• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 23, 2021

    Apple Macbook Finally decided I was sick of my 2017 MBP keyboard, and spend $15 on a 2003 A1048 keyboard! Works like a dream

    Apple Macbook Finally decided I was sick of my 2017 MBP keyboard, and spend $15 on a 2003 A1048 keyboard! Works like a dream


    Finally decided I was sick of my 2017 MBP keyboard, and spend $15 on a 2003 A1048 keyboard! Works like a dream

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:35 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro or Air For CS student?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 10:25 PM PDT

    I'm going into computer science this fall, should I get the m1 air or pro? I'm thinking of getting the air because it's cheaper but I'm not sure yet.

    submitted by /u/BoomaA_
    [link] [comments]

    Updating mid-2014 Macbook Pro

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 10:07 PM PDT

    I have a mid-2014 Macbook Pro that I have not updated for...quite a while, since El Capitan. (I know, bad choice, I know! I was/have been paranoid about losing data and also...slacking. I know). Anyway, figuring that I should update now. It works great overall. My question is will jumping a lot of versions mess up my macbook? Or should just go to Mojave or something? I would like to keep using it for as long as possible. Thanks for any info.

    edit: it's a retina and 8gb ram

    submitted by /u/lkjhfdsaa
    [link] [comments]

    Apple India: Can I apply the employee discount over a student discount?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 12:19 AM PDT

    Since the employee purchase is a 17% reimbursement of the final price, can I buy a Mac using the student discount and then avail the employee reimbursement on it?

    submitted by /u/bizzarebleh
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to remove the installation error while installing photoshop in MacBook air M1

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 10:56 PM PDT

    1 TB vs. 512 GB

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 02:55 PM PDT

    Which should I choose between these two SSD sizes? I am using it as a Finance major, I will be a Freshman next year. I would also get Apple Care if I went with 512. Let me know!

    submitted by /u/greenishgiraffe
    [link] [comments]

    First things to do out of the box M1 Air?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 06:25 PM PDT

    2017 MBP 15” user tempted to switch M1 MBA

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 09:48 PM PDT

    Interaction design major student Uses Figma desktop app, Xd, Zoom, probably learn Xcode and some coding Satisfied with 15 mbp(recently got that replacement service): screen size, productivity But the battery and heat are disappointing when compared to M1 MacBooks

    Do you guys think it's worth to sell it and get a m1 MacBook Air? Or should I just stick with the 15" Mac?

    Thx 🙏

    submitted by /u/Chosj201198
    [link] [comments]

    8GB M1 MacBook Pro or 16GB M1 MacBook Air

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 09:11 PM PDT

    Both are going to cost me the same because the Pro is on sale. Does anyone have any idea what I should go with? I keep wondering if the 16GB is really worth giving up the extra processing power and the brighter display. Don't really care much for the Touch Bar so that's not really a dealbreaker for me.

    submitted by /u/Computer_Probe
    [link] [comments]

    Mac functions normally but the display is not on

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:58 PM PDT

    Battery Cycle Count on a newly purchased MacBook?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:53 PM PDT

    I've purchased a MBA M1 8/256 last week. I'm in a country, where there's no authorised Apple Store, so had to buy it from a vendor. So this macbook was completely fine and intact; but the battery Cycle shown as 1. Does it suppose to be 0?

    submitted by /u/imamurh
    [link] [comments]

    Is it true that keeping your Mac plugged into the charger will not deteriorate the battery?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:50 PM PDT

    I am barely being introduced into the world of computers and for as long as I can remember, I was told to never leave your computer plugged into the charger overnight or for long periods of time.

    Is that true?

    I remember my grandma had a MacBook she bought a few years ago and she always kept it plugged in and then she quickly noticed that when she used it without the charged the battery drained significantly.

    I am just curious now that I, myself am a MacBook owner.

    any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/sunnyscorpio
    [link] [comments]

    What's the easiest way to connect 2 people's wired or Bluetooth headphones to a MacBook?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 12:59 PM PDT

    We both have Bluetooth earbuds and I have a Radio Shack's worth of adapters and wired headphones. How would I go about letting two people listen to one MacBook's audio?

    submitted by /u/boxowires
    [link] [comments]

    sleeve scratches mac?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 06:20 PM PDT

    Can't believe it but my mac already got two scratches within few days. one of them is more than 2inches long and makes me feel terrible.

    The only source is now the sleeve if not some cat or skunk in my office.(or what?)

    The sleeve looks perfect although it's not brand new, i have used it with my old mac for some time, when i look at the inside of the sleeve, it looks absolutely clean.

    The only thing that's non ideal is the size of the sleeve being 15inch while my mac is 13, so likely it moved more often in it. But even that, how come two scratches within days, does anyone have similar experience of getting scratches from sleeves?

    plz advice..

    submitted by /u/Nanoporous
    [link] [comments]

    8-Core CPU And 7-Core GPU Vs. 8-Core CPU And 8-Core GPU??

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    Is there any real notable difference between the two??

    After adding all the options I want (16GB ram & 512gb storage) there is a $70 difference.

    submitted by /u/true_tedi
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Clamshell Mode

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 01:57 PM PDT

    I have a 2013 MacBook Pro that I connect to an external monitor via HDMI

    Ideally I'd like to close the lid and continue to work but it cuts off the external monitor signal too

    Any ideas how to make this work?

    submitted by /u/craigoup
    [link] [comments]

    Are my passwords accessible on Keychain if I log out of my iCloud?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 05:29 PM PDT

    I had to handover my laptop for repairs at an "authorized dealer" after pouring coffee on it and shorting the sound.

    They asked me to change my main password which I did, but now I'm worried about their accessing all my passwords via Keychain. I just logged my MacBook out of iCloud - would they still have access to saved passwords?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/custardance
    [link] [comments]

    Please help. Simple multi-display issue.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 05:07 PM PDT

    I use a MacBook pro with the touch bar and with my previous 2017 MacBook pro I was able to use an HDMI > USB-C cord in one of my thunderbolt slots for one monitor.

    With my other Thunderbolt slot, I was able to plug in a HooToo dongle, which had my keyboard, mouse, charger, and HDMI cord for my other monitor all plugged into it.

    This worked flawlessly for months on my old MacBook 2017 until the HDMI-USB-C monitor stopped working. I chalked it up to the monitor being faulty after the cord didn't work and a new cord didn't either.

    Today I tried the "Broken" monitor after a couple of months and it worked just fine when plugged in to the thunderbolt port with the HDMI to USB-C cable.

    However, when I plug the dongle in with the HDMI from the other monitor, that monitor shows "no signal"

    When I do the opposite and plug the dongle in first, this monitor works fine, and then I plug the other monitor in (HDMI to USB-C directly into MacBook) and it doesn't display

    So in short, I have two monitors, one that uses an HDMI to USB-C and plugs right into the laptop, and the other that comes from an HDMI to HDMI that is plugged into a dongle adapter.

    They both work, but one at a time, whichever one I hook up first.

    I know it's possible to display them both but it just won't work for me.

    Thank you for any suggestions.

    submitted by /u/rickjameswad
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook upgrade

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 04:58 PM PDT

    I currently have a 2013 macbook pro that I often connect to a monitor with a HDMI cable. I am looking to upgrade my MacBook this summer but have no idea what to get. Should a MacBook air be enough and will be able to handle the second monitor/two screens working at once every day or should I go for the MacBook pro? If so, what versions of MacBook air/pro should I be getting (7 core GPU, 8 core GPU etc)

    I'm a student who just has applications open on both tabs with my workplace setup on one screen and my personal stuff on the other screen(nothing super serious like editing or gaming)

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/OpenWishbone4578
    [link] [comments]

    help with VirtualBox crashes? as soon as I go to select an OS it just crashes I'm on BigSur

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    Just got an M1 Macbook Pro for work. Is it "legal" to use Windows 10 ARM via Parallels for developing?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 06:28 AM PDT

    Read "legal" as: licensed properly so we don't get in trouble if we get audited.

    I need to use Visual Studio and SSMS for work. I've recently got an M1 Macbook Pro. I'd like to run these programs on the Macbook instead of using a separate Windows machine.

    The plan was to install Parallels and then install Windows 10 for ARM, but it seems that it's not possible to licence it unless it's for a specific OEM machine, which the Macbook Pro is not. Is it impossible for us to do this?

    If it's not possible, what alternatives are there to this?

    submitted by /u/TP_Dev
    [link] [comments]

    Work machine refresh

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:15 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    I'm due for a machine refresh at work.

    I currently use a 2019 13" MBP I7 with 16GB RAM

    I have two options (storage not important):

    1. A new m1 pro with 16GB ram but I'm still limited to the 13" size

    2. 16" 2020 MBP I9 intel model with 32GB RAM

    I am looker for more screen real estate. However, the M1 chip is exciting for the non-heating of the device / fan situation.

    Any advice?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Snootsmoots
    [link] [comments]

    2 external monitors with 2020 Macbook Air (M1 processor)

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    Is this possible without a docking station? I tried with 2 usb-c hubs and the displaylink program, but it still does not work.

    submitted by /u/nickefen
    [link] [comments]

    I need help

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 12:12 PM PDT

    My MacBook Pro screen is flickering and I don't know why. Please help me.

    submitted by /u/Moist-Carob-1821
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel