• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 22, 2021

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread


    Daily Tech Support Thread

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily (Tech) Support thread for /r/Apple. This thread may also be used to find buying/selling advice or answers to other short questions.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    The new Daily Tech Support Thread is posted each day at 06:00 AM EST (Click HERE for other timezones) and then the old one is archived. If this time is near when you want to post your question, it is advised to wait for the new thread to be posted.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How I Found A Vulnerability To Hack iCloud Accounts and How Apple Reacted To It - The Zero Hack

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 05:15 PM PDT

    Today in Apple history: iOS 4 brings multitasking and FaceTime

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 07:19 AM PDT

    Users Underwhelmed by iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, Survey Suggests

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 07:26 AM PDT

    TrendForce: iPhone 13 Lineup Will Remain Limited to Maximum 512GB of Storage

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 06:39 AM PDT

    Flash Sale - Magic Keyboard for $99 if you buy the 12.9 inch iPad Pro

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 05:37 PM PDT

    Memoji would be a lot better if it was usable in other apps

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    90% of the time I use memoji, it's because my daughter wants to see herself as [insert name of animal].

    Wouldn't it be a lot better if they allowed memoji to be used in the Photography app, for example, so I don't have to FaceTime my iPad just so she can play with it?

    submitted by /u/DaddyDeveloper
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile Flagship Phone Cameras 2021 H1 Review: Megapixels & Telephotos

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 02:15 AM PDT

    iPhone 12 mini reaches its end-of-life as production winds up

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 11:55 PM PDT

    Russian Parliament Votes to Force US Tech Giants to Open Local Offices or Face Punitive Measures

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 05:15 AM PDT

    @grork: WWDC 2021: Apple is building the metaverse substrate in plain sight. I thought it might be fun to take a semi-serious look at technology from the Apples WWDC21 keynote, and how it might help building the metaverse. 20th June 2021, 19 minutes to read.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 12:36 PM PDT

    Thoughts (Review) on the M1 MBP from a lifelong Windows user

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    I wanted to share my experience of using the M1 MBP after a month (or so!). Hopefully this well help someone like me, who is in the market for buying a laptop and maybe looking to switch to a Mac from Windows.

    Context - I have been a lifelong Windows user, and I still use a Windows laptop for my work. Since Windows 10, I have been very happy with the OS itself, and have zero problems with it. Recently, I was in the market for buying a personal laptop. I previously owned a Dell G7, which is a really powerful machine, but had a very average screen and was bulky as hell. This time around I had very specific requirements for my laptop - Great screen, performance, battery life and portability. So basically the perfect ultrabook. And of course, I wanted this all at the cheapest price possible (who doesn't?). So after almost a month of research, I narrowed it down to a couple of laptops - MBP, MBA, Dell XPS 13, HP Spectre 14, Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro. All these laptops had most of the things I was looking for (bar one or two of those key features I need), but the MBP seemed to tick all the boxes for me, so I went ahead and purchased the 16GB M1 Pro (Silver)

    Now here are my thoughts on the actual laptop after more than a month of use:

    1. Unboxing - Let's start with the hardware. The moment I unboxed it and held it in my hand, I was blown away. It was super thin (especially compared to my G7), and the metal finish was just exquisite and cool to the touch. When I opened the laptop, I was once again impressed by its clean and industrial look. No stickers, no other wording, just 'MacBook Pro' on the bottom of the screen, that's it. In summary, I absolutely loved the whole aesthetic of the laptop.
    2. Hardware -

      • Screen - Top notch, the resolution is the perfect balance between a 1080p and a 4K screen. Colors look amazing, and it was a massive step up from my Dell G7. Screen is one of the most important feature I look for in any gadget (phone, laptop, tablet) and this has exceeded my expectations. The only con is that my full HD monitor now looks like crap in front of this (hehe).
      • Performance - Like I have mentioned before, I have a company provided laptop for work. So I was using this mainly for day-day stuff, coding (Python, SQL) for data analysis and very light photo/video editing. So, it's not really the most intensive work, but throughout my workflow (which involves opening up like 100 tabs on Chrome, with Spotify on and coding at the same time), I've had zero hiccups. In fact, I have only restarted the laptop twice in this entire time, and I still don't have anything slowing it up. One issue I would like to add here - I'd have liked to install Linux alongside or at least run it on a VM, but its currently not possible, which is annoying.
      • Other - The trackpad is the best trackpad I have used, period. I'm not the biggest fan of the keyboard however. My work laptop is a ThinkPad, and coming from that, it's not great. This is easily the weakest point of the MacBook for me. The port situation isn't great either, I'd have loved it if they had put the two USB C ports on either sides of the laptop. But that's just a small annoyance. Oh, and about fan noise - there is none, absolutely none. This is one silent machine, and something I have never seen in any laptop before!
      • Battery life - This deserves a section of its own, I mean - wow! I easily get 15 hours+ on my usage, and that's just mind-blowing. This has easily been the strongest point of the laptop for me. Imagine a situation where you just don't need to take your charger with you, and can still comfortably use your laptop for a day or two. Great job Apple!
    3. Software -

      • I'm a first time Mac OS user. But having used Linux distros before, I didn't find it too jarring. There's a ton of software to make workflows similar to Windows (multi-tasking view, window management etc), this definitely helped.
      • I do miss having a free version of Excel (which I use for data analysis) bundled with my laptop, but other than that, I've never had any issues with app availability for my uses.
      • The fact that I don't need to restart my system every once in a while, to 'refresh' performance is very welcome. It certainly has a bit of a learning curve, but easily manageable. If you are thinking of switching to Mac, I'd recommend to check the availability of the apps that you use (particularly true for the M1 mac), but if it is, then you'll have no issues with switching!
      • One thing I really love is the trackpad gestures on this OS. Along with the great trackpad, it's such a nice way to navigate pretty much everything.

    Final thoughts - I would give this laptop a 9/10. It's easily the best laptop I have used, and does everything expected of an ultrabook. There are some great laptops on Windows, and some of them have a better feature vs the Macbook (be it the screen, or keyboard, or something else). But overall, as a package, unlike other laptops, the MBP has the best balance of all the key features you'd expect. If you dont need Windows for your workflow (and dont game!), I believe this is one of the best laptops you can buy.

    Feel free to ask any questions if you are considering purchasing this!

    submitted by /u/xLoneStar
    [link] [comments]

    Some Apple Card Family users say they aren’t receiving Daily Cash rewards, more

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 08:37 AM PDT

    Why was the iphone 6 so succesfull?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 10:01 AM PDT

    Ive been an android user for basically forever but I still consider the iphone 6 to be the absolute goat of smartphones, Does anyone know why it managed to sell over 3x more than the iphone xr? (the second most succesfull iphone)

    submitted by /u/1Dragoe
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Added to German Watchdog’s Big Tech Hit List

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    CHM interview of Rich Page. Rich was one of the five people Steve Jobs chose to take with him when he left Apple to start NeXT.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 03:16 PM PDT

    Which Apple product needs the biggest updates and why?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 11:18 PM PDT

    Seeing a lot of mixed reviews on IOS 15, especially on IpadOS. What are some features that are dislikable about the OS and what features do you guys really wish Apple would make for all their future products?

    submitted by /u/Sea-Administration23
    [link] [comments]

    Idea about new Safari tab groups

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 10:49 PM PDT

    I've tried the new Safari tab groups in the Technical Preview and I can say I really like them along with the revamped tabs.

    One thing that came to my mind that will be a killer feature not only for Safari but for privacy is the possibility to separate sessions / cookies per tab group. Something similar to Firefox containers, where we have complete isolation between tab groups. So I can have my social platforms opened in one tab group that does not follow me around when I do stuff in my Work tab group for example. Or to be logged simultaneously in my personal and work gmail accounts in different tab group.

    I doubt that will be easily doable, but I think we can all benefit from that. What do you think guys?

    submitted by /u/Sh1d0w_lol
    [link] [comments]

    12.9" M1 iPad Pro Ultimate Review after 1 Month - No More Excuses..

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 09:29 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel