• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 21, 2021

    macOS iTunes will always be 2006 in my mind

    macOS iTunes will always be 2006 in my mind


    iTunes will always be 2006 in my mind

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 04:16 AM PDT

    M1 macOS Big Sur New Hello Screensaver

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 12:40 AM PDT

    Is anybody with an M1 Mac on Big Sur 11.3 able to share the new screensaver? I have an older Mac Mini but still would love to use the new screensaver.

    Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/iamstevesteyn
    [link] [comments]

    I haven't seen anyone talk about this recently, but why do widgets on macOS Big Sur keep disappearing? I've search through Apple Support forums and found, nothing- (I've updated all of the third-party apps that I've used, deleted and re-installed them, and updated to macOS Big Sur 11.2.3)

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    How do I reduce the amount of space taken up by rendered files in iMovie.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 10:20 PM PDT

    Sorry for any mistakes this is my first time posting on Reddit, also sorry if this is the wrong place for this. One last note, it is late for me so I may not be able to respond until morning.

    Background: I have a YouTube channel that I started in December last year. I have been using iMovie to edit my videos and I have run into countless issues with iMovie library being full. Until now I have seen success with just moving file around to external devices, and deleting files from my computer and iMovie library when I am done and the video is uploaded.

    Problem: However my current project has been uncooperative, it is a similar length to other projects in raw unedited footage. As usual I started to run into issues with iMovie library being full, I removed some files off my computer and I uploaded some of the video files that are already in iMovie into a google drive and subsequently deleted off my desktop. However I still ran into the iMovie library full pop up after only a couple cuts, I move more file and I was only able to make another couple edits. I found this odd and went to look at my computers storage in settings and discovered that a quarter of my hard drive (about 238 gigabytes)was taken up by iMovie library, more specifically rendered files. Now I do not know what to do. the file size of all the raw footage is about 15-20 gigabytes.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. And if this is the wrong sub Reddit for this i am sorry and could someone point me in the right direction.

    submitted by /u/AngryH939
    [link] [comments]

    Safari + M1 Touchbar

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 10:19 PM PDT

    Artifacts when switching between desktops

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 01:14 AM PDT

    Yosemite theme for OS X Lion

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 11:14 PM PDT

    Hello, someone know if there is a custom theme for OS X Lion to make it look like OS X Yosemite or macOS High Sierra?

    submitted by /u/Psychological_Fold96
    [link] [comments]

    Need a Clipboard App that syncs between mac and android.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 02:02 AM PDT

    Is there any clipboard app that is available on both android and mac with sync feature?

    submitted by /u/00Turag
    [link] [comments]

    Reddit app for macOS

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 01:43 AM PDT

    Hello guys! Are there any good app that I can use to browse reddit instead of Safari browser? It would be the best if it had a dark theme.

    submitted by /u/PisOliver
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Mini M1 Default Display Profiles Reset

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 01:16 AM PDT

    Hi guys

    I've recently switched to an M1 Mac Mini from Windows and am loving the new experience. I use it as a portable PC as I have monitors set up at both work and home. I am however having an issue where the Color Display Profiles of each monitor reset to their default each time I move from the office to home and vice versa.

    Home setup - LG 27UK600

    Work setup - LG 29WK500

    Both these setups have their respective default display profiles whilst also supporting SD 170M-A. The defaults have rather low color saturation and appear fairly washed out so I've selected the latter on both monitors. I can't however get the Mac Mini to remember to use SD 170M-A, as each time I shut down the Mac and switch monitors it resets to the respective default color profile.

    Is there any way to force the Mac to respect SD 170M-A as it's default profile regardless of the display connected? Alternatively is there a calibration app that I can use to boost color saturation?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheLiquidChef
    [link] [comments]

    iPad M1 Mac OS?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    Guys I am wondering whether mac os will come to iPad. It would be so cool.

    submitted by /u/PakistanBallMapping
    [link] [comments]

    Photolibraryd writing a lot of info to disk - Whats causing this?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 12:20 AM PDT

    Can someone explain to my why the Photolibraryd process is writing so much data to my drive? I have around 40k images on my library on my icloud thats been synced with all my devices, and all been indexed a while ago, but the Photolibraryd is somehow still writing a lot of data to my disc, without me even opening the photo gallery on my mac.

    I take around 5 - 10 photos per day nowadays with my iPhone.

    This is how it looks like the last 48 hours stats (121.85gb written to disk)

    :

    https://i.postimg.cc/sDnhxX6S/image.png

    submitted by /u/GIFSec
    [link] [comments]

    Little Snitch says Safari "resource or signature modified"

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 03:37 PM PDT

    I just got a connection attempt from Safari Networking to 192.168.2.10 – which afaik doesn't exist on my local network – on port 9988. I clicked on info in the LS popup, and I noticed Safari status: "resource or signature modified" with a red X next to it. A quick google search shows a few people saw this after Safari 14.0 but that it was remedied with 14.0.1. I'm running 14.0.3 however, and so I'm a bit stumped.

    Is this something to be concerned about? Not sure what that connection attempt was for.

    submitted by /u/robogobo
    [link] [comments]

    How to fix homebrew "Zsh: command not found - brew" on MacBook M1 silicon devices

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 06:06 PM PDT

    New to Macs, question on keyloggers or malicious software in Boot or OS?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 09:01 PM PDT

    Hi! Sorry dumb question, I just switched to Mac from Windows and bought a used MBA M1. I wiped the drives using the drive utility and did a fresh install of Big Sur, hoping to prevent any malicious stuff already installed.

    Is there any reason to be concerned about malicious stuff especially keyloggers or backdoors in the OS install I did? It was an option in the boot menu to reinstall Big Sur after erasing and reformatting the main volumes..

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/th3w33k3nd
    [link] [comments]

    Figured I’d ask this over here, too.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 03:44 PM PDT

    Mac Bluetooth Mic Issues

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 07:27 PM PDT

    Hey All,

    Recently, I've had an issue with the mic connection to my device when using bluetooth devices. I tried using my wireless earbuds to talk to friends via discord, but they reported a static noise through my mic, making my voice not understandable. I tried switching earbuds, using my brother's but the issue persisted. After connecting my earbuds to my phone, the static noise would go away. After recording myself talk via zoom recording, I also found that my voice was barely understandable, overpowered with static. When I use wired earbuds, this is not an issue. I've tried searching online for solutions, but I've found nothing. I tried reconnecting my earbuds, restarting my computer, but nothing is working thus far. Any suggestions or people who have/had this issue before? Thanks!

    Edit: I forgot to include that I also tried changing my sound input via system preferences, that also doesn't seem to work.

    submitted by /u/DillPickle1489
    [link] [comments]

    How can I access hidden iOS files in iCloud Drive on my Mac?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 06:34 PM PDT

    I've been searching google and Reddit for hours on this. My mac is on Big Sur. I've tried accessing ~/Library/Mobile Documents through finder. I've tried creating an alias through terminal. But nothing I do let's me access the iOS app files stored in iCloud Drive. Is there any way to access them through finder or terminal on Mac anymore ? I accidentally updated a document in an app on my iPhone and can't revert it to the original now. But my mac hasn't been connected to the internet to update the file, so I'm trying to figure out a way I can copy the document, connect my mac back to the internet, and paste the old document replacing the new updated one. But I simply cannot find it on my mac. Any help?

    submitted by /u/RR-MMXIX
    [link] [comments]

    Create Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    Small question about top menu bar and audio output device

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 01:32 PM PDT

    I am running a 2019 MacBook Air on the latest macOs Big Sur release. I almost exclusively use my PowerBeats Pros for all audio output. Whenever I connect the headphones to the Mac, the output audio switches to the headphones and is functionally correct. However, the small logo in the top menu bar (to the left of the bluetooth tab) still displays the regular speaker logo. If I click on that speaker logo, the image switches immediately to one of the PowerBeats Pro. Is there a way to have the image automatically switch to the Beats image without having to click on the speaker logo?

    (I have some pretty bad OCD and it gets really annoying clicking every time to change the logo to the correct one lol). Thanks!

    submitted by /u/teamchaco
    [link] [comments]

    Best wireless mouse thats not the magic mouse or trackpad

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 05:07 PM PDT

    I have a Razer Basilisk Hyperspeed mouse. I go back and forth between my Macbook and my PC and I really like the mouse for that. I have the dongle in the PC for 2.4ghtz and then I flip the switch to Bluetooth for my Macbook.

    But on Mac the two side buttons are useless. And I've tried Better Touch tool, USBOverdrive, and Sensibleside buttons. None of them recognize the buttons.

    I just want a normal bluetooth mouse that's sorta ergonomic that lets me press a side button to expose. Does that exist?

    submitted by /u/Thenadamgoes
    [link] [comments]

    Spent $300 for the repairs but didn’t know the extent of damages. Did I get swindled?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 05:02 PM PDT

    USB C to USB C video capture?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 04:24 PM PDT

    Can this be done? I have a windows laptop I want to be able to see on the new iMac. If it still had Target Display Mode this wouldn't be an issue.

    They both output just fine to my USB C monitor, I'm wondering if I can plug the laptop into the mac with a USB C to USB C cable and capture the video output. Both machines only have USB C so the only other way I can think of to do it would be a USB C to HDMI adapter on the laptop, connect that to a HDMI to USB C video capture device, which just seems silly.

    submitted by /u/redcarpet26
    [link] [comments]

    USB drive not showing up on desktop or Finder in Mavericks 10.9

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    I have a USB stick which I protected using Apple's encryption, months later I sold the MBP and forgot about the drive, I tried accessing the contents through Windows or Linux obviously didn't work. After installing Mavericks on a VM, the first time I inserted the stick a popup prompted me to type in the password which I did and then selected the option to remove encryption, After that I removed the drive to test in on one of my other OS's, but still didn't work, so I went back to Mavericks but now the drive will not show up in the desktop.

    Not sure if this is the right sub to post, please delete if it's not meeting the sub rules, for further reference, here are additional details about the VM

    I can see the drive with diskutil list, under disk1, and when running as root diskutil mountDisk disk1... etc. terminal's output is successful. Also in System Information the drive is listed under the USB section. diskutil cs list, is showing under the Logical volume family, the Encryption Status as Locked, as well as the Logical Volume. I just need the password pop up to come up again, I have the password, it's just not prompting me to type it.

    In Disk Utility I can also see the drive, but the Verify Disk permissions and Repair Disk permissions options are inactive. Minutes after an EFI drive popped up in the desktop spontaneously, but it's empty partition. At the moment is running the USB controller 1.1 in VB, but have also tried with the other 2.0 and 3.0,

    I don't think the usb is damaged otherwise it wouldn't show up in terminal and the other utilities, I just need to prompt me for the password again so I can drag its content to the desktop and back up online. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Redrogae
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel