• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 24, 2021

    Apple Macbook Goodbye surface “pro” 7, hello bankruptcy.

    Apple Macbook Goodbye surface “pro” 7, hello bankruptcy.


    Goodbye surface “pro” 7, hello bankruptcy.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:27 PM PDT

    I'm worried that 8GB isn't enough, especially when I'm just casually browsing sites like Reddit.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:33 PM PDT

    Hey there, got a new MBA M1, 8/8 - 8GB - 512GB.

    This thing is fast and wonderful, I love it. But I have heard about the swap memory issue. I'm getting kind of worried that this machine is going to kill itself in a couple of years. I've tried telling myself that this is just doom and gloom, and that we aren't even sure of the real issue.

    Anyway, I constantly check my memory and my swap. I only use around 100mB a day from what I can tell on swap, but still, I only ever have safari (1 or 2 tabs), messages, and signal open at a time, with a few others scattered here and there, such as Spotify or Mail. But I'm still seeing 6-7gb or my RAM being used and some put into swap. I'm slightly worried that I made a mistake and should have gone with the 16GB model.

    This machine is only a commuter device and is ver lightly used, mostly for browsing, music, and the occasional gaming (Apple Arcade/WoW Classic/Metrovania stuff). Should I upgrade? I've already spent as much as I want to, but if It means I could kill my machine in a year or two I can pay the extra. I want this thing to last me at least 5 years (since it isn't my main computer and more just a traveling device).

    Thanks, and sorry for asking a redundant question. I search for answers but it seems to be pretty mixed.

    submitted by /u/sansermine
    [link] [comments]

    Virtualization on the M1 chip

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    I've just bought the MBA M1 and I'm looking for virtualization software.

    I have overlooked that Parallels is not free, and that it is actually quite pricey.

    I need to virtualize Ubuntu for some of my college work. Does anybody know of any way I can virtualize it on the new M1?

    submitted by /u/Cr0_Phantom
    [link] [comments]

    Is now a good time to buy a MacBook Air? Is 8gb enough RAM?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:07 PM PDT

    I think I can get one for $799 (base model). That seems pretty good to me. Should I pull the trigger? I've never owned a MacBook! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/gayautistic
    [link] [comments]

    Is 8GB of memory less likely to be an issue if the SSD is above 256?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:57 PM PDT

    I've heard that higher capacity disk drives in general last longer. I'm a little beyond the most casual users, as a hobby I do some programming, if that makes a difference.

    submitted by /u/FrugalFreddy
    [link] [comments]

    a little puzzle

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 12:27 AM PDT

    Thermal Throttling - Macbook 15 i9 - 2019 Model - Temperature Low - Any SolutiLow?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 12:09 AM PDT

    Macbook Pro 2018 Beyond economical repair

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 12:02 AM PDT

    Macbook air M1 Chip for c++

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:49 PM PDT

    Hi! Does anyone know If i can run visual studio commission on M1 macbook air? I need to use visual studio community 2019 for college, will be using c++ does that work?

    submitted by /u/babyellexx
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to stream my screen from my early 2015 MacBook Pro to my 500GB PS4 (First version)?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:45 PM PDT

    Problems using 49 inch Samsung C49RG94SSU Monitor with a MBP

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:26 PM PDT

    Problems using 49 inch Samsung C49RG94SSU Monitor with a MBP

    Hello! Does anyone of you use the 49 inch Samsung C49RG94SSU Monitor with a MBP?

    Every time I boot, the monitor is recognized differently:

    Scenario 1 (Lid Opened Boot)

    Scenario 2 (Lid Closed Boot)

    It has 2 different names, although it is the same device. And as you can see, the maximum resolution supported also differs.

    It depends on how I boot my macbook. When I boot it with the lid opened, the monitor is shown as CJG95 (top screenshot).

    When I boot it with the lid closed, the monitor is shown as C49RG9x (bottom screenshot).

    Another problem is, when the monitor gets recognized as C49RG9x, the MB scales its resolution to 5120x1440, but the monitor doesn't show any picture. It only shows the hdmi symbol in the top left corner for a few seconds, then it goes back to sleep and repeats.

    submitted by /u/Tobi4488
    [link] [comments]

    DVDs on Mac

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:09 PM PDT

    Was there any version of Mac that had a disc tray or could run discs? Like for example for Mac versions of games released in the late 2000's and early 2010's.

    submitted by /u/TristanEpsilon
    [link] [comments]

    How can you tell if you have a genuine MagSafe 2 charger for MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:30 PM PDT

    Whst are some key indicators between a fake and a genuine MagSafe 2 MacBook charger (older Mac like 2015)?

    I've had it for years and no reason to suspect it's fake, I just can't remember where I got it from 100% and I've just got a new battery replacement for my Mac so I don't want to mess it up with a fake charger..

    It says Liteon Technology corporation on the charger

    I'm in the uk

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Heythereyou123456
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MBA - 8/256 version is 899 on amazon matching apple edu pricing

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    Should I get a M1 MacBook Air?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 02:54 PM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), 2.8 GHz i5, 8GB RAM and am trying to decide whether to upgrade to a M1 MacBook Air. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/karenmar888
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air - Battery Draining quite quickly

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:17 AM PDT

    Hi friends,

    Just got a MB Air (M1). Switching over from a 2015 MBP, primarily because the old one was crashing constantly. Since I use this computer mostly for music production (Ableton) and browsing, I needed something more stable. I have to say it surpassed my pretty high expectations in all areas except battery life.

    Ableton is a pretty intense program to run so I didn't expect battery to last long while it's open. That being said I'm noticing my battery goes from 100 - 50% in a day where I'm just browsing Reddit, using YouTube and other sites. Any advice on what i may be missing that could be eating up the battery life? Ultimately, this is my wife's laptop as I'll be getting the new MBP maybe in a year or a bit less. I'd like her to have it in new condition and want to ensure I'm doing everything I can to take care of it while I'm using it!

    tl;dr - battery life on these M1 macs are supposed to be stellar. I'm noticing a day of light - medium use runs the battery from 100% - less than 50% over the course of a day. Should I be concerned and is there anything you'd recommend I check to make sure this isn't a defective battery? We just bought the device a couple weeks back.

    submitted by /u/rashado
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MacBook Pro + 4K Monitor Help

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:04 AM PDT

    I'm looking at monitors right now, and it's a minefield.

    I've seen a few people mention that scaling is incorrect on a 4K monitor, and the UI will look too tiny, and if scaled down, it'll lag.

    Question: Is this still a problem? Or is this something that has been fixed?

    Lastly, if anyone's got any recommendations for monitors, it'd be much appreciated. I'm looking at around £400 max.

    Thanks for any help!

    Edit: Strongly considering this: https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/lg-27ul850-w-4k-uhd-led-lcd-monitor-vesa-displayhdr-400/27ul850-w.html#utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=1503186_Skimbit+UK

    submitted by /u/simon_DM
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro (2010) won't "Reinstall macOS" after HD wipe

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    So I wiped my hard drive and now when I boot my computer it takes me to the screen where it gives me 4 options:

    -Restore from Time Machine

    -Reinstall macOS

    -Get Help Online

    -Disk Utility

    When I try and Reinstall macOS I keep getting an error message "an error occurred while preparing the installation".

    Any idea what I can do here? I have tried restarting several times.

    Thanks for any help!!

    submitted by /u/allaboutthehoney
    [link] [comments]

    Which MACBOOK do you own?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    Clearance of old audio devices

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:59 AM PDT

    Well, hello there!

    I have been wondering how I can remove old audio devices on my Mac.

    You know, when you open system preferences, and go-to sound, and click on "Output" and "Input". Yeah, that has some devices which I want to clear from there, since I don't want them "clogging" it up.

    I hope that my explanation was good enough, and thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/SimonWaifu
    [link] [comments]

    What about Macbook M1 and swap memory issue

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    So I wanted to buy the new M1 macbook in its base model 8/256, but when I started doing research on it I came across an article about the "memory swap" issue, I dont know the details but people were saying that the SSDs in the base model M1MB would die in about 2 years with normal usage, and it got me concerned. Do you guys know if the issue has been fixed or something on that matter?

    submitted by /u/nokivm
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS 11.4 Beta in Macbook M1

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:19 AM PDT

    Apple have just released MacOS 11.4 Beta few days ago. I heard that it improves Macbook performance a lot.

    Im using Mac M1, Should i update to this version ? Did anyone using Mac M1 update to this version ?

    submitted by /u/Cojz33222664
    [link] [comments]

    Should I trade my 2019 Pro for an M1 MBA?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    Alright so I've got an opportunity to trade my base (yes, 128Gb) MBP 2019 (the last model that came out before the M1s, with 4 CPU cores) for a base M1 MacBook Air (so the cheapest one, with 256Gb, 8-core CPU, 7-core GPU). I would not have to pay anything extra.

    Initially this seems great, I was very excited about the M1 chips for the extra performance and power efficiency, as well as for the future proofing factor, but I'm one of those weirdos who actually like the Touch Bar, which I would have to let got of by taking this deal. I'm also concerned about the fact that the Air's screen isn't as bright, and that the trackpad is apparently smaller (I really like the massive one on the Pro).

    I use my Mac for university and for work, mainly just the usual light tasks though. I also do some photo editing every once in a while, and I've been getting into programming lately, which I expect to do more of in the future. I also do some light gaming (can't do much more than that with a base Mac lol), and I've definitely noticed my Pro struggling/heating up a lot in the past during sessions.

    Basically I'd like you guys to convince me that I should do the trade despite the stuff that I'll be missing, if you think that would make sense. I'd also have the possibility of paying around €300 out of pocket to get the M1 Pro instead, but I really don't want to spend that money, unless you guys tell me it could be worth it. :)

    submitted by /u/FredGR
    [link] [comments]

    How do i fuse both storages together? (back to normal)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    $100 Off MacBook Air M1 256GB Space Gray only $899 - $100 Off 512GB Silver only $1,149 - Mother's Day Sale

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:38 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel