• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 7, 2021

    macOS How do I make this stop??

    macOS How do I make this stop??


    How do I make this stop??

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 04:32 PM PST

    An iMovie provisioning profile just showed up in my settings -- anyone know why?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 11:27 AM PST

    Why are there so many pixels UNDER the Dock?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:26 PM PST

    Eject disk error, is it safe to eject anyway?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:13 AM PST

    Nested virtualisation in M1 Macbook air?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 11:04 PM PST

    I am just starting my cs course and am trying to get a laptop for it. For my network admin class I am required to use Hyper-V on a windows server. I was wondering if the M1 MacBook has support for nested virtualisation and would allow me to start a windows virtual machine, install hyper-v and then run other virtual machines through Hyper-V?

    submitted by /u/KarnaAmit
    [link] [comments]

    I can't see minimalised controlsprit after installing and removing pock app on my MacBook Pro 15'' 2018 512gb

    Posted: 07 Mar 2021 12:28 AM PST

    Pock is a app that allows you to costumize your TouchBar even more. I installed it just for fun and removed it after. But i can't see the minimalised controlsprit after. It's missing. Can anybody help? I just got my Mac 1-2 week ago i don't realy know much thing about it.

    submitted by /u/EfeALKIS
    [link] [comments]

    Chat Apps consume high RAM

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 10:31 PM PST

    Chat Apps consume high RAM

    HI all. I noticed that viber, teamwork chat (my business one) and whatsapp consume too much RAM. It is just too much! any thoughts on that?

    https://preview.redd.it/iddmgei7wjl61.png?width=2150&format=png&auto=webp&s=5435306f01cd56ab49adbd32f10e4c75ece9cced

    submitted by /u/karolospre
    [link] [comments]

    Still Running High Sierra on MBP 2011 - End of Software Support Concern

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:27 PM PST

    Like the title says, I'm still running macOS High Sierra on my 2011 MacBook Pro. I read that software support ended December 1, 2020. Should I be concerned about dwindling security at all (viruses, etc) or is it safe to stay on High Sierra?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/NocturnalAnimals3
    [link] [comments]

    VoiceMeeter, but for Mac?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:02 PM PST

    Anything like VoiceMeeter Potato for Big Sur?

    https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/potato.htm

    submitted by /u/joshuakuhn
    [link] [comments]

    How To Change Time Machine Password - Mac OS Extended (Journaled, Encrypted)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:11 PM PST

    I need some help finding an older Mac game...

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:27 PM PST

    This is absurd. I've been down these rabbit holes before. I thought I'd left that part of me behind. But this evening I received a phone call from my younger sister, who was trying to remember the name of a childhood game that she played. The following is all of the information I can come up with...

    It was definitely played on the original iMac, so I would say circa 1998-2003ish would have been the timeline we are looking for.

    It was some kind of farming game/garden simulator.

    There was some kind of weird old farmer guy that would tell you if your plants were drying out or over watered.

    There was definitely some kind of weather indicator.

    You most certainly harvested your plants/crops and sold them to buy more expensive seeds and equipment.

    I don't remember there being any farming machinery involved; no combines and tractors.

    Almost certain there was a speed up/slow down time situation involved.

    Good luck.

    submitted by /u/imamidgetcatcher
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Terminal, new to the terminal and need advice from people that know it. Many thanks fellow macOS users.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 04:25 PM PST

    Hello all, I have been doing some research into terminal as I want to become a software engineer in the near future. As it turns out, the terminal is based off Unix which is something all software devs love and so I'm wondering if anyone who uses this can help me look for places (websites, books etc) to help me learn how to the terminal?

    submitted by /u/IIDirtII
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to keep the top menu bar visible when I go full screen mode?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:50 AM PST

    I'm trying to figure out how to go full screen mode and still have the top menu bar always visible but couldn't find anything online.

    People are referring to the automatically hide and show the menubar as uncheck it but it doesn't keep the menu bar always open on full screen mode.

    submitted by /u/swiggyu
    [link] [comments]

    Expired SSL certificate but can't trace it back, can't download sys updates

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:28 PM PST

    Problem began when plugging in my iphone to my imac I got a message about an update required for connecting to the phone but when I clicked download it almost immediately s tops and says it can't download due to network error. Phone is up to date, computer seems to be behind on an update.

    Opening App Store brings up a window that stays blank and seems to just hang out. I noticed that two others including spotify do this on my computer too, now. Convenient timing there... i can access the internet but it seems like any software updates are currently not going through.

    If i go to About Computer and click Software Update I get a pane in sys prefs saying the SSL expired. But doesn't say what cert.

    I'm at a loss on how to fix it

    macOS Catalina 10.15.7

    submitted by /u/arealhumannotabot
    [link] [comments]

    Two External Displays connected via Thunderbolt dock stuck in mirror mode

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 04:02 PM PST

    I have a MacBook Pro 2018 i5 running Big Sur (11.2.2) connected to a Dell Thunderbolt 3 docking station. I have two identical Dell monitors connected to the docking station. I am using the computer in clamshell mode when docked.

    When I connect the dock to the computer it uses both displays but they are mirroring each other. The option to use them as separate displays is not available in the settings menu.

    Any ideas on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/muff_puffer
    [link] [comments]

    Transparent square

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:36 PM PST

    I just saw there was a transparent square at my mac home screen, I couldn't click on it or anything, and it was only at the homescreen and not when I opened anything else.. I restarded my macbook and it seems like it isn't there anymore.. but what could've caused this? Is it normal?

    submitted by /u/unidentifiedgirll
    [link] [comments]

    What are MachUUID's?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:10 AM PST

    If you take a look at the diagnostic files using the console application, all entries will be ended with SenderMachUUID. None of these match the UUID of the mac in question, so are they all just randomly generated UUID's for each process?

    submitted by /u/what51tmean
    [link] [comments]

    SSD on M1 MBA

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:28 PM PST

    Guys has anyone tested usage of SSD. What is yours percentage? Thank you for your feedback!

    And what do you think is it real issue or just a bug in drive reporting tool?

    UPD: M1 MBA 8/256

    submitted by /u/vitalyvoloshyn
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur on iMac 2019

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:32 PM PST

    Install or not to Install BigSur on a 2019 iMac. Minor Glitches are ok, but any major downside for upgrading to the latest version?

    submitted by /u/sunilgr01
    [link] [comments]

    Tag files quickly

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:20 PM PST

    https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mac-help/mchlp15236/10.14/mac/10.14

    Use keyboard shortcuts to tag files quickly—select a file, then use Control-1 through Control-7 to add (or remove) your favorite tags. Control-0 (zero) removes all tags from a file.

    I'm on High Sierra and this doesn't work for me. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Ammaeli
    [link] [comments]

    I’d like MacOS to show an actual picture of the machine again, for example in this photo I found it would show an actual picture of the 2009 MacBook Pro instead of just the OS icon. Thoughts?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:19 PM PST

    Apple Music Doesn't Show Notification of Song Change?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:26 AM PST

    Apple Music Doesn't Show Notification of Song Change?

    So for the longest time now Apple Music no longer shows a notification when the song changes and it drives me CRAZY! I've attached screenshots of my settings to show that it is enabled. Any help on this would be amazing

    Apple Music Settings

    Notification Settings

    submitted by /u/dandreaco
    [link] [comments]

    Hmm

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:10 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel