• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 28, 2021

    Apple iOS Apple Explains Why 'Allow Apps to Request to Track' May Be Grayed Out on iOS 14.5

    Apple iOS Apple Explains Why 'Allow Apps to Request to Track' May Be Grayed Out on iOS 14.5


    Apple Explains Why 'Allow Apps to Request to Track' May Be Grayed Out on iOS 14.5

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:14 AM PDT

    iOS14.5 trying to open garage door through siri carplay - “You’ll need to unlock your iPhone first, but I don’t recommend doing that while driving”

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 03:07 AM PDT

    Previously I've been able to do this while driving with carplay and "Hey Siri, Open Garage"

    Now Siri responds with "You'll need to unlock your iPhone first, but I don't recommend doing that while driving" which I've never encountered before.

    Just wondering if anyone else has come across this in the past or recently with iOS14.5?

    submitted by /u/shibariii
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.5 MEGATHREAD

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    With iOS 14.5 released, I figured a megathread was in order for people to discuss new features, questions, and complaints (e.g. battery drain).

    Feel free to post your iPhone model and your comments on the update!

    submitted by /u/arsonak45
    [link] [comments]

    Australian Watchdog Wants iOS Users to Have More Control Over Preinstalled Apps

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 02:47 AM PDT

    14.5 apps force close

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    Is somebody getting this problem? The apps randomly closes all together, like they crash, and it's all apps because the music, the airpods and the current app stops working all together.

    submitted by /u/Shad-Lord93
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Instagram still tracking my search history for adds even after IOS 14.5? Are they bypassing?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    I just googled something about McDonald's on safari. Shortly after Instagram had an ad about McDonald's as soon as I opened it. There's not even an option to disable its app tracking.

    Did they bypass apple's update?

    I know Facebook was furious about the update and they're scummy enough to cheat a system

    Edit: ads not adds

    submitted by /u/Rude_Cantaloupe_8426
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music Autoplay gone in 14.5?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 04:34 AM PDT

    Did Apple remove the autoplay feature in the Music app on iOS 14.5?!? Thought this was one of the best features but the infinity icon is now gone and I can't find it on my phone. Wife's phone didn't update yet and still has the option…

    submitted by /u/Kirk1233
    [link] [comments]

    Handling Facebook on iOS 14.5

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    Hi all, for the past couple months Ive used Facebook on my iphone by means of the bookmark saved on my Home Page (it looks like an app but Im guessing its just running in a Safari wrapper.) Given the privacy changes introduced in 14.5, is there any consensus on whether its better to run the mobile site or the app itself? Maybe theres no difference but Id rather ask.

    And please, no flaming for using Facebook, I hate them as much as anyone else but am required to use it for certain reasons. I want to as proactive as I can about privacy hence asking the question.

    submitted by /u/Squidmaster7
    [link] [comments]

    When will Apple update the iOS Mail app?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:12 AM PDT

    Title says it all. There are lots of rival mail apps available now and while it is still my preferred option, I am sure it is due a bit of an update. Perhaps adding labels, split inbox (mail emails and other - marketing/newsletters etc).

    So does anything think a revamp of the mail app is on Apple's roadmap?

    submitted by /u/-Mwanahabari-
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else getting this ridiculous bug after updating to iOS 14.5

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 12:37 AM PDT

    Help. Bluetooth keyboard connected and paired but become "Not connected" after few second

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 02:48 AM PDT

    Ver: 14.5 Prob: My ipad wont show any passcode. A passcode appeared when I paired my ipad with my android device.

    It just connect for a second then become "not connected". Tried everything from forgetting the device to resetting the network setting.

    Im losing hope

    submitted by /u/vbaaaaallislife
    [link] [comments]

    Messages vibrate in conversation

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 12:55 AM PDT

    Is there a way to stop the Messages app from vibrating when I'm receiving a message in-conversation?

    My phone is on silent already, I don't wanna silence Messages notifications, it's just that there's no point in vibrating if I'm looking straight at the messages being typed

    submitted by /u/everdrone97
    [link] [comments]

    Downloading a file from Google drive to Documents - "Too Many Http Redirects"

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 09:20 AM PDT

    Trying to download an audio file from Google Drive to Readdle Documents, the file fails to download and the message in Documents is "Too Many Http Redirects.

    submitted by /u/rigain
    [link] [comments]

    Mask ID works better with clear color masks.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 09:15 AM PDT

    I made some home tests and it's obvious that iOS 14.5 Mask ID have a better response when wearing masks with clear colors. Almost all my masks are black and it doesn't work. Instead my iPhone (XS) ask me for numeral code, to rescan or that I'm too far from my AW, but my AppleWatch (S3, wOS7.4) shows the unlock confirmation page, that's hard off-sync. So I tried different other masks and found that all pale blue, pink, yellow or white masks works perfectly. All the green, gray, blue mid tint, dark or black cause problems repeatedly.

    Do you find the same thing?

    submitted by /u/ostiDeCalisse
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 Plus microphone randomly stopped working? Please help

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:40 AM PDT

    I first noticed my videos had no sound for some reason and i thought it was just a bug with the videos but then when i tried to call my dentist i couldnt hear her and she couldnt hear me! Why? Phone has never overheated never been dropped in water only has 1 crack on screen after all these years.

    Is there any fix? I saw on Google that this happens ALOT and apparently apple is denying the issue

    submitted by /u/Yalje
    [link] [comments]

    Are the live wallpaper apps trustworthy?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:07 PM PDT

    I want to install one of those animated Lock Screen and theme on my iPhone but the app wants access to the keyboard and this warning came up, is this a problem?

    https://i.imgur.com/t3ixwLz.jpg

    Giving a random developer access to my keyboard does not seem like a good idea but I don't know enough about this type of stuff to make the call. If there is one that is regarded as safe/popular then Any info/advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated 🙂 thanks

    submitted by /u/_CitizenSnips_
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.5 flat out no service

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    iPhone 12 Pro Max in Canada Rogers network, there's completely no service after updating to 14.5

    tried airplane mode, tried restarting the phone, tried reset network settings, still flat out no service at all. I even tried another SIM card (same carrier) both cards no service in the new phone but working in an XR with old system. Again it's not poor signal or dropout, it's just totally flat 0 bars no nothing.

    submitted by /u/Simple_Island
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else get the media player interface stuck on their lock screen after someone sends a video in Messages? This has been happening to me for over year.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:01 PM PDT

    iPhone 6s Plus cannot be updated to iOS 14

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    My iPhone 6s Plus has currently installed iOS 13.4.1 and I'm trying to update it to the iOS 14 since the update first came. Now the iOS 14.5 update has received to my iPhone yet I still could not update it. When I try to update it through the phone itself, it downloads all the way to the end and after processing for several minutes an error appears saying "An error occurred installing iOS 14". I have about 8GB storage left in the iPhone. Then I tried through iTunes with my PC (I don't have a mac) and it was the same. Then I also tried with 3u Tools, but it also failed after fully downloaded. Please help.

    submitted by /u/mister_wolverine
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm doesn’t work

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:34 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I have an iPhone 12 Pro and every time before I go to bed I set up my alarm. I've checked every setting it's supposed to be at. But every morning I always wake up to the snooze screen but the alarm is dead silent. If I set it for a minute ahead just to test it, it works. It's only when I want to leave it for overnight it decides to not function

    submitted by /u/AerFly1
    [link] [comments]

    Weird .exe in backup

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    I recently backed up my Iphone when my PC's antivirus called out that there was a potential threat in the backup. It had found an exe called PhoenixMiner. Now I can't really fond anything online on why this might be in my backup and now I'm a bit confused and concerned. Does anybody know anything about this and whether it's dangerous?

    submitted by /u/QueenOfDub
    [link] [comments]

    Fitness+ on the Mac in 14.5

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:15 AM PDT

    iOS 14.5 Camera Not Working

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:53 AM PDT

    Just updated to 14.5 on an iPhone X and the camera stopped working. When I open the app it's just black. Flash isn't working either. Any ideas or fixes?

    submitted by /u/notblaga
    [link] [comments]

    I keep getting messages from a blocked number

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:51 AM PDT

    I blocked this number sending me harassing/annoying messages yesterday however their messages are still coming through It's an iMessage (blue bubble) I'm not sure how to fix this issue

    submitted by /u/xosunee
    [link] [comments]

    Safari Suggestions and Most Used apps vanished

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    Anyone else facing an issue where Safari stopped showing any suggestions on the default page? I just re-logged in to my iCloud yesterday. Is this normal? or is it iOS 14.5?

    However, the Safari shows all the browsing history even from the time before I logged out of iCloud.

    How can I have them back?

    submitted by /u/easierpizzier
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel