• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 20, 2021

    Apple Macbook The ecosystem: powered by MBP mid 2012

    Apple Macbook The ecosystem: powered by MBP mid 2012


    The ecosystem: powered by MBP mid 2012

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 05:57 AM PDT

    Would a MacBook Air be fine for games like fortnite and minecraft?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 06:43 PM PDT

    I'm interested in getting a MacBook Air. I enjoy gaming like fortnite and Minecraft and am wanting to know if it would be fine to run on a MacBook?

    submitted by /u/Crippled53
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 13" - How To Best Utilize Screen Resolution

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:19 PM PDT

    Hello Everyone,

    I have always been a 15" MacBook Pro user for 10+ years now, and I have always enjoyed the extra screen real estate that comes with the bigger screen / laptop. However, when my company offered me a 'free' upgrade to a 13" M1 MacBook Pro, I jumped on the deal, and upgraded a few weeks ago. I am really enjoying the portability, lighter weight of the machine, and power of the M1 chip, but I'm trying to make the most of the slightly less amount of screen real estate / resolution with the new laptop.

    Question:

    Those with a 13" MacBook Pro, are there any tips you share on how to best use the default resolution? I've been maximizing apps to full-screen and hiding the top menu bar and such (basic stuff), but really just wanted to get some feedback from others who may have went from a larger 15" laptop to the smaller 13" MacBook Pro laptop?

    Any assistance / feedback / tips would be super appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/A4orce84
    [link] [comments]

    Battery charging and formatting

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 11:37 PM PDT

    I have a MacBook ( 12 inch, Early 2016) 4.5 yrs old

    I need to get the battery changed. Does all the data gets erased on changing the battery? Do I need to save all the data in a hard drive or its fine? (its password protected)

    Can the servicing ppl access the contents?

    submitted by /u/cookiencreamfudge
    [link] [comments]

    Batt drain a little more after non use.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 10:58 PM PDT

    I was using my M1 MBA for a few months and loved the insane battery. I honestly would use it light use for a few hours a day and it took me weeks to get in below 40%. Did that for 8 cycles always leaving it on or sleeping. Then I stopped using it for a few weeks and powered it down. I was super busy with work and kids and just powered it back on, and my battery has now draining 5% in a half hour light use just surfing the net like I usually do. What gives? Not the end of the world but not the insane battery I've come to love.

    submitted by /u/CameraManJKG
    [link] [comments]

    MBA M1 16GB delivery time

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 06:06 PM PDT

    My current laptop completely crashed. I have a big thing in 8 days and need a laptop. I have ordered a MBA M1 with 16GB RAM upgrade. The promised delivery date is mid July although I would love to get it sooner. I'm planning to borrow one from a friend meanwhile.

    Just out of curiosity and preparation, anyone who ordered almost the same thing in the past month from Canada, how long did it take for the order to reach you?

    submitted by /u/AEVIAR
    [link] [comments]

    You can add cool widgets to your Mac like this!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:26 PM PDT

    Macbook air 1466 screen burn

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 05:59 AM PDT

    Does it matter what type of USB C cable I buy?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:42 PM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro (13 in, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) and I need a new cable. I'm using a 61W USB-C Power Adapter, so my question is am I buying any USB C charging cable, or do I need to purchase a particular one to pair with that type of adapter? I saw a best seller on Amazon that's compatible with my model, so should I get that?

    submitted by /u/PreciousNickia
    [link] [comments]

    Will the MacBook Air Meet My Needs?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    I'm looking to use GarageBand and Zoom at the same time to record audio and video for a podcast and later edit the audio/video for posting. Most of the editing will be more audio intensive than video intensive. The video will be pretty much used as is and just cut and synced to the audio. I was looking at the 16GB/512GB config with the 7 core GPU. That should be more than enough for what I'm trying to do, right? I wanted to make sure I wouldn't need a MacBook Pro, but it doesn't seem like there's that much of a difference in performance from what I could tell. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Grouchy_Theme4480
    [link] [comments]

    [Serious keyboard issues] Is it possible to disable all keystrokes from particular keys completely?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:02 PM PDT

    [This is kind of a long post. Please read it completely to understand all the issues]

    The left command key and the left arrow key on my intel based macbook pro are not working at all. Nothing happens on pressing them. But at random times, they act like they are being continuously pressed (not together). For example, if I'm typing something, then suddenly, the cursor keeps moving left making it impossible to type anything. This happens even if I'm not using the inbuilt keyboard, so I really don't understand what triggers the left arrow key to get pressed!

    The same happens with the left command key too - it doesn't work when pressed, but at random times, it just acts like it's pressed continuously and ruins whatever I'm doing. The key doesn't get "un-pressed" even upon restart at many occasions and renders the macbook completely unusable.

    What would be the best way to work around this issue? Is it possible to completely disable these two keys on the inbuilt keyboard and use an external keyboard? I want all keystrokes from these two keys on the inbuilt keyboard to be completely ignored by the whole system, but they should work on an external keyboard. Is this even possible? Or is it possible to map these keys to some other keys on the internal keyboard and then fully disable these keys? Or is it possible for me to fix this issue all by myself without the need to go to an Apple service center? Also, how reliable are non-Apple centers for repairs? Do they charge a much lower amount than the authorized Apple service centers?

    Important note: Initially I thought that I could fix all issues by doing a factory reset by holding cmd+R on startup. Since my left cmd key wasn't working, I tried this with the right cmd key, but this doesn't work! I even tried various combinations of cmd+R from an external keyboard, but nothing works!! It just powers on as usual and there's no option to erase disk and do a fresh install of macOS.

    I don't wanna give my macbook for service, cause firstly, it's out of warranty and I don't wanna spend a fortune on repairs, and secondly, I need the macbook for school work and virtual interviews, so I can't part with it even for a day.

    submitted by /u/particleORwave123
    [link] [comments]

    BootCamp partition in Parallels

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:53 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I've recently found out that I can actually run my BootCamp partition through Parallels.

    So according to my understanding, I can either - run BootCamp for maximum performance or run the partition through Parallels to have an easy access without restarting the MacBook so I can have best of both worlds? Are there any other differences? Does Parallels "messes up" with BootCamp partition somehow?

    submitted by /u/hsgamer_pl
    [link] [comments]

    As the proud owner of a MacBook Air M1- I am so tired of seeing photos of MacBook Air M1’s.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 04:24 PM PDT

    is upgraded storage worth it?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 11:58 AM PDT

    im getting an m1 macbook air for school and i wanted to know if the base 256gb storage is good enough for everyday use as im planning to use external drives for most of my storage since itll be cheaper than onboard storage is the hassle worth it or should i just get more base storage?

    submitted by /u/Significant_Big_8107
    [link] [comments]

    Best app for NTFS file transferring? Ive tried mounty but have heard its not as good as others.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 11:16 AM PDT

    I know some of them are not free and thats fine. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gayautistic
    [link] [comments]

    How to Reset Your Admin Password on a Mac

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 10:56 AM PDT

    To buy a cheap PC or a used macbook pro/air?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 06:31 AM PDT

    Hi!

    My MBP (Mid 2017 model) is broken and apple repair is $900AUD which is way too much.

    I start uni in 2 weeks, so I need a laptop asap. I'm either going to buy a new cheap PC (spending no more than 500AUD) or buy a used macbook from ebay (nothing older than 2015, or 2013 if worth it)

    I'll be using it for zoom calls (audio and video), watching netflix, youtube videos, and just general online uni stuff such as researching/essay writing/note taking

    Ive read a lot of stuff on here about the 2015 macbook pro/air? Or am I better off buying a new PC? recommendations/advice would be helpful)

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/jjaammie
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse for M1 MacBook Pro with USB C Hub

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 10:06 AM PDT

    I have an M1 MacBook Pro and I want it hooked up to a monitor and a mouse and a keyboard.

    I bought a USB C to HDMI cable for the monitor - that takes up 1 of the 2 USB C slots.

    I bought this USB C Hub for the other slot - in order to plug in a keyboard and mouse.

    I tried a wireless mouse and it had poor performance through the hub, so I figured I needed a wired mouse, but the wired mouse also has poor performance, especially the scroll wheel on the mouse. I can scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll and only be two lines further down on the page, it seems to glitch/spring back up as I'm trying to scroll.

    Any suggestions for a hub and/or a mouse that would work consistently well?

    Thanks so much for any help!

    submitted by /u/NewAltWhoThis
    [link] [comments]

    Buy a m1 or wait for the new mac

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 04:16 AM PDT

    so i decided that i will buy a macbook air m1, but a friend of mine told me to wait for the next series, because they might add some new things like hdmi ports.....
    so do you have any idea when the next mac air will be released? or what new features it can have?!?!

    submitted by /u/ahmad_elbazi
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro won't turn on

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    My macbook was updating plugged in and it has now been over an hour with no response from the display touch bar or anything. I have tried another charger still won't work what happened to it?

    submitted by /u/Rudy--1
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal that most mac users doesnt maximize the windows?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 07:48 AM PDT

    Or most people do it? Because I saw a lot people just use ir as is.

    submitted by /u/jojojmtk
    [link] [comments]

    im looking to get a macbook

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 07:48 AM PDT

    what is the performance diferance form the macbook air options i see one has 8 graphics cores and one has 7 cores but other than that is there any noticeable preformance diference beetween the 2. id be doing cad work and the adobe suite

    submitted by /u/cricketman98
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air randomly shutting down

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I got my brand new Macbook Air with the M1 chip two days ago and i'm already experiencing some problems with my battery. It started off with it shutting down randomly at 10% without warning and i didn't really think about it. Today it did the same thing but it turned off at around 30-40% battery left. When i turned the Macbook back on it showed it had 1% battery but after plugging the charger in it showed that i apparently had 37% battery. Has anyone been experiencing this? Should i ask for a replacement? Or maybe there is a solution? I really doubt it.

    submitted by /u/HHAANNII
    [link] [comments]

    Volume adjustment

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    Hi, I recently bought the macbook pro M1, i have to say I'm loving this a lot! I just have one question. Whenever I'm on multiple application such as youtube, zoom, netflix etc. I can't seem to control the volume of the zoom application. Is there any way I can lower the volume of the application without controling 'the whole system audio'? If there is, can someone teach me how, like can I install a third party application etc.

    I don't know if that's a stupid question. Please forgive me, im a newbie.

    submitted by /u/borderlinemaniac
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel