• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 27, 2021

    Apple iOS Apple releases the iPhone update that Facebook has been worried about for months

    Apple iOS Apple releases the iPhone update that Facebook has been worried about for months


    Apple releases the iPhone update that Facebook has been worried about for months

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:42 AM PDT

    [?Bug] Hi.. Youtube takes 65 GB of my storage space. I have no downloaded videos. Tried deleting & reinstalling the app too. It doesn't work. Is it a bug or i need to fix something? Experts here.... Pls give me a solution ... (iam on ios 14.5 GM)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 10:32 PM PDT

    App Tracking transparency Greyed out on iOS 14.5

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:24 AM PDT

    Just updated to iOS 14.5 on iPhone 12. And it's greyed out. I even immediately restarted my phone to see if it fixes itself. BUt no.

    Anybody who can guide me why this is happening?

    submitted by /u/_dhawan
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.5 tracking feature should be ON or OFF?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:26 PM PDT

    Was hoping someone could clarify because there's some confusion. First of all, this is not to be confused with the "greyed out" issues some users are having. I can freely toggle the tracking feature on and off but I wanted to know whether I'm supposed to have it on or off for apps not to track me? The wording "allow apps to request to track" and concept has me a bit confused. Would I need to have this ON so that I know if apps are trying to track and can say no to stop them? I've seen some posts saying no it should be toggled to OFF to not be tracked. Can someone clarify please?

    submitted by /u/Jimbuub
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 users, how's your performance with iOS 14?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:18 AM PDT

    I don't mind spending big on iPhones (more than other brands anyway) because I trust Apple to provide a great or at least good experience for four or more years after model release, delivering great value over time.

    My iPhone 8 has passed the 3 year mark now (since purchase) and, specially since iOS 14 was released, I now have to reboot it every few days because input lag and general app performance go down the drain at some point.

    Few facts: battery is still good (peak performance, 93% capacity) and I'm don't really have many apps installed, sticking to defaults for the most part (Safari, Mail, Weather, etc) with only a few deviations (Pocket Casts, YouTube Music, WhatsApp, Google Maps) and the usual additions (baking, Slack, Zoom/WebEx)...

    So, how's your experience with iPhone 8 ATM? time for a change? something might be wrong with my device or configuration specifically?

    submitted by /u/cyberguijarro
    [link] [comments]

    What's the reason behind Face/TouchID getting disabled after restarts?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:56 AM PDT

    Can't really find an answer for this anywhere. What's the logic behind having to input your passcode after restarting your iPhone?

    submitted by /u/RoyTheGeek
    [link] [comments]

    Did podcast become worse in 14.5?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 02:09 AM PDT

    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it appears that I can't remove an episode from latest episodes without marking it as played. Marking it as played adds it to the list of played episodes though, which it isn't.

    I just want to remove episodes that I don't want to listen to without marking it as played, messing up with my actual listening history. Am I missing something here?

    submitted by /u/LeSoleilBrilleEncore
    [link] [comments]

    Camera and flashlight stopped working after updating to ios 14.5. Anyone else experiencing this?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 04:50 AM PDT

    I've never encountered this glitch before. Just wanna know how many people here also encountered this problem and if anyone knows a quick fix. I'm using iphone 11 and already contacted support but I kept getting "Apple options are currently limited" message.

    TIA!

    EDIT: Already tried restarting and resetting, still doesn't work.

    submitted by /u/noob0817
    [link] [comments]

    Phone on dark mode but some apps on light mode

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:07 AM PDT

    Is there a way to have your phone on dark mode and have certain third party apps like outlook etc on light mode.

    submitted by /u/jalapenyoo
    [link] [comments]

    If you use the Apple Podcast app, check the “Limit Downloads” setting for all of the shows that you subscribe to.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    More details: I updated to iOS 14.5 then took my dog for a walk and listened to a podcast. I've been doing this for 6 years (the walk and podcast part, not the update to iOS 14.5 part… that was a one time thing) so all my settings are pretty dialed-in. I noticed that my phone was getting really warm, then I got a text message from AT&T that I'd chewed through 75% of my data. Confused, I looked at the cellular data consumption stats and the Podcast app was over 8 GB for the current period. I quickly turned off cellular data and finished my walk. When I got home, I noticed that episodes from as far back as August of 2020 were in the Downloaded folder. That's when I checked the per episode setting and realized the settings for every show had been reset to default.

    submitted by /u/blue0rbit
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.5 available now!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 09:46 AM PDT

    The new HomePod notification is really bad. . .

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:46 AM PDT

    Does anyone else struggle with this?

    It takes over the whole screen and causes my phone to vibrate rapid fire several times.

    Even if I'm not using my phone it's being triggered on my desk.

    submitted by /u/spaceleviathan
    [link] [comments]

    In-app links

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:36 AM PDT

    Odd little situation this morning. I can't seem to open any external links in any of my apps. I was reading an article on an app that had a link to a YouTube video, when I tried to open that link, it just sits there for minutes not doing anything.

    Same thing happened to my Xbox app. I logged out accidentally and trying to log back in, it pulls up an in-app connection to login.live.com but it's just a blank screen that keeps trying to load.

    submitted by /u/undermined-coeff
    [link] [comments]

    Audiobooks - control always open

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    I'm wondering if this is just me, because I've never seen anyone mention it. You listen to an audio book and the control is constantly open, so you grab your phone when it rings, and one finger accidentally scrolls you 6 hours through your book.

    Am I missing something that's already there - is there some control which will lock it? I know it's semi-protected when the phone screen is inactive, but as soon as something happens, or you get a call, the audio control is there and waiting to be fucked up.

    I can't believe nobody seems to complain about this, or that it can even still be an issue after so many updates, so if I'm missing something, please let me know.

    I tend to convert books from mp3 or CD into m4b files, and play them that way, if it makes any difference.

    submitted by /u/jajwhite
    [link] [comments]

    Wi-Fi Incorrect Password

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:21 AM PDT

    Hello! I have an iPad Mini 4, running iOS 11, decided to turn it on after 4 years. I turned it on, and reset it. I however cannot connect to Wi-Fi, it keeps saying incorrect Wi-Fi password, even though I know it's the right password. Is there anything I can do about this? It will connect to my phones hotspot, but not the Wi-Fi.

    submitted by /u/etewete115
    [link] [comments]

    Tracking option in iOS 14.5 is “greyed out”

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:28 AM PDT

    Text To Speech

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:12 AM PDT

    Hello. I am a big fan of everything apple.

    But I like to listen to books rather than to read them.

    I don't want to be a subject for audible.com

    So I plan to have an app that read books from apple books and then reads them.

    Problem is that I don't know that app.

    So, I ask you.

    You, who know so much.

    Is there a text to speech app that works with apple books?

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/danielm316
    [link] [comments]

    Is this new to iOS 14.5? (While Asking Siri to tell a story.)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:43 PM PDT

    Question about auto-deleting iMessages

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:49 AM PDT

    Hey guys! Quick question about auto-deleting iMessages.

    If I were to turn it on (considering for space and clutter reasons), would I be able to pick particular messages and contacts whose messages I'd like to save for longer than the time frame?

    Say, I want to save a group chat conversation, but everything is ok to delete. Is that possible??

    Thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/SubstantialWeather1
    [link] [comments]

    App tracking

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:58 AM PDT

    How do I get a specific app to stop tracking me on iOS 14.5? I don't want Facebook to track me but there doesn't seem to be an option anywhere to stop only Facebook from tracking me. Help?

    submitted by /u/architka
    [link] [comments]

    Subtle changes you’ve noticed in iOS14.5?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    When minimizing an app it keeps it in place rather than putting it directly at the front which used to be annoying

    submitted by /u/xBLM93
    [link] [comments]

    Apple fitness + Airplay 2 TV/roku, not showing rings

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:20 AM PDT

    Does anyone else is experiencing this bug? I was exited to start using Apple fitness+ with my Airplay 2 compatible roku... and it turns out it only sends the video, it doesn't show any of the stats.. the ring, burn bar.. time...

    Is anyone else experiencing this too in another compatible Airplay 2 device, like TV, etc..?

    submitted by /u/JanoHelloReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Podcasts app 14.5 redesign horrible

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    Is anyone else finding the iOS 14.5 podcast app redesign to be a step backwards?

    In the show page all shows now have a grey "updated on this date" under the title name, when before it showed you how many episodes were downloaded.

    They've also changed the how the episodes appear- theres a download logo beside the name if its been downloaded, and none of its not downloaded. This is completely opposite of the last design.

    submitted by /u/define_space
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.5: How to Report Speed Checks, Traffic Accidents, and Other Hazards in Apple Maps

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:41 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel