• Breaking News

    Monday, April 26, 2021

    Apple Help I was restoring my old iPhone when all of a sudden it shut itself down and now whenever I plug it in gives me this message, I can’t even open my iPhone now :/

    Apple Help I was restoring my old iPhone when all of a sudden it shut itself down and now whenever I plug it in gives me this message, I can’t even open my iPhone now :/


    I was restoring my old iPhone when all of a sudden it shut itself down and now whenever I plug it in gives me this message, I can’t even open my iPhone now :/

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    I am extremely confused over this new apple privacy option!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:52 PM PDT

    So everyone is talking about how there is a toggle now in iOS 14.5 under privacy called "allow apps to request to track", but this option has been there for a while so why is everyone acting like it's brand new? Furthermore I don't see these pop ups when opening apps like Facebook that ask me if I want to be tracked and I'm on 14.5 with the toggle on. Also is the toggle off or on by default and why is it greyed out for some people but not for me?

    So many questions and a lot of confusion seems to be surrounding this privacy update.

    submitted by /u/TinderPlatinum
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what this thing is called, or where I can buy a new one, if I can?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:02 PM PDT

    Anyone knows about this green tint/spot on my mid 2015 mbp retina screen? No idea how it originated, but has anyone gone through a similar issue and fixed it?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:52 PM PDT

    I just picked up a unibody 2010 MacBook from FB marketplace and the MagSafe light keeps on cutting in and out and the machine shuts off after the apple chime what could be causing this

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 10:05 PM PDT

    I need to screenshot a movie bought on Apple TV. It's for a research project which would be cited, so honestly as innocent as ever. I know there must be a built in function to stop this, but is there any way to get around it? I was able to on a windows laptop, but can't on my Mac.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 09:47 PM PDT

    I could screenshot with the default windows/microsoft screenshot extension when I played it on iTunes. But can't find any way to do this on Mac. Have tried downloading it and playing it on VLC, but it won't even play on VLC.

    submitted by /u/wander-and-wonder
    [link] [comments]

    Cookies are disabled

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 09:45 PM PDT

    I can't log into anything using google on my iPhone. Whenever I go to the password page it just says cookies are disabled. I don't have block all cookies enabled on safari. I have also downloaded chrome and switched the browser but nothing changes. Is this something wrong with my iPhone settings?

    submitted by /u/iwillneveranswer
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys, I’m trying to reset my Mac Pro and it won’t let me get past this screen. Thanks

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    Genius Bar Broke my phone, but still wants to charge me for service is this correct?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:49 PM PDT

    I took my 'I-phone 6s Plus' in for a battery replacement and the genius bar staff broke the screen by making the touch screen inoperable. I've been told it could be a week before they get a screen to replace the one they broke, but outside of the replacement they expect me to pay full price for the battery replacement.

    They damaged my phone to the point it will be inoperable, for a week and they are saying that them fixing what they broke for free is the courtesy. Am I missing something? I can't think of a place that would mess up this badly and still expect the customer to pay full price, let alone any price.

    What I'm asking is this the correct store policy, or are staff misleading me. They already attempted to offer me a refurbished I-Phone 6s Plus as a brand new one, before admitting when I questioned the box that it wasn't.

    submitted by /u/rmumford
    [link] [comments]

    Im trying to delete many photos at once from my iPhone using a Mac. Besides image capture, what are my best options?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:34 PM PDT

    Image capture wont even load the pictures let alone delete, so I was wondering, are there any other ways to delete multiple pictures at once using a Mac?

    submitted by /u/drewfussss
    [link] [comments]

    Safari freezing when signing up for accounts?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:33 PM PDT

    Using iPadOS 14.2 on 7th gen iPad. Haven't updated because ever since I updated from 13 after getting my iPad I've been dealing with bugs.

    I noticed when I was signing up for a website a while back Safari froze. Couldn't tap the screen, had to close the app and quickly exit out of the window when I went back in. Can't remember the website itself, sorry, I know it was a small game I'd wanted to try so at the time I just thought it was the site itself and avoided it. I did go on it on my iPhone and didn't have problems.

    But just now I went to sign up for an Outlook email, pretty popular site, and the same thing happened. Put in a username and when it prompted me to make a password the screen froze. Had to do the same thing, swipe up on the app, go back in and exit the window fast.

    Is this a known issue for 14.2 and I should update? I'll be honest, I can't remember any issues at all before 14, I'm pretty sure the bulk of them hit me with 14.2. Is 14.4 any better? I just don't want to face battery issues or anything else which is why I've been holding off.

    submitted by /u/coldhoundoom
    [link] [comments]

    Apple care+ question about Liquid damage

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:25 PM PDT

    Does anyone know if apple care+ cover liquid damage on MacBook? I spilt iced tea on the keyboard, now it's not Turning on and the touchpad is stuck. I have an appointment tmr at apple but I'm just wondering if apple care+ covers the damage. Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/kiwiqza
    [link] [comments]

    How would I know if someone blocked me?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:20 PM PDT

    I messaged them an hour ago and still no "delivered". We're in different countries so i can't send regular sms to check it.

    submitted by /u/wheres_julie
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air came back from repair downgraded

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:57 AM PDT

    hello! i'm sorry if this isn't the correct sub to post this in

    i recently sent my MacBook Air (2018) in for repairs, fully upgraded to macOS Big Sur. however, it's just come back as macOS Mojave. is it common for Apple to downgrade devices when repairing them? has this happened to anyone else?

    note: this was a hardware repair - keyboard replacement - and i had to restore data from a TimeMachine backup

    submitted by /u/aniagasiorb
    [link] [comments]

    LG UltraFine 5k with windows 10 (currently working on 4k waiting for a Mac Mini m1) show these vertical lines. Should I send it back?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:08 PM PDT

    Time Machine stuck on "Preparing Backup.." after battery died

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:02 PM PDT

    Macbook Air (Retina, 13-Inch, 2018) running on MacOS Mojave
    external storage is G Drive mobile SSD R-Series 500gb

    My macbook's battery is currently in need of service, so I got external storage just to back up everything. Time Machine was working perfectly. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention and I was dumb enough not to have a charger around so then the Macbook went to sleep.

    When I finally got my charger, the time machine backup failed so I deleted the contents (i don't remember if i formatted the drive or not) and then I assigned the drive to the time machine again, and now it's been stuck on "Preparing Backup.." for longer than it was originally. It's been over 15 minutes.

    I can't tell if it's even doing anything. I tried everything I could, I deleted the inprogress files, rebooted my mac several times, formatted the drive several times, and even gave my mac security updates. I don't remember anything else. I did something wrong, but I don't know what I did.
    I'm not overly tech savvy. I've been awake for a long time trying to figure out what to do. I refuse to update MacOS any further as I would like to keep my 32-bit programs. I need to bring the macbook in for repairs by tomorrow.

    Please, someone help me get out of this hell i've created for myself.

    submitted by /u/KindOfBluish
    [link] [comments]

    New MacBook with (Minimal) Body Damage - Advice

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 07:49 PM PDT

    /r/MacBook Crosspost

    Today my new MacBook Pro was delivered, and I am looking for some advice.

    First thing I did was open it and put a tempered glass screen protector on.

    As I began to get everything setup and get logged in and my apps installed, I noticed a very small spot in between the trackpad and spacebar that looks like something chipped / hit the MacBook.

    I spoke to Apple through their iMessage chat support, and they told me that since this model is not in stock anywhere in my area that my only option is to send it back and once they receive it they will send me a replacement machine.

    • I was super excited to get this laptop, and I really don't want to go through the waiting process again.

    What would all of you do if this was the case for your new machine?

    • I spoke to one of my friends (who doesn't care about tech stuff at all) and she said to just ignore it. I am a little upset because it was such an expensive purchase for myself, and I thought it would come in perfect condition.

    Here are some pictures of the damaged spot.

    submitted by /u/thedeadrobot
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to toggle the allow apps to request to track feature in iOS 14.5. Any solutions?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 01:34 PM PDT

    App tracking feature is grayed out for me. Can someone tell me how and if I can fix this?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 07:25 PM PDT

    iTunes/Music App 30 Seconds Skip

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 07:23 PM PDT

    I've seen this question asked so much over the internet & i've experienced it for years without any true solution but just trial and error trying different shit. Does anyone have any advice or help with this? I'm using the Music App (iTunes) on the Mac & it'll play a song for 30 seconds like a preview & skip to the next song. Only does it with certain imports, just randomly having an issue now with a 2Pac album and even imported completely new files of the same album that I was having issues with & it's still giving me issues. When the files are played in the Finder it plays fine btw.. not file issue

    submitted by /u/achurchinthewild
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone 12 PRO a few simple questions

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 07:06 PM PDT

    Hey there, I just bought a new iPhone 12 pro and it's a huge jump for me [been using 6s previously] so here are my few questions:

    1. how can I see the battery % from the home screen/locked screen?
    2. customization; seen some videos with the possibilities of ios14, could anyone name a few apps worth trying out? I downloaded "live wallpaper" - but this thing in order to change anything requires full access to the keyboard and from the warning note it could even get my credit card information, and I don't want to give out my personal information to any third-party apps. Could anyone please name apps that could help me in the customization process while not requiring full access to my phone?
    3. I downloaded an app named "motivation" in hopes of getting a widget with a new motivation quote every day, but of course, it requires a subscription, so my question is, is there any other app on the market that does it without the need to be subscribed?
    submitted by /u/Nextraque
    [link] [comments]

    What do the grey circle with the arrow mean?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:08 PM PDT

    iPhone 12 Pro Max grinding camera noise. Anyone else experience this? Apple replaced the back assembly of my phone (including camera) but issue persists.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:45 PM PDT

    Need to send emails for work and this is what’s been happening lately!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:49 PM PDT

    Help! Storage issue after restoring MacBook Pro “other volumes in container” issue. Sorry for poor quality photo. I restored my MacBook Pro and I am having storage issues I wasn’t having previously. MacBook Pro 2018, OS Catalina

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel