• Breaking News

    Monday, April 26, 2021

    Apple Macbook Apple officially blocked iOS app sideload on m1 Macs

    Apple Macbook Apple officially blocked iOS app sideload on m1 Macs


    Apple officially blocked iOS app sideload on m1 Macs

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 09:47 PM PDT

    I'm quite excited to see 11.3 update. But after the installation, I found that google authenticator app, which I sideloaded by iMazing, is now unavailable. After several checks it's happening to all the iOS apps that are not certified/optimized on macOS.

    submitted by /u/charles0316
    [link] [comments]

    Should I upgrade to a new MacBook Air?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    I currently have a mid-2015 15" MacBook Pro (Retina, 2.5 GHz i7, 16gb RAM, Intel Iris Pro graphics) that I used throughout college. Since then, I was also gifted a 9.7-inch iPad Pro.

    I generally do not do anything on my MBP that is super demanding, and I find that it collects quite a bit of dust since I usually opt for my phone for quick web tasks and other things. I really enjoy the macOS experience but the bulkiness of the MBP and its short battery life tend to keep me from picking it up.

    On the other hand, I've found that I typically only use the iPad for light reading, web browsing and entertainment — all things that my iPhone is more convenient for.

    Unfortunately neither of these devices is used as much as my phone, which has brought me here. I think it would be really nice to 'combine' the two into a more convenient device that I would frequently use, and the new MacBook airs with upgraded ram and M1 chips seem very attractive.

    Looking forward, I will hopefully go back to business school for a masters degree in the next couple of years, and if I were to upgrade now, I'd like the device to be able to get through that program and last a few years. I have seen that the new iPads are very popular for students, and so I could always grab a used one down the line if that seems like the right choice. The value of the two combined products in the secondhand market is not very high compared to what they were bought for and they still run really well, but that could also help with the cost of a new device.

    Thus, do you think I should sell my MBP and iPad for a new MacBook Air, or should I wait until a new chip comes out or when I go to graduate school in a few years (whichever is first)?

    Thank you for your input!

    Edit: I can't spell

    submitted by /u/acoldbrewski
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to reinstall Mac OS X. This message appears when I get to this step.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 09:13 PM PDT

    Is this a hardware issue or more likely to be software? (video)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:39 PM PDT

    Is there a specific reason the 8-core GPU model comes with 512gb’s of storage versus 256gb? Is 512gb enough?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    I'm trying to future proof myself as much as possible?. I hadn't planned on buying additional internal storage. It will mostly be for school work for the time being but that may change in the future. Should I bump up to 1TB? If not i'm going 8/8/16/512.

    :edit:

    This all about the M1 MBA sorry I definitely forgot to include that.

    submitted by /u/LingeringSentiments
    [link] [comments]

    Is keeping a macbook in this position safe? I fear the screen might get damaged in the long run but I really love this position.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 07:11 PM PDT

    open .iChat files on Big Sur?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 10:18 PM PDT

    Getting my first macbook

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 09:39 PM PDT

    Hi all! I'm looking into purchasing my first MacBook. Im not sure which to buy. I'm a doula who is working on designing my own website, and taking clients. I am also going back to school to be a midwife, so I need a laptop that I can use for school

    Any recommendations? TIA

    submitted by /u/this_cantbeit
    [link] [comments]

    Trade in MacBook Pro 13” 16GB for M1 MacBook Air?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:32 PM PDT

    I bought my 2020 Macbook pro 16GB in October for £1400. I didn't need a 16GB laptop it was just the only option at the time that didn't have a months wait on shipping and I needed it right then. At the moment I can essentially trade it in to apple for an M1 MacBook air 13" 8GB with student discount and not pay a penny. Am I insane? The battery life on my pro is shockingly bad (3-4 hours) and I don't think ill miss anything compared to the pro? Seem like a net upgrade to me...

    submitted by /u/Substantial-Cover-24
    [link] [comments]

    Mac charging cables

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 09:26 PM PDT

    What's the easiest way to clean Mac charging cables? I want to get rid of the yellow stains near the connector.

    submitted by /u/IonewoIfff
    [link] [comments]

    If I wanted to sell my M1 MacBook in the future, would it be wiser for me to purchase a new M1 Macbook Air over a refurbished M1 Macbook Air?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:36 PM PDT

    In other words, which one would be more valuable or would they be the same value?

    submitted by /u/ezitherese
    [link] [comments]

    New MacBook with (Minimal) Body Damage - Advice

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 07:48 PM PDT

    /r/AppleHelp Crosspost

    Today my new MacBook Pro was delivered, and I am looking for some advice.

    First thing I did was open it and put a tempered glass screen protector on.

    As I began to get everything setup and get logged in and my apps installed, I noticed a very small spot in between the trackpad and spacebar that looks like something chipped / hit the MacBook.

    I spoke to Apple through their iMessage chat support, and they told me that since this model is not in stock anywhere in my area that my only option is to send it back and once they receive it they will send me a replacement machine.

    • I was super excited to get this laptop, and I really don't want to go through the waiting process again.

    What would all of you do if this was the case for your new machine?

    • I spoke to one of my friends (who doesn't care about tech stuff at all) and she said to just ignore it. I am a little upset because it was such an expensive purchase for myself, and I thought it would come in perfect condition.

    Here are some pictures of the damaged spot.

    submitted by /u/thedeadrobot
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use a third party type c cable and original adapter for to charge my Macbook Air?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:57 PM PDT

    I accidentally broke my original charging cable for my MacBook Air. Due to covid restrictions, apple is not delivering in my area right now. I have a usb-c to usb-c cable which I got from Pixel 2 Charger. Can I use this wire with the Apple MacBook charger to charge my laptop? I need to be sure if it's safe for my laptop

    submitted by /u/prodveer
    [link] [comments]

    Should I sell my MB Pro 16inch (i7 & 16GB) for the new MacBook Pro M1 16 GB?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:00 PM PDT

    So the reason for this is that, when I'm editing 4K video's my playback starts lagging so much when I put some weight on the timeline (Grading, Plug-ins etc.) At this moment, I'm editing in PP and will edit in FCP when I get the M1 because of the amazing optimalisation. And yes, I use a external monitor.

    Being a photographer & filmmaker, workflow is important and I really get frustrated when it's starts lagging, and even crashing when I'm editing video's for my clients. But then again, the next apple event is in June where, most likely, the next generation m1 chip will be introduced.

    Any advice? Editing photo's is not an issue, its the video editing. I shoot on 4k 30/60.

    submitted by /u/Karelmirin
    [link] [comments]

    SIMS 4 ON 2013 MACBOOK

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    will i be able to play sims 4 on a Apple MacBook Pro 13", Early 2013, 2.6 GHz i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB HD without it glitching, crashing etc??

    submitted by /u/questions_24
    [link] [comments]

    Reccomendation for portable monitor

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:20 PM PDT

    The title pretty well says it all. I'm looking for a recommendation for a good portable monitor around the same size as the one on the MacBook Air. The only real requirements are that it will connect with HDMI and that I can fully cover the display when putting it in my laptop bag without having to buy a case for it.

    submitted by /u/NotDeadYet7917
    [link] [comments]

    Sound having issues on Macbook 2019(?). Has touchbar

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:17 PM PDT

    Hello!

    My macbook is having some sound issues, I'm able to hear with airpods connected, but the actual speakers don't work. Does anyone know what's wrong? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/blocksdontmatter
    [link] [comments]

    Is the 2020 m1 MacBook Air Worth It?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 01:16 PM PDT

    So I'm a 3rd year college student looking to go on to apply for master's programs in psychology and I just wanted to know if the 2020 m1 MacBook Air is worth it for school? I currently use an Hp Pavilion x360, but also have an iPad 8th generation for note taking and when I'm on the go. Any opinions help!

    submitted by /u/Atloi
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth investing in the magic mouse 2 or should is there a better alternative?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:27 AM PDT

    Hi so I am looking for a mouse for my Macbook air, I don't work long hours (probably like 4 hours a day.) so whilst i would like it to be comfortable it's not the main deciding factor for me. I don't want to spend a lot of money, however if the magic mouse 2 is worth it i'm happy to purchase it. I have heard a lot of people talking about the Logitech pebble mouse and the Satechi but even after looking up the specs and watching a few videos, i'm unsure about which to get. What mouse do you use for your macbook?

    submitted by /u/Rahh10
    [link] [comments]

    planning to get my first Macbook

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    I've always been a Windows user but I want to get the M1 Macbook Pro. I heard about the SSD issues and how it can wear out the SSD in a short time. What is your take on this? I would hate to have my machine be unuseable after 3 years.

    With Windows I always purchased software like Word, Excel, etc. Do I have to purchase those again for the Macbook or are there Apple equivalents for free?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/engineheat
    [link] [comments]

    Considering getting a MacBook air m1 and have some questions

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:05 AM PDT

    Hello, I have never had anything apple, but am considering getting a MacBook air m1. I have a few questions and would love if people could help. Thanks!

    1. How customizable is MacOS? I have only ever used windows, and I like it. It feels good and modern. I have never used anything Mac or apple. Am I able to customize everything? I have the the User Interface, and it looks sort of strange, but that's probably just because in used to Windows.

    2. How well does Mac hold up over time? I have heard of apples phones not lasting long, I know nothing about the laptops though.

    3. Do I need anything else apple for the MacBook to be good? I have nothing else apple, so I'm not sure if I would need other things for it to be good.

    4. What is Big Sur? I keep hearing about big sur, I have no idea what it is, can anyone tell me about it?

    5. I heard some stuff about the thermals on the MacBook air m1. I heard that the heating is pretty bad and it throttles sometimes, is this true?

    thanks for all the help, and I'm sorry if any of the questions are dumb or don't make sense.

    submitted by /u/coloppy
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any faster way to buy a 16GB M1 Air?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 12:16 PM PDT

    Title. Any way to buy a 16GB M1 Macbook Air, without the 2-3 week shipping? Best Buy doesn't sell them, apparently Apple Stores don't stock the 16GB model, and the shipping time for one bought from apple.com is absurd!

    EDIT: B&H seems to have them in stock, with a reasonable shipping time!

    submitted by /u/aspenuwu
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard backlight

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 12:14 PM PDT

    I turned off my MacBook's keyboard backlight. (And I would only turn it on temporarily, if really needed.)

    I simply hate the way keys look with those lines and points of lights underneath.

    I mean: I'm working during the day mostly, and even at night, I have lights in the room.

    Anyone else, or am I just a strange kind (of developer)? How do you keep this setting on your MacBook yourself?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/SDolha
    [link] [comments]

    is Colorware skins good quality?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    I want to get a skin for my MacBook air, I saw Fishskyn and dbrand have good quality skins for MacBooks but haven't seen any review for Colorware skins. Should I get a Fishskyn, dbrand, or Colorware skin?

    submitted by /u/kingsbear5678
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel