinated_Ape
    [link] [comments]

    thoughts on new safari

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 09:26 AM PDT

    thoughts on new safari

    from the surface, it's kinda cool. seeing no wasted space here at all is kinda refreshing. and it's really useful to keyboard shortcuts people out there. ⌘1-9, ⌘L, ⌘{ never feels so great. but that's where it stops being great to me.

    search bar on multiple tabs

    the start tab on the first tab is unchanged. but with multiple tabs open, it changes the position. it's bad enough for muscle memory, but it's terrible just for reading it. moreover, the search dialog extends beyond the safari window, which looks so bad in my opinion

    edit: adding opinions. dynamic title bar is kinda gimmicky. most websites doesn't really match, or at least the way i imagine it would be. closing tabs is also a nightmare. some tabs just won't close until you open it then press the x icon.

    closing tabs with a mouse has no clear indication, as well as grabbing the window. you can drag the window by holding the tabs, which is unclear design. three finger drag only moves the window, and to move tabs you have to hold the tab, then move it.

    rearranging tabs

    overall i think this is a downgrade for safari. they're trying to maximize screen use but ended up making a confusing browser experience, especially for less tech savvy people

    submitted by /u/bryanwt
    [link] [comments]

    Do you know of a texting apps that syncs & can be controlled from my computer? (osx)

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 09:43 PM PDT

    I have an android phone, and I hate texting, so I'd like to see if there's an app for my computer where I can receive texts, and respond directly from my computer. I have a Mac, so it needs to be usable on OSX, as well as an android phone.

    submitted by /u/student-of-the-web
    [link] [comments]

    Help upgrading from OSX Yosemite to Big Sur

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 02:57 PM PDT

    Hi I formated my 2014 MBP. It has Yosemite installed and I want to install the latest MacOS. However, when I try to download the update It makes me enter my password, which apparently is always false. Meanwhile my phone gets the two factor authentication message and a code, but there is no Place to enter it in.

    How do I upgrade? I feel like I'm stuck.

    submitted by /u/Weltenbaum
    [link] [comments]

    macos big sur web #wip

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:34 PM PDT

    How to transfer files from macOS to windows 10

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    I have a thunderbolt 3 cable to connect my MacBook pro to my PC, how would I transfer files using the cable?

    submitted by /u/hi-Im-gosu
    [link] [comments]

    Application Transparency in Big Sur

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 12:17 PM PDT

    Application Transparency in Big Sur

    Is there a way to disable the slight transparency that they apply to their apps over the background. It's giving my apps a very purple look that isn't pretty, and the only way I've found to disable it is to turn off transparency in accessibility settings, and that disables all transparency everywhere, such as the menu bar and dock. Thanks for the help!

    https://preview.redd.it/twiou6hz9v671.png?width=2074&format=png&auto=webp&s=63144f2df47058063b838b64aba1b5aef73f555d

    Edit: This has been solved

    submitted by /u/Zatack7
    [link] [comments]

    iOS Last Backup on this Mac: Never?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 11:45 AM PDT

    System preferences HDR

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 05:33 PM PDT

    Just picked up a 4k hdr monitor and when I plug into my M1 MacBook Pro and select hdr, the colors appear super saturated and it just doesn't look good at all. Anyone have the same issue or know any fixes? It's a Lg 32UL500-W and I'm connected through usb c to display port, but also tried hdmi and same thing.

    submitted by /u/Majkad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel